voodoo_vape

Vapour RebeL
Hi @voodoo_vape !!
For sure, Clipper is a really good lighter (spanish device lol) i own many of them, but no one like this. Think today go to my local store and pick someone :)
How much goes with a charge?
To your question, i have not answer because i'm a newie hear :)
Cheers!
ya lo se! In Spanish products, and women I have to add here :p, we trust! :D
The amazing thing about this little lighter is that it can definitely give you more than 25-30 caps easily..it'll last me several days on personal usage..
By the way, welcome to FC Furnias and happy vaping amigo! :)

Well I just tried it again and I still don't like the taste. I heated up at top and middle with a single flame torch, got a few nice size hits. Two hits per heat cycle. The taste is just not there. I was expecting better taste though. Definitely feel the effects, don't want to bash this device at all. But I think I will stick with my Fury 2. I really wanted to use this as a quick hitter to stop smoking cigarettes completely. Like a quick hit when I wanted a cig. Well thats it, I wouldn't go on and on. I'm just felling a little disappointed. I will keep on practicing though.

having two hits per cycle is too little I'd say.. it sounds like you're 'overheating' the cap and you're getting really strong and thick hits.. try heating the cap with the edge of the flame and not the 'thick' part of it. As soon as you see that vapour production is getting less, then you move your flame closer to the cap. On average, you should be getting 3-5 hits per cycle with 3 of them fairly big and cloudy.. And of course this depends on the quantity that you're putting and to a certain extend on the bud quality as well..
VC is the closest you can get to a joint feel and taste..especially on the feel.

Reg the metal taste that few people have been mentioning, personally I don't find this metal taste annoying at all, if there is any.. on the contrary I like that feeling where I know that I can hold the M with my teeth and it is more likely to break them rather than the vape :p
The 'shadow' taste is much more pleasant and 'weirdly' nicer than the M...and I think that it hits much better than the M as well...

EDIT:
@KidFated. What you just described earlier with the tweezers is siiick dude... so i guess in that case you wouldn't have to roll the cap around to get it clicked, right???

Last edited:

Furnias

ya lo se! In Spanish products, and women I have to add here :p, we trust! :D
The amazing thing about this little lighter is that it can definitely give you more than 25-30 caps easily..it'll last me several days on personal usage..
By the way, welcome to FC Furnias and happy vaping amigo! :)

jajajaajjaja, for sure, Spain is not a bad place to live :)
Thanks for your info, i´m going to buy one right now (if i found in black math) in my town store... Fuck, i have my lighter before my VC... :doh:

Really loving this forum!! un fuerte abrazo amigo!

Pistol Pete

Yeah, definitely a metal taste. I just vaped my Fury 2 at 380° ground up then the Shadow M with a whole bud. Still not getting the good taste of the flower at ALL. This is come good tasty bud. A whole bud in my Fury 2 at 330° - 350° is lip smacking good, incredible taste. My M taste metallic and stale. I even tried hitting it before the click as in timing it. I got a lighter wispy hit, tasted a little better. I guses I'm spoiled with the taste of my Firefly 2, Fury 2 and Arizer Extreme q. But here's the thing I don't understand, my 10 year old Iolite taste much much much better than the Shadow M. I was going to get a Grasshopper but thought this would be a better solution. I am trying to stop smoking cigarettes so this has the lighter and cigarette size thing going for it. I'm not giving up though. I am hoping with use the taste will get better. As far as technic goes, I know I can master that. I sweated copper pipe as a plumber for over 20 years. Thanks for listening, I will be looking for any advice and recommendations.

Last edited:

beyond6strings

Just another traveller in the Cannaverse
Yeah, definitely a metal taste. I just vaped my Fury 2 at 380° ground up then the Shadow M with a whole bud. Still not getting the good taste of the flower at ALL. This is come good tasty bud. A whole bud in my Fury 2 at 330° - 350° is lip smacking good, incredible taste. My M taste metallic and stale. I even tried hitting it before the click as in timing it. I got a lighter wispy hit, tasted a little better. I guses I'm spoiled with the taste of my Firefly 2, Fury 2 and Arizer Extreme q. But here's the thing I don't understand, my 10 year old Iolite taste much much much better than the Shadow M. I was going to get a Grasshopper but thought this would be a better solution. I am trying to stop smoking cigarettes so this has the lighter and cigarette size thing going for it. I'm not giving up though. I am hoping with use the taste will get better. As far as technic goes, I know I can master that. I sweated copper pipe as a plumber for over 20 years. Thanks for listening, I will be looking for any advice and recommendations.

Welcome to the Dynaverse. Did you clean the Shadow M before you used it? It's probably a silly question. But if you didn't...

There's no question that you'll not get the flavors you're getting with your pure convection vapes. Both my Lil' Bud and OG Solo deliver much better flavor than any of my vapcaps. But the vapcap delivers a really nice punch that's very different than those other two vapes.

And you may want to try using your Shadow M through a water piece-with or without water. Or a J Hook. It will cool the vapor, and may improve the flavor for you.

But the truth is, when I want flavor I don't look to my vapcaps. I reach for them when I'm looking for that quick punch.

CVC4455

Well I just tried it again and I still don't like the taste. I heated up at top and middle with a single flame torch, got a few nice size hits. Two hits per heat cycle. The taste is just not there. I was expecting better taste though. Definitely feel the effects, don't want to bash this device at all. But I think I will stick with my Fury 2. I really wanted to use this as a quick hitter to stop smoking cigarettes completely. Like a quick hit when I wanted a cig. Well thats it, I wouldn't go on and on. I'm just felling a little disappointed. I will keep on practicing though.

I've got a sutra mini which is the same as the fury 1. My fury has good flavor that lasts longer but I think at least the 1st hit or time I heat my vapcaps the flavor is amazing!

You could possibly be tasting the stainless steel in the M. Some people are more sensitive to it. I can't taste the Stainless steel in my M if it's packed, but after cleaning them I usually heat them up once or twice while empty and I can definitely taste the Stainless steel in my M doing that. But in my Nanovong with the titatinum tip, screen/ccd and condenser I don't taste anything even when it's completely empty.

Last edited:

stark1

Lonesome Planet
When I am out and about, I like the quick hitting distillate cart, with a low voltage battery for taste.

Taste is :tup:

Indoors, I play with my LEGO VapCaps. ( I don’t have the dexterity to play with VapCap + lighter, outdoors,
@ 1° Fahrenheit.)

Taste is as taste can be :tup::tup: ( depending on technique, and strain ). YMMV

2ly20xe.jpg

PS I too have a Fury, two, actually (they also serve as handy handwarmers). LOL

Last edited:

CVC4455

I might just get the ti tip them, I believe it's compatible with the M. I also think it is almost 40 bucks, ouch!

Yeah I want a titatinum tip for my M too. Yeah 40 bucks sucks especially when an M is 60 and when you can buy an M with a titatinum tip for 70.

I would suggest you clean your M as good as possible and then try heating it a few times empty and you should be able to tell if it's the stainless steel you are tasting or not. Luckily I can't taste it when there's bud in it cause it doesn't taste good at all empty

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
While I don't head to the VC first when looking for flavor, I have no problem getting one decent flavor hit as the first hit on any of my VCs (not thru water of course). One just has to go gradually at the top of the cap and try getting a low temp hit.
It is all about technique, just keep trying.

Flavor is much easier to get on fully convection vapes like Splinters, etc...

voodoo_vape

Vapour RebeL
@Pistol Pete you could even try the water wand mod at some point. Then you'd only deal with glass in your mouth... ;) I'm definitely getting one at some point and an Induction Heater (IH) is on my wish list as well... oh well.. lets hope that I'll get them in 2019... that'll be good...

Pistol Pete

Maybe instead of a quick iso bath, I will let it soak in soapy hot water. I don't think it's the stainless though. My Iolite and Fury 2 have stainless bowls, even my Firefly 2 ( I think ). It's just not terpy, even on the first toke. Taste like homegrown or stale bud. I am going to try it with a different strain as soon as my buddy shows up. The stuff I have now is very good though. I have just got done vaping an once this month. Good meds for sure. I think with a lot of use it will taste better. ? ! I hope.

Sativapo

Yeah this taste thing is relative. I clearly have a better taste with my full convection firewood 5. You can have pretty good taste with vapcaps though. But they are mainly hitting hard and the pendant is a more roasted muffled taste. The maximum taste you can have is eating your buds raw :lol:. speaking of raw, I love the taste when I suck air threw my empty used vapcaps (or at the end of a hit when there's no vapor left). I get the sweetness of the bud left in the "honey" reclaim, and I didn't find this sweat taste in any other vape. I don't really get that metallic taste with vapcaps, maybe as someone said some people are more sensitive to ss taste ? The shadow M though has a different taste that I like, it's due to the modified surface I think. As some people said here it's a little weird, "cold", like you're Batman vaping on a roof at night in Gotham city:ninja::leaf:watching at the moon threw light clouds.

Overall I think that vapcaps are perfect for people that have a difficult time quiting joints. It's the closest vape there is, so more for quick high and throat hit chasers than taste chasers. But as others said with the right technique you can have really good taste. That first hit heating lightly with the tip of a single flame in the middle of my omni's cap with medium to closed airflow....mmm

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Uh oh... Shit. Does @davesmith have a page?
Never heard a complaint about how hard VCs hit. That is their greatest strength.
I wanted to add to this that their second greatest strength, just as important and related, is how truly stingy they are with using herb. My 2 main VCs are both set to half a bowl (what is that, .03g or less?) and I can actually get a small buzz from one bowl. That is crazy. I may do 2 bowls to get a "proper" buzz, but if I am only looking for a light one, or to reup an earlier buzz, one can be enough.

Last edited:

Support@lamart

Company Representative (Lamart Tubo)
Company Rep
Uh oh... Shit. Does @davesmith have a page?

as @cybrguy just stated, very interested too in these glass stems...seems like the end of 2018 was the year of the dimpled glass cooling stem
Indeed, he's been making similar stems for the Tubo in fact.. They're all based on the same principle of vigreux column, and are similar to a project he did as a heat source in 2016 :

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/gn0ck0ffs.20615/

Best way to reach him is @glass_charlie on Instagram, or you can dm @davesmith here..

Last edited:

danielj

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Dry burn off is DEFINITELY not enough. Mine was still returning filthy q-tips after a hot soapy soak. That could explain the off taste.

Regardless of convection or conduction, the first hit at least should be a beautiful tasting terp hit, so if it isn’t and your piece is clean, the culprit is either your heating technique, or your material.

to add to what others have said...heating technique and a true cleaning will get you close to better taste. Find a friend who has a ultrasonic cleaner. Folks use thrm to clean glasses, toothbrushes etc. A round thru a US cleaner using water w/ a couple drops of dish soap. The only thing Ive found that works.

mrb

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
One question about cleaning: someone try with coconut milk? I listen George speaking about...

I think you have to warm the coconut milk with the parts in it? Something about the fats in the milk breaking down the goo in your vapcap? I'm not sure as I've never done it, but I think that's the gist of what has been said before. .

Pistol Pete

Sorry, I guess what I meant is it hits hard in vaper. The effects are very strong, that was compared to how much you use. It's very efficient and effective. No problem with big clouds. I hope that explains it better. That glass is beautiful. WOW! I don't know anyone with a cleaner like that, but thanks. I'm not sure how to use the quote button to respond to others. Sorry not up on all this.

Last edited:
Top Bottom