1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Dynavap VapCap

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by Fenton Mewley, Jul 21, 2015.

1. Squiby

Squiby Well-Known Member

If you cover the air intake hole as you draw, you will have much better luck if you take a mouthpull as opposed to drawing vapor directly into your lungs and trying to pull the vapor as you inhale.

Imagine drawing liquid through a straw into your mouth. That is a mouthpull. Draw the vapor into your mouth using mouth suction with your finger on the air intake hole. As you finish your draw, remove your finger from the air intake and inhale cool fresh air mixed with the vapor from your mouth. You can mix it up by feathering the air intake to create your personal technique. Mouthpulling creates wonderful vapor and the resistance is an asset.

That said, the new generation titanium tips offer the least resistance although the M18 tip performs better than the 17 model.

You can create even less resistance by carving out some divets on the top edge of your M tip to match the exterior channels of the tip. A small file will do the job nicely.

@cybrguy You are the absolute Haiku King!!! How many Haikus do you imagine you have spun around the Vapcap?

Last edited: May 16, 2018 at 3:58 PM
  2. VanCough

VanCough Environmentalist

Elaborate, I’m interested now. Are you an architect?

3. Lady V

Lady V Well-Known Member

I don't think anyone is unhappy with the DV contest, I think it's just a general talk about art and competitions. To the contrary, I think everyone is happy with the chance to get some cool free dynastuff!

Just replying because I feel I kinda sparked this conversation.

4. VanCough

VanCough Environmentalist

Here’s my haiku that I couldn’t enter into the last competition due to some truly stupid rules (in my opinion):

Deep rich scent of wood

Twirl and heat until the click(s)

Vapor falls... heals, calms.

5. Agent_Age

Agent_Age Well-Known Member

I have both but I use the ddave mod for my dbv so I get pretty good thick vapour hits from it but I find the vap cap give me a heavier high but is harsher on the throat.

So if I have a cold I generally fire up the dbv for cooler hits but find I can get more effects from the same amount of weed from my vap cap

6. Dynavaper

Dynavaper Karma Farmer & Dynavap Maniac

My sincere apologies if that has been mentioned already somewhere in this thread, but has anyone of you ever tried an alcohol lamp as heat source for the Vapcap? I could imagine that it works quite well, but I am sure that somebody has tried it already... Thanks in advance for any insight! :)

Something like this here for example:

[​IMG]

7. pxl_jockey

pxl_jockey Barely-Known Member

As in most things vapcap, @Squiby my sweetheart up on a mountain.

EDIT: @Squiby isn't this correct? Didn't you do this and reported your findings? Or am I falsely attributing this experiment to you? Maybe it was someone else and in that case, I'm sorry to whoever. I should :zzz: and let the grownups sort this matter. I'm actually 5 yo, emotionally.

My only (questionable?) contribution to this grownup discussion is that IME, the humble chemistry set alcohol lamp should be treated with respect. If not in a stand of some sort, care must be taken because if accidentally knocked over, things can get crazy quickly. It's a clear liquid obviously and if spilt whilst burning it just goes everywhere... it's like knocking over a small glass of milk and it suddenly looks like a whole jug!
    I only mention here because, well... we're a bunch of stoners getting high with the :evil::leaf: and shit gets bumped sometimes because weed. It happens. At least in my pixelated world; perhaps everyone else in the Dynaverse becomes more graceful and acutely aware when lifted?! :tup:

I hope everyone out there has a vapcap experience in their immediate future! :peace:

Last edited: May 16, 2018 at 7:09 PM
  8. cybrguy

cybrguy Patience Rewards

I think an alcohol flame would be a little hotter than a candle, and have less potential for soot. I wouldn't be surprised if they decided to carry one, because...

Dynavap is wise
    They seem to know what we want
    Long before we do

;)

Edit: wise/smart

Last edited: May 16, 2018 at 7:26 PM
  9. VaporWare

VaporWare Well-Known Member

I’ve been slowly reading the thread from the beginning, and alcohol burners came up early on as a heat source. I don’t know if they take longer to heat or have other drawbacks, but it doesn’t seem like they got a lot of love.

If enough people wanted them Dynavap might sell them, but at the moment it seems like the few who are into them are picking them up from other places (or already had them).

10. HughJundys

HughJundys Ben Gurgen Hoffe

An update on this.

I got in two more TI XL condensers with one ti spinning mouthpiece and one cocobolo spinning mouthpiece.

They both came in XL tubes, cool didn't have any of those.

Right away I noticed these mouthpieces spun way better than my Chakte kok one I purchased from a FC vendor. The condenser I had it on is from the 420 sale and is Ti too.

I took all of the parts apart. I tried all of the mouthpieces on all of the condensers. Verdict:The ti and cocobolo mouth pieces spin freely on all three condensers. The Chakte kok mouthpiece experiences friction you can feel on two of the condensers. On one of the condensers it feels great similar to how the other two mouthpieces spin. So easy solution for me is to put the Chakte kok on that one condenser. No we have the spins. :rofl:

[​IMG]

I was disappointed the cocobolo has very little color variation. Doesn't look half as good as the one on the website or others I've seen in vids. If I was walking up to it to grab it I'd think it was walnut. Just the luck of the draw. This is where I wish there was a storefront here in Vegas so I could pick out the exact one I wanted, be worth extra money to me. This one I'll give away. I really like the color of the Chakte kok. I may just get another.

11. bizwaxzion

bizwaxzion Enigmatic Cannabist

Filed my 18M SS tip today. No longer a need for a carb - so that's blocked with the front x-ring.

12. Squiby

Squiby Well-Known Member

I've never tried an Alcohol burner only cause I don't have one.

I have been busy as stink these last few days. I have 52 Guinea Keets. They were hatched on Monday and already they have doubled in size!! It's an insanity!!! I haven't polo any so far and they all seem healthy and calm. Or maybe that's just me chillin with the chicks. Vapcaping and caring for baby animals is a very pleasant way to spend the day.

Dynavap has certainly grown but way back when you could request something specific and they would send pics of what they had that met your description and you could pick it. I still think that you can make requests when you place an order in the notes section. On your next order just let them know that you would like a mp with variation and they will do their best to accomodate.

stardustsailor, sag, DirtyD and 7 others like this.
  13. freddiegibbs

freddiegibbs Active Member

Accidentally combusted and afterwards my cap seemed to fit a lot more snug. Now the magnet on my Dynastash doesn't pull it off :(

DirtyD likes this.
  14. ClearBlueLou

ClearBlueLou unbearably light in the being....

I’m really sorry it went rough for you. Hope I don’t sound defensive if I say, that doesn’t sound like them to me. But until you get acceptable response, you’ll be raw. I would be.

stardustsailor and Dutch-Mic like this.
  15. Summer

Summer Well-Known Member

What do you do with them. I googled & it said that, "they eat bugs, discourage snakes, act as an alarm system, lay lots of eggs and can provide a substantial amount of meat." And I'm sure many sell them.

16. cybrguy

cybrguy Patience Rewards

Not to worry. That was 40 pages ago. He's converted now... :borg:

17. Summer

Summer Well-Known Member

This is why I use the ss tip through water.

Try it without the condenser & see what you think.

18. Radamisto

Radamisto Member

And I thought I was one of the few with "strange" hobbies. I hatch and raise my own quail and always feel like the papa of a whole flock. It is one of the most rewarding hobbies I ever took up!

Btw: The bedding you see in the stall is hemp! It smells faintly and pleasantly of soap, is sustainable, regional and easy to compost. I love it!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 17, 2018 at 3:14 AM
  19. Mr.Sifter

Mr.Sifter Well-Known Member

ah, you kind animal friendly bunch of vapcapper humans.
    you are so nice.
    Good to get to "know you" little by little.
    the vapcap is only the catalysator

20. KidFated.

KidFated. We Don't Even Live Here..

I stopped heating to the click on my first hit.. and second.. and I’m zoooooooonin..

21. Mr.Sifter

Mr.Sifter Well-Known Member

Did I miss the topic on the dynafeed today ?
    what is it ?

only the Photo contest ?

stardustsailor, BigJr48 and Lady V like this.
  22. stark1

stark1 Busta Busta

You lucky ppl with your new Spring chicks! We only have 4 ole pesky hens left.

They are kinda like pets now—alwAys lookin for a hand out.

They think I am queer, putting that :spliff:
    Stick in my mouth. Cocking their heads, stareing...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 17, 2018 at 11:27 AM
  23. Slappy Joe

Slappy Joe Member

this should help. It starts at the time of the vid relevant to your problem.
    Click to play YouTube Video

24. Slappy Joe

Slappy Joe Member

Yeah, I think so. George is in Vegas so no cast.

25. DirtyD

DirtyD Well-Known Member

Awesome!!!!!! That is the coolest shit ever , not joking either. And Cheers too! D.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors