stark1

Lonesome Planet
HDeS7gf.jpg

After 2 (maybe 3?) configuration changes, 2 of the 4 o-rings are totally shredded. I'm probably doing something wrong, but after 20-30 min fiddling with getting the condenser in without touching the edges near the tip (unsuccessfully), I had to attempt to wedge the tip in. I think that's when the damage occurred. Very uncommon? Is there a trick to the condenser and it's o-rings? Is it not really as functionally modular as advertised?

Dude, if you chill, slip -- and slide, it would be a piece of cake. Easy does it.
Gentle persuasion does the trick. --"That's what she said".:tup:

A little lube goes a long way.

Nize new tip, BTW.

Last edited:

blackstone

I wanted to come on and say how really amazing that the OG is after a short trip lately!
And how someone @almost there ?? was going for OG first, then upgraded a few times... You would have been A.O.K with the OG!! for a good while anyway I reckon!
Somebody might have said on here that the taste is unmatched, it's amazing.
Also, although it would still hurt, it would be the easiest VapCap to part ways with if lost or otherwise.
I'm glad that I'm familiar with OG as it's one to buy when on holiday, and also glad I'm now less stupid and probably won't overheat my future VapCap when I'm all saved up for that!! lol

But ya, then I saw that new one from @Choughed !!!!!
Jeeeez LOUISE is what I said :nod:
What a finish, and the engraving amazing.
I really like that there's a number of logos and layouts on the caps right now!
Would it be better if you could choose your logo layout, or get random ones and collect them all?!

Is it normal for the titanium tip to darken from use at the end?
EDIT- Sorry I thought you asked about the cap, not the tip, so I wrote a long answer below! I'll leave it there in case the info is useful to anyone.
But my ground glass "tip" darkens slightly (mostly from when I combusted by mistake?), I put it down to a tiny number of stray vapor particles being heated onto the surface, but on the titanium, it may also be the metal changing color from heat.

titanium and heat?
It's called bluing and it can happen with stainless steel and chrome too. The hues are impressive from the titanium at some points in the process depending on the heat and where it travels.
Someone recently posted a French product that removes it well, and while looking up titanium bluing I stumbled upon this product:
Autosol Bluing Remover.
11_20D01290_1.jpg

I'm not sure if any metal polish would work but an engineering/auto outlet might have similar products.
And of course be sure to not let much reach the inner wall of the cap,
wash it well after or perform a dry burn off before next use?
That's if your the type to even use a paste like this on a heated inhalation device! Some might not?
I tried some magic eraser pad on mine and it seems to remove tarnish while helping rainbows to shine through on the cap and Dynavap logo.
Looks sweet to me, but I'd be open to removing my bluing and starting new bluing, keeping it higher up on the tip to look nice!

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
Lovely new toy @Choughed. Tomorrow & Wednesday are meant to be the real killer days this week so stay cool.

@beiberhole69 I found my WonG to be a fraction tight so I gave it a light sand inside. It is still rather snug but at least if it is tight you can fix that easily as opposed to loose. If you do decide to break out some sandpaper go very easy on it & use something like a 400 grit.

I have been playing around with my VonG & have stayed with the medium size bowl but am varying my heat times & seem to get 2 very healthy bubbler rips per load.

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
Oh-mi-gosh, she has finally arrived in the land down under! Scorching hot day, too hot to do much other than play with the new toy. :) I reckon she's absolutely beautiful, exactly what I was hoping for.

5bA1LfX.jpg

8JLkbJY.jpg

BTnVhsT.jpg

Almost too pretty to use! I'm over the moon, thank you Matt and everyone at DynaVap HQ!

Oh, and the PyroVap seemed to go down well with my better half.. which is nice, but I'm kinda distracted right now. ;)

Hi @Coughed, congrats! Pretty nice 'Girlie stuff'! ;-)
How did they make the bodies? Anodized?
If yes, are they sensible to scratches like the anodized Grasshoppers?

What are the extra costs for that?

And a lot of pics here all around of caps with engravings. Love the possibiilty and would like to have my own engravings. But nobody tells what they have paid in addition to them. What does an engraving cost?

Last edited:

Squiby

I really like that there's a number of logos and layouts on the caps right now!
Would it be better if you could choose your logo

We have been choosing our own images for engraved caps.

I'm sure Dynavap has been collecting all the engraving requests and might even offer a catalogue of images to choose from, one day.

But so far, engraved caps have been custom jobs. You just send them the file of the image you prefer and they will put it on a cap for you..

But nobody tells what they have paid in addition to them. What does an engraving cost?
I think it is around $15. May be more or less depending on the your custom request.

Joaon

What does an engraving cost?
I think it is around $15. May be more or less depending on the your custom request.

:myday: In the last news:

it is an additional $5 for the few that they have already done and posted (lotus/ohm/mandala..),
and an additional $15 when you provides the image file since it requires some set up time on their end with the laser.

they are also hoping to integrate an easy to use, straight forward way of making custom cap orders on the website

So yeah @Hogni, some of us have told what we paid for, you just have to read the posts ..402 pages, I know..
Or to be square, you can mail them : info@dynavap.com

;) :)

Patiently waiting for the next custom cap to arrive .. It will be a beauty ! :luv:
Matt said he really liked the design and could really appreciate it, as he have a forestry degree :cool::
iQ0BQSZ.jpg

Enso Ecosystem

Last edited:

Joaon

I knew it would please you as well ! :cool:
An ode to Nature and sacred life;
I love the Enso concept, but too much simplistic for an engraving IMO.
This Enso Ecosystem reflect entirely my vision of the word,
and match really well with the VapCap :luv:

Last edited:

alltoreup

Damn you, party liquor
Beautiful in house Ti stem. Love the colors. That takes some serious heat to anodize it to those colors. Goldish bronze is first, then purple, the blue to light blue then into the pinks and greens.
I haven't put enough electricity to mine to make the greens yet. Nice to know what it will look like.

And for those asking, the anodizing is subject to scratches just like any Ti and it can be scratched completely off.
I actually remove the anodizing completely when I make my stems if I don't like how it turns out. Takes just a bit of steel wool and it goes right back to silver.

You can clean up your Ti tips with some steel wool to like new. I do it to mine each time I clean it. Just make sure to wash again to remove any particles.

Ricardo

"Journey too long".
That's what the email said - no VapCap for me as the European supplier cancelled my order - they have had issues with broken/lost orders to my region in the past, so fair enough I 'spose. :huh: It's true that I live in the furthermost reaches of the EU but we do have a postal service and I order tons of stuff online :ugh:

Ricardo,

alltoreup

Damn you, party liquor
Show and tell time again:brow:
I've been meaning to post this before now but a kitchen remodel has taken all my time. Vapcap is handy when DIYing
BTW

I made this last month and have been thoroughly enjoying it. I wanted a new stash to fit my XLS double TI concentrate vapcap so I ended up making one myself. A double garage stash out of red oak with poplar plugs that you can change out to adjust the size if needed. Right now I can carry a regular length and my XLS but currently one side just has some parchment paper folded with some goodies waiting to go up in vapor;)

XZhN7hE.jpg

Then I had to give my XLS Ti stem some color and a bit of a grippy part. So I slightly sanded down the end of the stem to give a bit of grip and then anodized the entire thing.

SE1nPC7.jpg

You can really see the texture change in this pic and it really does make a difference with the twirl to heat.

And lastly here are some of my stems and bodies in the sun looking lovely.

fZEHiEz.jpg

:leaf:

PS. Forgot to mention that the two magnets on the stashes stick together perfectly for on the go!

stark1

Lonesome Planet
Beautiful in house Ti stem. Love the colors. That ytakes some serious heat to anodize it to those colors. Goldish bronze is first, then purple, the blue to light blue then into the pinks and greens.
I haven't put enough electricity to mine to make the greens yet. Nice to know what it will look like.

And for those asking, the anodizing is subject to scratches just like any Ti and it can be scratched completely off.
I actually remove the anodizing completely when I make my stems if I don't like how it turns out. Takes just a bit of steel wool and it goes right back to silver.

You can clean up your Ti tips with some steel wool to like new. I do it to mine each time I clean it. Just make sure to wash again to remove any particles.

@alltoreup

11Y9nxy.jpg

A buck ten & you get blue/purple, but house current can permanently try/fry one's mortality.:rip:

Ideas
for a high voltage, low current, source? Hate to sleep the dreamless sleep chasing blue.:rip:

Green's a dream.

Edit. Forget high currents. Am gonna try propane torch.....:spliff:

Last edited:

alltoreup

Damn you, party liquor
@stark1 I use 9 volt batteries in series to go up 9 volts at a time. Just didnt have enough to go up to the 110-120 range for that tealish green - nor the balls:ko:
Electricity is to be respected at all times. I like living!
My next attempt will be in the 80 range for that gold. I think it will be a bit better looking on my Saints vapcap than what it is now. Just need the time to try.

The pros use a variable power supply from what I can tell and just crank it to whatever they need.

And heat will give you whatever color you want, it's just hard to control it to get a solid color. Hence the rainbow look

natural farmer

"Journey too long".
That's what the email said - no VapCap for me as the European supplier cancelled my order - they have had issues with broken/lost orders to my region in the past, so fair enough I 'spose. :huh: It's true that I live in the furthermost reaches of the EU but we do have a postal service and I order tons of stuff online :ugh:
Let me guess... Vapefiend and Greece? :ugh:

mucsusn

60 going on 20
Yep, could do that but I've never had the experience and wanted to try it with the basic version first. If I order from USA I'll be buying Titanium /ebony/unicorn horn versions and stash boxes etc. What happens if I just don't like it?
You can get a glass Vapcap on dynavap for 35 dollars US plus I think 13 dollars shipping. Fairly inexpensive experiment

beiberhole69

Sexual Maven
so matt in customer service recommended i lube the tip when changing it. what do you guys recommend/ is a little spit enough/ some bees wax lip balm/ they said they would throw in some rings for me without creating a new invoice... this company is as super as everyone says. cappin on foos 4 life1111

btw, fuck my keyboard.

Top Bottom