Petro

Finally getting a chance to chime in here. I am at work so no pics unfortunately.

Got my Ti Woodie nearly a week ago and love love love love it! :love:

After seeing the original posts about cracks I made sure to put on plenty of my Underdog Underbutter (wood conditioner, Ed has a similar product) before using it and reapply it every day. This truly brings out the woods luster too, my cocobolo one is just gorgeous - before the wax treatment the woodie looked rather lifeless IMO but now it is so deep and interesting. Every woodie owner should do this frequently.

(Would this solve the cracking issue? I thought my woodie's wood was very dry when I got it, seemed to really appreciate the wood conditioner)

As for using the thing I have nothing but praise. Just have my usual medium/fine grind and suck it up into the VapCap like a straw, just like you would any other tube stem. I ditched the triple torch almost immediately (less clutter) and just run the flame up and down the cap while turning it in my fingers. Wonderful ritual. Have never combusted and always get evenly cooked ABV. Less learning curve than the Vapman or the Lotus (to be fair, the Vapman was my first butane vape).

I usually just go by the click heating cycles but I have begun to start with two cycles stopping before the click, ala. the Vapman technique - this really works well and gets the best flavour I think. This next cycle to the click after that is a big one too, the first two hits seem to prime the load.

I don't touch the carb, don't think you need to.

I think George, @VapCap , really knocked it out of the park with this thing. The wood is beautiful, the Ti looks awesome (love the spiral cut) and the effects are there too. I just love my woodie, it is definitely the most elegant and closest feeling joint replacement vape we have seen yet.

YaFreekin Right

I've had my VapCap for a little over a week. Really quite happy with the little thing. Don't have anything new to add besides make sure you read the instructions before you use it. Doing one heat cycle without any material is really useful. I was too excited the 1st time and didn't hear the click & combusted which isn't the most pleasant thing to do in a brand new vape.

@VapCap What are your thoughts about making a completely SS unit? I for one would love a more indestructible unit but I'm not sure I would pay the price for a Ti. I guess we will see once you have a final price.

Tommy10

Cheers! Processed in Chicago 30/12/15 no idea how long it takes to get down under, but only a matter of time now! I'm thinking vegetable glycerine might help with getting big clouds with an open carb.

Tommy10,
As my mind has been churning the past few days regarding the thermal challenges some of the wood stems are experiencing I thought I would post a picture of another configuration available with the new modular Vap system. The Ti tip from the Ti Woody will fit onto the same glass tube as an original VapCap. Put in a glass condenser the same diameter as the SS one in the Ti Woody and what is it?

A Ti Glassy.

20151229_234301_zps0rsqamg1.jpg

Nothing in the air path except glass, the Ti tip with ceramic screen and a tiny little ss retainer ring.

20151229_234346_zpsfulzyk3u.jpg

I would really appreciate feedback as to whether this design would be of interest. The ss condenser would work too. Yes the glass can break, but it is also in expensive. And it still fits in the DynaStash too.
Ridiculously easy to clean, put the entire thing in solvent, no problem.

Cheers,

George
I've been psyched for something like this. The SS condenser is definitely neat as well, but the lower cost of the all glass body/condenser, combined with the upgraded function of the Ti tip sounds awesome. I still wish there was a cigar-sized Vap, but in the meantime a Ti/glassie sounds PERFECT. Sign me up.

As an update, my buddy found my VC and returned it to me around New Year's eve. I have been enjoying the VC heated very low on the cap, and filled about 50-75% full. In this way, I can enjoy the VC uncarbed and finish a whole load in 1-2 heat cycles. I've also found my propane torch can be used from much further away than I might normally use for my banger -- right at the pencil tip, maybe a few mm from the color.

I had been using my VC without the condenser for intense hits. The flavor suffered, so I went back to using a condenser tube. When I put it back in, I used the extra condenser tube I had on hand (rather than the one that has been in there for months), and found that I had a significantly better experience. The only difference I noticed is that one is shorter by a few mm.

thekarmawhore

I've been psyched for something like this. The SS condenser is definitely neat as well, but the lower cost of the all glass body/condenser, combined with the upgraded function of the Ti tip sounds awesome. I still wish there was a cigar-sized Vap, but in the meantime a Ti/glassie sounds PERFECT. Sign me up.

As an update, my buddy found my VC and returned it to me around New Year's eve. I have been enjoying the VC heated very low on the cap, and filled about 50-75% full. In this way, I can enjoy the VC uncarbed and finish a whole load in 1-2 heat cycles. I've also found my propane torch can be used from much further away than I might normally use for my banger -- right at the pencil tip, maybe a few mm from the color.

I had been using my VC without the condenser for intense hits. The flavor suffered, so I went back to using a condenser tube. When I put it back in, I used the extra condenser tube I had on hand (rather than the one that has been in there for months), and found that I had a significantly better experience. The only difference I noticed is that one is shorter by a few mm.

Two questions please,
One, Is 'low on the cap' nearer to the scooper end or the clicker end, and two,
Which condenser tube was better, the short or long? Thanks!

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Still learning how to not singe loads. I've only really combusted once, but I singe too often.

I haven't read every post, but has anyone mentioned George's business card that comes with the VapCap? It is very cool plastic card. I particularly like that there is a Woody on the back that is only visible from that side...

Yeah, I know, the little things... ;)

anasrzi

Two questions please,

I aim mine toward the middle of the cap hasn't failed me yet this is with the included triple torch so it will vary depending on the heat source, another depending factor is the height away from the said heat source you get differing results depending on these various factors, part of the fun for me I'd say to anyone just experiment and see what works best for you :)

Not sure on the condenser tube as mine is the basic glass one so I assume short? Didn't clog and did the job well enough, think vapcap himself would be able to answer this far better than most.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Still learning how to not singe loads. I've only really combusted once, but I singe too often.

I haven't read every post, but has anyone mentioned George's business card that comes with the VapCap? It is very cool plastic card. I particularly like that there is a Woody on the back that is only visible from that side...

Yeah, I know, the little things... ;)

Ah yessss that card is indeed awesome @VapCap! Also nice printed instructions

I am still mostly getting might avb, not much on the clouds. I did get one complete 3 cycle session that gave me cloud each time though finally. Still need to figure out pack and draw, heating I am just too imprecise with it in general to experiment too much it seems (never used Lotus or VapMan, for this reason actually didn't buy either, why VapCap and its click was more intriguing for me). Using the triple mostly, also tried my Daisy, tryna heat the middle, seems to take longer than expected typically to click. I've stopped before the click before too, great taste, but yeah no clouds regardless. Sometimes I can feel the vapor, even harshly, but still no cloud. But it must also be my draw, seems less conduction than I expected? At least the way I am using it I guess, more testing of course

hweezi

formally cwheezy
I scrapped my condenser tube with my vape tool. Must say, these DynaDabs sure rock ya :p What I've been doing is waiting till it gets nice and collected at the end of the tube and then smear it on the inside of the bowl end (works best after a cycle) THEN, pack some fresh herbs and oooohh my, you'll be in heaven. :mmmm:

And yes @thekarmawhore you gott'er, I tend to use a single flame and start from the end and work my way to the middle. Honestly, I almost hit the glass but try not to so much, gotta keep that convective air channel hawt ;)

***Keeping in mind using this method is really a one hitter kind of deal***

Last edited:
Two questions please,
I like the longer condenser tube, though I'll have to break out the shorter one again and do more experimenting. I am not using the triple torch any more, so you milage may vary, but I heat by the digger end, in the part that reads "vap." I used to run the torch where I knew the load was, but I have found I prefer this method of heating low on the cap combined with packing lighter loads of slightly drier, coarse-ground material, as it allows me to exhaust my load in fewer heat cycles (usually 2, sometimes in a single cycle) without sacrificing flavor (condenser tube removed makes for huge clouds, but charring 1/2 way the first heat cycle makes for very little flavor savoring)
Edit: the different lengths of condenser appear to require different technique. Using my current heating technique, the longer condenser works better for me. The short condenser, heated in the same spot on the cap charred during the first heat cycle -- all 3 times I tried it. Switched back to the longer one and I get great tasting, visible vapor with no charring.

Last edited:

Tommy10

Was worried about talk of minimal clouds, postie rocked up ran out low and behold two vapcaps and a triple torch (which I'm not sure I paid for? ... Thank you George?) anyways! Straight inside opened, packaging was top notch vape tubes are great. Loaded two up, one with VG one without. Had two hits of the plain mj before filming just to get the feel. Click is pretty easy, first heat click no carb cloud! Wowww! Cool down time is a little annoying while waiting to go again, but on the more is less train now so it ain't so bad. Second heat, click no carb clouds! Yayyyy! Nice taste too.

Anyways here it is, first and third heat is no VG all the others are VG. The load I show is no VG, loads with VG go all gooey and go straight into the bin, one of the negatives.

First impressions are id be impressed if this was $65. Which tells me I need a woodie or something soon. But for the price of the glassie it's a must have I think! A+ to Geroge and everyone involved, sleek, simple yet so inovative.

So I received my vapcap today! I have used it 3 times so far and have combusted twice. All in all I think it is a nice vape and I am still just trying to overcome the learning curve. This is also my first butane powered vape so I kinda expected to fuck up the first couple times. I currently have it soaking in warm Iso and will probably give it one more go before lights out :zzz:

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
So I received my vapcap today! I have used it 3 times so far and have combusted twice. All in all I think it is a nice vape and I am still just trying to overcome the learning curve. This is also my first butane powered vape so I kinda expected to fuck up the first couple times. I currently have it soaking in warm Iso and will probably give it one more go before lights out :zzz:

Make sure to use a twisted paper towel to get all the moisture out first.

Was worried about talk of minimal clouds, postie rocked up ran out low and behold two vapcaps and a triple torch (which I'm not sure I paid for? ... Thank you George?) anyways! Straight inside opened, packaging was top notch vape tubes are great. Loaded two up, one with VG one without. Had two hits of the plain mj before filming just to get the feel. Click is pretty easy, first heat click no carb cloud! Wowww! Cool down time is a little annoying while waiting to go again, but on the more is less train now so it ain't so bad. Second heat, click no carb clouds! Yayyyy! Nice taste too.

Anyways here it is, first and third heat is no VG all the others are VG. The load I show is no VG, loads with VG go all gooey and go straight into the bin, one of the negatives.

First impressions are id be impressed if this was $65. Which tells me I need a woodie or something soon. But for the price of the glassie it's a must have I think! A+ to Geroge and everyone involved, sleek, simple yet so inovative.
Don't forget to blow on the cap to speed the cool-down. Also, @IAmKrazy2 had me try coarse ground material w/ the bowl filled to 50-70% capacity. I find the cool-down more tolerable when I've vaped the whole bowl in one go, which I can't achieve with a fully packed to the brim bowl.

@VapCap I've been using wax in a hemp fiber pad tonight, and I love the experience. The oil soaked hemp fiber gave me about 5-6 hits from a tiny clump I thought would give 2 at most. The flavor was great the whole way through. I also tried breaking up and sprinkling in some finger hash from a few months ago. It was delightful as well. Definitely a fun way to vape my concentrates, and vaping concentrates helps me get around the small payload size, when I'm out and about and can't use the vap for extended sessions.

@MoneyVapeTheWorldGoRound where on the cap are you heating? Usually moving toward the tip of the cap, away from the mp, will shorten your heating time and subsequently vape at a lower temp, keeping you in a tastier, burn free zone. I like the center of the cap for a tasty treat, or closer to the edge by the digger for a thicker vapor -- but it's easier to char when heating from here.

Last edited:

Nilsson

I scrapped my condenser tube with my vape tool. Must say, these DynaDabs sure rock ya :p What I've been doing is waiting till it gets nice and collected at the end of the tube and then smear it on the inside of the bowl end (works best after a cycle) THEN, pack some fresh herbs and oooohh my, you'll be in heaven. :mmmm:

What vape tool are you refering to / how do you "smear" it?

Nilsson,
Reactions: hweezi

Nugg

I will be offering PyroVap style SS vaporization media (screen) for use with any VapCap to help hold concentrates where they belong, in the vaporization chamber.

I like the idea of a mesh concentrate screen/holder so I can vape just oil with no herb sandwich.

Another thought, could a heating station be made the same way as a log vape? A resistor in a stainless steel sleeve that it the right size to take the vapcap. Dial in the voltage to guarantee no combustion if it is left on/in the heater.

@MoneyVapeTheWorldGoRound where on the cap are you heating? Usually moving toward the tip of the cap, away from the mp, will shorten your heating time and subsequently vape at a lower temp, keeping you in a tastier, burn free zone. I like the center of the cap for a tasty treat, or closer to the edge by the digger for a thicker vapor -- but it's easier to char when heating from here.

I have been heating near the dugout but I will try heating at the tip my next run

MoneyVapeTheWorldGoRound,

anasrzi

Got the replacement glass fitting today from vapcap in fact he sent me evertything new apart from the cap itself which I already have so now I have spares too, if anyone's in need of a condenser tube (glass and short) mouthpiece feel free to hola :)

Good to see so many getting there caps and playing around with there new toy, it's such a cool little number ain't it :D

So after spending 30 minutes in the tobacco store with the clerk trying to figure out how to fill up a butane lighter I finally youtubed it and began playing with my cap again! For anyone who is like me and does not know the proper way to refill a butane lighter the key is to let all the air out before refilling and always refill the lighter upside down. So two more runs with no combustion. I am lighting closer to the tip per @ragnorokk and I am loving it more and more each day. @ragnorokk thanks for the tip :tup:

Last edited:
Top Bottom