Dynavap VapCap

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by Fenton Mewley, Jul 21, 2015.

1. Squiby

Squiby Well-Known Member

The Omni condenser/mp does have the unique adjustable air flow feature. But its build is also much more robust than a regular condenser. The Omni is a beast. It's a tank. It is brilliantly engineered. And it will still be working when all others fail.

But, the regular Ti Tipped Vapcaps are also fantastic.

Ask yourself this:

Do I prefer a wood mouthpiece or a titanium (Omni) mouthpiece?

Do I want an automatic dialed in air flow that the Omni provides or do I prefer to manually control the air flow?

Answering these questions will help the choice reveal itself.

2. Jen

Jen Well-Known Member

Bingo. This explained it and fixed it! I unthreaded and pushed the mp back in while the condenser was extended. Thank you!

3. Simple10

Simple10 Member, you member riiiight?

Ok I'm a lil confused about the Nonavong vs. the rubber mouthpiece. So the Nonavong was built so you can attach it to any 14mm female joint without a mp?
    And the one dollar rubber mp allows for all the other Vapcap devices to be attached to a joint as well?

Is there any real difference in quality of the bong rip between the Nanovong or the other piece? Does the Nanovong hold more sturdy on a beaker bong with an angled joint?

Pretty close to getting one now, I'm just trying to justify buying a NonaV over the glass OG for reasons other than durability. I'm pretty good with glass pieces, don't remember the last time I broke one accidently.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2017
    GreenHopper, Jen, SSVUN~YAH and 2 others like this.
  4. Winegums

Winegums Sticky and chewy Accessory Maker

If you're unsure I would start and the OG glass with the mouth piece. After you get your toes wet you can always figure out if you want to upgrade. Either way you go you're getting a great deal.

The Nona will fit in your glass much better than the rubber mouth piece. It's tapered just like the male glass joints.

WakeAndVape, GreenHopper, Jen and 4 others like this.
  5. NickDlow

NickDlow Log Hog

What wine said plus many people don't like silicone in their air path, such as myself. There's that and the fact that wood is a lot more aesthetically pleasing imo.

WakeAndVape, GreenHopper, Jen and 5 others like this.
  6. Winegums

The wood and metal are the best parts!

GreenHopper, Jen, SSVUN~YAH and 4 others like this.
  7. Simple10

Simple10 Member, you member riiiight?

Ok In that case looks like I'm going for the option that best fits the bong. Unless is there a glass Nonavong stem available?

and more question: Are there any functional differences between the Skinny and the XLS variants or are they just aesthetic preference options

GreenHopper, Jen, SSVUN~YAH and 2 others like this.
  8. Prolusio

Prolusio Well-Known Member

When I got my Ti Omni Dynavap included a glass body so customers can try it out, so that's something to consider if you find glass appealing. You get both versions if you buy an Omni!

I loved the look of the glass and the way the carb hole has a slight bump.. But I found it to be extremely slippery. Like you @Simple10 I'm not super prone to breaking glass; but I knew immediately I would not be able to handle having a glass body for more than a few days before I butterfinger it into oblivion.

I just used the rubber mouthpiece to take some hits with my Ti Omni through my waterpiece; it actually holds very securely! However I do have an upright connection. I tried tilting it to simulate an angled connection and it worked just fine though... You can flick it around quite aggressively and it will not pop off, provides a great seal! I'd say it holds almost as good as a Nona but the Nona is more secure because it sinks into the glass more. Not as much protruding to boop off.

I also just tried comparing hits (through water) from my @Winegums Amphora Vong (standard condenser, no air adjustment) to those of the NonaVong and my OmniVong.. I don't think there's a difference in the density of clouds being produced. As @GreenHopper said it's the Ti tip doing most of the heavy lifting! Any model with a Ti tip should provide similar results.

The big difference I notice with the Omni is by adjusting the airflow/mp you can set it up so the carb hole behaves differently. But you can get fairly identical results by feathering the carb hole on the Non-Omni versions once you get the hang of it! The biggest appeal of the Omni for me was the option to get a Ti body; practically indestructible and classy as hell.

I truly think you'll be satisfied with the clouds any of the Ti tips produce @Simple10! I don't own the OG so I can't comment on it.. but there is not a configuration of the VapCap that I have tried and found disappointing. Just on that basis alone I'd say it's worth upgrading to the Nona or any other style that catches your fancy! ;)

Last edited: Mar 18, 2017
  9. Vapor_Eyes

Vapor_Eyes The map is not the territory

That's definitely one of my favorite VapCaps, you did an amazing job with it! :tup:

:clap::clap::clap:

10. Hogni

Hogni Honi soit qui mal y pense

All these recommandations are getting boring. It's everytime the same with nearly everone. Somebody is thinking and thinking again about his choice of ONE model over days, nights and weeks and at the end when one model was tried they are buying all the other DV and after market stuff..:zzz:

One for sure, VC are getting the most expensive vapes of the world!

Dont waste your time, just immediately buy the cheapest of interesting VC, try it and.......start buying the rest......you cant stand addiction... you will be assimilated. @VapCap is the real borg!! :borg:

If you don't want this, don't buy ANY VC!! :myday:

Last edited: Mar 19, 2017
  11. nacho257

nacho257 Well-Known Member

Can the Omni be used without its mouthpiece? Something about the mouthpiece isn't aesthetically pleasing to me, can it be taken off or will the condenser stick out from the body?

12. Hogni

Hogni Honi soit qui mal y pense

Body will also be hold by the o-rings of the condenser. So you can use it w/o a mouthpiece.

BTW same as me. I'm no big fan of the VC's mp. Pretty sure there will come alternatives for the omni in the future too. At least a threaded mp holder for the omni. Up to then you will probably have more fun with a ti woody with stem or buy just a ti tip and let make a custom stem/body+mp by phattpiggie or winegums....or make one yourself.

BTW I have read from a few people who want to start turning themself and intend to buy a lathe.

Are there any recommandations for cheaper but good lathes?

13. Ricardo

Ricardo Well-Known Member

Yes, you can do that, but if you were to rotate the MP clockwise with the OmniVap fully assembled, would it shorten the condenser and increase the airflow or would the condenser just rotate without any effect inside the body, like mine?

14. Jen

Jen Well-Known Member

I just tested this, here's exactly what I did: Just using the body and condenser/mp, I unthreaded the mp just a bit and stuck it in the body. I can see the condenser on the other end. If I twist counter clockwise, the condenser appears to do nothing until I push the mp so it's flush to the body again. Then the condenser is clearly sticking out a bit. Now, if I twist clockwise, I can see the condenser shorten and move back inside the body. No pushing on the mp to make it flush required.

15. Squiby

Squiby Well-Known Member

what makes the Omni an Omni IS the threaded Omni condenser/mouthpiece.

You could take it out, but then why buy the Omni?

Rather, either buy a Ti Woody which has all the ti tipped extraction featires features of the Omni but with no mp. Or a Ti Woody S which has a wood mouthpiece.

Pictured here top to bottom:
    - Ti Woody XLS with B&W Ebony stem and Black wood mp
    - Ti Woody with Cocobolo stem - no mp. Just a blunt wood end which some people prefer
    - Ti Woody S with Black wood body and burl mp
    [​IMG]

Or just buy a ti tip and cap and a custom stem from @phattpiggie or Winegums to get the mouth end shape that you would prefer?

Like this

[​IMG]
    Or this...[​IMG]

Or what about Winegums stems?

https://www.etsy.com/ca/shop/WinegumsWoodcraft

There are lots of options rather than buying a unit like the Omni and then not using it as intended.

Enjoy!

Alegre, nickdanger, grokit and 16 others like this.
  16. Joaon

Joaon Well-Known Member

Yesterday, after some weeks without bubbler (thanks, cat..), I decided to hack something to make one myself. It ended up with that :

A bottle of Monkey Shoulder (whisky),

her own cap as joint (cork-wood),
    a vanilla pod Glass tube as downstem, and a bit of trickerish :myday:

[​IMG]
    Mounted with my desktop vaporizer, the Herborizer Ti

[​IMG]
    Mounted with the Omnivong Burl :luv:

Water filtration is back ! Smoooooooth ! :cool:

:ninja:

17. Dogg

Dogg Member

Guys Is there any product similar to Dynavap?

18. Ricardo

Ricardo Well-Known Member

So yours seems to be working OK now. My condenser just spins and spins.
    Thanks - tried that to no effect. Looked like a botched plumbing job :(

Jen, flotntoke and Vapor_Eyes like this.
  19. Diggy Smalls

Diggy Smalls Daily Roaster

I'll tell you what, I use my ti woody to finish off the avb from my underdog. One thing the vapcap does easily is extreme extraction. I pack it tight and get one heat cycle...I heat it hot though near the stem with a quad torch. Thick like smoke baby.

20. flotntoke

flotntoke thoroughly vaped

Just the various VapCaps. Why? This is the place for one of the most innovative vapes to ever hit the market. Prices are more than fair for every configuration. Not sure why anyone would be looking for something else "like" this.

This is the vape! DynaVap is where you get one (or one of the authorized retailers).

21. Winegums

I haven't seen anything close yet. The flexibility of the Vapcap system is unparalleled for user customization of aesthetics, function and size.

22. SSVUN~YAH

SSVUN~YAH You Must Unlearn, What You Have Learned...

23. Dogg

Dogg Member

Because I think I bought a fake.

But I already saw who I bought and this was a used dynavap .. all right (or not rs)

24. darbarikanada

darbarikanada Well-Known Member

in a way, the vapor genie: a flame heats a piece of (I believe) pumice, which then heats the air passing through it on the way to the cannabis. I've got one, never really liked it; you have to stir it - a lot - to get full extraction.

25. sunnyblaq

sunnyblaq Well-Known Member

So I've tried most of the butane vaporizers other then this bad boy and now VAS has hit strong. I just got a VG coil and love it for size and ease of use but now I'm thinking this would be a great addition. I love that this vape is so cheap 35 for the entire level is what drew me in like the VG coil the VC for 35 seem unbeatable. I prefer butane powered vapes so I can't wait to compare to my already personal fave vape the VM. Soon I'll have the VC the VG and VM all butane powered beauties and come back to give my opinion on the best of the three I can't wait. I will have get a TI woody once my testing is done thank you all for the awesome c pics which pushed me to order the OG and see what's up. My only question is which is better the OG with two carb holes or one?? I feel like one should be fine but want to see what others say.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors