Mister G

Deceptively Old Fart
I love the modularity of this device, it's a big advantage for it IMO.

So all i need to turn my Woody Ti into a Glassy Ti is an original glass body? Hmmm.

bounce5

I love the modularity of this device, it's a big advantage for it IMO.

So all i need to turn my Woody Ti into a Glassy Ti is an original glass body? Hmmm.

Actually, the Glassy Ti pictures have a different body from original glass vapcap body. I do like the potential modularity though between the Ti models.

A Reddit post about a guy dropping his Lotus in the bathtub made me realize that currently the Vapcap is probably the best contender for a bathtub vape....:sherlock:

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Ah that TiGlassy is awesome @VapCap! Love the modularity, mix and match, colors will make it even better some day in the future (still holding out hope for that rainbow Ti tip you showed us a while back George!)

Yeah @IAmKrazy2 my woody should arrive tomorrow as well, I think @cybrguy will get his today. Torch vapes always offer a specifically unique experience so they are a wonderful compliment to even the best electronic vapes... Look forward to sharing my impressions soon

Last edited:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
You guyyyyyyyyys. You guyyyyyyyyys! Can I at least wait for my first VapCap to arrive before y'all drive me back to George's store? There are like 3 different versions that I already want now, and my first VapCap is only due to arrive today.

I'm tellin ya, I blame Krazy2... ;)

That TI glass one looks very pretty...

Vapenvy

Indie vaper
A Reddit post about a guy dropping his Lotus in the bathtub made me realize that currently the Vapcap is probably the best contender for a bathtub vape....:sherlock:

Funny you mention this. I use my vaponic in the bath as i already have a candle burning (never mentioned this as i didn't want to let on that I am not the brute of a man i'm sure you all assumed i was...), but am always wary of dropping it. Hot glass. Water. Bye bye vaponic. Thankfully this hasn't happenned but am eagerly awaiting my ti woody to step into the breach.

Also why i have been showing interest in the success with candle flame on this vape. Would make for a much more relaxing bath.

The waterproof zion single battery model will be the other bath option once released.

mephisto

I am quite impressed with the Ti woodies that I received a few days ago, each with a dynastash as well. The only issue I found was a stress crack in the wood sleeve. Very good heat up using a single flame torch.
Thanks to the suggestions of others, tried some top shelf pipe tobacco and it was very smooth. I definitely need more practice, but so far, packing unground herb, and heating lower on the cap has yielded good "micro" sessions of 5-6 hits. ABV is totally roasted.

Great work George (and ED's)......
after the rush subsides I will contact you about the cracked sleeve.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Well, one bowl in and I think I'm gonna like this guy. No exciting clouds yet <g> but it certainly worked. The ready click is kinda quiet, but I'll get used to it. AVB was coffee colored after 2 heat cycles.

Good first bowl experience. This is basic glass VapCap.

Unisonruss

I received my Ti/Woody about a week ago and have been using it on a daily basis.

I really like this little vaporizer- my avb always comes out a nice uniform brown. Ever since learning a little technique I haven't had a single issue with scorching. The trick was was learning to keep the cap away from the bright part of the flame, and to instead heat it with the tip just above the dimmer blue flame. I've had best results using a triple torch- I think the broader heat stream works faster and more evenly. I'm using a Lotus Wedge lighter which has a nice action and a large fuel capacity.

I made a carrying case for my VapCap, which has a magnetic sliding lid and two trays for holding consumable material. The vapcap itself is retained by a magnet, which the cap contacts when it is sheathed. This allows the Vapcap to be easily removed by rapping the case into the hand like a pack of cigarettes. The Vapvap will slide forward to protrude from the hole, so it can easily be grasped. The case is small enough to fit easily in a shirt pocket, but it still has a very large capacity for consumable storage- about 2.5 cubic inches!

I've been using my VapCap with both pipe tobacco and cannabis, and it's working excellently for both. I never take the tobacco past three cyles, but sometimes will go 4 or 5 with cannabis.

I've found the straw technique to be best for loading the Vapcap with ground cannabis. The same technique won't work for very course material- I just lightly roll the pipe tobacco between my thumb and finger, and load that by hand.

Here are some photos of the case- it's made using yellow box burl.

DcH5uoI.jpg

PlN4gGt.jpg

jofgyhe.jpg

He1Jftr.jpg

iloJJX8.jpg
Could you make me one?!?! Absolutely stunning, definitely drooling over here!

Unisonruss,

Mister G

Deceptively Old Fart
Although my Wood is slightly cracked, my VC still works fine and I'm continuing to use it and stress test it for George. I am trying to keep my torch flame further away from the wood to minimize any negative affects of the heat. I just did a session, here are some pics:

Preparing to load - here's the small unground nug I'm going to stuff into the Ti Tip:
20151230_222028.jpg

The Woody is sitting in one of Ratchett's Grasshopper stands, it needs to have something to do for a while.

Here's a closeup of the baby nug (Original Brother's Grimm C99) sorry, I don't weigh mine out:

20151230_222046.jpg

And here it is stuffed into the cap, a tight fit, may require digger outer later:

20151230_222204.jpg

With such a tight cap, it sometimes takes some extra heating to get it going. However, I accidentally overheated the cap on the second cycle, I could tell from the first inhale it was just sub-combustion, so I slowed my draw down considerably and started to take very gentle puffs on it.

To my surprise, this seemed to cool the vapor down a bit, the flavor improved quite noticeably and I got several nice little cloud puffs out of it. I'm hoping I can get the heating timing right on this to do that consistently but with a slight bit lower heat.

I leave the carb hole open completely and the draw restriction is negligible (to me at least), even with this really tight packed tip, you can see there's little room for air movement, but somehow it flows freely as I draw.

Sorry, forgot to take an ABV pic, but it was on the dark side but pretty even throughout.

I prefer using small, unground material, that way i don't have to mess with grounds, and just pick off what I need from a larger bud. Plus, some believe you get some enhancement to the affect by not destroying/losing some active compounds in the grinding process. My personal experience is that there is something to that theory.

Last edited:

VaporSipper

I would absolutely be interested in the Ti Glassy!

My only recommendations would be to refine your process for the heating end of the glass tube, and the process for cutting the digger-outer. I just received my VapCap today and those two areas look like they need some attention. Specifically, the glass needs to be smooth on both ends, and the digger-outer needs to be cut by machine, either stamped or by laser, I think. I do realize that the VapCap is still testing and hand-made, but such a great little vape deserves to be refined for production.

As my mind has been churning the past few days regarding the thermal challenges some of the wood stems are experiencing I thought I would post a picture of another configuration available with the new modular Vap system. The Ti tip from the Ti Woody will fit onto the same glass tube as an original VapCap. Put in a glass condenser the same diameter as the SS one in the Ti Woody and what is it?

A Ti Glassy.

20151229_234301_zps0rsqamg1.jpg

20151229_234346_zpsfulzyk3u.jpg

I would really appreciate feedback as to whether this design would be of interest. The ss condenser would work too. Yes the glass can break, but it is also in expensive. And it still fits in the DynaStash too.
Ridiculously easy to clean, put the entire thing in solvent, no problem.

Cheers,

George

Vapenvy

Indie vaper
A little tough to see in this pic. You can also see that the end of the wood also gets slightly darkened from heat exposure, not sure if this is also a contributing factor to its tensile strength.

20151229_003055.jpg

close up view:

20151229_003258.jpg

Just a thought, but does anyone think it would be possible to wrap some thin string or cotton thread around the cracks to hold it together or keep the cracks from getting larger? Not necessarily this particular vape, i just used this pic as an example of the reported cracking issues with the ti woody's.

Obviously not a proper fix but may keep the integrity of the wood, and thus the vape working, until replacement arrives. Probably more feasable if the crack is on the other end, but may also work at the cap end if really thin, like cotton, as long as it can withstand the heat. People vape with cotton so maybe this could take the heat?

Vapenvy,
Reactions: Nugg

Madcap79

Jack of all trades, master of none.
I'm sure you could use cotton string to help reinforce the wood. Also, if you find that the carb hole is too close to your mouth, you can always flip the body so it's further away. I just did it and it seems to perform the same.

Edit: The string could get in the way of the digger outer.

Last edited:

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
Is there any type of comparison charges for the varying versions? Aside from aesthetics, what are the major differences between the versions? Does one get more or faster extraction with the original vs ti versions?

Still out of country, but intend to purchase online before I return.

FlyingLow,

VapCap

Manufacturer
Not sure
I would absolutely be interested in the Ti Glassy!

My only recommendations would be to refine your process for the heating end of the glass tube, and the process for cutting the digger-outer. I just received my VapCap today and those two areas look like they need some attention. Specifically, the glass needs to be smooth on both ends, and the digger-outer needs to be cut by machine, either stamped or by laser, I think. I do realize that the VapCap is still testing and hand-made, but such a great little vape deserves to be refined for production.

I appreciate your feedback and comments. Yes many components for the VapCap are still hand made. I'm constantly in the process of refining my production, and the units made this month look less hand made than the ones just 3 months ago.

It is just recently I made this project public (July 2015) and I am still in the process of gearing up production. I am hopeful that by this time next year there will be some substantial changes in the way these Vaps are produced and the telltale hand made features will disappear. I certainly hope these features aren't unappealing at this point as it is the best I can do as I prepare for larger scale manufacturing. My biggest challenge right now is the cost to scale, followed by creating a market demand for a product like this. So it is likely the hand made units will be around for a bit, but if anyone knows someone who would like to place a large scale order.....

Some day I will post some pictures of some of the previous generations, if anyone wants to see were this came from and how it evolved. I find it fascinating how many elements go into a VapCap and how all of their functions combine to enable the unit to do what it does, make vapor reliably from almost any heat source.

Back to making units and fulfilling orders. :)

Cheers,

George

VaporSipper

George, I for one appreciate all your work getting the VapCap to this point. I think the real genius of it is the clicking cap! I definitely hope you can sell enough to take it to the next level. Please don't take my comments as criticism, just a couple of areas that I, as a user, would like to see improved in the future.

Keep at it, and thanks for the VapCap!

VapCap

Manufacturer
Although my Wood is slightly cracked, my VC still works fine and I'm continuing to use it and stress test it for George. I am trying to keep my torch flame further away from the wood to minimize any negative affects of the heat. I just did a session, here are some pics:

Preparing to load - here's the small unground nug I'm going to stuff into the Ti Tip:
20151230_222028.jpg

The Woody is sitting in one of Ratchett's Grasshopper stands, it needs to have something to do for a while.

Here's a closeup of the baby nug (Original Brother's Grimm C99) sorry, I don't weigh mine out:

20151230_222046.jpg

And here it is stuffed into the cap, a tight fit, may require digger outer later:

20151230_222204.jpg

With such a tight cap, it sometimes takes some extra heating to get it going. However, I accidentally overheated the cap on the second cycle, I could tell from the first inhale it was just sub-combustion, so I slowed my draw down considerably and started to take very gentle puffs on it.

To my surprise, this seemed to cool the vapor down a bit, the flavor improved quite noticeably and I got several nice little cloud puffs out of it. I'm hoping I can get the heating timing right on this to do that consistently but with a slight bit lower heat.

I leave the carb hole open completely and the draw restriction is negligible (to me at least), even with this really tight packed tip, you can see there's little room for air movement, but somehow it flows freely as I draw.

Sorry, forgot to take an ABV pic, but it was on the dark side but pretty even throughout.

I prefer using small, unground material, that way i don't have to mess with grounds, and just pick off what I need from a larger bud. Plus, some believe you get some enhancement to the affect by not destroying/losing some active compounds in the grinding process. My personal experience is that there is something to that theory.

You hit on a really important point I don't think I have mentioned here before. Due to the way the heat propagates and the airflow travels through this unit, a slow even draw seems to really help with extraction. It is by not drawing a large quantity or mass of air through it quickly that temperature is maintained and extraction continues utilizing the residual heat. The more air that goes through the cap, the faster it cools down, just think about blowing on something hot to cool it down.

Just a thought.

HAPPY NEW YEAR! Let's hope 2016 is a good one.

George

bounce5

Is there a better or faster way to clean the Vapcap using a cleaning solution like Orange Chronic cleaner or brewer's powder? This is my first piece with glass, so I've never tried those methods before. I've just been using ISO to clean out the Vapcap so far. It works, but it does need to soak for a while to get really clean.

I just tried the candle method again, with better success this time, except I ended up combusting it at the end. If you hold the cap above the flame, it doesn't charr it as badly, but towards the end the candle flame grew higher and it seemed unavoidable. Although it takes longer, it does work. It's a nice quite option and it's kind of relaxing to focus your eyes on the candle flame.

@VapCap Thanks George for all your hard work and for getting many of us the Vapcap in our hands for the holidays. Tonight I'm going to have to set off some dyna-might in your name! Happy New Year!

Last edited:

bounce5

As my mind has been churning the past few days regarding the thermal challenges some of the wood stems are experiencing I thought I would post a picture of another configuration available with the new modular Vap system. The Ti tip from the Ti Woody will fit onto the same glass tube as an original VapCap. Put in a glass condenser the same diameter as the SS one in the Ti Woody and what is it?

A Ti Glassy.

20151229_234301_zps0rsqamg1.jpg

Nothing in the air path except glass, the Ti tip with ceramic screen and a tiny little ss retainer ring.

20151229_234346_zpsfulzyk3u.jpg

I would really appreciate feedback as to whether this design would be of interest. The ss condenser would work too. Yes the glass can break, but it is also in expensive. And it still fits in the DynaStash too.
Ridiculously easy to clean, put the entire thing in solvent, no problem.

Cheers,

George

I would be interested in a Ti Glassy....

Yes. But I can tell you right now to machine and build them will be pricey. I can't speak for George, but i would expect final price to be around 4 times the cost of the standard Woodie/TI.

The idea of having a near indestructible vaporizer in this small of a package is certainly worth the price of admission for me. I am also very curious on how flavor may compare in titanium vs. glass.

Edit. I had the chance to see the first prototype up close at the Cannabis Cup but i believe there has been some changes since then

Are you concerned that it might get too hot near the mouthpiece, or too hot to hold?

Last edited by a moderator:
bounce5,
Reactions: ZC

PPN

Volute of Vapor
The real genius...and what I was looking for along time...is the ability to vape a load in one hit with a full extraction (with flowers!)....some desktop units can do that, maybe some portable with very small load but nobody as effective as the vapCap for a total one hit extraction vaporizer!

Although the taste suffer of that...if used to the clic this is the worst flame powered vape about taste...but with a shorter heating time you can get a pretty decent taste, that's good!

So i use it more as an heavy hitter!

Andreaerdna

If God is the answer, then the question is wrong
The real genius...and what I was looking for along time...is the ability to vape a load in one hit with a full extraction (with flowers!)....some desktop units can do that, maybe some portable with very small load but nobody as effective as the vapCap for a total one hit extraction vaporizer!

Although the taste suffer of that...if used to the clic this is the worst flame powered vape about taste...but with a shorter heating time you can get a pretty decent taste, that's good!

So i use it more as an heavy hitter!

I strongly disagree about taste.
I think you apply your flame too close to the cap. I find vapcap taste is cleaner than vapman taste (and for me vapman is very very good, in radiation conduction side of the force,I mean taste) and I use the click to drive the heating process.
I too can charr a load in one hit if I heat the cap with inner flame (with a single torch) and taste is as you describe it (nasty,near combustion). If I use the torch a little far away (the outer lighter flame touching the cap) than it is impossible the one hit extraction (if you stop heat at the click) but taste and effects are way better for me (I use a lot less material too)

That being said to each one his taste and preferences but I feel I have to disagree about that statement (being the worst tasting portable)

Top Bottom