nickdanger

Collector of Functional Art
I've watched the 2 videos above that George posted. Is the CCD screen only in the OG and the ceramic in the Omni? That's how mine are (as shown in the videos) but I was confused several pages back on this thread about the different screens and if they are interchangeable.

Sand

Flirting with Combustion
I've watched the 2 videos above that George posted. Is the CCD screen only in the OG and the ceramic in the Omni? That's how mine are (as shown in the videos) but I was confused several pages back on this thread about the different screens and if they are interchangeable.
That is how both models come stock. OG:CCD, Ti:Ceramic. The OG originally came with ceramic as well (and 2 circlips as opposed to Ti's one). You CAN, and I think this is what you may have read, still put a CCD in a Ti, or a ceramic in an OG. The thing is, if you put a ccd in a Ti tip, it still won't have as open airflow because of the design of the tip's oven/heat sink area. You also need a circlip to install Ceramic in Ti, whereas CCD in OG needs only itself and the groove in the glass.

To quote George, "I hope this helps".

Edmond Dantes

420 Bern it
So I posted a few pictures a while back of my homemade stem and some steps or something. anyway, I made another one. this time with a mouth piece and two different sized hole.
MXwvi9E.jpg

Et9Jsj0.jpg

http://imgur.com/a/88lpr

downside of it is the hole is one way (because of the smaller hole for the mp bit). so the big oring had to be taken out, but the smaller one is tight enough to take its place without any wiggle.

Bad Ocelot

very interesting device. I've been reading through the thread a good bit and it seems like the design would be better for higher temp vaping of things like bubble hash and kief. I have an ascent and a crafty, both of which are great for flowers, but not so much hash or kief. I was considering getting the high temp lotus with the ashcatcher and J-hook for this application but it looks like the vapcap might be a cheaper yet equally effective solution.

Do any of you regularly use it for bubble or similar not-full-melt hashes?

Bad Ocelot,

Squiby

very interesting device. I've been reading through the thread a good bit and it seems like the design would be better for higher temp vaping of things like bubble hash and kief. I have an ascent and a crafty, both of which are great for flowers, but not so much hash or kief. I was considering getting the high temp lotus with the ashcatcher and J-hook for this application but it looks like the vapcap might be a cheaper yet equally effective solution.

Do any of you regularly use it for bubble or similar not-full-melt hashes?

The Lotus is a great vape but the Vapcap is smaller and offers a cooler, smoother vapour IMO. It is great for flowers, hash, wax, shatter etc.

The Vapcap also has a more relaxed ritual. Heat till you hear the clicking cap, then toke as opposed to the Lotus heat while toking approach.

The cap clicks when it comes to vaping temps and the temp is determined by how high or low you apply heat to the cap. Heat lower down for your high temps and closer to the tip for cooler temps.

You can use herb or degummed hemp fiber as a bed if you wish. For hash, I just take a bit and flatten it between my fingers into a thin pancake, pop it in and away I go. Easy peasy and very effective, very enjoyable.

Last edited:

stark1

Lonesome Planet
Would someone with a bit more savvy, please explain the (thermo) dynamics of the mysterious cap?

Is it a bi-metallic, or single, disc which expands, and contracts as it heats, and cools; and is it the
CLICK! caused by the expansion/contraction phenom? :hmm: Much like a hand clicker?

PS I'd hate to search and destroy my only VC cap.....
PPS Thanks all 4YR expansion, and contraction, of the subject! Click.
PPPS Ahhh, so there is ONE effective temperature when the click occurs;and, as it returns to ambient temp, it contracts? ONE temp, for differing matter.....?

Last edited:

Baron23

Would someone with a bit more savvy, please explain the (thermo) dynamics of the mysterious cap?

Is it a bi-metallic, or single, disc which expands, and contracts as it heats, and cools; and is it the
CLICK! caused by the expansion/contraction phenom? :hmm: Much like a hand clicker?

I don't know but I always assumed it worked via bi-metallic expansion/contraction.

Go aheah...take one apart in the name of science and your buddies on FC LOL

Squiby

There is a disc encased in the tip of the cap. You can hear it if you shake the cap. I imagine that the disc buckles when heat is applied causing a click.

It was mentioned just lately that Matt made reference to a built in redundancy in the cap. Maybe there are two discs?

Anyway, here is a possible explanation of the mechanics behind the click.

if I had to guess it would be the metal popping when it comes to temp. Kind of like how a turn signal works. The bi-metallic contact in the relay closes to turn on the light then when it becomes hot it clicks and breaks contact. Then rapidly cools to make contact again and so on. Just a guess, but I think that Is the basic principal here.

The real explanation of course is that the cap is magic. :whoa:

Last edited:

nickdanger

Collector of Functional Art
OMG, I finally got to play with the VapCap OG and Omni that I received on Friday before the Labor Day weekend. I ended up having company/family come in town that weekend, and then had to travel out of state for some family estate sale business this week, so wasn’t able to try them out. Glad to be home! I knew I could only play with one at a time, so I filled up the OG and went for it. Man, does that thing pack a punch! For something so small, it is extremely powerful. And fun! I concur with many of the posters above – George is a genius! Now that I’m back for awhile, I’ll have more time to play. This will be a great weekend.

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
The real explanation of course is that the cap is magic. :whoa:
BY EMILY DICKINSON
“Faith” is a fine invention
For Gentlemen who see!
But Microscopes are prudent
In an Emergency!

Arthur C. Clarke said it best:

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

That's why George is often referred to as a wizard around here.

I had a minor problem with my recent order and I received a fast reply from Matt during the holiday weekend. The customer service is just as good as the products are, which is pretty fucking great!

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
Greetings all! Wish I could play catchup on all the developments in this thread but hot damn it moves too fast to keep up with everything!

Anyway, due to the wild success of the leather grasshopper cases. I finally convinced my friend to make a Vapcap/Doob-Tube. I wanted to get some feedback from y'all before I ordered a batch of them

JbM5stk.jpg

QXWlkhY.jpg

Questions, comments? Suggestions? I'm all ears (feel free to PM me if you want to discuss in detail)

Kalessin

Greetings all! Wish I could play catchup on all the developments in this thread but hot damn it moves too fast to keep up with everything!

Anyway, due to the wild success of the leather grasshopper cases. I finally convinced my friend to make a Vapcap/Doob-Tube. I wanted to get some feedback from y'all before I ordered a batch of them

JbM5stk.jpg

QXWlkhY.jpg

Questions, comments? Suggestions? I'm all ears (feel free to PM me if you want to discuss in detail)
Ooh, like. My only wanted addition would be a small tool slot inbetween the doob pockets

Baron23

JbM5stk.jpg

QXWlkhY.jpg

Need a place for a pocket torch...that and a place for the Delta 3D scoop/poker. just my 2 cents :-)

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
Need a place for a pocket torch...that and a place for the Delta 3D scoop/poker. just my 2 cents :-)
While I like the idea of a place for a torch, the different shapes and sizes of all the disparate torch types out there make me feel like trying to make a well fitted pouch for lighters would be pretty difficult..

That was my thoughts exactly on the torch - I'm trying to keep this case on the small side so it still fits comfortably in the pocket.

Last edited by a moderator:

syrupy

Authorized Buyer
Two questions...

What's the average turnaround time between placing an order and it shipping?

Any decent torches that can be recommended from a US outlet? I have a few of the torches @OF mentioned ordered, but they're on a slow boat from Asia...

poutine

Two questions...

Any decent torches that can be recommended from a US outlet? I have a few of the torches @OF mentioned ordered, but they're on a slow boat from Asia...

I ordered on June 28th/July 2nd and delivery was about 3.5 weeks later (late Aug). I just bought a bunch of torches (couple at a local head shop when my triple torch from Dynavap died) and got this one off ebay that I really like http://www.ebay.com/itm/330938031846?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT. Seems to very well-made and delivery only took about 4 days from the west coast to the east coast.

Kalessin

Two questions...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ZJF9CIC/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I just bought this double. Haven't had but a day with it so far, but it seems nice. It feels solid, the tank is made of glass, first I've ever seen with such. Seems like heavy glass but might not stand up to being dropped. Holds a ton of fluid though

Edit: after a closer look, I don't think it is glass, just a very glass-esque plastic...

Top Bottom