jay87

Can somebody tell me how long one order of hemp from Dynavap lasts? I want to use it in a @Squiby screen sandwich. I need to place an order today (to catch the ti screen sale). And don't know how many orders of hemp to place.

Will one order last me months?

Does the hemp dry out or otherwise go "bad"?

Thanks for your help!!!

I've been making extremely thin screens using the hemp fiber and I think one bag will last me essentially forever.

My first hemp screen I made I used way too much fiber and greatly restricted the draw and even managed to bend a CCD because of the logjam of hemp fiber when I tried to remove the screens :doh:

Since then I've been making super thin hemp screens by taking as close as I can to individual fibers, twisting then into an extremely thin thread then making a small circular design that I sandwich between 2 CCDs.

Filter works great and because I'm using so little hemp fiber the draw is not really affected at all.

I really can't see myself running out of hemp fiber anytime soon and I only ordered one bag.

Alexis

The hemp does 'dry out' after about a week or 2 of daily usage, depending in your usage and temperatures. It eventually turns black and brittle.

It really doesn't take much hemp fiber to make a filter. A rough eyeball estimate is that you could make 20~30 filters from a pack..

Rough estimate - about 15~30 loads through a filter.

According to my rough estimates - a pack can last around 300-900 bowls depending on usage. Calculate according to how OCD you are, how packed your bowls are, how hot you run you bowls, and how many bowls you do a month. Either way, you should get a few months..

YMMV

I have been using the hemp fiber to make a bed on which to drop essential oils to vaporize them in another convection vaporizer. I also use little balls of it tucked under the ccd screen above the condenser.

Im not making proper work of art flat gauzes, but even if I was, one bag of hemp fiber would probably last a year for fairly frequent use, or longer.

Im sure you will get way way nore gauzes than 20-30. It could be in the hundreds, certainly over 100 at the least surely!

Unless my estimates are way off, but Im normally pretty good with stuff like that.
When I was a kid, I helped my nan run a fete stall, andnone year I took a jar of sweets round and collected money from folks who guessed how many sweets were in the jar.

My own guess was 48 sweets, and indeed I was the winner!

stark1

Lonesome Planet
ahahaha its an original bic victim :)

I understand the cycles (i work in a laboratory), however, upon de concenetration of borosilicate how resistant it is... thats why my question. Because of the cap, fire didnt contact direct the "glass"..., so my question was related is really borosicilate or could be an improvement to take some more "pyrex" kind of...?

@Mono it's all good, welcome to the VapCap Family! :wave:

Looks like you could use a Woody. An Omni?

Time to upgrade? :clap:

snamuh

ghost
Is there a noticeable difference between using hemp fiber vs cotton? I added some to my order to experiment. I was never a fan of using cotton so we'll see how it goes!

Got a ti glassy, dynastasher (I know the xl condenser won't fit), and an xl contenser/mp!

I also going to try cutting mesh screens.... i'll (attempt) to put in a ti screen, then a few mesh screens and then another ti screen. Im hoping the mesh will help wick CBD isolate/concentrate and I won't have to use the hemp fiber.

Last edited:

MinnBobber

Is there a noticeable difference between using hemp fiber vs cotton? I added some to my order to experiment. I was never a fan of using cotton so we'll see how it goes!
Hi,
I don't have a VC but use hemp filters in almost all my vapes.
Before degummed hemp, I used cotton. My biggest concern was what was added to the cotton, so moved to organic cotton and then hemp.

I vape the hemp before discarding so feel hemp is much better for that. If you were going to just discard the used filters without vaping them, I'd be ok with organic cotton.

I love thin hemp filters as they trap almost all of the micro cannabis dust materials that get sucked upstream when vaping.
And as a bonus, water bubblers stay much much cleaner without that cannabis dust so the reclaim is much more "pure".
EDIT-and the tiny filters keep the micro dust out of your mouth and throat too, for a better vaping experience

Last edited:

Squiby

an somebody tell me how long one order of hemp from Dynavap lasts? I want to use it in a @Squiby screen sandwich.

It will last you a good portion of your natural life span.

If you are making a round flat disk filter, wound between your fingertips, the amount you see below, cut from the Dynavap Hemp fiber bundle, is very very generous.

The degummed hemp fiber you get for Dynavap is tightly wound. The bundle below has already made 10 or so filters and a six in length of it had already been given away. All that to say, you get a LOT!

5p94pXg.jpg

Does the hemp dry out or otherwise go "bad"
Before using as a filter? No.

Choughed

Oh-mi-gosh, she has finally arrived in the land down under! Scorching hot day, too hot to do much other than play with the new toy. :) I reckon she's absolutely beautiful, exactly what I was hoping for.

5bA1LfX.jpg

8JLkbJY.jpg

BTnVhsT.jpg

Almost too pretty to use! I'm over the moon, thank you Matt and everyone at DynaVap HQ!

Oh, and the PyroVap seemed to go down well with my better half.. which is nice, but I'm kinda distracted right now. ;)

stark1

Lonesome Planet
Oh-mi-gosh, she has finally arrived in the land down under! Scorching hot day, too hot to do much other than play with the new toy. :) I reckon she's absolutely beautiful, exactly what I was hoping for.

5bA1LfX.jpg

8JLkbJY.jpg

BTnVhsT.jpg

Almost too pretty to use! I'm over the moon, thank you Matt and everyone at DynaVap HQ!

Oh, and the PyroVap seemed to go down well with my better half.. which is nice, but I'm kinda distracted right now. ;)

STunning! Special request?

Choughed

STunning! Special request?
She's a full spectrum Omni with an engraved cap. I wanted one the second I saw the pictures posted here by George! This is the first one that Dynavap have made in-house, and I think they've done a great job! The engraving is a picture I found online, took me forever to decide. I wanted something really fun to look at. The whole thing is totally frivolous, but I love it! :)

My next cap will be of a moon.. for the carbon, or the blackwood one I already have. Wow, I have problems!!

beiberhole69

Sexual Maven
HDeS7gf.jpg

After 2 (maybe 3?) configuration changes, 2 of the 4 o-rings are totally shredded. I'm probably doing something wrong, but after 20-30 min fiddling with getting the condenser in without touching the edges near the tip (unsuccessfully), I had to attempt to wedge the tip in. I think that's when the damage occurred. Very uncommon? Is there a trick to the condenser and it's o-rings? Is it not really as functionally modular as advertised?

jimfish4130

HDeS7gf.jpg

After 2 (maybe 3?) configuration changes, 2 of the 4 o-rings are totally shredded. I'm probably doing something wrong, but after 20-30 min fiddling with getting the condenser in without touching the edges near the tip (unsuccessfully), I had to attempt to wedge the tip in. I think that's when the damage occurred. Very uncommon? Is there a trick to the condenser and it's o-rings? Is it not really as functionally modular as advertised?

What type of stem/body are you using it with? The o rings on my 6 month old tip it used with Ti and glass bodies are in great condition, on my new vong I've slightly torn an o ring but after rubbing beeswax on the wood where the tip goes it goes in smoother. Try and gently wiggle and twist the tip in so no o rings get pinched

beiberhole69

Sexual Maven
What type of stem/body are you using it with? The o rings on my 6 month old tip it used with Ti and glass bodies are in great condition, on my new vong I've slightly torn an o ring but after rubbing beeswax on the wood where the tip goes it goes in smoother. Try and gently wiggle and twist the tip in so no o rings get pinched

Cocobolo body 14mm vong. in retrospect i probably should have been more patient with the condenser and it's o-rings. i was a little buzzed, but I just flipped it back again (wanted the thinner side to use as MP side over the weekend with no glass at my GF's) and it wasn't easy and took awhile and got me frustrated, I did eventualy get it where the condenser was centered (didn't think I had the o-rings in the right spot though)... is there a good trick to getting the condensers in and keeping the o-rings in place?

Squiby

is there a good trick to getting the condensers in and keeping the o-rings in place?

Lubrication and a deliberate but gentle twist...

Put a bit of spit on your orings to lubricate them. Slide while twisting the condenser into the body. Do the same with the tip, lubricate the orings, then push/twist the tip into the body and onto the condenser.

To disassemble, grasp the body near the base of the tip with your thumb and forefinger and the tip with the other hand. Your fingers should be touching. Twist gently as you pull the tip from the body.

If an oring slides too far up for your liking, position it lower on the condenser before inserting into the body.

Your Vapcap should assemble as easily as you see it happen on the videos.

LowfiChill

HDeS7gf.jpg

Is that the new widened air path tip? If you have the previous Ti tip as well, is there any noticeable difference? Waiting on mine, and I'm very curious on its performance.

I also had a difficult time with sliding the condenser in myself but only with the 2 wooden bodies I have, though on the Omni, the condenser slid in buttery smooth. Not really sure why, but maybe weather had something to do with it :shrug:

Last edited:
Top Bottom