1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Dynavap VapCap

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by Fenton Mewley, Jul 21, 2015.

1. Squiby

Squiby Well-Known Member

My Guinea Keets will be used for land management. Ticks have been progressively moving North and we now solidly have them in Canada. The last several years the population seems to have boomed. I use an essential oil blend to deter them which works quite well but I'd like to control their overall population. It is not unusual to emerge from a hike in the woods with several ticks on you.

Guinea Fowl are tick eating monsters. One bird will clear an acre of ticks and can average eating 4000 ticks a day. So this is an experiment to see if they can reduce the tick s on my property. Of course once they are old enough and have been trained to return to a coop at night, they will free range the property.

They lay small eggs similar to a bantam chicken which are very good. But Guineas are unreliable layers and will deposit eggs at the base of trees or where ever instead of in their coop's nesting box. They are also good eating. Some say they are the best chicken they've ever had! But my Guineas will spend their lives patrolling the property for ticks and garden bugs.

I'm spending a lot of time with them, getting them used to my voice and used to being handled. They are a wilder fowl compared to the more domesticated chickens or turkey and I'm hoping that through lots of human socialization I can tame them down a bit and respond to my call. I'm training them with white millet which is a favorite treat. Here is a pic. It is terrible as there is not a lot of light and they are kept under a red heat lamp. They are 3 days old.
    [​IMG]

So, you can imagine that my VapCap comes in handy when I'm spending the day sitting on the ground, yammering on endlessly to a bunch of little baby bird brains while picking each of them up, checking them over for any potential problem, petting them and then on to the next.

I'm using my Hammered Titanium stem from @stardustsailor right now and hope to one day soon obtain a knurled stem from him once he begins production once more. The knurled stem will live out in the workshop which is doubling right now as a Guinea brooder. It will blend in nicely with the tool box bits. I love the first stem here.

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/custom-carbless-vapcap-ti-stems.25324/page-22#post-1250139

I'm also thinking of getting one of the Titanium bolt stash that he recommends.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/132606821076

@Radamisto You have a fantastic set up and your quail are beautiful!

Last edited: May 17, 2018
  2. Lady V

Lady V Well-Known Member

Couldn't help my self... Mine arrived 3-4 days ago. Still haven't put it to use. He mentioned something about the plastic bottle cap elastomer that helps with the odour, as it's not waterproof or smell-proof. Haven't tried it yet. Gotta get my hands on a cap. Clean it well before use. It's got a bit of residue in there. It's really well made but you do have to keep it filled as it is a bit top heavy (obviously:)). Well no need to say more. Stardustsailor has given a detailed description on his thread as you have probably already seen.

My vapcap designated box, is slowly getting filled with special little stuff you guys recommend.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 17, 2018
    stardustsailor, 7oli5, stark1 and 8 others like this.
  3. HughJundys

HughJundys Ben Gurgen Hoffe

Hey, I'm in Vegas! George!!! Come vape with me!

4. You will recognize him. He’s the one carrying a hugh VapCap

Chat him up

[​IMG]

5. LesPlenty

LesPlenty Well-Known Member

You wouldn`t miss the click on that one, imagine the torch needed to heat it.:)

6. Polarbearboy

Polarbearboy Tokin' Away Since 1968

Your supposed to put it in your toolbox with all the other miscellaneous nuts and bolts. You do have such a toolbox, right? That way it becomes essentially invisible to searchers. If its with your VC stuff, that's the first thing I'd inspect--if I were a cop, a burglar or border patrol.

7. LesPlenty

LesPlenty Well-Known Member

Just don`t use it to hold the wing on your plane :)

8. MegaMan2k

MegaMan2k Well-Known Member

First rip - cheers all, and thanks for all the assistance i got in here :D

Btw- do you clean the unit before first usage?

[​IMG]

9. Lady V

Lady V Well-Known Member

Hahahaha! That's the plan. Yes I do have a toolbox. But for now it stays unused in my dynabox

Damn it! I thought it would work for my private jet's broken wing

10. Radamisto

Radamisto Member

11. Lady V

Lady V Well-Known Member

Yes!
    Click to play YouTube Video

I suppose the first rip has already happened before cleaning... I'm too slow...

12. GtrBob

GtrBob Well-Known Member

!! My first good laff o' the day.

13. Could always use a wingnut, err, wing man. :evil:

14. MegaMan2k

This vape is really amazing
    I hate to admit it, but i am definitely more happy with this vape than my mighty.
    really like the fact that i dont have to worry about battery

i was really close to selling my mighty last month and had some offers but i hesitated
    no more shall i hesitate

15. beyond6strings

beyond6strings Just another traveller in the Dynaverse

Yes it is. And versatile too. It's great for flower, and concentrates too.

I just used @Squiby's technique of squishing a Liquid Pad-the kind your Mighty uses-into the shape of the tip and cut it to size for my '18 M. Dropped it in the tip, put some concentrate on top, heated the tip a bit to melt it, put the cap on, and away I went. BTW Goddess Squiby, those are some cute little critters-what do your cats have to say about them?

My M is my favorite for concentrates-better than any other device I've used for that purpose-including ones that were designed specifically for concentrates.

Happy you're happy.

16. Ramahs

Ramahs Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017

You should AWAYS clean EVERY vaporizer before it's first use.

Always, always, always. No ifs, ands, or buts are applicable..

17. MegaMan2k

Oke so i ripped it a few times, should i go and clean it up still before i continue?

18. Dynavaper

Dynavaper Karma Farmer & Dynavap Maniac

No. You should be dead by now. It's too late, sorry mate! ;)
    But seriously: A good cleaning cannot hurt.

19. Or, you will turn into a horny toad. I toad you so.

[​IMG]

Anyway, was so bummed out by my 41% failure at buying on the cheep 40%:20 sale, walla I distracted myself with a small gesture.

China spiral glassware—with air/H2O/glycerine cooling potential. A plus during
    the fire burning daze of Summer.

Gonna be a blazin summer, folks!

[​IMG]

20. Squiby

Squiby Well-Known Member

I would never put a new vaporizer in my mouth and inhale without it being cleaned first.

FIRST USE. Clean your Vapcap before using it to remove any machining residues. To clean your Vapcap before first use, disassemble it by first removing the cap and pulling the tip off the stem. Moisten a Q-Tip with your favorite cleaner and run it around both ends of the tip and through the condenser. Rinse with warm water and leave to dry completely before re-assembling.

Well, they are VERY curious. They don't have any access to them but they know something new is here. Their main response is that they are more demanding of my time. They seem more attention from me and they have become more affectionate.

In short order though the Guineas will be bigger than them. I'm sure they'll be keeping their distance. Guineas travel in a cohesive pack. I think that they are the biker gangs of the fowl world.

21. phattpiggie

phattpiggie Well-Known Member Accessory Maker

@Squiby Guinea Fowl are very tasty and a bit on the noisy side.

47mm of Vapcap joy
    [​IMG]

22. Hackerman

Hackerman The Fool

Sure would love to get an 18mm/19mm wood stem for my VC. Seems everything that's available is 14mm and requires and adapter to fit all my 18mm bongs. :(

23. Mod of a DDave Mod

[​IMG]

24. invertedisdead

invertedisdead trance-form

25. Lady V

Lady V Well-Known Member

Love this mod and the picture! How long is this stem?

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors