1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Dynavap VapCap

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by Fenton Mewley, Jul 21, 2015.

1. Dutch-Mic

Dutch-Mic Well-Known Member

I can only respond from my own experience: I gave you my address, received a XL tube, purple tube, a very practical poker/dab tool and a nice letter. Good stuff! It only saddens me that the Dutch syrup waffles were never delivered to your house!

Back to the Vapcap: it's my favourite vape to use while working at home. I can take a quick hit that gives me the hyperfocus to work without being too much distracted, and the Dynastash ensures me that I don't put the hot cap on the table :tup:

Jill NYC, pxl_jockey, Squiby and 10 others like this.
  2. Megaton

Megaton Well-Known Member

I think this is a great idea! Id be interested for sure!

3. BigJr48

BigJr48 Well-Known Member

Can anyone advise me how to get better airflow?
    Can I replace the screen with a 60 mesh screen?

Helios, Dutch-Mic and Lady V like this.
  4. Winegums

Winegums I make things from wood Accessory Maker

It’s hard to get exta airflow from a vapcap because the main cause of restriction is the fitment between the cap and tip.

pxl_jockey, u812many, stark1 and 5 others like this.
  5. almost there

almost there Well-Known Member

I don't think it's the screen that's making it restrictive but it won't hurt to try. I can think of 2 ways you can get better airflow. You can try adjusting the condenser o ring under the carb to customize air dilution to your liking. I personally never was keen on having too much air mixing in so just a little sliver makes a noticeable difference to me. Your other solution is to try and score a LE 7 fin tip. The air flow on those tips are so open compared to the regular ti tips.

On a different note, anyone else notice the OD of the Ti condenser is slightly smaller than the SS? I love that all those tight spinning mp's I have can now spin freely on the new condensers:wave:

Last edited: May 16, 2018 at 9:20 AM
    Summer, paehtod, pxl_jockey and 6 others like this.
  6. mrb

mrb smoke free me

Inspired by @Lady V I took this last night

[​IMG]

7. Lady V

Lady V Well-Known Member

The weather here is gray but pleasantly warm, so I had a cap session on my balcony and got some snapshots of my omni. Ι can't stop taking pictures of my caps and as I've seen all around the web, everyone love's taking pictures of their caps! I think everybody here agrees (or maybe not) that the vapcaps are just gorgeous!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Awesooooome! Love it!!!! Great lighting work!

banana_republic, Hogni, sag and 17 others like this.
  8. mrb

mrb smoke free me

Thanks, just a laser shone from above.

Yours are stunning again! I hope you are entering the contest this week!! I want to but I haven't been out and about enough to look for the shot I'm after. ( I love photo contests just because they make me go out and shoot with a bit of actual direction)

A couple more I took below. Loving the sandblasted colour against the wood.

[​IMG]
    now with free shipping

9. Lady V

Lady V Well-Known Member

The laser light is genius then! It works perfectly to highlight the whole device while separating it from the black background:clap::clap::clap:

Ι don't think I will enter the competition at all... I'm one of those people that get really stressed with competitions and competitive environments (and of course I chose a competitive line of work :doh::doh::doh:).
    I like posting my snapshots here just because I want to share my love of these devices and I know this is the best audience to do so for!

I do visit the contest gallery to check out all the lovely pics people are uploading.

Your pics look great!!! It's amazing how this thread has resurfaced my love of materials. My dad used to be a carpenter, so I grew up among woodchips and machinery I was yelled at to stay away from. And then my aunt is a jeweler and makes handmade jewelry so I had the chance to play around a bit with some basic tools! I love watching people while they work with metal and wood! I find it absolutely amazing!

Last edited: May 16, 2018 at 10:52 AM
    Hogni, Squiby, Jill NYC and 9 others like this.
  10. beyond6strings

beyond6strings Just another traveller in the Dynaverse

I LOVE your photos, some of my favorites of my beloved Omni XL. I share your distaste for contests-especially as it relates to art. Of any kind. Art is art. Art is not a contest of good or bad, better or best; it's about moving hearts and opening minds. It's about bringing us together, not raising one above the other.

And this is in no way a condemnation of DV's contest. Some great art is created by the motivation a contest provides-it just doesn't motivate me.

For me, watching anyone create anything is absolutely captivating. And very spiritual. I'm not religious but watching something being created somehow captures a moment of someone dipping into the divine.

Whether it's a portrait artist at a sidewalk cafe, a glass blower, someone turning wood or metal on a lathe, someone making strings; it is all somehow very inspiring to me as a human. And it has inspired my music as well.

While I am able to capture whole pieces sometimes, more often than not they are constructed one part at time, over time. The pieces are made, set aside, and then more pieces are made, and quite often 'B'stock discarded. Once all the correct pieces are made to spec it's time to assemble.

I'm hoping to be in the midwest this fall and would definitely try to stop by and see the Dynacrew in action. I think it would be pretty inspiring. And I would totally understand if I had to hand over my phone and sign an NDA for the privilege of doing so.

Happy Day FCers

Squiby, cybrguy, 7oli5 and 3 others like this.
  11. Lady V

Lady V Well-Known Member

Just realized that I'm really hungry, cuz this d!%$face didn't put me off the idea of stroopwafels with ice cream...
    Isn't he a treat? :shit::shit::shit:

Yes! Exactly! Same exact feeling. Couldn't have said it better!

I can get so stressed if in a competitive situation that I get severe anxiety attacks. I love that DV has started this contest though, because it does seem fun and the pics I've seen are amazing. So much beautiful nature!

12. Lady V

Lady V Well-Known Member

Yes! Exactly! Same exact feeling. Couldn't have said it better!

I can get so stressed if in a competitive situation that I get severe anxiety attacks. I love that DV has started this contest though, because it does seem fun and the pics I've seen are amazing. So much beautiful nature!

13. BigJr48

BigJr48 Well-Known Member

I bought my first Dynavap M'18 with a Ti tip and the draw resistance makes it very unpleasant for me to use, reminds me of my OG Arizer Air.

14. Dynavaper

Dynavaper Karma Farmer & Dynavap Maniac

@BigJr48: I wonder - even with the carb hole uncovered?

BigJr48, Squiby and Dutch-Mic like this.
  15. Lady V

Lady V Well-Known Member

Probably a silly question but have you tried the mouth-pull method?

BigJr48, Squiby and Dutch-Mic like this.
  16. pxl_jockey

pxl_jockey Barely-Known Member

@Dutch-Mic thanks man, that was really nice! I just know someone had a work-break snack with those beloved stroopwafels. Those things (especially the real-deal fresh) are the bomb, but tbh the reward is in getting to know/help out a fellow fucker*! I've benefitted so much from the thread & community here... plus the fact you're just a cool cat.

Thanks bro, that's how I try to live and I've honestly had a pretty charmed life. Just too many times I've been the beneficiary of kindness from people literally all over the world. It's crazy to think about but I've had so many moments and connections with strangers that I think humans are basically good & kind.

It's cheesy but true so here's my RL Forest Gump quote: "My mama said she always expected the best out of somebody and mostly folks never let her down." And that's all I got to say about that.

So my plan is to get some XL tubes and fat MPs initially to have on hand and then see what is what! I don't think that George will mind as I'm not selling them, but I will ask him to be sure. I don't want to appear to be undermining european retailers; this will only be for the honest "dang-I-forgot" moments so that the good people can just get on with it.

*of combustion

Megaton, Hogni, BigJr48 and 13 others like this.
  17. Dutch-Mic

Dutch-Mic Well-Known Member

That's strange!

I had a '17 M with a very unpleasant draw resistance (lung pulls hurt my ribs). I assumed something was wrong with it, so a few months later I bought another M (sandblasted) and found out that the tip of the plain '17 M caused the restricted draw resistance. Now my ribs don't hurt anymore with the three tips I use.

Maybe you can contact Dynavap about it?

BigJr48, Drexciya, Helios and 2 others like this.
  18. Dynavaper

Dynavaper Karma Farmer & Dynavap Maniac

@pxl_jockey is the bomb. Just saying. One of the nicest and most lovable persons who I have ever met on- or offline. :)

paehtod, Hogni, BigJr48 and 11 others like this.
  19. MegaMan2k

MegaMan2k Well-Known Member

Word, i was expecting to have to wait a little while before i was able to obtain an adapter for my m
    but pxl totally saved me on that one :D

BigJr48, Drexciya, Squiby and 4 others like this.
  20. cybrguy

cybrguy Patience Rewards

Yeah, I don't think I'll enter the contest. I may throw them a Haiku, however...

Take pics of the cap
    Arranging in pleasing ways
    And then capturing

BigJr48, GtrBob, Helios and 6 others like this.
  21. HughJundys

HughJundys Ben Gurgen Hoffe

I entered the contest though I have no shot, didn't enter to win. I used a smart phone with a less than top notch camera, only very loosely adhered to the rules, AND it's obvious there are a couple pro photographers or enthusiasts in here. I'm not beating them at their shtick any time soon. However if DynaVap ever has a "design our new facility" contest you all are getting dropped.

I wanted to send in my pic just because I bet it's fun for them to get a lot of responses. I know if it were me it would absolutely make my day to see all the photos of my thing out in the wild. I'm really enjoying their product and it's fun to share my fun with them.

paehtod, BigJr48, Dutch-Mic and 4 others like this.
  22. MegaMan2k

Where is this contest held at anyone have a link? xD

BigJr48, Dutch-Mic and Lady V like this.
  23. HughJundys

HughJundys Ben Gurgen Hoffe

Hogni, BigJr48, stark1 and 5 others like this.
  24. Ramahs

Ramahs Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017

Exactly! Couldn't have said it better myself.

I don't have a problem with DV's contest or any specific contest like that, but the truth remains that it's very difficult to judge art as better or worse, as art is always subjective.

25. MegaMan2k

Maybe a more lottery style system would make people happier :D ...

Anyway, pretty cool pictures in there, i like the one high up in the mountains :D

BigJr48, Dutch-Mic and Lady V like this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors