1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Dynavap VapCap

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by Fenton Mewley, Jul 21, 2015.

1. stark1

stark1 Live Magical Moments

It’s astounding how you (& so many others here) @pxl_jockey , radiate positivity

Got me some learning, to git my mojo working :cheers:

Last edited: Dec 6, 2017
  2. bizwaxzion

bizwaxzion Well-Known Member

You are correct that it does not go too far into the Ti tip. I thought all condenser tubes were ss except for the omnis, but maybe I'm wrong about that. In a non-omni setup, the tip end of the condenser is flush with the end of the body/stem and putting on any tip will cover the condenser a small amount (5mm?) I'm simpy pushing it a little more (2.5mm) to restrict the airflow a bit more.

Squiby likes this.
  3. Winegums

Winegums Sticky and chewy Accessory Maker

Like @Squiby said, I have an Etsy storefront and I can be reached on the forums here through PM or my thread. I don't always have a huge stock of stems available so I encourage custom ordering if you don't see what you want. I'm working at my lathe this week and likely will be until the end of the year.

There should be some interesting things coming soon, I've been experimenting with resin casting and glow in the dark powder.

4. Willy

Willy Active Member

Guys,

How do you carry your VapCaps around? Or, asked differently, how would you carry it with no tube and no DynaStash?

mucsusn and Squiby like this.
  5. elykpeace

elykpeace wasn't me

My pocket

ClearBlueLou, Willy and stark1 like this.
  6. bizwaxzion

I have a "tube shaped hemp bag" with zipper (maybe 2" diameter) that holds my essentials. Two VC's in tubes, couple small glass wax containers that hold ground material, a torch lighter and my magnet stand. I like to keep the VC's in their tubes and when I bought my omni xl there was no long tubes available - but it turns out that the xl fits perfectly in a 109mm (J size) doob tube and those are readily available online - I got three for 5 bucks on ebay.

Squiby and Willy like this.
  7. Mr.Sifter

Mr.Sifter Well-Known Member

the more I am reading the more I get confused.

If you have a Ti vonavong and an M
    two functional vapcap.

you can build a M with the Ti tip mounted. okay

but can you mount the wooden vong stem on the M internals?

nobody has confirmed that it is possible.
    george's video looks strange.
    he's holding the tip in place with his finger.

I just want to keep my ti ti of my vong,
    get an M,
    switch tips,
    and maybe sell the SS vong.

would be the cheapest option to get a functional, durable Ti Vapcap.
    but this only works out, if the residual parts can be put together to become a functional SS vong.

WakeAndVape and ClearBlueLou like this.
  8. NizzyJones

NizzyJones Well-Known Member

You can buy the Ti Tip by itself. That's quite a bit cheaper than an M + a vong and you get to keep the spare cap and S/S tip.

The S/S condenser and the Ti tips get along fine – there was no Ti condenser initially. It's the S/S tips and the Omni condenser specifically that don't get along.

FreddieFresh, Squiby and Mr.Sifter like this.
  9. llamaman001

llamaman001 Well-Known Member

Maybe its been too long since i cleaned my vapcaps but how in the hell do you get those pesky orings to stay on the inner tube? Cant get them to lock in and no matter what i do all 3 of them end up at the end by the mouthpiece....

10. Winegums

Winegums Sticky and chewy Accessory Maker

If I couldn't use a tube or dynastash I would likely make a leather carrier for it. I've dabbled in leatherworking from time to time and like working with the material.

Squiby and Willy like this.
  11. beyond6strings

beyond6strings Active Member

Joined the Dynavap family today. Awaiting shipping confirmation on a Cocobolo Omnivap with a Titanium Tip. I ordered the fat mouth piece to use as a WPA and some extra screens and a magnet stand. Really looking forward to the VC experience.

12. bizwaxzion

Yes, the M body is a standard length stem which means that it can be replaced with a vong stem. I just put together an SS tip and M condensor in my cocobolo vong stem. If you reference the DV compatibility chart you'll see that Ti Vong is the same overall dimentions as the M. Swap the tips and you're done.

FreddieFresh, Squiby, Willy and 3 others like this.
  13. Hippie

Hippie Well-Known Member

Ooooh SS tips in the shop :tup:

Fingers crossed we'll be able to buy them from Euro retailers at some point

FreddieFresh, dboxy, Squiby and 4 others like this.
  14. elykpeace

elykpeace wasn't me

Can't wait for my portside mini! @Pipes using the black case will match my blackwood nonavong nicely.

@stickstones I purchased off potv for black Friday and noticed my nonavong didn't have the textured side like they show in the dynavap video so I don't have to search for the carb Everytime.... Does this mean it's old stock or did they do away with the scraped side on nonavongs ??

stark1 likes this.
  15. MinnBobber

MinnBobber Well-Known Member

It is advisable to clean before the first use.
    At a minimum, a q-tip thru the innards. I used a q-tip dipped in a hot water/Dawn dishsoap mixture and then rinsed in hot water.
    Note that I have gotten a tiny smidge of "black gunk" out of new VCs. Maybe machining oil ???

Others use ISO (alcohol) but I found that to be overkill/ not needed as Dawn gets out normal gunk and is much less toxic.
    I try to go with the least aggressive technique that gets the job done.

16. mmenzie

mmenzie My friends call me "Menz"

this is what i did to solve that issue http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/dynavap-vapcap.18853/page-904#post-1191054

17. stickstones

stickstones Vapor concierge Retailer

Not sure about that. I do know that all their stock is very new...like received from dynavap in the last two weeks, so it should be what they are selling now.

18. LabPong

LabPong Well-Known Member

I have not touched a torch since a month or more ago when I got my first Pipes skelly....just got a jarhead for my second location......It is the best invention since the vapcap!

They changed the design...you have the new one. You can do a few diff things to indicate the carb. I used a small colored tape/sticker by it....or you can file/grind your own grooves or rounded notch in it. I used a dremel to carve out a nice notch around the carb so it was super easy to feel with no visible indicator needed.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I found even with the stock ribs/grind marks...it was still hard to find. So I tried both my methods and just settled on the rounded notch on the hole was the best. I sold the body to someone as I only use my vapcap through water.....I use a solid glass body now as I have no need for a carb.

[​IMG]

Zecrono, FreddieFresh, Kob and 2 others like this.
  19. elykpeace

elykpeace wasn't me

I noticed that if you put an x ring inside the nonavong in front of the carb hole it seals off the condenser to the tip. Do you think it's ok to expose the xring to heat like that?

I'm on the fence with the carb hole .. sometimes I like it. Others I'm looking for it and loosing that initial heat right after the two clicks.

Also need to look into @stardustsailor carbless customs . He's getting Really good at making these babies pop!

I mentioned earlier last week I purchased a dynavap M for a buddy I was trying to convert. He loves it so far . I think that the ritiual of lighting something and bringing it your lips really makes vaping natural with the vapcap.

Huge shout out to DynaVap and George for comming up with a cool little tool and here's to everyone out there who's breathing a little easier after making the switch!:clap::tup::love:

Peace and love to my FC fam (and fellow Dyna vapers)

Edit @stickstones thanks for the clarification

FreddieFresh, Ricardo, Squiby and 5 others like this.
  20. SloJimFizz

SloJimFizz Unknown Member

When you put your cap on, point the digger outer at the carb hole for a visual reference as well.
    And @elykpeace that is a popular mod to take the carb out of play.

21. Mr.Sifter

can anybody remember whether dynavap had a Xmas holiday sale last year ?

JCharles likes this.
  22. Dynavaper

Dynavaper Karma Farmer

Excellent choice. That is exactly what I have in my hand right now while typing. Cheers! You will LOVE it.

23. Diggy Smalls

Diggy Smalls Tom Cruises

@frosty234 tell them about it they will fix it for you. I love my three flame.

The M is good for outside use even it's chilly

24. phattpiggie

phattpiggie Well-Known Member Accessory Maker

I have vongs for sale and their matching stems are enroute to a retailer so they will be available soon.
    Wednesday wood anyone...
    Click to play YouTube Video

25. Mr.Sifter

has Dynavap stopped selling the stainless steel rotating mouthpieces ?

SS moutpiece exclusive to the omnivap condensor ?
    sad.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors