1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Dynavap VapCap

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by Fenton Mewley, Jul 21, 2015.

1. tragique

tragique Well-Known Member

The Omni is worth more than its weight in gold. It is such a simple design (compared to battery-powered vapes), but so well engineered. It's pretty crazy that just by relying on simple principles it can be so efficient and effective.

The fact that it will probably outlast all battery-powered vapes currently made is just the cherry on top.

Flow, Squiby, FreddieFresh and 7 others like this.
  2. Winegums

Winegums I make things from wood Accessory Maker

You're not crazy, use a single flame torch, heat near the bottom and you can produce massive clouds. It makes a full flower bowl look like you took a dab. The flavour is excellent and the effects hit you quite quickly in my experience.

The M produces wispy hits due to the cap not being originally calibrated for the density of the SS tip. You can get the same performance on the first hit as a Ti tip but you need to heat past the click or preheat the tip.

Squiby, FreddieFresh, Jackdaw and 9 others like this.
  3. cybrguy

cybrguy I mean really, WTF

I'm curious how smellproff this guy is. Is there any kind if seal on the door or does it just flop closed? If no seal does it look like there is a way to McGuyver it?

Squiby, CuckFumbustion and tragique like this.
  4. Helios

Helios Well-Known Member

Hello Everyone, long time lurker here on the VC threads, just wanted to introduce myself and join the community. Its the first big Snow day here in upstate NY a perfect day for baking and sipping on the VC. Enjoy the weekend all:)

5. IntoTheVoid

IntoTheVoid Pride Goeth Before A Fall

Is there anyone who prefers the M over the Omni? I have both. I actually bought the Omni first but when the sandblasted M came out I had to get one even though I didn’t need it. I actually haven’t used it yet since the Omni is so good. Seems across the board people recognize the Omni as the flagship but the M as the best value.

6. mucsusn

mucsusn 60 going on 20

If you have access to good concentrates, I would recommend that you try your new M with a mesh pad. Since you're new here, start out by looking at the best of threads, and also find FC member @Squiby - she is THE source for VapCap wisdom. Stay baked!

7. IntoTheVoid

Thanks for the info. Yes, I read all her posts. She is awesome for VapInfo

Squiby, Kermitt, FreddieFresh and 7 others like this.
  8. stark1

stark1 Keep on smilin

She's the frikkin godmother of everything VapCap, with VapCap being the :spliff::cheers:

Mr. Me2, Squiby, Kermitt and 11 others like this.
  9. CuckFumbustion

CuckFumbustion Lo and Behold! The transformative power of Vapor.

Waiting for mine to arrive. There seems to be a rubber strip that covers the hole. There might be a way to refine that further. Since it uses a magnet to close, you could say have a seal that goes into the storage hole further.
    Dang, I should have waited. They have a glow in the dark version. Dynavap XL Dugout Box Glow

You can get the cad(?) info from somewhere for free and print/modify one yourself. :science:
    [​IMG]
    Check out the links in her sig too. :cool:
    Yes, glad you caught that especially. I do think of a three headed Hydra when I look at your project. :freak: Have at least 3 VC/neo-VC bodies that I can slide through those holes insert into my water piece and summon the Hydra. :haw:
    I have worn out the hinge on one and then modded it with a thin key ring to keep the lid with the tube. It stays on fine just the hinge gave up. But not anything like what you are going through. Maybe it's your method? :hmm: I press up on the bottom flap with my thumb and it pops open. It can even make the pop sound. <poit> Are you gripping from the top instead? These things are designed to be smell proof. So it will grip with a little more purpose. Hope this helps.

Zecrono, Squiby, Summer and 5 others like this.
  10. cybrguy

I hadn't noticed that, thanks. That might help. The spongier the better I guess. If what comes on it isn't spongy enough it would be easy enough to try something else. I hope the magnets is strong enough to support some squeezing strength.

I think I'll pass on the glowing one. The cutout will make it draw enough attention. :rolleyes: I'll be interested to hear your thoughts once yours arrives.

CuckFumbustion likes this.
  11. stardustsailor

stardustsailor Well-Known Member Accessory Maker

Zecrono, sag, Helios and 7 others like this.
  12. CuckFumbustion

CuckFumbustion Lo and Behold! The transformative power of Vapor.

Oh Oh, I started a cult. :dog: That's great that you are going for this.
    Yea it's not as opaque as the others either. But it was a fun idea.

13. cybrguy

Yep. This one pulls at me too...
    [​IMG]

https://delta3dstudios.com/leather-vapcap-case/

Something about leather... And space for a couple of the lighters out there.

I WILL say I kinda like the wraparound style of their Grasshopper case a little better.

Zecrono, V-apE, Helios and 6 others like this.
  14. stardustsailor

stardustsailor Well-Known Member Accessory Maker

I really like that one ,too.
    Leather seems really soft and supple .

I miss the lighter insert ,though.
    And actually ,I'm not that fond of magnets.
    Also -yes I'm kinda picky- I prefer thicker and waxed sewing ,
    as also a couple of brass rivets for extra durability would 've been nice too.

V-apE and Winegums like this.
  15. babaganush

babaganush Well-Known Member

Since we're on the topic of cases, my new case came in. It's a 5 dollar generic hard case from China, but it's compact and fits all my essentials. It has an "ego" logo branded on the top (which I will promptly cover) and also come in different sizes, this one is a size "small". Here it is with a banana to scale:

[​IMG]

That little glass piece is an ecig bubbler that fits the vapcaps well with the silicone adapter (note: it does not fit vongs directly):

[​IMG]

When it's filled to the correct height, it wont spill (unless I try to, like shake it up and down violently), and I dont get any splash back. I leave the silicone adapter in the bubbler and when Im ready to vape, I stick the vapcap in and start lighting/spinning. I light fully horizontally and Im not worried about any spills. Im pretty satisfied with the amount of filtering and cooling it does for its size. They're also really cheap (I found a 2 pack for $7-8 here: https://www.fasttech.com/p/9354602), so I recommend them if you want something small and portable.

Dustydurban, V-apE, Helios and 13 others like this.
  16. Taazokaan

Taazokaan Well-Known Member

@pxl_jockey Hi, I'm 25, smoked joints (mixed with tobacco, unfortunately in France 95% of the ppl smoke mj like this) since my 20-21. Switch to vape since almost one year (first with a Solo, then a Mighty and now with my beloved vapcap). Even got a firefly 2, just a week, don't like it at all :/

On the forums I'm always on the side of those who read rather than whoever writes but I read almost every page of the thread about mighty, cannabreak and vapcap ! Anyway thank you for your hospitality !

I have almost tried all the vapcap, and for that I sold my old ones to friends that I try to convert into vaporization. Only one has really changed his habits and tries to quit smoking and combustion; the others (4) are quickly returned to the good old method (tobacco + weed + combustion). Bad habits are hard life!

So I started with the ti woody-s cocobolo (sold), then a omnivap cocobolo with a vong and a bubbler (sold the omnivap), always with my dynastash cocobolo (sold). But at the black friday VAS got me hardly ! I bought a new (and last !) omnivap XL titanium with a new dynastash XL bocote. I'm totally in love, VAS leave me at this moment, this syndrome followed me at last for 6 months !

You don't bombarding me with your questions, it's a pleasure, no problem dude !

"France needs more VC enthusiasts/representatives around here for sure."
    - I totally agree, in 95% of cases I pass for an ET when I take my vaporizer in front of people, but for those interested I never hesitate to explain to them all the benefits of vaporization ! In my way I plant a seed in their minds that may flourish one day through their thoughts : go vape ! fuck combustion ! :D

And Finally, sorry for my poor english !

Tonight i'm with my dear and amazing Tom Kush OG (2months+ cured in my Cvault storage), Cheers ! :D

[​IMG]

Mirimi, Zecrono, pxl_jockey and 27 others like this.
  17. cybrguy

Nice. I shoulda bought one of those XL Bocote stashes on the sale. The grain really is quite beautiful to me. I almost did but couldn't pull the trigger, and when I went back they were gone.

Oh well, something will come together.

V-apE, Squiby, stardustsailor and 3 others like this.
  18. beyond6strings

beyond6strings Just another traveller in the Dynaverse

So I got my Omnivap with a Cocobolo body today about 2pm. It's my first Dynavap. Holy fuck. I mean really. Holy fuck. What an incredibly well designed piece of functional art! Simple, sophisticated and elegant.

Thank you @DDave for turning me on to these. I had about a .3g ground up for today. I've enjoyed 5-6 bowls and have almost .2g still left. That's amazingly efficient extraction. it's elegant, and it's easy as long as you respect the click.

After reading the Best of Dynavap thread I sandwiched some degummed Hemp between a bottom screen and the top location, and I'm experimenting with the Omnivap mp draw control.

I just can't believe how much goodness there is in .02g of cannabis. And the ABV is gorgeous-even and a rich dark brown. I'm ridiculously happy. And ridiculously high.

19. asdf420

asdf420 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I greened out yesterday with the M... wasn't too pretty. But I'd had a T-break for two months.
    And there wasn't even too much visible vapor.

Ricardo and tragique like this.
  20. SloJimFizz

SloJimFizz Unknown Member

There are XL Dynastash's in Wenge at the DV site now. :tup:

Zecrono, cybrguy, V-apE and 3 others like this.
  21. IntoTheVoid

Enjoying some CBD God Bud in my Ti OmniVap tonight. What’s everyone else puffin’ on right now? Every time I use this thing I’m amazed... and to think I went from a Firefly to a Devinci IQ before I found this. Choose some specific temperature, wait a minute, puff puff puff, use more than I intended to, get half as lifted..... never again. 10 seconds, half the bud, full extraction, back to enjoying whatever it was I was doing. I could buy myself another Omni for the $$$ I’m gonna save on flower. I have FC to thank for such great recommendations.

22. mccringleberry

mccringleberry Well-Known Member

Banana kush in the Ti Univap. Its funny because lately I prefer to hotbox my car when sessioning. Sooo foggy

Last edited: Dec 10, 2017
    stardustsailor and SloJimFizz like this.
  23. asdf420

asdf420 Well-Known Member

ugh, lighting...

[​IMG][​IMG]

IntoTheVoid likes this.
  24. Cowputer

Cowputer Well-Known Member

I sure do miss seeing the OG vapcap on Dynavap's site well even the replacement bodies would be great. Not being able to get more of them is unsettling and sad.

I am still enjoying my OG as a daily driver. So fragile, transparent and tasty. The M is good but it's not an OG. I finally gave in, I am awaiting for the arrival of my first Ti tip vapcap we shall see if it can impress me.

I'm sure it will do more then that. :brow:

Last edited: Dec 10, 2017
  25. WAM90

WAM90 Well-Known Member

Do you mind linking to that case?

Willy likes this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors