stark1

Lonesome Planet
@stark1 It sure is one of @mestizo 's pieces. This one's stainless steel, the TI ones were gone before I found out about em.

More from our very own artist's @mestizo admirable,drool, creations:ko: :leaf:

NjV7OKE.jpg

Last edited:

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
My Vapcap is almost here, the anticipation is killing me. I'm hoping it will arrive on Monday or Tuesday with any luck.

~~~~~~~~~

Not to get too off topic here but there's a small company called Hydrotinamics that makes Titanium bongs. I think they are very pretty pieces that would probably be incredibly strong.

http://www.hydrotinamics.com/shop

3e6225_f74ff39733ab4d038d75e819a8285eea~mv2_d_2536_4054_s_4_2.jpg

Last edited:

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
"This is Beautiful!", was my first reaction. Then I went to the website video and was surprised at how big it is. I would love a beautiful piece of glass to accompany my Vapcap. I want something small but functional, that fits in my hand with soft lines, maybe something colorful.

I know nothing about glass. I've read bits of the water tool threads and they seem to be more focused on dabbling and enails and explosive tokes, which is way beyond my purposes. I think that I would need something with a ground joint to accept and seal to a Ti VonG. How come so many of the beautiful and often colorfull water pipes/bubbles (I don't really even know the diff between these two terms) have curved bowls? Can a Vapcap somehow connect to these less precise creations?

I love the flavor my Vapcap preserves in my weed. Does a water pipe retain, increase or change flavor? Are there basic design elements to look for. Any suggestions for the perfect Vapcap water tool?

I haven't found a piece of glass that enhances flavor. I wish! Some will rob more of your flavor than others. In simple terms, more perc activity and bubbles will tend to rob more of your flavor. But, not too hard to find pieces with simple percs and lose very little. Technique also has impact. Again, in short, simple terms, draw slowly and smoothly to load your bubbler with vapor then clear it however you like to retain the best flavor profiles. IMO, right now, Joda's small bubbler (more below) is proving to be the ultimate piece for me with VC's.

I primarily vape through water unless I'm out and about. Many benefits and few shortfalls other than cost, having to be careful with glass, and a slight bit of flavor loss. Would love to help you out with this since you've been such a great resource about VC's for me and everyone else! I'm not the glass guru that some around here are, but do know a good bit, am also a flavor chaser and think I can help you find what you might want based on size, performance, price, etc.

If you haven't seen it yet, the Cheap, high-quality bubbler?? thread is full of cheap pieces from China. It is huge, moves fast and has both better and not so great pieces for vaping. You can do pretty well if you stick with vendors who have good reps with FC'ers. They are not always perfect, or thick glass, but very inexpensive for what they are (many clones of high quality US glass). Decent glass can be found for as little as $30, and some really nice stuff between there and around $75. Shipping from China can take anywhere from 1 - 6 weeks. Usually running about 2 weeks these days, depending on where you are.

There are nicer pieces for a little more money all the way up into the $1,000's. I really like Joda Glassworks' stuff. He is an FC member (VaPeD&CoNfUsEd) with his own glass thread here. I've been buying adapters from him since he started a few years ago, and he has developed into an awesome blower who regularly offers pieces here and there through his thread. I picked up a nice mini-bubbler from him a couple months ago that I absolutely love, and it pairs very well with a VC! In the pic below, mine is the one with green slime bumps in the lower left corner. He has made hundreds of these. They usually go for between $100 and $200 depending on colors, glass work, etc.

Anyway... drop me an IM if you have any questions or seek any guidance I can help with. Same goes for any of the other regulars here in the thread. Hit me up. Am more than glad to help. So many of you, but especially @Squiby, have been wonderful resources for me on all things DynaVap.

BpDNTdQ.jpg

ShovelHead

Bikes don't leak oil, they mark their territory!
Ok I've been looking at the VapCap for micro dosing and I've found the VapCap & VapCap 2 on PuffItUp.com, what is the difference between the two? I would like to go with the cheaper one for now to see if it's right for me then if it works for me i'll upgrade. Now I found the Original VapCap on DynaVap.com but not the VapCap 2? Why does'nt DynaVap.com carry the VapCap2? Is there something wrong with the Vapcap 2?

ShovelHead,
Reactions: stark1

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
Ok I've been looking at the VapCap for micro dosing and I've found the VapCap & VapCap 2 on PuffItUp.com, what is the difference between the two? I would like to go with the cheaper one for now to see if it's right for me then if it works for me i'll upgrade. Now I found the Original VapCap on DynaVap.com but not the VapCap 2? Why does'nt DynaVap.com carry the VapCap2? Is there something wrong with the Vapcap 2?

Not sure, but looks like what PIU has as the VC2 is just a regular OG style VC with two vent holes instead of one. DynaVap used to sell these (and probably can get you one if you like), but they don't appear to be listed on their website. IMO you probably want the one with one hole anyway. Randy at PIU is awesome and his service can't be beat, but keep in mind he doesn't (can't) offer discounts on DV products. So, your price will be the same with either. But, think you will still get free shipping from PIU.

HEY! Has anyone else noticed that DynaVap page now remembers you when you return? Today was the first time the new site did this for me. Still no previous order info (which will be nice when it's there), but I'm pretty psyched I came in logged in with my cart intact. :tup:

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
Does anybody knows how a ti bubbler tastes?

Nice pieces but dont like large straight ones anymore - dont like a stiff neck ;-)

Best for flavour preservation but to get cool vape is using a dry water tool maybe just with ice for more cooling. Water ever deminishes flavour how much depends on amount of water and used percs. The simpler the percs the better the flavour.

For cheap chinese bubblers I can recommend the stuff of stevenlmz79 on dhgate like a lot of other FC users. Have four pieces from him. All are pretty good proceeded. Never regret my choice. Very nice CS, quick and reliable.

I like to invest a lot for paraphernalia but dont know why to invest in glassware 10x as expansive than good chinese clones. I've had expansive items but its glass. Glass breaks. And everytime when this happened a piece of my heart is breaking too.

natural farmer

Nice pieces but dont like large straight ones anymore - dont like a stiff neck ;-)

Best for flavour preservation but to get cool vape is using a dry water tool maybe just with ice for more cooling. Water ever deminishes flavour how much depends on amount of water and used percs. The simpler the percs the better the flavour.

For cheap chinese bubblers I can recommend the stuff of stevenlmz79 on dhgate like a lot of other FC users. Have four pieces from him. All are pretty good proceeded. Never regret my choice. Very nice CS, quick and reliable.

I like to invest a lot for paraphernalia but dont know why to invest in glassware 10x as expansive than good chinese clones. I've had expansive items but its glass. Glass breaks. And everytime when this happened a piece of my heart is breaking too.
H3Nge8O.jpg

:luv::luv::luv::luv::luv::luv::luv::luv::luv::luv::luv::luv::luv::luv::luv::luv::luv::luv:

Smaller than it looks actually...

uvGot32.jpg

Squiby

I've found the VapCap & VapCap 2 on PuffItUp.com, what is the difference between the two?

The Vapcap has one carb hole in its glass body and the Vapcap 2 has two carbs in its glass body. Other than that, they are identical.

You place your finger over the carb hole(s) or not, to control fresh air intake. Air from the carb travels down the body towards the tip where it makes a 180° turn, creates turbulance and negative pressure and then travels up the condenser tube inside the body as it pulls vapor from the tip with it.

This added air intake can create a cooler soldier vapor. Covering the carb holes create a thicker vapor.

I would like to go with the cheaper one for now to see if it's right for me then if it works for me i'll upgrade.

Both the OG Vapcap and the Vapcap 2 are the same price; $35.

I suggest that if and when you choose to upgrade that you consider a Titanium tipped Vapcap, like a Ti Woody or the Omnivap. They are are far more durable (metal and wood vs glass), have an adjustable bowl size. The Omni has the added feature of a dialed in air flow regulator.

The ti tipped Vapcaps are fully modular meaning that the components are interchangeable. You can switch up bodies, stems, mouthpieces and carbs to come up with your own unique Vapcap. They are the most beautiful portable vaporizers on the market. Here is some info on them.

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/dynavap-vapcap.18853/page-335#post-1051793

Now I found the Original VapCap on DynaVap.com but not the VapCap 2? Why does'nt DynaVap.com carry the VapCap2? Is there something wrong with the Vapcap 2?

I don't think that there is anything wrong with it, but the second carb hole does not seem to be a popular choice and (although I don't have one) I doubt that there is any added performance value in having a second carb.

The double carb holes were introduced in the earlier days of Vapcap evolution

I suspect that they did not sell well and were dropped from the Dynavap lineup when they upgraded their website recently.

Good luck with your Vapcap. The Dynavap line of vaporizers are wonderful performers in a tiny magical package.

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped

Getting a bit off topic here and there are plenty of glass discussion threads. But FWIW, some more expensive water tools are worth it, some not, and that's all very personal IMO. Also has much to do with thickness, function, craftsmanship, art, etc.

To follow your point, I can easily hook up a bubbler of sorts using a water bottle and some scraps of junk I have laying around. Would cost about nothing! But, prefer to spend a few $$ to get what I like for both form and function. Sometimes I spend $30 - $50 on Chinese stuff, and sometimes go over $100 for nicer, "better" glass. Guess what I'm saying is what something is worth, how much someone is willing to spend for it, and such is in the eye of beholder. I will say that with the VC there is nothing I have (from $22 > $300+), that I enjoy as much as my little Joda that cost about $125. No others come close, though most are still very nice unless they have too much volume.

One more thing.... those Ti & SS bongs look sweet! But, IME vapor is much better enjoyed through a small-ish glass piece with controlled, minimal diffusion. To each his own, though. With glass, some enjoy more form and less function, some don't - same as many other things in life.

ShovelHead

Bikes don't leak oil, they mark their territory!
The Vapcap has one carb hole in its glass body and the Vapcap 2 has two carbs in its glass body. Other than that, they are identical.

You place your finger over the carb hole(s) or not, to control fresh air intake. Air from the carb travels down the body towards the tip where it makes a 180° turn, creates turbulance and negative pressure and then travels up the condenser tube inside the body as it pulls vapor from the tip with it.

This added air intake can create a cooler soldier vapor. Covering the carb holes create a thicker vapor.

Both the OG Vapcap and the Vapcap 2 are the same price; $35.

I suggest that if and when you choose to upgrade that you consider a Titanium tipped Vapcap, like a Ti Woody or the Omnivap. They are are far more durable (metal and wood vs glass), have an adjustable bowl size. The Omni has the added feature of a dialed in air flow regulator.

The ti tipped Vapcaps are fully modular meaning that the components are interchangeable. You can switch up bodies, stems, mouthpieces and carbs to come up with your own unique Vapcap. They are the most beautiful portable vaporizers on the market. Here is some info on them.

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/dynavap-vapcap.18853/page-335#post-1051793

I don't think that there is anything wrong with it, but the second carb hole does not seem to be a popular choice and (although I don't have one) I doubt that there is any added performance value in having a second carb.

The double carb holes were introduced in the earlier days of Vapcap evolution

I suspect that they did not sell well and were dropped from the Dynavap lineup when they upgraded their website recently.

Good luck with your Vapcap. The Dynavap line of vaporizers are wonderful performers in a tiny magical package.
Thank You! That's the exact info I was looking for to make my decision. Titanium tipped Vapcap it is.

BigJohnny

Hi everyone I've been enjoying my little og vapcap for a while now!somehow between this and my sticky brick jr are the only vapes i own that really helped me kick combustion!how?i own volcano,mighty,crafty,solo,grasshopper ti,pax1,storm and none of these really stopped me having a joint in the evening!? Anyway I've just broken the outer glass bit on vapcap!:doh:so thinking about upgrading to a ti woody or omni,only problem is I'm in the uk and Vapefiend are out of stock!anyone here bought direct from dynavap who lives in U.K.?any idea of delivery and import duties etc?any help much appreciated :tup:

I ordered mine on Black Friday and received it approx 2 weeks later in the UK. No import tax as Dynavap only put down $15 as the value of the package.

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
Sorry to go crazy here on the thread today. Sometimes I got little time to do more than read and "like", others I camp out here.

Anyway.... There was some discussion some pages back about using old cigarette holders for Ti tips. Interested to know if anyone has been doing this and what their experiences have been.

I picked up a pretty cool bakelite one recently, and the Ti tip fits nearly perfectly - certainly well enough for use. The hardest part was cleaning the nicotine residue out. Fortunately this one hadn't been used too much, so clean up wasn't too bad (though nasty!).

I've only run one load through it and it was nice. No carb (which I kind of like), but could probably be added with some delicate drill work. No nicotine taste or anything like that. I got it like new clean.

My greatest concern is with the bakelite itself. For those who don't know, this is a very old type of plastic (pre-WWII used regularly through 60's) that is made with formaldehyde as part of the process. Any chemist or other science types around here that could say if there is any danger of releasing formaldehyde or other dangerous chemicals with the temps the Ti tip will generate? I know it is a very high temp "plastic" but having trouble finding any reliable info online.

Hoping to pick up a nice pure amber holder when I can. I'm talking real, natural amber. Anyone know of any concerns with this material and Ti tip temps? Think it would be much safer than the bakelite, but not sure.

Many thanks!

Here's a pic of the bakelite holder. It's round on the tip end, then square with corners direct top, bottom, sides, sloping into the cool mouth tip. I love the look and vapor on one load was nice, just worried about any possible offgassing!

mGNR4EV.jpg

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Very nice and so well proceeded!

I have a SS bong myself but dont use it. Taste is to..metallic?
My OCD would get in the way too because I couldn't really tell how clean it was so I would always worry that it wasn't. Give me glass, thanks. :)

Back when I was combusting my glass was always dirty. It would be hard to go back to that now after becoming much more of a taste purist...

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
Oh, it's clean! To check I ran pipe cleaners through it soaked with ISO 91%, grain alcohol, acetone, and hot water. Each came out as super white as they went in. Then, I boiled it in water for about 10 minutes, and ran a dry pipe cleaner through and checked for residue with a 30x magnifier. No nothing, no where!

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
@flotntoke Very nice find, my stance is 'if you feel it's safe then carry on'. My main concerns is with tobacco residue leaving a nasty taste behind. The Bakelite shouldn't get that hot, if you can taste plastic then stop using it.
Amber should be fine and I am also on the hunt for some to re-purpose, @TheVaporist check out Ebay there are usually plenty for sale. Thanks to @Hogni I have been looking on German Ebay and there are some nice ones there. Get in touch if you need any help.
EDIT Also look up Antique Cigar or Cheroot Holder

As an example
http://www.ebay.de/itm/Alte-Zigaret...575315?hash=item237a3b80d3:g:utMAAOSw241YZVJ0

Someone tell me the difference between the new tip and the last is hardly noticeable... please.

I should be able to answer this one in a week or so. I can say, thanks to @herbalist33. that the new old tip is much better for 1st click extraction and flavor all the way thru the bowl.

Modular design Vong Concept, minus the cough at the end @emmdeemo

And a lot of poor focus on some others I've been working on. More info on wood types in the Shed

Last edited:

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
@flotntoke Very nice find, my stance is 'if you feel it's safe then carry on'. My main concerns is with tobacco residue leaving a nasty taste behind. The Bakelite shouldn't get that hot, if you can taste plastic then stop using it.
Amber should be fine and I am also on the hunt for some to re-purpose, @TheVaporist check out Ebay there are usually plenty for sale. Thanks to @Hogni I have been looking on German Ebay and there are some nice ones there. Get in touch if you need any help.

As an example
http://www.ebay.de/itm/Alte-Zigaret...575315?hash=item237a3b80d3:g:utMAAOSw241YZVJ0

I should be able to answer this one in a week or so. I can say, thanks to @herbalist33. that the new old tip is much better for 1st click extraction and flavor all the way thru the bowl.

Modular design Vong Concept, minus the cough at the end @emmdeemo

And a lot of poor focus on some others I've been working on. More info on wood types in the Shed

Thanks @phattpiggie . I'm kind of figuring the same. And one good thing about formaldehyde, it's a very distinctive smell!

And for all... please don't snag my e-bay picks! :D

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
A quick note on 'Amber', there is a lot of fake stuff out there or stuff that is listed as the real thing but the seller may have no idea. I asked someone to check a piece for me. A red hot pin placed on Amber will smell of tree resin, it's lite and it takes an electro static charge.

I posted about Antique Ciggy Holders before, it would be a shame for pieces to sit in drawers and never see the lite of day again. They seem to re-purpose easily enough, and some are stunning.

I think the one I bought as being 'Stone and Gold' may be Mother of Pearl rather than stone and is my next piece to finish and send out.

stark1

Lonesome Planet

Matt can mail you one.

Despite VapCap's known modularity, don't try this:

aVbH8gW.jpg

Mismatched iD/OD

Last edited:

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense

Congrats! I like this thing very, very much. A really pretty piece of Art Deco which fits perfectly with the VC.

If you want to sell it drop me a line please!

Take care of it. Material is very recalcitrant. Nearly like glass. Dont let it fall! Love Bakelit and had a lot of it - and broke a lot of it.

Formaldehyd was only in the first Bakelit mixtures around 1910. First factory of Bakelit was founded 1910 ten km away from here. Later came a lot of other material mixtures. So you dont now what it is. Guess origin of your piece is in the mid/end-twenties. Probably there is another mixture w/o F.

EDIT: For your interest in Bernstein/Amber. I'm actually searching for some old amber cigarette holders in Germany.
Hope I will get some tomorrow. If yes I'll send them to @phattpiggie for overworking. Then there should be at least one available for someone from FC. I will report.

Last edited:

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
A quick note on 'Amber', there is a lot of fake stuff out there or stuff that is listed as the real thing but the seller may have no idea. I asked someone to check a piece for me. A red hot pin placed on Amber will smell of tree resin, it's lite and it takes an electro static charge.

I posted about Antique Ciggy Holders before, it would be a shame for pieces to sit in drawers and never see the lite of day again. They seem to re-purpose easily enough, and some are stunning.

I think the one I bought as being 'Stone and Gold' may be Mother of Pearl rather than stone and is my next piece to finish and send out.

Thanks for all the great comments and info about bakelite!

Apparently, there are a few ways to check authenticity of amber. Hot pin test is one, though I'm anxious to check the salt water test. Will let everyone know how it works out once I get a piece.

Top Bottom