stark1

Lonesome Planet
"It IS early days. I feel like we are in on a device that will become, in the not too distant future, a world leader in the ever expanding vaporizer market. With legalization looming before us the market will explode. One day the Vapcap will be a household name. It will be the vape that passed the true endurance test of time."

Well said, @Squiby!

Baron23

How many hits do you typically get from a vapvap og? Do any of the other models have a larger bowl section?

Three. I can push it to four but the last one is burnt popcorn tasting with no additional psychoactives AFAIK.

I have sucked down a not quite full chamber in two draws...but generally three.

First is all flavor and tends to be lighter vapor

Second is the money shot. Good extraction and good visible clouds

Third is the clean up hit.

Cheers

Boros

Three. I can push it to four but the last one is burnt popcorn tasting with no additional psychoactives AFAIK.

I have sucked down a not quite full chamber in two draws...but generally three.

First is all flavor and tends to be lighter vapor

Second is the money shot. Good extraction and good visible clouds

Third is the clean up hit.

Cheers

How much you think you pack into a bowl? Like .05? .1?

Squiby

So would you say 2 bowls gets you where you need to be?

The Vapcap, any model, is extremely efficient with your flowers. I generally vape between .01 gm - .015 gm per session. It gets me where I need to be for an hour or two depending on the potency of the strain.

A full bowl is over the top for me and two bowls is out of the question.

I am a lightweight, always have been. I also try to maintain my tolerance level.

All that to say, you will be surprised at the efficiency of the Vapcap.

The OG bowl is glass so the walls are thicker than the Ti bowls. The Ti bowl is wider and deeper than the glass OG.

Boros

@Squiby I appreciate your input...sounds like a fully packed bowl would do me the trick...n that's the way to be! I purposely haven't gotten much into wax as to maintain my tolerance level and fully enjoy my flowers ;)

So what is the difference between the og and the vapcap s? I'm not sure I understand other than the wooden mouthpiece...

Squiby

So what is the difference between the og and the vapcap s? I'm not sure I understand other than the wooden mouthpiece...

The Vapcap S is sort of a two for one variety pack.

It consists of the complete OG Vapcap (one piece glass bowl/body, glass condenser, heating cap and rubber mouthpiece) as well as an XL stainless steel condenser with attached wood mp. This combination lets you use either the original OG configuration or you can switch out the glass condenser and rubber mp for the ss condenser and wood mp.

Boros

The Vapcap S is sort of a two for one variety pack.

It consists of the complete OG Vapcap (one piece glass bowl/body, glass condenser, heating cap and rubber mouthpiece) as well as an XL stainless steel condenser with attached wood mp. This combination lets you use either the original OG configuration or you can switch out the glass condenser and rubber mp for the ss condenser and wood mp.

Can you explain to me the function of the condenser? Haven't found that kinda info on the website...What advantage would there be to use the ss condenser instead? Thank you kindly!

Squiby

Can you explain to me the function of the condenser? Haven't found that kinda info on the website...What advantage would there be to use the ss condenser instead? Thank you kindly!

Every Vapcap model has a condenser. The condenser sits inside the Vapcap body and spans the length of the body from the mouthpiece to the tip.

When you take a toke, air is pulled from under the heated cap through the bowl and up into the condenser. The condenser is your vapor airpath. No vapor flows through the body portion of the Vapcap.

There is a carb hole in the body that allows you to adjust your airflow restriction. When the carb is open, fresh air comes into the body and flows back to the tip where it creates a turbulence. It then makes a 180° turn and mixes with the vapor in the condenser.

In the Ti tipped models the ss condenser also ties the unit together. Orings hold the condenser centered inside the bodies/stems and holds the wood mp in place and slips up inside the Ti tip.

The length of the condenser on the Ti tipped models determines the length of the Vapcap (3.5 or 4.25 inches long) and whether the midsection is a body (45mm long) or a stem (62mm long) and whether a wood mp can be added.

The condensers on the Omni model threads onto the titanium mp. Adjusting the mp one way or the other pushes the condenser tighter into the tip or pulls it away thereby controlling the air flow without using the carb. Sort of a set it and forget it feature.

Using the OG configuration with the glass condenser allows you to see the vapor as it moves through the condenser.

Using the ss condenser with the attached wood mouthpiece gives you a different mouth feel of a sculpted wood mp against your lips as opposed the the rubber mp.

Last edited:

Baron23

How much you think you pack into a bowl? Like .05? .1?
.05 is about the max I can get in there and that's with a fine grind. More often its probably .03 -.04. As for how many bowls to get baked, as Squiby alluded, we are all different with different herb, different tolerances, differing amounts of THC receptors in our brains, and different ideas of what 'baked' means so there really isn't an answer to that.

I vape primarily as a medical treatment and do so late at night to allow me to sleep with my messed up back. Two loads do me just fine for that application with the herb I'm currently sitting on. Not sure if that data point is extensible to anyone else.

Cheers

VaporChase

I'm a lightweight too and I pretty much always have been. I go through maybe 1-2 caps during weekdays and more during weekends, or if I want to get really lit.

Me personally, having just started using it, it looks like roughly 3 grams or so is going to last me about a month, possibly more. Hard to believe that. A little under an eighth lasting that long. When I first got my mmj card I thought I would go to dispensaries and go crazy with purchases, but there simply hasn't been any need to.

I'm just going to get small amounts of a variety of strains until I can sort out the ones I really enjoy. Material really does last with this thing.

Bad Ocelot

Squiby said:
And my personal favourite...

"I prefer the rubber between my lips to the wood" (Vapcap mouthpieces)

:leaf: :leaf: :leaf: :leaf: :leaf: :leaf: :leaf: :leaf: :leaf: :leaf: :leaf: :leaf: :leaf: :leaf:

haha!! Really Tobias'd that one there.

Still having great luck with my VapCap S & bubble hash. Having to reign in my GAS (and developing VAS) so I can have some stuff to put in the damn thing lol. As recommended I cut off a piece of an S&B Crafty liquid pad and squished the hell out of it with some pliers until it was in an acceptable shape & didn't have any sharp pokies sticking out & stuffed that on top of the vapcap screen (I think mine came with the CCD screen, not sure though as I was unable to find pics of the different screens in an admittedly cursory search). I then cut up an S&B fine screen into one circular-ish piece and one half moon shaped piece. The circular piece goes on top of the liquid pad to keep little bits of hash from getting lodged in there and the half moon shaped piece goes on top to hold the hash in place. I also bend one of the ends of the half moon shaped screen so that it folds down over the edge of the bowl of the vapcap. This not only holds the load in place but also makes the screen easier to remove to reload. I think it improves the airflow a bit as well.

I'm contemplating getting a couple of those Ti mesh donuts from w9 and cutting up pieces of that to replace the SS liquid pad. Anyone tried this? I'm curious to see how much particulate matter and goop the SS mesh is catching. I haven't sucked any hash through it since adding those pieces, and the screen is quite fine so I think there shouldn't be much hash dust in the mesh, but there could be a decent amount of reclaim. Time will tell!

Can't wait for my Dynastash to get here!

Quint

haha!! Really Tobias'd that one there.

Still having great luck with my VapCap S & bubble hash. Having to reign in my GAS (and developing VAS) so I can have some stuff to put in the damn thing lol. As recommended I cut off a piece of an S&B Crafty liquid pad and squished the hell out of it with some pliers until it was in an acceptable shape & didn't have any sharp pokies sticking out & stuffed that on top of the vapcap screen (I think mine came with the CCD screen, not sure though as I was unable to find pics of the different screens in an admittedly cursory search). I then cut up an S&B fine screen into one circular-ish piece and one half moon shaped piece. The circular piece goes on top of the liquid pad to keep little bits of hash from getting lodged in there and the half moon shaped piece goes on top to hold the hash in place. I also bend one of the ends of the half moon shaped screen so that it folds down over the edge of the bowl of the vapcap. This not only holds the load in place but also makes the screen easier to remove to reload. I think it improves the airflow a bit as well.

I'm contemplating getting a couple of those Ti mesh donuts from w9 and cutting up pieces of that to replace the SS liquid pad. Anyone tried this? I'm curious to see how much particulate matter and goop the SS mesh is catching. I haven't sucked any hash through it since adding those pieces, and the screen is quite fine so I think there shouldn't be much hash dust in the mesh, but there could be a decent amount of reclaim. Time will tell!

Can't wait for my Dynastash to get here!
MKow1zS.jpg
06iYjwW.jpg

Titanium coils taste significantly better than SS. I've gone through probably 25 different screen/mesh/wire/ceramic designs and this is the one I'm sticking with.

I use one of those domed titanium screens as a spacer below the coil, dome facing up. This allows for the best airflow possible. I've shortened the coil a bit by smashing it down more so this picture isn't exactly up to date. There's probably 1-2mm between the rim of the bowl and the coil. I also shoved a ceramic rod from a w9tech cart in the middle and load on top of that. I generally load about the size of a grain of rice then melt it in. The clouds are just as good as hemp, and the flavor is incredible(8/10). I generally only use stable shatter and I've had zero leaks using this method. I've put about 10g through this coil and it's still going strong.

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
I got my xl condenser with an exotic mp, xl bocote dynastash, and blackwood vong body a day or two ago. It's all beautiful and well built and works well and all the other great stuff everyone says about vapcaps. I put the xl kit in my cocobolo woody and put that condenser in my blackwood vong. Now I can just swap the ti tip back and forth. I got the vong as an afterthought since I knew I'd have a spare condenser from my woody, but my vong in a j-hook is my new favorite thing. I've been neglecting my s and woody because of it. I hit my vc's like a pipe/cigar, so putting it in a j-hook really feels right to me. I love dropping it in and puffing away. I also love watching the vapor pour out of it through the glass. Unfortunately it's gotten me wanting some fancy j-hooks now. JAS? HAS? JHAS? I want to thank @Squiby again for the o-ring trick to block the carb, it was necessary for this and worked perfectly.
IMG_20160921_080107.jpg

Love this one:
IMG_20160921_075725.jpg

Not as in love with this one (for my vc's):
IMG_20160921_075540.jpg

herbalist33

I got my xl condenser with an exotic mp, xl bocote dynastash, and blackwood vong body a day or two ago. It's all beautiful and well built and works well and all the other great stuff everyone says about vapcaps. I put the xl kit in my cocobolo woody and put that condenser in my blackwood vong. Now I can just swap the ti tip back and forth. I got the vong as an afterthought since I knew I'd have a spare condenser from my woody, but my vong in a j-hook is my new favorite thing. I've been neglecting my s and woody because of it. I hit my vc's like a pipe/cigar, so putting it in a j-hook really feels right to me. I love dropping it in and puffing away. I also love watching the vapor pour out of it through the glass. Unfortunately it's gotten me wanting some fancy j-hooks now. JAS? HAS? JHAS? I want to thank @Squiby again for the o-ring trick to block the carb, it was necessary for this and worked perfectly.
IMG_20160921_080107.jpg

Love this one:
IMG_20160921_075725.jpg

Not as in love with this one (for my vc's):
IMG_20160921_075540.jpg

Awesome! Where did you pick up that first j-hook? I've never owned a jhook, but after all this dry bubbler fun I've been having with my Vapcaps, I think I ought to try one!

Thanks for the post!

Peace

Top Bottom