syrupy

Authorized Buyer
If you're vaping close enough to someone for them to hear the torch hiss, they'd probably be able to scope you by smell. Silent use is the advantage of battery-powered units, but they constantly disappoint me by running out of juice at just the wrong times. :doh: The VC solves that problem nicely.

collegeKid101

Is it possible to run through too many heat cycles where even if you respect the clicks you'll still combust or is the click a safe enough mechanism to where you can heat until there's no more vapor? Doing my first test run either tonight or tomorrow and wanna make sure everything goes smoothly:rockon:

FreddieFresh

Is it possible to run through too many heat cycles where even if you respect the clicks you'll still combust or is the click a safe enough mechanism to where you can heat until there's no more vapor? Doing my first test run either tonight or tomorrow and wanna make sure everything goes smoothly:rockon:
The average seems to be about 3 or 4 cycles per load, and the herb is pretty spent after. Most videos I've seen the vapor gets thicker with each cycle, so I think if you get overzealous then you're likely to combust

kellya86

Herb gardener...
I have wondered this

I'm my experience with my tiwoody, if you absolutely respect the click, it won't combust at the end, the vapour will run out.....
But if you get greedy with the torch.....

Alexis

Maybe I just don't hear well. I can hold any of my torches away from me at arms length with them running in a quiet room and that makes it where I can't hear them

No Im sure you are right I bet it is hardly noticeable. I have no recent experience of using any sort of lghter except basic ones the last 8 years to light candles now and then and clean my vaporizer gauzes. My hearing isnt too hot myself since I had a viral infection get in my left ear temporarily 3 years ago, and there has been cattarrh behind my eardrums ever since.

I say temporarily, because I cured the ear infection in 1 day by simply putting 3 drops of 3% hydrogen perixide in each ear for 5 to 10 minutes on one side at a time. I think I did it twice a day for 2 days but it was gone by the first. And I have repeated it since with similar instant success one time.
The BEST treatment in the world I know of for ANY type of ear infection I swear. Please dont ever let a doctor give you antibiotics for an ear infection. For a start theres every likelihood it may be a virus, but no matter what the peroxide will sort it in no time no side effects.
Also, at the first signs of a cold, do the same treatment and if you catch it early enough (while it is still in the head), you can knock it right out. But even if not, it wont get as bad or last as long.

Last edited:

Choughed

Respecting the click is harder than it sounds when the Vapcap effect kicks-in! It's the sharing that makes it difficult for me, who's hit was it? Did it click for you yet? I've combusted more times than I can count, but it's not a big deal. I like the video about heating the 'cap on the torch section of the website, made me feel much more relaxed.

I've decided that I do prefer the taste of my herb in Vapcap! The flavour lasts longer, is "cleaner". I like everything about it, it's quickly become my daily driver, for home and out and about. I don't love the cigarette look, as I knew I wouldn't.. but that's my issue, I know. Otherwise, it's a complete winner in my book.

poutine

I had this same problem, take a pencil with an eraser and use it to apply pressure around the edges of the chamber on to the clip until it's proerly seated. Even though its stuck where it is, it would be pretty annoying for the gunk to get stuck in between those two.

A wood dowel that is 8mm or 5/16 inch is the perfect tool for this job. You should be able to find one at a hardware store, hobby/arts&crafts store, or even at Walmart in the crafts section.

Well I allways Use a wooden BBQ skwer broken in two.
Now insert those in to your vapcap Bowl. In a way that they Form an x . That way you can evenly apply force on the retentionclip.
No need for special Tools. I can even use two small twigs when out and about.

I hope you get what i mean.

Thanks! Can't find any pencils right now, but at least I know for the future! I'm also picking up a Santa Cruz Shredder from PuffItUp to add to the collection.

Alexis

Respecting the click is harder than it sounds when the Vapcap effect kicks-in! It's the sharing that makes it difficult for me, who's hit was it? Did it click for you yet? I've combusted more times than I can count, but it's not a big deal. I like the video about heating the 'cap on the torch section of the website, made me feel much more relaxed.

I've decided that I do prefer the taste of my herb in Vapcap! The flavour lasts longer, is "cleaner". I like everything about it, it's quickly become my daily driver, for home and out and about. I don't love the cigarette look, as I knew I wouldn't.. but that's my issue, I know. Otherwise, it's a complete winner in my book.
I'm really pleased to hear that you are really satisfied. I just ordered myself earlier after letting go of the lotus idea, only to then question did I make the right decision to get the omnivap and OG for my mum, when I could have gotten 2 OG's amd a lotus from UK for almost identical price.

I was in a dilemna whether to change the order to have the best of both worlds, but I have the herborizer and the lotus is closer to that I think, while the vapcap is something very different.

It feels to me that the vapcap will be an excellent accompaniment to edibles. I got 2 more cups today out of my durban leaf tea from last night and what an extraordinaty high from the second cup. Such a clear, sharp, uplifted consciousness.
I would really be in the perfect mood to try the vapcap now, whereas some vaporizers like verdamper and herborizer arent always right to go with the edibles and can kill it off.
I think vapcap may be a great fit.

Squiby

The click indicates vaping temps. If you heat the bottom half of the cap (near the digger outer), you will reach higher bowl temps than if you heat the top half of the cap. The routine that I have settled upon has been to heat the bottom half of the cap for the first cycle and the top half for the second and third cycle. Perfect even toasting every time.

I always get three cycles out of my micro hits. A few times I tried pushing it to a forth cycle but there's no more vapor so now I stick with three cycles.

I haven't gone further than this cause you quickly realize that there's not any point.

herbivore21

I am given to understand (and George can explain it much better I'm sure) that the click indicates that the cap has met a given temperature range suitable for flower vaping, rather than a specific, identical temperature measurement every time. The second warm up cycle will produce a different temperature (within the aforementioned range) when you hear the click vs the first heat cycle and so on. This is why you get more clouds in your later hits - there is residual heat already in your material from the preceding heat cycles and so you get a head-start on subsequent heat ups.

Still, if you respect the clicks (and don't heat up again until you hear the cool-down click!), IME you shouldn't accidentally combust. The range of temps the unit is at when it clicks seems to me to be below what would burn your material.

VaporChase

I'm a rookie with the OG, but I'm getting about 3 cycles per cap before I empty it. Depends on how I load it and how much. I did what @Squiby mentioned and threw a tiny nug in there as opposed to grinds. After 2-3 cycles I take it out, tear it up and put it back in for one more cycle. Very toasted after that (both me and the buds).

I said it before, but this thing can really creep up on you. I need to get a better understanding of the relationship between how I load the material, heating technique and cycles because sometimes I get huge clouds when not expecting them, and sometimes all taste when I'm expecting a cloud. All completely enjoyable though.

One of the many benefits that is kind of understated is the accessibility. I really like how you can take a puff or two and set it down until whenever you feel like it. Keeps things very simple.

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
2bGOPyq.jpg

ASqRX8z.jpg

0bpCKF2.jpg

Well I got my carbon body for my omni today, along with another OG, a quad torch, and some CCDs. :D

As far as weight goes, here are the stats of the different OmniVap bodies:

Glass: 2.85 grams
Titanium: 2.58 grams
Carbon: 1.90 grams

I like the texture and feel of the carbon body and I love the way it looks.

herbivore21

So my vertigo triple torch lighter was dying on me after not long at all recently. I bled the lighter and refilled it with good quality butane - still no success.

I was able to ignite the gas coming out of the triple torch using another lighter - which led to confusion as the igniter visibly sparked every single time I pressed the gas button without fail!

It turned out the problem was that the small wire that the spark comes out of above the gas outlets on top of the lighter had somehow gotten slightly moved so that the spark was outside of the gas stream. If anyone else finds they have issues with a jet lighter but the above conditions are met (lighter has a steady stream of gas when you hold the button down which can be lit by another flame source, igniter works reliably), I suggest using tweezers to very gently move the igniter wire a very tiny bit back in front of the gas outlets on your lighter :)

Last edited:

Squiby

The other options are the separate VonG which comes in 14, 18 mm and the stem (which I figure must also come in 18 mm although that is not specified on the site, but I think that is what George has offfered me so it must do).

Here is a post that shows you the three VonG options. The stem is 12mm wide at one end and is 14mm wide at the other.

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/dynavap-vapcap.18853/page-264#post-1021942

OMG!!! What a STUNNING Omni! Beautiful!!! :love::love::love: Very nice! We've seen black and now silver carbon bodies. Do they come in other colours as well?

Alexis

Here is a post that shows you the three VonG options. The stem is 12mm wide at one end and is 14mm wide at the other.

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/dynavap-vapcap.18853/page-264#post-1021942

OMG!!! What a STUNNING Omni! Beautiful!!! :love::love::love: Very nice! We've seen black and now silver carbon bodies. Do they come in other colours as well?
Thank you again Squiby. I'm gald my presumptuosness has drawn others attention to you gender so that we can all know each other better if nothing else.

In the end, I decided to just go for the 18 mm short VonG. I just want the most effective and simple methods of using the vaporizer. I will have the option of running the vapcaps direct through the 18 mm VonG, or through an 18 to 14 mm joint reducer with the 14 mm fat mouthpiece, and I can see which is better and report that.

I went through a real dilemna last night whether to cancel and reorder 2 OG's and get the lotus from UK as well. I needed to make a decision I hate to mess people about.

Call me silly, but I consulted the angel cards. Whatever forces or coincidence are at play, I get uncanny guidance from them that always checks out. Last week I was on the verge of ordering the herborizer xl ice tube and extra herb bowl (for friends to use so I dont have to ration my limited supply to share it, easier to switch loads with 2 bowls.)

I was on the verge of ordering, for £140, but not happy deep down. I asked the cards and they said "Take your time making this decision."
So I paused, and later on realised that was not what I wanted (I was hoping to get the lotus as well, so the ice tube would have been useful there, but I wasnt really happy with the design of it.)

Im so glad I listened to the cards, it was totally the wrong thing to do. Then on Sunday night, after all your help convinced me to put my faith in vapcap and I put my basket together, I asked if I was doing the right thing or being rash and impulsive.
And the cards said "Go forward fearlessly, this is the right choice for you."

I let it go and trusted that I had been led down the right path, only to have sudden cold feet post order.

So last night in my dilemna, I asked the cards again and they told me to "Detach from the situation", as I had "become too embroiled in the situation to see it objectively."

I said "I understand but how can I detach? I need to make a decision now or it will be too late, I cant mess George about."

Then I asked, °okay, I feel that I want to change to order to get the lotus as well as 2 OG's instead, will this be the right thing to do?"

And they said "This sitution has already been resolved. There's nothing to worry about."

How uncanny is that? I took that as the reassurance I needed to let go and stick. And Im totaly happy today about it. My durban poison leaf tea last night was an amazing expeirience. I was blown away and so high, like flying on the moon. I only used 2 grams of very low trichome leaf, simmered in water with coconut oil and sunflower lecithin. On Sunday I drank a full cup and I think it was actually too much to access the high and sativa consciousness.

Yesterday i re-boiled the leaves and split it into 2 cups, finishing the second last night. From 2 grams of leaf I have been to another plane since sunday. Wow, this method must be as good as any for using leaf, and so simple.

Im amazed at the potency of those leaves, now I think I will just make "cannacoconut" oil with the lot (a whole jar). It will last ages and will go so well as a vaporizer accompaniment and reduce the need for mega large dosing to just enjoy the experience of the vapcaps with no target in mind. I cant vape for over a fortnight still and cant wait for the vapcap order and that time. My D020 bubbler is on the way from China, I have ordered "whip it premium butane", and a santa cruz 2 piece shredder. This may not be a big requirement now for the vapcap, but will certainly allow smaller loads and faster extraction with the herborizer.

I justify this spending because my mum and I work so hard to produce our herb, for very low cost, why not invest in the full range of tools to enjoy it in this short life? I never waste a penny, can never go on holiday, spend money purely on good food, supplements and health treatments, and life's essentials.
So why not have a little fun on top? Cant wait!

Thank you to everybody for helping me be totally comfortable with the decisions I have made. If it was not for you personally Squiby, I would have just gone lotus and not even looked at vapcap, but I truly believe I have been led this way for the right reasons and and am feeling so much more positive about life now amidst health troubles.

Now I have something to look forward to and focus on getting well!

Last edited:

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
It's actually a black carbon body, it looks silver with the flash on, and that was the only way I could capture the pattern. For reference that's a wenge 'stash that normally looks almost black.

The carbon body looks black in the previous pic next to my sexy fishnet wearing OG. In person it looks black and you see just enough of the texture, it's really subtle and classy.

It's a very difficult material to photograph, perhaps today I can get some better shots in the sun.

Here's a picture with no flash:

0RE8aWN.jpg

Last edited:

Squiby

It's actually a black carbon body, it looks silver with the flash on, and that was the only way I could capture the pattern. For reference that's a wenge 'stash that normally looks almost black.

Thanks for the clarification. That carbon body is really lovely and the flash pics show off the pattern.

I have a Wenge Dynastash and it is such a nice wood. And a look much fun to say out loud....WEEEEENGEE! :wave:

Bad Ocelot

So does everyone's vapcap click twice? I've seen that mentioned a couple times here but it doesn't seem like that's the case with all of them. I get a small click then a large click. Cool down is the same order, small then large. So do you heat til the first or second click?

FreddieFresh

So does everyone's vapcap click twice? I've seen that mentioned a couple times here but it doesn't seem like that's the case with all of them. I get a small click then a large click. Cool down is the same order, small then large. So do you heat til the first or second click?
There's a redundancy built-in so in case the click fails there's a backup

Top Bottom