Furnias

Yes, i understand this. Because the "resin" is fat soluble, a good way to clean the VC is with warm fat.
Always for a regular clean, for the very first clean when arraives from the factory is better clean in another way.
Sorry if i"m asking bulshit :)

Vaporware

Yes, fresh from the factory you should clean with isopropyl alcohol and/or soap and water. I also like to heat it and *blow* air through it a few times to make sure there isn’t anything left on it from manufacturing or cleaning. Whatever I see coming out when it’s new and empty is something I would prefer not to breathe in. ;)

If it’s used though, you may just be re-vaporizing stuff that condensed on it during use.

CVC4455

Yes, fresh from the factory you should clean with isopropyl alcohol and/or soap and water. I also like to heat it and *blow* air through it a few times to make sure there isn’t anything left on it from manufacturing or cleaning. Whatever I see coming out when it’s new and empty is something I would prefer not to breathe in. ;)

If it’s used though, you may just be re-vaporizing stuff that condensed on it during use.

Yeah I heated a dirty vapcap that was empty once and I got 2 semi decent hits and a 3rd that wasn't much. But it got me feeling nice.

voodoo_vape

Vapour RebeL
Uh oh... Shit. Does @davesmith have a page?

I wanted to add to this that their second greatest strength, just as important and related, is how truly stingy they are with using herb. My 2 main VCs are both set to half a bowl (what is that, .03g or less?) and I can actually get a small buzz from one bowl. That is crazy. I may do 2 bowls to get a "proper" buzz, but if I am only looking for a light one, or to reup an earlier buzz, one can be enough.

For sure... Personally, I've got all my caps in their default position and this .1 cap in the morning is just about what you need for a morning kicker :p .. especially if you're working on a Sunday morning.... :razz:

drainbamage

If your cap ever sticks to the end of your M (I guess i need to clean it). Do not pop off the tip and stick your dab stick through the screen into the cap to pop it off. It can damage the cap and it won't pop right, leading to over toasted bowls.

Moses Baca

Colorado State Reformatory #8755
Yep, it slightly sticks sometimes. Not too bad. Sometimes I hold the tip while twisting the cap. Occasionally I'll grab something handy to pry it off like in the video. Most of the time it's fine. I've only had one stick really hard and that was before I got the IH.

mario

Got it. I don't usually have a tough time getting my caps off, but I was curious if the IH made the issue more prominent. I have magnets everywhere for my vap caps, so no worries there.

Dynalowrider

I use the PSM IH.
I must have 20 caps. From VC/DC V1, to con-cave top early caps. Of those tested only two (2) get stuck. They are relatively new caps. On closer inspection the crimp is different than the others. This maybe a matter of increasing the air pressure on the cap crimper. Or have the person running the machine step down on the pedal harder when crimping. Ether case it's a thought. Doc

Edit: A video of the process of making the cap, or at lest the crimping process. Don't want to give away trade secrets.

-dab8-

Dyna-saur

Chandler

FUCK THAT CAP!! Flush! No amount of ISO would ever make me forget the horror of where it's been!
:rofl:

Not bad, but not the best flavor.

Regardless of convection or conduction, the first hit at least should be a beautiful tasting terp hit,
Right!?

it's interesting to me how different we all are. Amongst my collection: Mighty, ghost MV1, SBJ, Boundless CFV, Vapman, airizer air... Sticky brick Jr was my first 100% pure convection vape. CFV, my second. MV1 MY Third. I purchased the SBJ with high hopes for convection... I wasn't blown away. Same for the rest. (mv1 I feel may hit as hard maybe harder than VC though?) My conduction walnut Vapman imo had the best all around flavor TO ME! I was vaping pineapple express when my Shadow M first arrived... Those first two hits were so lovely. The terps seemed to stick to the back of my throat. So sweet n tasty. I really enjoy the flavor produced from my vapcaps! Coupled with the potent effects?! recieved MV1 the same week as my Shadows. Haven't even put the MV1 truly through its paces. I do like it, but the dexterity needed, plus perfect grind I find annoying... VC is a game changer for me. I haven't ground up herbs since I first tried a lil nug. I am probably missing out on some canabinoids, but I'm always so satisfied.... N the nugs taste so nice! (mobb boss on deck right now)

Enjoy your Sunday everybody!, and perhaps the superbowl as well for those interested! :peace:

ubardog

20190202-230111.jpg

MMMmmm Burnt Oak!

Chandler

Find a friend who has a ultrasonic cleaner. Folks use thrm to clean glasses, toothbrushes etc. A round thru a US cleaner using water w/ a couple drops of dish soap.
Watching the superbowl with some friends, one close friend is an optician. This thought suddenly popped up in my head. Ultrasonic cleaners... "Jay. You got an ultrasonic cleaner at your shop"?... He laughs n says yup! Why? I smiled. "to clean my vapes"!
"that's an awesome idea, I'd never think of that" He responds.
I proceeded with..
Do you use it? Can I have it? Lol

Looking forward to ultrasonically cleaning all my vapes from now on!
@danielj thanks for the tip!

Edit*
Ultrasonic cleaners are affordable. They sell them at Walmart for various prices starting at $50... An investment, but well worth the time saved and no longer the need for iso soaks?

Last edited:

-dab8-

Dyna-saur
Watching the superbowl with some friends, one close friend is an optician. This thought suddenly popped up in my head. Ultrasonic cleaners... "Jay. You got an ultrasonic cleaner at your shop"?... He laughs n says yup! Why? I smiled. "to clean my vapes"!
"that's an awesome idea, I'd never think of that" He responds.
I proceeded with..
Do you use it? Can I have it? Lol

Looking forward to ultrasonically cleaning all my vapes from now on!
@danielj thanks for the tip!

Edit*
Ultrasonic cleaners are affordable. They sell them at Walmart for various prices starting at $50... An investment, but well worth the time saved and no longer the need for iso soaks?

Won’t all his tools smell like pot? Lol.

Chandler

Won’t all his tools smell like pot? Lol.
Lol. I've been wondering that too.. I've been bugging him all morning. He said he would look into ordering one for me. Naturally from his source it should be a professional grade device and more expensive than whatever Walmart may carry... Don't know how badly I need this device. But now that it's on my radar, and if they indeed clean as well as @danielj has mentioned, this could be a must have for me. And, if a $50 megasonic brand can do the trick, at that price point I believe it's well worth it for the convenience and the deep level of clean

Top Bottom