SuperLuigi

I think that the vapcaps are all worth their original asking price anyway....

Sale or no sale, still worth a buy...

Not disagreeing, but knowing that it was 20% of 24 hours ago with free shipping is just a hard pill to swallow. Either way, looks like the coupon is working again!

Now back to deciding if I want the TI woody or anything else. I'm probably going to get the cheapest "unbreakable" and thats what im leaning towards.

SuperLuigi,
Reactions: Squiby

Chose

V
Great news everybody. I have had a reply from Matt after I emailed him explaining how we in the UK have all miscalculated what our order totals need to be in order to avoid customs fees, and how the $20 total we were sticking to, was actually over the £15 VAT threshold.

Now read between the lines because I wont spell things out, but Matt has made some changes to the product line so that we will now be able to order the same products, at a cheaper rate so that our order totals can be kept to $15 if we wish.

This is due to them reducing the prices so that the products we have been paying $20 for will now be a bit less, so that we incur no import fees.

How brilliant is that? It just shows that if you dont ask you dont get. I felt it was the right thing to do to send the email. Now the UK dwellers can selectively choose a basket to keep below VAT threshold (with these product discounts). So no deterrent from going direct to Dynavap, but hopefuly Vapefiend, and now Vaposhop too, will soon have a wider array of Dynavap products, so plenty of options to come!

If you get me! ;)
very nice for us ukers
And I new he would resolve the glitch
Top man George is:tup:

Chose,
Reactions: Alexis

Squiby

I'm probably going to get the cheapest "unbreakable" and thats what im leaning towards.

The least expensive Ti Tipped models are the Ti Woody with either the Cocobolo or Blackwood stem at $80. Or the Ti VonG Cocobolo or Blackwood at $85.

The VonG has a much thicker wood stem so it would be tougher than the regular Woody.

I forgot, will the OmniVap fit in the regular DynaStash or do you need the XL?

The Omnivap fits the regular Dynastash/ER

The models that can only fit into the XL Dynastash/ER are the 4.25 inch XLS models such as the:

Ti Woody XLS. Has an XL Condenser and wood mouthpiece.

Ti VonG XLS. Has an XL Condenser and wood mouthpiece.

Omnivap XLS. But it may be a custom order at this point.

Last edited:

Chose

So if you order from the uk do you still have to pay £8 handling fee to Royal Mail
Or do you only pay this if tax is added
Do you have to pick it up from your local depot or does posty bring it to your door???

Chose,

Squiby

So if you order from the uk do you still have to pay £8 handling fee to Royal Mail
Do you have to pick it up from your local depot or does posty bring it to your door???

I don't know anything about the UK postal system, but in Canada, the Dynavap package that arrives from the state's is handled just like any other parcel. I don't have home delivery because I live in a remote rural area. So, I pick up my packages and all other mail from the PO in the nearest village.

If you have home mail delivery, the postman will likely bring it to your home.

I think the handling fees apply to parcels that have customs charges applied.

Last edited:

Baron23

Have you tried using another cap on your Ti? If it sits looser it would have a better airflow...
I believe so but I do have a few other caps and will try again more rigorously to see if one of them will improve the situation a bit. Thanks for reminding me! :tup:

Baron23, you're exactly right. That's what I am saying , but I don't over heat . The only time I combust is when I have my head up my ass.
The second you remove the heat the bowl starts losing temp. The idea is to keep the bowl close to vaping temperature . I'm just trying to cut down on the fluctuations in temperature .
I just retired from the computer heat-sink industry. I've been playing with hink-sinks and plating for a while now.
Thanks, @Dynalowrider! Glad for the confirmation I was right in theory but that in practice this technique doesn't cause chamber overheat issues.

I have been thinking about what @Baron23 has been saying and I think I understand, but I guess how much the faster (artificial) cool down of the cap matters depends on how much the device uses conduction over convection. I have been under the impression that most of the release of vapor is coming from the air traveling through the load after being heated by traveling past the hot cap (convection). If, instead, the vapor is released by conduction from the bowl actually being heated and that heat transferring to the load than Baron23's view makes more sense. I guess I need to better understand how much of the VapCaps magic is convection and how much is conduction. With conduction the material of the bowl will make a bigger difference, and not so much if it's convection.

Other than the Flowermate (practically unused) most of my other vapes are convection vapes, with the Herbalaire being about half and half.

Wow, I have rather thought the VapCap to be almost all conduction (which doesn't deserve the disrespect it often gets compared to pure convection). But I don't really know that for certain. But you are right, my musing was indeed based on it being a conduction device.

What cleaning solution can i use for that? 70% alcohol didnt do the trick.

Get some 97% or higher ISO and use that. Soak in ISO. Then take ISO damp q-tip and/or pipe cleaner to clean it out a bit (especially the condenser). Easy Peasy.

Last edited:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I have to admit I have only read a couple hundred of the almost 350 pages in this thread (I tend not to read in here too often when not in the market due to VAS attacks), so I may have missed a discussion about the relative contribution of conduction vs convection in the various VapCaps. I've only been able to apply my own logic.

Any thermodynamic guys/gals out there? Has George ever weighed in on this?

Not that it matters, of course. What matters is that it WORKS, and WORKS WELL. :rockon:

marduk

daydreamer
Anyone have both a regular Dynastash and Dynastash ER? How deep and wide is the herb compartment on the regular model, and does the hole for the jar in the ER model make it so the internal herb compartment has to be not as deep as the compartment in the regular model?

marduk,
Reactions: Squiby

nickdanger

Collector of Functional Art
Anyone have both a regular Dynastash and Dynastash ER? How deep and wide is the herb compartment on the regular model, and does the hole for the jar in the ER model make it so the internal herb compartment has to be not as deep as the compartment in the regular model?
I have the ER. The herb compartment is approx 57mm deep and 12 x 18mm (approx - not round and hard to measure the longer dimension) diameter.

Jethro

My Vapcap OG broke over the holiday weekend! FUCK! And Puffitup is out of stock on the OG. And I have to put my dog down this week. Can this week get any worse? Fuck.

Jethro,
Reactions: stark1

Alexis

Yes the £8 handling fee is what our ungreedy government (you can probably tell how much I love the bastards (NOT!)) charges us for getting out a calculator to take our money.
But I suppose they have to cover the cost of the batteries somehow!

Anyway, it is only applicable when VAT or import tax is added. VAT is added at values over £15, and import duties I believe is about £135, (but may not always be applied, though Im not sure how that works).

So if the value is below £15, no VAT is charged, and hence, no handling fee as no paperwork (or robbing) is done.

Similarly, if the value is over £15 but it slips through the net, then again no handling charge will be applied.

So basically, thanks to my email to Matt, I have already saved myself £11 extra costs on my new Ti tip. And hopefully the same for everybody esle as well.

Cheques are payable to... just messing. More credit for your next Dynavap order.
So now my new tip has cost me just $32.

Thank you so, so much to Matt and George and co for being such top guys and doing so much to make everybody happy!

Oh yeah, as Squiby says, they will just deliver it to your door, unles you are out, in which case you will get a card to go and collect it, but no fees to pay.

Mr. Me2

My Vapcap OG broke over the holiday weekend! FUCK! And Puffitup is out of stock on the OG. And I have to put my dog down this week. Can this week get any worse? Fuck.
SO SORRY to hear about your dog! That's the worst!!!

Are you gonna replace your OG direct from dynavap and get the discount and free shipping? It won't make up for your impending loss, but,...

Again, and in all seriousness, so sorry!

Shannock

I think the compartment is the same size, I would guess that they just cut the extra hole for the silicone tub from the same blank, my original Stash has the hole for the ER dab tool so I use it for my own bamboo pokie stick.

lvvoTWW.jpg

:peace:

marduk

daydreamer
Remember you don't want it too deep to easily twist load the vapcap...

Yes... what I was thinking of was having 3 or 4 preloaded tips inside the compartment so I could quickly switch out used tips without having to mess with any loose herb on the go.

I have the ER. The herb compartment is approx 57mm deep and 12 x 18mm (approx - not round and hard to measure the longer dimension) diameter.

Thanks, seems like I'd have to go the custom route for what I want. A simple triple-garage should do it, I guess.

Alexis

@Jethro , I also am so sorry you will be losing your dog. We had our injured greyhound Bea put down in June, at 13 years old. It never gets easier. I think I know how you must feel. Time really is a great healer, but I sincerely hope it is not under the worst circumstances and goes as smoothly as possible so your dog, yourself and family dont have to suffer any more than necessary.

We kind of knew Bea only had a matter of time as we suspected a hip tumor, which we kept at bay with CBD oil, but it was always likely to be an eventuality.

When we finally made the decision it was time because it was getting harder for her to use her back legs, it actually went surprisingly smoothly, much better than expected, and she didnt suffer at all in the process. It was very quick. I pray that the procedure goes as well as possible for you and that you can soon find peace.

Top Bottom