beiberhole69

Sexual Maven
Ok, to follow up on this. I got my package the other day, and I must say, I was pretty disappointed that I didn't get the same cocobolo vong that's all cracked. However, I was super stoked to get THREE different bodies (light wood, dark wood and a black wood). Thanks George and friends! Now I gotta order a bunch of caps/tips!! :tup:

To double up follow up on this:

Comparing body to body, the original one I had that cracked is engineraliy inferior. For one, the tip where the OG cracked is much thicker on these new ones. 2) the carb hole is in a much more instinctual and ergonomic spot. C: the new hole placement allows for an easier bypass with the o-ring past the hole, if you can get it up there. So the wood isn't as dope as the first one, but way more functional. And has always been obvious, the DV team keeps pushing the envelope as far as efficiency goes.

Anyway, such a unique brand. Pretty cool to see the evolution. Much respect.

Dutch-Mic

Sextoys don't "click" with me, luckily the Vapcap does.

Something else, I bought a bottle of 96% alcohol (ISO). Alcohol is taxed here, paid 30 Euros for it knowing that in other countries it's probably way less, but it really helps to deep clean the condenser tube and tip. I was shocked to see how nasty the Q-tip was!

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
I just deleted or moved a lot of off-topic posts, so many I didn't bother counting. If your post is gone or is missing a portion, this would be why. I tried to notify everyone affected but no doubt I missed some. I also left some minor off-topic posts because I really do have another life to live.

I don't understand why this is the only thread on FC that regularly needs this sort of clean-up. Please stick to the VapCap and not tobacco+weed or sex toys or whether someone is hitting his wife. Report off-topic posts, do not reply to them. Don't be part of the problem. Thanks for your cooperation.

-dab8-

Dyna-saur
Maybe we should start a “people who like vapcaps a lot but also might talk about other things” thread...

Not interested in following a bunch of other different threads. I get why it’s best to keep some threads on topic, but I feel like everyone here is pretty good at helping newcomers with questions about vapcaps, so...

*shrug

Edgedamage

In my quest to use rosin in the vapcap and using what I have on hand I think found a way. From my E-cig days I have a roll of clapton wire so I made a bowl hugging coil. And the result is a very nice way to use rosin. Clapton wire by nature holds large amounts of liquid, so the rosin wicks into the wire which helps to vape it.
Using the shank of a flat blade screwdriver I made a coil:

A little dab of rosin waiting to do it's job:

The coil fits inside the bowl and retains the heat very well:

My travel kit includes a single flame dollar store torch:

I noticed with the coil in the bowl the cool down click seems to take forever, I will try flower in the bowl with the coil. The digger outer works great for removing the coil. ISO cleans the coil no problem.

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Maybe we should start a “people who like vapcaps a lot but also might talk about other things” thread...

Not interested in following a bunch of other different threads. I get why it’s best to keep some threads on topic, but I feel like everyone here is pretty good at helping newcomers with questions about vapcaps, so...

*shrug

I just had to move a bunch more posts, some of which were made after I asked people to stay on topic.

You might not want to follow other threads but you don't get to distract everyone else with off-topic posts. The amount of off-topic material in this thread makes it quite difficult to find the help that you say is here. I don't doubt that it is but whenever I visit this thread, I see at least as much off-topic stuff. If I wanted help on the VapCap I'd find that pretty frustrating. We do have rules about sticking to the topic, but we almost never hand out a warning point for breaking them. Please don't force us to change that.

Dutch-Mic

A cleaning story.

I lost a O-ring after cleaning one of my Vapcaps, looked everywhere for it. I gave up after a minute or ten, grabbed a spare O-ring and did a test run without herbs with the freshly cleaned VC to see if it really was clean. After heating the cap I did a little mouthpull and it tasted very bad :puke: I don't know how it happened, but the O-ring was in the tip...

Always use a rubber if you don't know if it's safe...but watch out with rubber in the tip :hmm:

Edgedamage

A cleaning story.

I lost a O-ring after cleaning one of my Vapcaps, looked everywhere for it. I gave up after a minute or ten, grabbed a spare O-ring and did a test run without herbs with the freshly cleaned VC to see if it really was clean. After heating the cap I did a little mouthpull and it tasted very bad :puke: I don't know how it happened, but the O-ring was in the tip...

Always use a rubber if you don't know if it's safe...but watch out with rubber in the tip :hmm:
Did the O-ring get you high? Asking for a friend.

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
I just opened a thread for us in the Lounge, called “VapCat Chat”

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/vapcat-chat.34256/

I saw a still pic of a vapcap MXL, but I’ve seen no discussion about it all here (lost in the underbrush?).

Who knows something?

That was thoughtful of you and I thank you for it. It gives me a place to put stuff. :D

Which is to say, I don't expect everyone to stay on topic all the time. Some diversion is tolerable, but this thread is prone to drifting far afield for long multiple pages. We get reports and then we have go through and make judgments about every post and what should be done: move or delete—or ignore and hope things get back on track quickly. It's subject to error or more likely, protest from someone who thinks we made the wrong decision. Either way we have to deal with the fallout. It's definitely not my favourite pastime, but I don't want to speak for @Stu.

Vaporware

@LesPlenty I'm sure your Chinese machine is the business, but ....how can how can I put this?
It looks like some sort of sex toy :o
I'm thinking 'fleshlight' I just don't want it sitting on the table in my living room.
Sorry for lowering the tone, really I am:uhoh:

I hope no one with a Prince Albert in his micro-penis mixes them up... :zombie: :uhoh:

Sorry pakalolo...couldn’t resist! On topic below:

I just opened a thread for us in the Lounge, called “VapCat Chat”

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/vapcat-chat.34256/

I saw a still pic of a vapcap MXL, but I’ve seen no discussion about it all here (lost in the underbrush?).

Who knows something?

I believe this is just an M with an XL condenser and mouthpiece added which makes it XL size. People have been doing it for a while, but I think you can order one in the DynaBuilder now rather than buying the parts and assembling it yourself.

ClearBlueLou

unbearably light in the being....
@pakalolo I appreciate the job of a mod, a good mod is worthy of all the thanks and bucks and praise he or she doesn’t get.

It’s you and your fellows that makes this place habitable. Thank you.

I believe this is just an M with an XL condenser and mouthpiece added which makes it XL size. People have been doing it for a while, but I think you can order one in the DynaBuilder now rather than buying the parts and assembling it yourself.
Was wondering if this was more than just the ‘official’ XL conversion

...and you remind me that I need to replace the Ti mouthpiece I got to go on *my* XL conversion. :wave:

Last edited:

analytika

Dynavap burns anyone?
None on me yet.
I saw pics on IG of some guy with one on his neck and blisters on the inside of thumb and index from trying to catch it..
Couple of close calls. None since moving to induction heating, which requires no rotation. Several choices now, including DIY, and we hope soon George releases his Dynavap branded alternative.

If George releases another '420' cap, maybe offer a mirror image for self-branding?

stark1

Lonesome Planet
I thought he meant cozying up, not into violence myself. Too much in the culture. :leaf:

Was there a VC Live yesterday? Things have become somewhat erratic.

WoodVillain

Backwoods Rated
Are y'all really still going on about it? I'll delete it myself jesus. It was a joke... I met my wife in the military... both of us soldiers... A little Puerto Rican woman from Brooklyn and philly... she will whoop my ass, your ass, and both of our kids asses while laughing...

Edit to add... couldn't figure out how to delete it... guess I don't have that capability...

Dynavap burns anyone?
None on me yet.
I saw pics on IG of some guy with one on his neck and blisters on the inside of thumb and index from trying to catch it..

When I first started using a VC a couple years ago I wasn't paying attention and put the hot cap to my lip... luckily I didn't close my mouth on it, as soon as it barely grazed my lip I yanked it away...

Still received a small blister like hard spot on my lower lip. Felt weird.

Have also had lots of close calls and quick warning burns I call them... when it's just quick enough to let you know you're about to screw up lol.

Top Bottom