Dynavap VapCap

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by Fenton Mewley, Jul 21, 2015.

1. Squiby

Squiby Well-Known Member

the 14mm BonG should fit into the Dynastash. You can contact @VapCap on their website contact page for a resolution.

I did have a stash - I have three- that would not fit my VonG. I just drilled it out with a 14mm bit and all was good. It took 5 minutes. I'm not sayin it's OK, cause they should fit. They have fantastic customer service and I'm sure they will take care of you. :nod:
    Here are some pics comparing the condenser and mp set up between the regular condenser and the Omni.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Ricardo

Ricardo Well-Known Member

New OmniVap breakdown:
    [​IMG]

3. Squiby

Squiby Well-Known Member

I hadn't noticed or realized the Omni condenser/mp oring configuration had changed. Thanks for the updated pic.

It must have happened with the release of the new softer mp profile in around January. Is that right?

4. Jen

Jen Well-Known Member

Thanks for the pics and confirmation! Super helpful!

5. antispleen

antispleen Well-Known Member

I believe this is correct, as the Omni I got a couple of weeks ago has the same setup as Ricardo, two rings on the mouthpiece, and one on the condenser.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2017
  6. Vapor_Eyes

Vapor_Eyes The map is not the territory

I had a lot of trouble figuring out my Omni at first. Hopefully I can help. It sounds like your units are working fine. What is happening is that if the condenser is fully open, in its shortest position, you need to twist counterclockwise to reduce the flow. Mine shipped with a fully open airflow, so twisting clockwise would do nothing.

Unscrewing the mouthpiece from the condenser is exactly how it's supposed to function.

Twisting counterclockwise will make the condenser longer, but it may cause the mouthpiece to extend out from the body. Push the mouthpiece back in the body and you should notice reduced airflow. It will probably take a little effort and kind of "snap" into place. You may have to twist it more than you would expect to notice a big difference in airflow.

I like to squeeze the body while adjusting, the very end next to the mouthpiece. It seems to help keep the mouthpiece in place better somehow. It doesn't make sense as I'm not strong enough to deform the titanium body by squeezing it, but the extra pressure does something to improve the process.

7. Ricardo

Ricardo Well-Known Member

@Vapor_Eyes Thanks. The method you describe is as recommended by DynaVap and everyone on here - it's how it should work but something's not right with mine because the condenser doesn't shorten or lengthen inside the body - it just turns with the mouthpiece. It must not be firmly enough anchored...

Vapor_Eyes likes this.
  8. GreenHopper

GreenHopper 20 going on 60

During my first cleaning session I managed to get the nut on the condenser with the male threads to slide further down the condenser.

Maybe you've bust a nut? :shrug: If it is loose and slipping when you are turning the MP then that is not normal behaviour.

[​IMG]

9. Mr. Me2

Mr. Me2 Well-Known Member

Gotta love those visual aids!

10. GreenHopper

;) My brain works in visual ways, I love my diagrams almost as much as I love my OmniVap. :lol:

11. Steph

Steph Well-Known Member

today's program
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Good question DK :D
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Alegre, Kozzmozz, nickdanger and 24 others like this.
  12. Vapor_Eyes

Vapor_Eyes The map is not the territory

It sounds like the inner diameter of your body could be too large. If you have any organic hemp or cotton you could try wrapping some around the two o-rings closest to the mouthpiece. That might add enough friction to make it work.

13. Squiby

Squiby Well-Known Member

And we love your diagrams too!

Creeper, cybrguy, The Beagle and 8 others like this.
  14. Chose

Chose Well-Known Member

Awesome
    A nice cheeky post I love it
    I can't believe your amazing vapes started on that jigg
    Bet that was hard work and a slow proses
    Thanks for hanging in there
    And giving us all these wonderfull vapes
    Loving my omni it's a beast a beutifull beast
    And once again thanks for the extras you gifted me for no reason but to put a smile on my face
    Amazing company
    Amazing customer love
    Amazing products
    Your friend you've never met
    But a good friend
    CHOSE

15. Omphaloskeptic

Omphaloskeptic Well-Known Member

Hey all,

Just finally caught back up after being away from FC for several months. I've gotten to know my Ti red mallee burl XLS well, and waiting on my Gen4 tip to upgrade. A couple questions-- I've no doubt this crew can handle them with ease:

- I see talk of .1 g to .02 g loads frequently. How are folks measuring that? I do have a 100g/.01 balance, but it's not sensitive or accurate enough to measure that low (even when measuring empty vs. filled VC). Do people just get a feel for those amounts, or is there a better way for me to measure?

- I have the above mentioned burly and a burl DynaStash (Indienogo beta ERXL version). Is there any finish on these when shipped? I'd like to try tung oil or hempseed oil/beeswax to bring out the depth of the wood, but I don't want to ruin my pieces. Has anyone been brave enough to play around with finishes?

Also, having spent too much time on reddit and other platforms, I can say without doubt or hesitation that the FC forum, and this thread in particular, makes me happy seeing the positivity and high-level exchange of useful information. You folks all rock!

16. Chose

Chose Well-Known Member

Yes mine does this
    Just grip it with fingers one the joint to secure mp and body and it will adjust fine
    I also wasn't expecting any movement when tuning my setting in
    Also visually watch the condenser move this will help you dial in your favourite sett up
    You will know where your at by just looking
    Hope this makes sence and helps

Prolusio, Squiby, GreenHopper and 2 others like this.
  17. Simple10

Simple10 Member, you member riiiight?

Hello there:)

I just recently learned about the DynaVap site and I'm very interested in ordering one. But wow there are so many options to choose from and at various pricing. I don't care about customization, how it looks, or what type of material each piece is made of. I just wanna know which option do I choose to get the biggest coulds?

I was leaning towards the Nonavong but does the more expensive Omni perform better?

18. Chose

Chose Well-Known Member

Through water or dry?????

WakeAndVape, Prolusio and Squiby like this.
  19. Winegums

Winegums Sticky and chewy Accessory Maker

Any of the Ti tipped Vapcaps will give you a very thick cloud from a small amount of weed. It's shocking how much vapour pours out of the small device. Loading it full and heating near the base of the cap will net you the biggest clouds.

You don't need the omni to get big clouds. The omni is an adjustable airflow system to dial in the perfect mixture of vapour to air.

20. phattpiggie

phattpiggie Well-Known Member Accessory Maker

@Omphaloskeptic when I worked out my average load size I weighed and ground a gram, straw loading method gave me 0.05g.

21. darbarikanada

darbarikanada Well-Known Member

as people have written, all the models work beautifully. if you're not picky about looks, just want the performance, you can go as cheap as the OG (glass); if you want something less fragile (plus you get the titanium tip), get a Ti woody. when I got mine, they threw in a plastic-y mouthpiece that will let you vape through a (14mm I think) bong. if you're planning on heavy use, some extra O-rings might be worth ordering.

22. Simple10

I plan on using it with and without a bong. So really the OG glass will give just as big of a hit as the Omnivong? Is the adjustable airflow on the Omni really worth the significant bump in price?

I do enjoy a more airy piece but a restrictive airflow is not a dealbreaker

23. GreenHopper

I'd say no personally.

The UNI will as they come with the Ti Tip (same as the Omni's).

It's the Ti Tip (latest Gen 4) which makes the biggest difference in terms of cloud size and vape quality.

The OG doesn't make use of the Ti Tip as it uses a glass tip which doesn't conduct as well.

For quick basic and cheap you can't beat the OG.

If you want quality start looking at the UNI, for 14mm bubbler use get the VonG version (same as UNI but with a wider body to fit in the GonG connector).

The Omni's add the ability to vary the air mix between fresh air and vapour. You can do this manually with all the VapCaps by feathering the carb hole (putting finger on carb hole but periodically removing finger to add air) but the Omni lets you actually mechanically mix the vapour and air so you don't have to worry about feathering the carb hole.

24. Squiby

Squiby Well-Known Member

I condition all my wood Vapcap and Dynastash pieces every month or so with either @phattpiggie s blend of hemp oil and beeswax, or @Ed's TnT Bomb Ass Butter. I wouldn't put a commercial "wax" on my wood, but I bet any natural oil would do. But I'm no expert on wood conditioning....

Choose one that appeals to you.

The decision to choose one Vapcap over another is not about performance. They all perform, but there are some differences that might help you choose.

Durability.

The all glass OG Vapcap is fragile due to its all glass construction. If you drop it, it will likely break. It requires the use of a silicone mouthpiece, which also works well to seal the Vapcap to water tools. It is the most inexpensive model and could be considered disposable. If you loose one, it won't break your heart or your pocketbook.

The Vapcap S uses the same all glass one piece tip/body but also includes a stainless steel condenser and wood mouthpiece. It is also fragile and will likely break if dropped, but a replacement glass tip/body is cheap.

The ti tipped Vapcaps have a titanium herb chamber and a stainless steel condenser. They come in two lengths determined by the condenser length.

The Ti Woody and Ti Woody S models are both 3.5 inches long. The difference is that the Ti Woody S has a short wood body and a mouthpiece that fits over the regular condenser and the Ti Woody has a longer wood stem that fits over the condenser, but no separate mouthpiece.

The Ti Woody XLS model has a longer condenser and measures out at 4.25 inches long. It uses the longer wood stem and also has a mouthpiece. The longer length of the XLS model may suit you if you have larger hands.

All Ti Woody models are very durable and won't break if dropped. But they could be damaged if you run over them with your vehicle. Ensuring that you request a stem with a double metal crown will reinforce the wood ends.

The Omnivap with its titanium body is an indestructible beast that boasts a unique stainless steel condenser/ titanium mouthpiece combination that screw together. This adjustability allows the condenser to move tighter into or farther away from the tip to create a "set it and forget it" air flow restriction. Beyond this added feature, the Omni should be appreciated for its genius engineering and the incredibly tight tolerances needed to create what can only be called a functional piece of art. It should last a lifetime and although not recommended, you can run over it if you want. It is the most expensive Vapcap at $160 US.

Aesthetics and function.

The ti tipped models have a modular build which opens up a world of endless customization that appeal to both aesthetics and function. It is LEGO for stoners. Switch up bodies for stems and mouthpieces. Straight midsections for VonGs. Regular condensers for XL or an Omni condenser. Stock pieces for unique and beautiful custom stems and VonGs. Your imagination is your limit.

Cost.

Vapcaps range in price from $35 to $160. If cost is a factor, then choose the model that best fits within your budget.

So, all that to say, choose one that appeals to you, fits your budget and meets your durability expectations. Good luck with your choice!

25. Simple10

Thanks for the quick replies! Now I'm debating if the Omni adjustable airflow is worth the significant bump in price. I do enjoy more airflow in my hits but a restrictive piece is not a dealbreaker unless it's as bad as a disposable prefilled oil pen

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors