Does anyone here prefer having no mp over having the mp? If so why?

And also have many of the men here gone for the xls over the s due to finding the s too small for you?

At this stage looking at pulling the trigger on the ti woody s but there's those couple of questions in the back of my mind that i'd like to get some opinions on first.

Thanks !

GrandMaesterOfTheWaesters,
Reactions: We5d

natural farmer

Ti and borosilicate glass havevery different thermal properties.

Wrt to thermal conductivity coefficient; Ti = 19 – 23 (W/m K) while borosilicate glass is 1.14 (W/m K). The Ti will transfer heat and cool down faster than the boro. This goes directly to amount of time heat needs to be applied to reach proper chamber temp and time to cool down which in turn will give a different performance signature in my opinion and experience.

Frankly, this has not caused me any major issues in particular with the Ti. Stop heating on the click and that's that.

My preference for the OG has to do with draw resistance and the very, very high draw resistance on my Ti Woody which may very well be just my particular unit.

I do find, however, that I get better clouds from my OG but both seem to extract equally based on AVB and effect. I just find my OG easier to make dance for me than my Ti. YMMV

However, many people's experience is a bit different and they love their Ti tip VapCaps.

Have you tried using another cap on your Ti? If it sits looser it would have a better airflow...

Chose

@Alexis how do you find the omni compered to the ti woody??
I've just orderd the carbon one. I love my woody it's the best vape I've used in five years of vaping I've only had it for about a month but just wonderd how they compair
Sorry for the poor spelling I'm dyslexic it's a real struggle to write a post
That's why I was a long time lurker on fc before I posted anything I don't understand the concept of punctuation
So some times I get frustrated
Because I now what ime trying to say but I can't do it
It's even harder after a few caps

Alexis

@Alexis how do you find the omni compered to the ti woody??
I've just orderd the carbon one. I love my woody it's the best vape I've used in five years of vaping I've only had it for about a month but just wonderd how they compair
Sorry for the poor spelling I'm dyslexic it's a real struggle to write a post
That's why I was a long time lurker on fc before I posted anything I don't understand the concept of punctuation
So some times I get frustrated
Because I now what ime trying to say but I can't do it
It's even harder after a few caps
I havent actually got a woody, just the Omnivap, and to be honest I am one of the worst for advice on specific devices because my allergies make my life crazy and everything in my life is like a shoe that doesnt fit.
However, its funny you should mention the spelling. I was going to say to you how you are a great example of spelling and punctuation having nothing to do with intelligence or wisdom. I totally respect you man, in terms of the "feel" i have got of you from your posts, and the spelling really isnt a problem for me or anybody else Im sure, we all know exactly what you mean and really appreciate your inputs and downright honesty.

Although, I do often find myself wanting to do some correcctions for you, in a totally friendly and non judgemental way of course, but hey, that isnt even necessary its all just fine as it is,

Better to be real, and mispell, than vice versa!

Last edited:

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
Poor daisy has become little more than a dabber stand in her intake hole. At least she still has some use...

Vapcapping my ass off! ;)

Dynalowrider

Baron23, you're exactly right. That's what I am saying , but I don't over heat . The only time I combust is when I have my head up my ass.
The second you remove the heat the bowl starts losing temp. The idea is to keep the bowl close to vaping temperature . I'm just trying to cut down on the fluctuations in temperature .
I just retired from the computer heat-sink industry. I've been playing with hink-sinks and plating for a while now.

Hoey420

I went on dynavap webstore to look for some spares for my ÒG and TI omnivap got some spares but couldn't find ccd screen at all! I keep the og & omni for back up only cos got other vapes but couldn't help myself with ti woody and 20% + free international shippng.................... ........well back up for the back up i guess:)

Squiby

got some spares but couldn't find ccd screen at all!

When I placed my order on Friday, I added a note to my order for the items I wanted that are not listed on the site yet. One of items I added on were some CCD screens.

Matt will reply to you and will let you know how much money to send as a contribution. Just include the items you want and how many in your notes at checkout.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I have been thinking about what @Baron23 has been saying and I think I understand, but I guess how much the faster (artificial) cool down of the cap matters depends on how much the device uses conduction over convection. I have been under the impression that most of the release of vapor is coming from the air traveling through the load after being heated by traveling past the hot cap (convection). If, instead, the vapor is released by conduction from the bowl actually being heated and that heat transferring to the load than Baron23's view makes more sense. I guess I need to better understand how much of the VapCaps magic is convection and how much is conduction. With conduction the material of the bowl will make a bigger difference, and not so much if it's convection.

Other than the Flowermate (practically unused) most of my other vapes are convection vapes, with the Herbalaire being about half and half.

Last edited:

grokit

well-worn member
Beginning at 12:01 CST Friday and going through midnight Monday we will offer everyone 20% off everything (except custom items)
Argghh it says that the code has expired now!? Already ??
The same thing just happened to me.

It still says,
"USE COUPON CODE.. DYNAVAP ..FOR 20% DISCOUNT."
on the vapcap shopping cart page...
but then...
"This coupon has expired."

:(

grokit,

natural farmer

Just a little heads up for those in (mainland) Europe looking for the fastest (import duty free) way to obtain a VapCap, we're now carrying the VapCap original. Accessories will be up soon as well!

Nice! Pricing is good, shipping is very economic (3€) and in all it comes at 3-4 € cheaper than ordering from the states. :tup:

I hope you stock some new Ti tips, caps, wooden bodies and Dynastashes as well. I will have to cure some VAS soon... :D

Twinaxe

I hope the code will be reactivated for today, Cyber Monday.

I saw my first vaporizer in a local headshop in 1998 or 1999 I guess and always thought about getting one but never did.
Then I stopped smoking completely for several years and still don't smoke cigarettes at all, herbs only every few months.
Last week I finally decided to get me a vaporizer.
I searched online alot and then decided to buy a Focusvape Pro Premium Kit.
I ordered the Focusvape on Friday, then yesterday by accident I read about the VapCap here in the forum and what I read changed my mind almost instantly so I cancelled the order for the Focusvape and went straight to the Dynavap page to buy a VapCap.

I really like the concept and simplicity of the device, no electronics, no batteries, no plastic waste.
Just a small and aesthetic looking device.
Also I like the fact that it's built from a small company of seemingly very nice guys who listen to their customers wishes and suggestions and not only offer a good product but also a superior customer service.
Alone these facts make the VapCap more support worthy compared to a product of a company building high tech plastic devices in China.

On the Dynavap page it first was pretty confusing how all the parts play together and after a little bit back and forth I decided to go full-in with an Omnivap.
And because on the website is stated that it takes few weeks for the Omnivap to be shipped I also put two OGs in my cart for the waiting time so that I can test the Vap stuff already.
When I went to checkout I saw that only payment option is Credit Card so I did not continue but sent a support ticket asking if they also offer PayPal.
I also thought that the coupon will be valid until today.

So dear Dynavap guys @VapCap, if you read this post please show a little bit compassion towards a dude who wants to lose his Vaporizing virginity with your products and re-activate the coupon for today ;)
And if possible please also let me know how to pay with PayPal, somewhere in the thread I read that it's possible.

Edit: I forgot to add because it's slightly off topic but also the community itself seems to be a real feelgood place.
I absolutely enjoy reading here.

Last edited:
Still wondering from men's (and women with large hands i guess?:hmm::|) perspective that have used these whether the woody s is still the ideal one for me to pick over the xls? I like the idea of the more discreet size of the s but wondering if the smaller size is causing any of you to regret getting the smaller one over the xls? Any inputs would be great. Sorry to ask these silly questions but i want to ensure I'm certain that I've chosen the right vapcap when they hopefully re-activate the coupon !

GrandMaesterOfTheWaesters,
Reactions: Mr. Me2

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
Sorry @GrandMaesterOfTheWaesters I meant to answer the first time you mentioned it.
I started with a Glassy and found it was a bit on the short side for my liking. I then went on to make myself a longer stem and have kept it that way.
If it doesn't add too much to your final bill then buy the S and see if you can add the XLS stuff. That way, if it's not too expensive, you can try both. Modular design you can't beat it.

On the subject of forcing the cool click. I always try and soak some heat out of the cap. I've also found that waiting seems to cool the tip too much for my liking.

Since I got my first VC at the beginning of the year I've experimented with various heating techniques.
If I want a longer tasty bowl I'll run my triple with 2 flames on the cap with the 3rd running up the bottom of the cap this makes the hot click come quicker. I can get multiple flavor filled heat cycles.
I've also added a short burst of heat before the cool click. Just enough to bring the temp back up again.

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
@Stevenski thanks for the advice bro, sorry to sound stupid but what website is that through? I'm guessing not PIU ay? And will customs be no worries?

Edit: Sorry i just realised straight from the dynavap website

Sorry, I assumed you knew I was referring to buy direct. No idea on Kiwi customs I am afraid but it arrives in a small padded envelope. A Ti would look less suspicious than a OG that does look like a fancy crack pipe. In Oz I did not get any fees & my orders were under $150US. Hopefully it is just a glitch with the discount as I read midnight Monday as around 19 hours from now.

On the subject of forcing the cool click. I always try and soak some heat out of the cap. I've also found that waiting seems to cool the tip too much for my liking.

Blowing on the cap I find brings the cooling click quickly, yet retains heat in the tip. Sometimes I will run a cycle & quickly cool it to do an instant reheat. Doing this is delivering some of the heaviest hits I have ever taken.

gkaraman

Does anybody knows until when the coupon for black friday exists and why says it has expired?

gkaraman,
Top Bottom