nickdanger

Collector of Functional Art
Lol. I've been wondering that too.. I've been bugging him all morning. He said he would look into ordering one for me. Naturally from his source it should be a professional grade device and more expensive than whatever Walmart may carry... Don't know how badly I need this device. But now that it's on my radar, and if they indeed clean as well as @danielj has mentioned, this could be a must have for me. And, if a $50 megasonic brand can do the trick, at that price point I believe it's well worth it for the convenience and the deep level of clean
It shouldn't smell like weed. The best way to use one is to put your items to be cleaned in a ziplock bag with ISO to cover, then submerge in the cleaner tank filled with water. It helps to have an ultrasonic cleaner that heats up the solution. It works great!

Chandler

The best way to use one is to put your items to be cleaned in a ziplock bag with ISO to cover, then submerge in the cleaner tank filled with water.
Really? So still using iso in conjunction with the ultrasonic cleaning technique works better than just using the ultrasonic cleaner the way its intended with just soap and water?

You guys have any more tips on using an ultrasonic cleaner?
please

danielj

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
the cheap ultrasonic cleaners work fine for our purpose. I think I paid 35-40$ on the 'bay. Of course, longevity is an unknown at these prices. Get one that has a stainless steel basin. Dump the water after each use and clean it out...smell should not be an issue.

The vc in a bag is an interesting option, tho I do not believe iso is needed....and I wonder if this technique will introduce micro plastic into the water (from the bag)

remove x rings from the condenser...easy to clean them by hand. the hi temp rings on the tip should prob not be removed, as they can easily be streeched out of shape.

George has told me that it is fine to put the caps in a US cleaner...no damage to the clicker be sure to get all the water out...hair dryer on low?

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Yes

The one in the middle of this pic is XL meaning it is a stem rather than a body like the Nonavong S but it is the same other than length.
2qm400o.jpg

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
You must be using a phone as it is on the bottom on my computer screen. ;)

I like those too, but if you look close you can see they went a little too far with the knurling and it doesn't seal as well as it could. The newer shape seals the best of my vongs.

DirtyD

If you take a bamboo skewer and split it down the flat end with a knife you now are the proud owner of 2 vapcap cleaning scrapers.. Sharp yet won't scratch the merchandise, and easily scrapes out the goop of goodness. As you were... D.

danielj

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
I got the ultrasonic cleaner originally because I was going to make vapcap accessaries , (not to do general vc cleaning)... to insure that the acetal VC mouthpieces i make, are super clean. I buff them out to 12,000 grit, and wanted to be sure no micro particles remained on the mouthpieces. Additionally, I use the US cleaner on any machined condensers I make. I am doing all that I can to make my produces as healthy as can be.

But I also found that the cleaner was the only method to get rid of that stainless and titanium taste in a new vapcap. My initial post was to reply to folks bothered by new vapcaps having a metallic, machined taste

I microdose, and do not have much if any reclaim to clean out. Once a month I will go thru my daily vc with iso and q tips. havnt used the cleaner for this purpose

sirwalter

the cheap ultrasonic cleaners work fine for our purpose. I think I paid 35-40$ on the 'bay. Of course, longevity is an unknown at these prices. Get one that has a stainless steel basin. Dump the water after each use and clean it out...smell should not be an issue.

The vc in a bag is an interesting option, tho I do not believe iso is needed....and I wonder if this technique will introduce micro plastic into the water (from the bag)

remove x rings from the condenser...easy to clean them by hand. the hi temp rings on the tip should prob not be removed, as they can easily be streeched out of shape.

George has told me that it is fine to put the caps in a US cleaner...no damage to the clicker be sure to get all the water out...hair dryer on low?

I'm surprised its ok to put the caps in an ultrasonic cleaner. Good to know.

Y'all are nuts. It takes me 3 minutes to clean my Vapcap with q-tips and iso.

I think it all depends how you use the vapcaps. I like putting concentrate/herb sandwiches in mine...works great only downside is it doesn't take long for the tips to get really dirty under the screen. Ive always been tempted to give an ultrasonic cleaner a try.

Mr Turnip

I've got an ultrasonic I don't think it's very good to be honest. It's not a bad model it was recommended through an eliquid vaping forum.

But I wouldn't buy a new one put all my cloud Evo baskets in with some fairy liquid came out a little better then as they went in.

Just my 2p worth maybe I'm doing something daft

started@52

Ultrasonic cleaners, overkill for a DV in my opinion, unless your cleaning 100 at a time. I went down that road to clean other things that go bang and it was overkill for even that. Now it might be good for cleaning a cooling stem or something you can’t clean with a qtip, pipe cleaner and warm iso(that’s the key, warm iso from 20secs in the microwave). I guarantee I can clean, dry and reassemble my two DV’s faster then it takes to use an ultrasonic cleaner. Don’t forget you have to setup, warm up, use, let cool down and store that ultrasonic cleaner. Now if I waited for ALL my vape parts to get dirty enough to clean everything at once, maybe but that will never happen in reality. Keep in mind I have two Hornady ultrasonic cleaners in my downstairs bathroom I have thought about using many times, just not worth the hassle and mess to me.

Furnias

I vape e-liquids since a year, and one day ask to a friend who paint with aerograph, almost since 20 years, for cleaning my atomizers with ultrasonic he use and tell to me:
"I use ultrasonic cleaning only 3-4 times a year, to a very deep clean, ulstrasound can damage the metal because make the water enter inside the metal. If you use every week, probably ruin your atis. And dont put o-ring inside"
I dont know if this can be true, but i know he works with this material almost 20 years ago... Is only a thing to consider :)

Top Bottom