Baron23

@Baron23 and @Vapor_Eyes I wouldn't say the glass is better than the Ti, perhaps just different.
With different heating techniques I can run multiple click tasty lite vapor bowls or thick cloudy single/double click sit you down WTF bowls in both.
I was using one of the ti screens discovered on here with a regular pipe screen cut over it to avoid smaller particles, and the CCD seems a big improvement over that. Plus so much less bother. And it's so neat looking
Yes indeed! I have been asking George where the Ti diffuser was for the Ti series and he last said he was working on how to secure it in place???

I like the OG's Ti diffuser design very much and hope to be able to retrofit my Ti Woody with it when available.

Ohhhh . . . forgot to mention, the instructions said to use a coarse grind. My Santa Cruz Shredder proved to be perfect. No bits came through the screen so I had a clean experience. I can see how stuffing a solid piece will work also but I like being able to open up my shredder and do the "twist" and load bowl.
Oh boy, I have used everything from New Vape Fine Grinder herb to hand torn and have not had a problem with either. I think I get a bit better taste from hand torn as it extracts just a bit more slowly than fine grind, but both have worked well for me.

Cheers

syrupy

Authorized Buyer
Great observation! I think that there is some good reasoning behind this. The double crown adds a metal collar at the mp end of the Woody and that crown protects the body from wood on wood wear and tear. Because the Woody S has a mp, it comes with the double crown.

The Woody has the option of a mp (with XL condenser) or not. So the double crown is optional. Basically, aesthetics, do you like the look of it and do you want the extra protection the second crown provides.

Are you saying that ordering a Woody with a mp automatically makes it need an XL condenser, or that the XL is an option?

I wish the DV web site was a little more clear. The Woody Ti Stem page also lists a $15 upgrade to make it an XLS, but there's not an option for that in the dropdown menus. Also, from the pictures, it looks like the exotic mouthpiece comes in opposing colors to the body? Example: dark body/light-colored mp or light body/dark mp? Is there even a picture of what the "standard wood" mp looks like? That one page on the site is confusing.

I realize a person could just email them for a price on what components they want, but their site could really use a chart or FAQ that lists the options better.

syrupy

Authorized Buyer
@syrupy

Seems they could use a dedicated webmaster.

Why they haven't contacted @Squiby yet is beyond me. They could use an organizationally-minded person. The web site is fine, but the information is scattershot.

I see this with other vape companies too. They get so into making cool-sounding models... XLS, Signature Series, XL, Classic, Basic, etc... that they can forget to be concise and clear. Every part they sell should have a listing of what models it works with, which parts are interchangeable. Like a vape version of the Garanimals concept.

I appreciate the modular approach, but without this thread, I probably would pass on buying anything past an OG.

Last edited:

FreddieFresh

Well, it isn't what you asked for, but it's what I've got!:
jlP1SCN.jpg

Please note that although I drew this, and have permission to post it here, the image belongs to George @VapCap

I realize there aren't any dimensions on the drawings, but at least you can see which stems and condensers go together.

If anyone spots any errors please alert me and anyone else who I may have misled!

Found this quite helpful

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
Maybe I just got lucky, but mine popped into place solidly, I'm not worried about it going anywhere based on the amount of prodding I did.

I fitted one tonight and it would seem no luck in it, they do need a good push into the Ti bowl but it seems nice and snug and at the moment I have no worries about it falling out.
It looks bowl shaped rather than flat and I think this is allowing the thin disc's edge to dig in to the tip. Same kind of principle as a starlock washer.

@Ruta's had one in his Ti since he received the first lot @VapCap sent over and another in his OG style body I made up for him. Thanks George another well executed piece of engineering.

Ruta has some more if anyone else is after one.

Squiby

Are you saying that ordering a Woody with a mp automatically makes it need an XL condenser, or that the XL is an option?

The regular Woody (with a 62mm stem) and the Woody S (with the 45mm body and 17mm mp) are both 3.5 inches long. They both use the same regular length condenser. If you add a mp to the regular Woody it needs the extra length of the XL condenser to accommodate the mp, thereby automatically becoming a Ti Woody XLS. The condenser ties the VC together and runs the length of the VC from the mp (where applicable) and midsection into the tip.

If you order a Ti Woody (stem) and choose a mp in the drop down options, the price is adjusted to account for the mp and automatically includes the XL condenser. It may not be totally clear, but it does mention this in the description.

I wish the DV web site was a little more clear. The Woody Ti Stem page also lists a $15 upgrade to make it an XLS, but there's not an option for that in the dropdown menus. Also, from the pictures, it looks like the exotic mouthpiece comes in opposing colors to the body? Example: dark body/light-colored mp or light body/dark mp? Is there even a picture of what the "standard wood" mp looks like? That one page on the site is confusing.

If you choose a mp with your Ti Woody, you are ordering a Ti Woody XLS and the price adjusts from $80 to $95. I think the confusion may be that the drop downs do not explicitly describe this.

The standard mp options are the same as the standard stems, Cocobolo and Blackwood. If you choose and exotic mp, they will contact you before filling your order to determine what you want and the wood choices available. Examples of exotic mps are, Burl, Bloodwood, Purple Heart etc.

The pics below are of the Ti Woody S, but they give you a visual of the standard Cocobolo and Blackwood mps.

Blackwood

Cocobolo

I realize a person could just email them for a price on what components they want, but their site could really use a chart or FAQ that lists the options better.

Yes. The website is slowly improving. I think the popularity of the VC has exceeded their ability to keep up with manufacturing (which seems to improved a lot just recently) and the website design.

Matt at Dynavap is very good at contacting you before filling an order to confirm that you are going to get what you want. I'm not sure if they do this with every order but they have contacted me before filling both of my orders.

I just wanna order a black and white ebony dynastash. Is that even possible?
:argh:

Quite possibly. I saw pics of a Black and White Ebony Dynastash several pages back. Contact them with your request.

Edit: here are pics of @buckhakeesah black and white ebony Ti VonG stem and stash.

8vojf9.jpg

281ehl0.jpg

Last edited:

syrupy

Authorized Buyer
^^ Great, now I feel informed enough to place a 2nd order. You're right, it does change the price with the options. I missed that it was the $15 for XLS because it doesn't show the total price until all the options are selected. Makes sense now.

I was playing with getting a Ti Woody and adding a mouthpiece, and didn't realize that makes it an XLS. I want to keep the length the similar as the OG to use the same dynastash.

Looks like it's a Ti Woody S (S is for Shorty?) with the standard mouthpiece, for the matching visual. Thanks for the help. It saved me from ordering an XLS with a regular dynastash. :doh:

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
What woudl be cool is if @VapCap had a "build your own" model where you start with the Ti tip & cap & select what you need. From there George could have combo discounts to incentivise people to purchase a package deal. Something like this

Combo #1 was $XYZ you pay $ABC

1 x OG Vapcap
1 x trip torch
1 x replacement condenser
1 x replacement screen

Combo # 2

1 x OG Vapcap
1 x XL condenser & mouthpiece
1 x trip torch
1 x replacement screens

Combo # 3

1 x standard length Ti Vapcap
1 x trip torch
1 x replacement O rings
1 x replacement screen

optional: 1 x Dynastash to suit above model

Combo # 4

1 x short length Ti Vapcap
1 x trip torch
1 x replacement O rings
1 x replacement screen

Combo # 5

1 x standard length Ti Vapcap VonG
1 x trip torch
1 x replacement O rings
1 x replacement screen

Combo # 6

1 x short length Ti Vapcap VonG
1 x trip torch
1 x replacement O rings
1 x replacement screen

That way it would keep things very clear for the average punter to make an easy decision & would help anyone wanting to but one as a gift. Think of it as being like fast food combos where you save a small amount & get all you need in one easy to understand transaction supported by a picture of the package.

That would eliminate a lot of the same questions I see over & over plus would increase sales on the site as I am sure some have been lost due to confusion. The great thing about George is he listens to his customers & wants the client experience to be as positive as possible.

I could just be fucking nuts of course but if it works for McDonalds it will work for Dynavap.

syrupy

Authorized Buyer
That's a good idea. Also, having a graphic similar to the drawing posted above, showing the different condenser and body lengths would help with visualization. So as I select different options in the drop downs, it highlights the corresponding part of the drawing. If I select a Ti Woody, and add a mouthpiece, it automatically selects the part of the drawing labelled XLS.

VapCap

Manufacturer
Interesting things on the horizon.

First off. The high speed laser I ordered a while ago is finished and finally shipped and is on the way to the VapLab. This is pretty exciting for me. I hope it will be a significant step in the right direction for production as well as giving me the capability for a whole new level of accuracy in our laser engraving.

Next is the show. The whole company is going to Imts. This is one of the biggest manufacturing trade shows in the world. It is so big they only do it every other year in Chicago. We will be on the look out for any new ideas or technology just waiting to be incorporated into the next generation VapCap or other device.
I see more CNC in our future.

And we also have a few prototype multiwood dynastash models.

What do you think?

IMG_20160907_182636498_zpsz7jpnvds_edit_1473305753286_zps2gp8us9n.jpg

The one in the middle is one of my favorites. It is black palm. Rather hard, and a very interesting grain. The other two are wenge or bubinga with black and white ebony.

Cheers,

George

VaporChase

Whatever happens, the website does need modification. I can't say anything that hasn't already been said. This thread and a few key posts from Squiby and other members did a lot to answer my questions and clear up confusion.

I don't have one yet (placed an order last night), but it seems like people love their dynavap products. Looking at the bright side, if I had to pick I'd rather have a quality item that functions well with a website somewhat behind, as opposed to an excellent website that sells average to sub-par items. Of course, all of us would like to have the best of both, but it is what it is at the moment.

ftcs123

How do you insert the ceramic screen and clip in the omnivap? I'm driving myself crazy trying to get that clip in.

Are there some better options than this?

ftcs123,

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
The website is fine @VaporChase & is a significant improvement over the original one. There are certainly some enhancements that could be made but the VonG order page is close to perfect & extremely clear to me.

http://www.dynavap.com/product/ti-vong-stem/

If anything I would like to see the other VonG pages go as it can all be done from the one page with drop downs. Having separate Burl, B&W Ebony & standard VonG pages just confuses the issue but the one I linked is really easy to understand. Do the same for the Ti woody & explicitly state on each Dynastash page what configurations will be suitable for the stash. Trust me, you will be blown away once you receive your delivery.

How do you insert the ceramic screen and clip in the omnivap? I'm driving myself crazy trying to get that clip in.

I use a small dowel rod to seat the screen & then to drive home the C clip. Sometimes I use a pointed item like the SSV stir stick to push one side of the clip in but a little piece of dowel that fits inside the chamber will be a gift that keeps giving.

vapen00b

Many vapes & accessories. Always happy to help

If you have the Omni, just unscrew the mouthpiece and use it to push the c-clip in place (the end with the threads, not the actual mouthpiece end). Works perfectly and safely, just be careful not to ram it in there.
Let me know, if you need further help - but I'm sure, it should be easy for you.

Love and peace

twix

The enthusiasm here almost wins me over to buy a woodyS. What's holding me back is the torch. Suffering from slight minimalistic tendencies, I have no wish to exchange a charger for a butane can. After wading through (almost) all the comments here and on Reddit, the jury is still out on the lighter issue. Seems that you can use an ordinary lighter, but that it has more drawbacks than anything else, like:

- soot (don't like to damage my goods, but if it can be cleaned, no prob here)
- longer heating times (neutral about that)
- less clouds/ diminished high (I don't care about the clouds, but I do care about the high)
- useless outdoors (indoor user here, but just out of curiosity, anyone here who used it over a campfire?)

Are there more disadvantages using a bic you guys know of?

A second issue I was wondering is the following:
Before I vaped, I liked to use my one hitter cig. To my surprise, that little one hitter gave me the best high compared to a joint or even a pipe or bubbler. Like a short but intense spike, in contrast to the slower building up high that seems to top off lower when smoking a j (hope my bad english makes sense). Probably because you almost extract everything in one take, when using a one hitter, while you take little puffs with a pipe, allowing your receptors to adapt (and thus levelling off on a lower high)

Does anyone of you guys have a comparable experience with the Vapcap, compared to bigger portable vapes like the Pax? I mean, you almost extract everything in one pull, while a Pax session is much longer and the user gradually selects a higher temp?

In the end, if you guys can confirm that in the end, the effect (high, I'm a recreational user) is the same using a torch or a lighter, it could be that a little woody will become my Christmas gift to myself ...

Dynalowrider

After doing a cleaning my Omni, (pull the screen flame the ceramic screen for cleaning), I used Vapen00b method to replace it. Then a wire-pick stick to seat the c-clip. If the mouth end of the mouthpiece was the size of the inside of the Ty-tip bowl it would facilitate installing the screen and clip.
The Omni mouthpiece would be a good one to do this.
Remember the Proto-pipe? All the parts had more than one purpose. The VapCap, the purpose has more parts. Doc

farscaper

The enthusiasm here almost wins me over to buy a woodyS. What's holding me back is the torch. Suffering from slight minimalistic tendencies, I have no wish to exchange a charger for a butane can. After wading through (almost) all the comments here and on Reddit, the jury is still out on the lighter issue. Seems that you can use an ordinary lighter, but that it has more drawbacks than anything else, like:

- less clouds/ diminished high (I don't care about the clouds, but I do care about the high)
- useless outdoors (indoor user here, but just out of curiosity, anyone here who used it over a campfire?)

A second issue I was wondering is the following:
Before I vaped, I liked to use my one hitter cig. To my surprise, that little one hitter gave me the best high compared to a joint or even a pipe or bubbler. Like a short but intense spike, in contrast to the slower building up high that seems to top off lower when smoking a j (hope my bad english makes sense). Probably because you almost extract everything in one take, when using a one hitter, while you take little puffs with a pipe, allowing your receptors to adapt (and thus levelling off on a lower high)

Does anyone of you guys have a comparable experience with the Vapcap, compared to bigger portable vapes like the Pax? I mean, you almost extract everything in one pull, while a Pax session is much longer and the user gradually selects a higher temp?

In the end, if you guys can confirm that in the end, the effect (high, I'm a recreational user) is the same using a torch or a lighter, it could be that a little woody will become my Christmas gift to myself ...
I find the effects I get from my OG to be very comparable to when I used a one hitter. I, like you always preferred a one hit to a job or larger bowl.

The vapecap I used most often previous to the vapcap was an Arizer Air and even with itsome short bowl took at least one session to finish for me. Like 7 min I think. With the vapcap I can choose a slow long session and take little puffs like I would from a cigarette or just or a hitter or I can take a big rip or two and finish the bowl in one or two hits for a fast onset buzz. That's the real beauty of the cap is its versatility.

As for using a (bic) lighter as opposed to a torch.... I've done both. It takes longer to get higher temp standard with a bic but it is achievable. There will be soot... but it seems to wipe off fine with a cloth or finger. I just prefer a torch cause it does keep the cap cleaner, it also heats faster... and in wind. And really when u think about it... when you buy a bic you buy a little bit of butane... the cost difference may be moot when you compare the length of time it takes to heat with a lighter instead of a pocket torch. I like the triple flame vapcap sells. It works good and you can clearly see the fuel level.

Will a bic lighter work?
Yes
As well as a torch?
No
:2c:

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
What's holding me back is the torch. Suffering from slight minimalistic tendencies, I have no wish to exchange a charger for a butane can. After wading through (almost) all the comments here and on Reddit, the jury is still out on the lighter issue. Seems that you can use an ordinary lighter, but that it has more drawbacks than anything else, like:

Whilst you can use a VapCap with a standard Bic style lighter it is a waste of time IMO. Man up, buy a jet lighter & get vaping. It is fast & very simple to use with no danger unless you have motor skill issues & if so butane vapes would not be suitable. If you are a weekly user a can of butane will last a year or more.

All I can say is my Ti burly regularly wrecks me on a very consistent basis & hits like a sledgehammer. I have not heard anyone complain about buyers remorse & a lot of owners have multiple ones (some have caught a bad case of VAS). A VapCap is worth every penny spent regardless of what kind.

Top Bottom