Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
Try the electrostatic test. Rubbing the piece of whatever a few times over real wool and then hold the piece above your hair on head, arms or whatever. ABV works too ;-)
If it should be real amber hairs - AbV, Ash, tiny pieces of paper will stand up cause of electrostatic charge.

Another way of non-dangerous testing is UV-light (Blacklight) Real amber is shining darkgreen or blue under this light.

But take care. All these test are only an indicator for amber not for naturally grown amber. Pressed amber reacts the same.

Last edited:

Squiby

No carb (which I kind of like),

I have found that I really enjoy the stems that I've adopted to a ti tip. No carb, mouthpull, inhale with fresh air. Very nice!

My favorite Vapcap is my Copper Stoned made by Jason at Dynavap. The bumpy surface is wonderful, it doesn't roll and has a nice feel in the hand. But, it's hard to find the carb hole in low light, so I moved the condenser oring down past it to block it. It's great, I won't be adjusting it back.

using old cigarette holders

I have been on the same quest. I have a few that don't really work well in that the hole in the stem is too small to be practical. I have some very fine honing files and one day when I am brave I may try to ream one out.

mGNR4EV.jpg

That is a real beauty!!

@flotntoke Thanks for all the advice!!!! I'll likely have more questions after I follow your leads!

Chose

Unfortunately I happen to be one of the people to have received a less than perfect unit. It's functioning but with some very frustrating defects. I get a 10-17 degree drop each time I take a draw and bc of that the battery life never reaches past 40 mins for me. When it works properly it's amazing but that's only half the time

U may find what I ordered less interesting than the process of my order. Here goes, last week I visited the site for the first time intending on picking up the og, upon consideration(mainly aesthetics)I upgraded to the ti glassy. Next day I changed the order to the cheapest ti woody bc that's even more beautiful than the Glassy. They had to cancel the order which left me with more time to build the perfect piece in my mind. I flip flopped every day for a different one and finally I just had to do it before I wind up with a whole collection. The final order (and I intend on staying firm on this....hopefully)is as follows-
Ti woody xls Blackwood
Both types of orings
degummed hemp
Titanium ccd's
Triple flame lighter
Extra case

Hopefully I'll get the shipping email soon before I weaken and add the dynastash . I'm just itching to do it too, gotta stay strong.
Nice very nice your going to love it

Hi everyone I've been enjoying my little og vapcap for a while now!somehow between this and my sticky brick jr are the only vapes i own that really helped me kick combustion!how?i own volcano,mighty,crafty,solo,grasshopper ti,pax1,storm and none of these really stopped me having a joint in the evening!? Anyway I've just broken the outer glass bit on vapcap!:doh:so thinking about upgrading to a ti woody or omni,only problem is I'm in the uk and Vapefiend are out of stock!anyone here bought direct from dynavap who lives in U.K.?any idea of delivery and import duties etc?any help much appreciated :tup:
My order came in about nine days
No hiden costs go for it it's a silky smooth proses

Last edited by a moderator:

Diggy Smalls

Notorious
All this bakelite talk....there is a little shop on my walk home from work that has tons of old shit. And they have bakelite cigarette holders that are so cool looking...great feel, too. But the name of the material freaked me out. Hahaha I might have to head back in there and look a little closer.

Anyway, my drug dealer isn't answering his phone, so I'm out of cannabis and the gal's gone for the weekend. BUMMER DUDE! But I decided to try out a tightly packed full bowl of avb in the vapcap. It tasted disgusting. So, for the first time I decided to pair it with some glass. I just tossed a piece of silicone over the end of it and slid it up over the carb hole.

I'm burning through this shit, but I've collected a lot of it, so I should be good for a little while. Hahaha Hey, it's better than smoking resin from spoon bowls like back in my youth. lol I get two heat cycles/pulls from it, and it comes out coffee brown. The second pull is the absolute thickest vapor I've ever gotten. I might just have to try this little fucker out with some fresh herb and through water.

I've come to accept the tight draw of a closed carb. It's fine through a water tool. My mom and I got ripped before a funeral of a mutual friend today. She smoked it like a cigarette intuitively and really enjoyed it with a closed carb. The bad news now is that all my family members are getting their own vapcap! :)

Some good glass advice here today, too. I! I will be king!

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
As soon as I saw the 1st gen tips I went, and seem to still be, on an all consuming VC trip.

So it's been putting a smile on my face as all you other folk catch me up, @Squiby's collection especially. I'd looked at all the stuff you've bought, then speaking with @Hogni about Amber, and now seeing @flotntoke's lovely piece. It's great

Squiby you know if you need any help then ask away, that goes for everyone here.
If you see something and either need advice or you want to know how it could be re-purposed then please get in touch. There is way more out there than I ever realised. It's never ending. It's got a whole lot easier now the new caps breathe so freely.

I won't post any links as I do worry about a certain person ending up like 'the cat lady' only with Vapcaps, you know who you are..

My Deco Glass and the other one which was listed by the same person
lsD9kSwm.jpg
yVbOAsOm.jpg

A couple of probably very expensive one's.
RXKQiipm.jpg
yDEFuecm.jpg

Guilloche Enamel and a Solid Silver with a Bakelite MP, which should just be screwed on, so a wooden one could be made for it
pH4pXRrm.jpg
qPdL4TTm.jpg

Cut glass and my favorite amber, jet and amber again. Then Meerschaum which is porous and could take a while to lose it's baccy flavor.
IsTOuJum.jpg
16jgTRzm.jpg
9At7iNHm.jpg

Flotntoke while I've been typing and erasing this I saw @Diggy Smalls post and had a thought on the Bakelite thing, perhaps a small adapter either wood or Ti with some O rings could be made like the one I use with the Deco Glass, this could help with any heat transfer and lessens the worry.
WGX54DEm.jpg

Hogni

@phattpiggie: Nice collection! Are you sure that mouthpiece of the solid silver one is made of Bakelite?
Not Ebonite? Bakelite isnt mouldable after proceeding, Ebonite is. Try to heat it with a hairdryer for some minutes. If it is hot enough its mouldable again and you can treat it like you want.
Bakelite was nearly never used for Mouthpieces.

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
As soon as I saw the 1st gen tips I went, and seem to still be, on an all consuming VC trip.

So it's been putting a smile on my face as all you other folk catch me up, @Squiby's collection especially. I'd looked at all the stuff you've bought, then speaking with @Hogni about Amber, and now seeing @flotntoke's lovely piece. It's great

Squiby you know if you need any help then ask away, that goes for everyone here.
If you see something and either need advice or you want to know how it could be re-purposed then please get in touch. There is way more out there than I ever realised. It's never ending. It's got a whole lot easier now the new caps breathe so freely.

I won't post any links as I do worry about a certain person ending up like 'the cat lady' only with Vapcaps, you know who you are..

My Deco Glass and the other one which was listed by the same person
lsD9kSwm.jpg
yVbOAsOm.jpg

A couple of probably very expensive one's.
RXKQiipm.jpg
yDEFuecm.jpg

Guilloche Enamel and a Solid Silver with a Bakelite MP, which should just be screwed on, so a wooden one could be made for it
pH4pXRrm.jpg
qPdL4TTm.jpg

Cut glass and my favorite amber, jet and amber again. Then Meerschaum which is porous and could take a while to lose it's baccy flavor.
IsTOuJum.jpg
16jgTRzm.jpg
9At7iNHm.jpg

Flotntoke while I've been typing and erasing this I saw @Diggy Smalls post and had a thought on the Bakelite thing, perhaps a small adapter either wood or Ti with some O rings could be made like the one I use with the Deco Glass, this could help with any heat transfer and lessens the worry.
WGX54DEm.jpg

Yes, I considered a wooden insert like you used. Trust me... I'm sure to catch all of your posts and read them carefully. :tup: It could be possible, but because of the already great fit I think the wood piece would have to extend out past the end of the holder, not recessed as in your picture above. So possible, but would take away from the beauty of it. For now, I think I am going to continue looking for some nice amber and save this one for the occasional one load so it doesn't get too hot.

FWIW, you started me on this cigarette holder thing. Couldn't agree more with what you said above and previously. Just seems like such a cool re-purposing. Unfortanately, the mother of pearl ones I've found are way too expensive for my budget. Still looking for one of those, and looking for any others that may work.

Teenthontik

Babylon Is Burning
Hiya peepz I'm in the uk and have been vaping since 2010 when I gave up smoking tobacco but continued to smoke weed and concentrates ital and began vaping sporadically. I fucked combustion completely a couple of years ago when I became the proud owner of my now well used but hardly worn Sublimator dabmaster, pretty much the first vape to really satisfy and saturate me. And along with a good Firefly 1 that has never let me down in three years(+mk2 batteries of course)satisfied me for my portable needs. So on black Friday recently after reading the Vapcap thread I decided to take the plunge and order an ebony Ti woody with Dynastash so as to take advantage of the discount. I already have an OG from Vapefiend which I'm quite impressed with. So I ordered sed articles and have received them. I am very happy with my purchases and the grain on my Bocote Dynastash is stunning.
Now I might be wrong and I have no idea where I read it in this thread, thats why I'm asking. But I am sure somebody has mentioned that Dynavap security on their website was not up and working over the black Friday weekend and that their site was compromised at this time is that true? The reason I ask this is because my bank account was fraudulently drained yesterday from the USA and I have a feeling this must be the reason. Could anybody please clarify before I mail George.

Cheers TOT

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
@Hogni they are only pictures taken from the Internet, the Amber jet and amber one is about 150 Euro.
I saw a silver one on UK Ebay and it was listed as being a Bakelite MP but it may have been Ebony, I know that Blackwood can feel a bit like plastic when it's polished.

@Teenthontik I would contact George and see what he says, it could be coincidence.

Chose

Ohh that's bad news
Report to bank ASAP and let George know
He will help in any way he can he definetly won't want this to happen to his customers he REALY cares
Mail him don't hesitate but you need to report it to your bank
I heard this too and have checked my cc daily and luckily it's fine but yes someone said they had been hacked
BASTARDS SKUM BAGS
I don't like using cc online myself hopefully @VapCap will add Paypal soon then we can all feel secure
Low life scum fuckers
Sory but this REALY makes me mad:goon::rant::goon:
Sorry to hear this @Teenthontikime sure George is doing every thing possible to make his site secure but these thifes are always one step a head I hope karma bites them right on there arse then they trip over in to the road and get hit by a truck
I don't want them to die but a few months in full plaster and pain should be fine for them
One love all you respectfull souls around our planet

Last edited:

Squiby

@phattpiggie , you have such a wonderful and unusual collection. I have always liked the old cigarette holders even though I never had a purpose for them in the past. You know, my BVC days.

That blue cut glass one has got to be rare. I have never seen the likes of it. I think that my favorite in your collection has to be the amber, jet and amber again. The Meerschaum and the cut glass. Lovely!

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I don't like using cc online myself hopefully @VapCap will add Paypal soon then we can all feel secure
Early on VapCap was one of the vendors dropped by PayPal when they were excising cannabis paraphernalia companies. At that time there was a scramble to find and activate another pay system that led to delays. I don't know if any of that has changed and/or if PayPal has become any friendlier to cannabis related companies. I would imagine even if they were George wouldn't be anxious to give them business at this point. At least I would feel that way...
Ough, pic related to my question... from borosylicate or glass is the og?
It's gotta be boro or pyrex or some heat resistant glass. If it was plain glass the OG would never last more than a week I would think. Too much heating and cooling...

Hogni

Did anybody measure temperature of the body/stem while in use?
I think this is an important point to know which materials can be used as a body/stem

Edit: does anybody know why there is so much empty space between my text and signature?
Cant find the reason.

stark1

Lonesome Planet
Ough, pic related to my question... from borosylicate or glass is the og?

IMG_20170107_1620578_rewind.jpg

IMG_20170107_1621149_rewind.jpg

FUS?

"Frequent User Syndrome."

Borosylicate is a type of heat resistant glass with low expansion properties.

Thermal shock however from many very hot, to many cooling, cycles will eventually cause failure in the glass, especially if there is an initial smalll imperfection, like a scoring, or slight crack.:o

(Is that an original black VapCap, or the result of "butane burn"?)

Last edited:

Mono

ahahaha its an original bic victim :)

I understand the cycles (i work in a laboratory), however, upon de concenetration of borosilicate how resistant it is... thats why my question. Because of the cap, fire didnt contact direct the "glass"..., so my question was related is really borosicilate or could be an improvement to take some more "pyrex" kind of...?

Mr. Me2

Can somebody tell me how long one order of hemp from Dynavap lasts? I want to use it in a @Squiby screen sandwich. I need to place an order today (to catch the ti screen sale). And don't know how many orders of hemp to place.

Will one order last me months?

Does the hemp dry out or otherwise go "bad"?

Thanks for your help!!!

rz

Can somebody tell me how long one order of hemp from Dynavap lasts? I want to use it in a @Squiby screen sandwich. I need to place an order today (to catch the ti screen sale). And don't know how many orders of hemp to place.

Will one order last me months?

Does the hemp dry out or otherwise go "bad"?

Thanks for your help!!!

The hemp does 'dry out' after about a week or 2 of daily usage, depending in your usage and temperatures. It eventually turns black and brittle.

It really doesn't take much hemp fiber to make a filter. A rough eyeball estimate is that you could make 20~30 filters from a pack..

Rough estimate - about 15~30 loads through a filter.

According to my rough estimates - a pack can last around 300-900 bowls depending on usage. Calculate according to how OCD you are, how packed your bowls are, how hot you run you bowls, and how many bowls you do a month. Either way, you should get a few months..

YMMV

Top Bottom