TommyDee

Vaporitor
We have a winner for the '19-M stem replacement. A light golden brown patina on a satin finish for style. Ends are shrink-fit - no adhesives and they are stuck!. :D

49186860972_7eb11e03cf_b.jpg

vandalizedbythelotus

Does anyone here own the Lucid Customs Apollo 2 IH? I heard the original Apollo had issues with uneven heating, but he fixed it in version 2. I'm curious to know how this heater compares to the PSM, which was too aggressive for me. Thoughts?

Also - does anyone know if the rechargeable version can be used as a plug-in as well?
this technique can be applied to any IH deemed too aggressive:
instead of holding the power/vapcap pressed continuously from cold to click, you can pulse it multiple times until it clicks. ________ becomes __ __ __ __ __
the gaps you now created in the aggressive heating curve allow the cap+tip system to balance out and heatsoak better which makes for a more accurate click and cooks the inside material closer to what you would get from a single flame huehuehue.
you can experiment with the timings to achieve desired results.
dip'n'sip changed my life :science:

Alexis

My "medicine cabinet" is a 5-foot tall armoire with shelves in it. Though, I am beginning to run out of room in there. I'm in the market for a second cabinet to expand into.
Haha, you just caused an image to pop into my head which I have to share now. I immediately thought of "The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe" of Narnia!

One of those style wardrobes with be perfect. :lol:

stark1

Lonesome Planet
My "medicine cabinet" is a 5-foot tall armoire with shelves in it. Though, I am beginning to run out of room in there. I'm in the market for a second cabinet to expand into.

You may have something there.

Moved some of mien (shelf queens) into the barn, no rooom in my room

80356-B10-1721-4346-8325-E19886-A9-EF6-D.jpg

We have a winner for the '19-M stem replacement. A light golden brown patina on a satin finish for style. Ends are shrink-fit - no adhesives and they are stuck!. :D

49186860972_7eb11e03cf_b.jpg

Nice. I dance to glass
(Glass is Class)

Last edited:

TommyDee

Vaporitor
I am liking the remote switch on my IH. It is a very light tough to depress. It is "mains power" meaning no parasitic drain. This particular switch is momentary so it is never left on accidentally anymore (this switch has a pull-on-bypass if needed). I hold the IH in one hand holding the button while spinning the VC with the other. I can adjust the insertion depth by moving the glass vile. Also blew out the LED which helps with stealth. Top-offs or temp tweaks are simple enough as with any IH. If I go more than 3 seconds over my click ('18-M) I will get combustion. 2 seconds over gives a hot draw.

You have to characterize your IH. However, I believe spinning the VC helps.

Nice. I dance to glass
(Glass is Class)

I could do this with glass. What ID would you go for? These tubes are 6mm OD. Maybe a 7mm glass tube with an inner-cooler twist of SS?

Last edited:

nonamekevin

When you all are adding the cooling beads, how do you secure them in stems without dimples? I understand one end is for the tip, but if the other end of the stem doesn't have dimples, how is everyone keeping them from spilling out? :rockon:

TommyDee

Vaporitor
Distance from the coil makes a significant difference. Don't forget about the magnetic field's gradient as you move away from one side if the ID to the other. There is a squared function in this calculation that is not in our favor. Although we enjoy convection with VC's, there is still a lot of conduction going on with IH. That is where centering matters. Rather than centering due to the lack of vial diameters, I spin.

TommyDee

Vaporitor
The very end of the vapcap going into the housing is .311" so 5/16" to 8mm is a good range. 5/16"=7.9375mm. Vapcaps are quite forgiving about this ID.

@stark1 - have 4 pieces of 7mm OD 1.5mm W x 100mm L B- glass coming. That leaves room for a helix under 4mm diameter, say 3.6mm... maybe 1/8" stainless steel strips. Looking forward to testing that one. Thanks for the thought!

Peeps, what's the consensus - beads or helix for cooling if you had the choice?

Last edited:

beyond6strings

Just another traveller in the Cannaverse
FYI, 2B robust, the (glass) walls should be thicker than 1mm around the (critical)
8mm ID. 2mm is good.

So, (2 + ( 8 ) + 2) for a total of 12mm for the outer diameter.

Otherwise, you are going to have to MacGyver
it. G/L! :cheers::spliff:

Yes I learned the hard way that 8mm ID and 10mm glass won't work; for long.

But that's not the case with the BB9 that arrived a day early yesterday and made my Sunday a tad more eventful. Glass and the vapcap really are made for each other, and configured like this I expect this piece to have a long happy life.

And what a lovely piece of kit the BB9 is. They took all the great ideas of the past 18 months: water wand, indents, cooling beads, and combined them into one very cool glass piece.

The 10-14mm joint seats well in all of my water pieces or j hooks, so no harm no foul. The carb works well to clear my water piece like the old days of combustion.

And it's definitely my best stem for water work, and that's saying a lot given how many DV water tools I do have.

Kudos @VapCap Job well done.

This piece will stay at home mostly, so having something to carry it in isn't a big deal to me. But I'm sure some intrepid 3rd party accessory provider is already hot on that trail.

beyond6strings

Just another traveller in the Cannaverse
Glad that “glass and the VapCap are” mate “for each other”! :brow:

Considered getting one, however with a long retinue of stems, and bodies....
Plus, cleaning one would be a tuff call. YMMV :)

I can't imagine ISO not working on the BB9. It's what I use to clean all my glass and never had an issue with nooks and crannies. Probably use George's method of putting it in a doob tube, fill it up with ISO and take a walk or run some errands and agitate it. Or drop it in a ziplock with ISO and swish around for a few minutes. I have lots of glass, and many of the pieces have indents or other collection areas where honey builds up. 99% ISO gets it all.

This is my first beaded stem, and my first glass from DV. It really fits within George's wishes for a very functional, robust piece that will last a long time. So great value.

I think DV has had an amazing quarter with the release of the colored Ms, Maker's kit, and BB9. These items not only bring new customers into the Dynaverse they offer those of us who've been here for a while some nice kit to expand our 'collections' or just enhance our experience. Or just change things up.

If Hopper Labs wants to learn how to turn things around for the Grasshopper they should read the 1896 pages on the FC thread; it's a case study in how-to-do business in the 21st century.

stark1

Lonesome Planet
You silver tongued devil, you!

Hmm, wonder if they’ll let me sign in, now that BFW is done, and gone.

Bet some one will clue in and offer their own version (with a flat end MP)? Hint. Hint. :)

The Merry colors of Christmas! :spliff::cheers::popcorn::cheers:

TommyDee

Vaporitor
FYI, 2B robust, the (glass) walls should be thicker than 1mm around the (critical)
8mm ID. 2mm is good.

So, (2 + ( 8 ) + 2) for a total of 12mm for the outer diameter.

Otherwise, you are going to have to MacGyver
it. G/L! :cheers::spliff:

The OD is 7mm. The thickness is 1.5mm so thank you for that confirmation. The MacGyver is the wooden end pieces shrink-fit to the glass.

Beads or helical metal for cooling?

someTooL

Got my first VapCap tat this weekend. Just a little burn across my index finger from the fins of pure Ti :brow:

Just a couple observations from my 1st week with an Omni XL condenser. Love it.

Don’t get me wrong, end result is the same with both my M or Omni. I absolutely love the airport (yes, airport lol) adjustment the Omni provides. Nothing like having it do all the work (loosely used). After getting used to it I haven’t used the manual airport since.

Also, Ti screens are the beans and taters. Seem to stay cleaner and I found them easy to remove and place than the SS ones. Speaking of screens, the adjustment of the Ti screen placement in the Ti tip is absolutely a great. I’ve settled on position 2 for now.

BTW Will an XL Omni condenser fit @RogueGuy 2mmxl glass?

Last edited:
Top Bottom