1. Interested in a popular vape? Short on time? Be sure to check out the Best Of threads for Plug-Ins and Portables.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Dynavap VapCap

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by Fenton Mewley, Jul 21, 2015.

1. Quetzalcoatl

Quetzalcoatl DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH Staff Member

I have the OG with one carb and found the airflow through that to be a bit much for my specific usage pattern. Did the rolling paper carb mod to make it a little tighter draw and that's where it's been since I put it on months ago. Two carbs gives you more room to play with, if you find you don't like it and want one you can just stick a bit of rolling paper over one of the carbs and not poke holes in it, effectively leaving you with one open carb.

2. Squiby

Squiby Well-Known Member

It's personal preference. But if you were buying a Vapcap OG for ME, my preference would be for a single air intake hole. I cover mine for the most part anyway, so two is one too many to have.

3. sunnyblaq

sunnyblaq Well-Known Member

Cool it's just what I figured two was too many holes just ordered the single carb OG will update soon

4. mucsusn

mucsusn Well-Known Member

Always watch this amazing and very active thread.....several times a day. I'm at a place in my life where I'm spending most nights with my wonderful new (9 mos.) girlfriend, and I don't have the regular mancave setup available....that being said, I am currently VC'ing about 90% of the time, absent visits to the home base. I have 4, 2 being set at half capacity, and 2 at full depth. I basically load all 4 every morning, and they get me through the day on about .27g of flower. In other words, medicated as much as I need on 2g per week. Amazing little beasts, these are......., now just to get my power supply sorted out on my new WoodScents!

5. towtow

towtow Member

Hi everyone,

Just receive my omni titanium with a complimentary glass body to watch it perform.
    And also a vapcap-s with complimentary adjustement to make an OG.
    Everything well packed with the dynavap tubes. Customer service was the best I have ever talked to, for real.
    Time to give it a try, thanks again for all the help I get from here.

Have a great day folks.

6. SSVUN~YAH

SSVUN~YAH You Must Unlearn, What You Have Learned...

7. Squiby

Squiby Well-Known Member

@SSVUN~YAH SWEEEET!!!!

Awesome collection!!! Love that Ebony, that Burl, that Cocobolo. Love them all. I hope you give them all personal attention every single day!

nacho257, Prolusio, shmoedog and 15 others like this.
  8. Sketch420

Sketch420 Well-Known Member

What kind of wood is the fifth VC over from right? That's a beautiful collection you have there.

Prolusio, Creeper, Squiby and 6 others like this.
  9. SSVUN~YAH

Thanks, I try my best. :lol:

I fell off my chair when I opened. I call it my who dey vape,
    because i looks like a Bengal tiger! I would guess Amboyna? :hmm:

Prolusio, grokit, Creeper and 7 others like this.
  10. almost there

almost there Well-Known Member

@SSVUN~YAH my friend now that you have one of everything what else is there to live for? How's about I help you out and take one, it's the least I can do for a fellow vapcapper?;)

11. WakeAndVape

WakeAndVape VapeLife X

your not fucking around...at all!

if we ever went into a 'vape-depression' i know who i'd vape with!!!

12. TheVaporist

TheVaporist Man is a universe within himself

@SSVUN~YAH, are you trying to start a VapCap museum? :o
    And those Thuya from the WS... :drool:

Before my battery went off I took this, a little comparison between the old and the new Omni condenser / mouthpiece assembly :
    [​IMG]

The overall length of the new system is 1mm more than the older one (seems more in the picture, perspective deformation)

The threading is different: an older mouthpiece can't match a newer condenser (the contrary is also true).
    The threading is shorter on the newer condenser but lead to same amplitude.

The grooves where the orings sits are deeper and the mouthpiece sits more tightly in the body than the older one.

The new mouthpiece is wider than the older one (a few microns more, causing the tighter fit).

I think that's all, I hope that it'll be useful for someone!
    Now let's get back to work :science:

13. phattpiggie

phattpiggie Well-Known Member Accessory Maker

14. SSVUN~YAH

@almost there
    Lol, George and his crew come up with so many cool additions that I have a lot to live for!

@WakeAndVape
    I hope that never happens but you're invited either way!

@TheVaporist
    If I do, I wouldn't use my photos, but a professional like yourself!

@phattpiggie
    Nope @Squiby is queen bee and @NickDlow is the log king. I'm probably just a court jester or something. Look at what you finally taught me about replies, I'm a slow learner.

Prolusio, muunch, mixchu69 and 11 others like this.
  15. GreenHopper

GreenHopper 20 going on 60

Thanks for this, useful to know the differences. The newer model definitely seems more refined, it's tough getting those O-rings off and on again, the pinch trick works but it's fiddly.

16. flotntoke

flotntoke thoroughly vaped

Man.... I could really use that extra mm for my newer Gen 4 Ti Tip. I guess any ordered as parts on the DynaVap website will be the new longer version?

$65 is kind of steep to make my 4 month or so old OMNI work properly with a 2 month old, new style tip. By function properly, I mean no air at all coming in when adjusted all the way out - as it works with the Gen 3 tip that came with the OMNI. Still fingering to keep it fully closed, though the airflow is pretty light.

It's great there are so many updates and changes for the better, but sure would be nice if George & DV could help us out with a little discount when these kind of things happen due to small, but worthwhile, updates.

17. Farid

Farid Well-Known Member

If you want it fully closed off, just unscrew the condenser fully, push it in as far as you want with a poker, and then push in your mouthpiece. You won't be able to adjust the airflow by unscrewing if you do this, but for people who want to set it at fully closed, this is how I do it.

18. duff

duff What...is your quest?

19. TheVaporist

TheVaporist Man is a universe within himself

@SSVUN~YAH, I would be honored! It's seems that the opening is getting closer each week :rofl:

@GreenHopper, you're welcome! About the orings, I find them harder to remove them with the new mouthpiece. But there is one less so let's say that's a draw!

@flotntoke, did you try to get in touch with Matt about that? I'm sure he can sort you out!
    When your Omnivap is fully closed(condenser extended) , what amount of carb is closed?
    Aside of that yes all omnivap condenser/mouthpiece assembly come as the newer version.
    But keep in mind that this extra millimeter can be a tolerance thing and not a new standard.

---
    Battery fully charged, let's go steal the soul of a poor OmniVap :goon:

Last edited: Mar 20, 2017
  20. lookhigh

lookhigh waiting for the click

But i like cats...... and dogs and your vapcap.

Prolusio, Vapor_Eyes, Squiby and 2 others like this.
  21. flotntoke

flotntoke thoroughly vaped

Thanks, Farid. Have tried this and it works on mine for a little bit. After a ride in my pocket or bag, it usually loosens up. Maybe I should have been more clear in my post above, but thought I was. I'd like it to function properly - as it did with Gen 3 Ti Tip. My frustrations are partially fueled by the fact I received my OMNI, probably about the same week the Gen 4 Tip was being produced (if not already shipping). Nobody can help timing. It is what it is. But was pretty bummed when I went ahead and bought a Gen 4 Ti Tip as a part for full price, and discovered it didn't work as well with my OMNI. Now, seeing the new OMNI condenser (apparently lengthened to fix the issue I'm having) it kind of makes me feel a little less than stellar.

@TheVaporist - thanks for the tip and I'll reach out to Matt. I know I should have, but haven't yet. As I was saying above, I think I kind of got caught up in a bad time warp on this one. Do LOVE my OMNI and use it more than 4 - 5 times a week. Love the performance with Gen 3 tip (as it came). Am OK with the performance with Gen 4 tip - though think that extra mm could fix me right up. I don't mind fingering the hole too much, but bothers me that the premium piece isn't perfect. And honestly, it's not really a problem unless I'm driving my stick shift and the light turns green or traffic moves. Don't have a 3rd hand to reach up and cover the hole!

I'll get it worked out one way or another, and sorry to gripe here. I know how most feel about their VC's and I'm usually in that group. Just it has been a small annoyance and felt I should share once I saw the new condenser.

22. SSVUN~YAH

Haha, It's a YETI cozy... bedazzled now!
    Thanks!
    Here is a tumbler with a vapor trail too.
    [​IMG]

23. Vapor_Eyes

Vapor_Eyes The map is not the territory

[​IMG]

24. grokit

grokit well-worn member

I just received my jarhead induction heater from @Pipes, it's a monster. I started with a semi-predictable vapcap experience, using a single flame to a bit less predictable one when my double supposed to be triple flame jet flamer finally arrived. But these jet flame lighters are in my rearview now that induction lights my fire (so to speak)! I will say that the clicks come quick, and much more predictably than with flame.

That was really hard to write lots of edits which shows me how well these little buggers work :haw:

And it's got a unique aesthetic that fits great in the wtf department :tup:

I use it with a ti woody xls, highly recommended :spliff:

Last edited: Mar 21, 2017 at 12:03 AM
  25. GreenHopper

GreenHopper 20 going on 60

Sounds amazing!

I held out for a PortSide, @Pipes is nailing it with these.

I'm really curious to see how a VapCap in one of these induction heaters compares to @Ed's TnT Wood Scents. Obviously to make a proper comparison I have no choice but to get a Wood Scents, I have to, science demands it.

My guess is the wood scents is going to be on a whole other level as it will be able to provide continuous heat to the Ti-Tip, where as the PortSide will heat up the Ti-Tip and then you remove the VapCap to toke. However...the PortSide is portable :tup:.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors