beyond6strings

Just another traveller in the Cannaverse
Has there been any news about the Dynavap official induction heater since 4/20? Work has picked up a lot and haven't been able to keep up with the Dynavap live shows or even this thread so I have no idea if there have been any developments on it.

It's out in very small numbers, like a handful, of Alpha-testers. A bit wider net will be thrown with Beta-testing following that. I'm beginning to think my earlier guess of July 4th a bit optimistic.

The last concrete thing George said was sometime between "now and September" at a DV Live in April but well before the 4/20 broadcast.

kushkush

happy camper....
The problem with making a larger tip and cap is that the ratio of surface area to volume starts to change, as well as the distance from the heat source (the walls of the tip) to the centre of the material. Even with the current size of tip and slow heating I run into the issue of my load near the walls of the tip get roasted first and the centre of the load is still fairly green. Perhaps it's my method of heating but I can only see this effect getting more pronounced as the diameter of the tip increases.

Something I've thought of is a vapcap with a spike or column down the centre of the tip or cap which displaces the load to the outer walls and makes for a more even cooking. This would make a larger tip possible and get around this issue.

I find the same thing happening. I’m using just the IH which probably explains why the bud at the far end of the cap gets darker than the rest, because it’s touching the heat more directly in that spot. A tan color at the end but a little green in the middle of the cap. In my case I don’t fear combusting because it doesn’t come close, but I have happily found out that I can get more sessions out of one tip-full of bud than I thought, and that 4th session gives out some great vapor. I’ll probably try a 5th session soon to see what happens. I’m speaking here of the Ti tip/Cap I just recieved with my new OmniVong from the sale.

I’m totally blown away by how many vapor-full sessions I can get from the very smallest amount of bud. I would call the amount of bud a thimble-full. (Wish I could find a thimble around here somewhere to measure it for sure.) :)

:2c:

Last edited:

Dynalowrider

The disks are made up of two different sheets of metal with different expansion rates bonded together. A concave dent is formed in the disks at the same temperature. The inner metal expands faster, (or vice-versa), and causes the disk to click flatter because the other metal is trying to hold it from doing so. You have temperature limit switches in your home furnace, using this same disk action to open or close a switch.
Just different metals for different temperatures.
In the VC you are just using the click. Doc

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
I personally have never had this issue. Sometimes I have trouble keeping the heat level where I want it, but it is always even
I use a hot single flame near the bottom of the cap then switch to the middle of the cap for the follow up cycle. This means that I get a lot of conduction happening on the outside and the convection simply does not cook the middle as much.

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
Hello Everybody! I've been watching without much to contribute lately but I just have to say something about all the beautiful kitties cause my heart is just a puddle! I'm an animal lover deluxe so of course loving the pictures, better still imo are the stories and info about them. Such a great combo of heartwarming and LOL funny! I'm so grateful that this thread is the way it is. I'm grateful that @stark1 makes me LOL so often... It's a bullet train with so many great contributions from all over that makes it so entertaining.

I'm so glad George popped by to reassure those who don't know how DV rolls. I don't want to sound like I'm bragging or showboating but having talked with the man many times* I know that he indeed does care about each VC customers experience. That attitude is passed on to everyone else at DV. "Retail" Joe told me he feels a personal responsibility to us, he's the customers advocate. Only a company that cares about their peeps creates a position and culture like that!

Completely OT, but a few have reached out to ask (thanks!) and I'm lazy :D so please ignore and move along if you don't care. About a week or so I had a lymph node swell on my neck; my immune system is chronically jacked up and I've had more lymph node biopsies and surgeries than I can count. But 15 yrs ago, one swelled up and exploded in my neck requiring emergency surgery before its contents killed me and they're more concerned. So I'm on crazy antibiotics and sleeping too much lately! It's responding well so hopefully no scalpel will be required. If health permits, I'm definitely going to London-town to meet George & everyone else who might be there!

Hey Doc! You still getting your walk on? Been thinking of you, hoping the progress continues!

* I call them every night to talk with George before going to sleep, about closing time at DV HQ's CST. They did eventually ask me to stop doing this. But they were so darn nice about it that I plan to continue until I see some formal cease-and-desist paperwork. :haw:

Mr.Sifter

The vapcap is magic.
More than the added up sum of materials.
There must be love inside.
It can treat me well.
It can destroy me.
It can make me smile.
It can make me feel like dying.
I wish i would live as a cat's servant.
They would come and tell me everything is gonna be altight.....
(As long as you open that fuckin' can of cat food for me)

ap13

It's out in very small numbers, like a handful, of Alpha-testers. A bit wider net will be thrown with Beta-testing following that. I'm beginning to think my earlier guess of July 4th a bit optimistic.

The last concrete thing George said was sometime between "now and September" at a DV Live in April but well before the 4/20 broadcast.

Cheers for the info - I'd be happy if it was out by September. Will take the already brilliant vapcap to the next level for sure!

Squiby

In honor of May 8th, the official Vapcap Cat Day.

Caleb with his buddy Pickles. Pickles is a stray tabby that came to live with us a couple of years ago. He showed up in the Spring and hung out on my porch while going next door to terrorize my neighbours outdoor cats. He stayed around and although skinny to begin with proceeded to get even skinnier. When I realized he wasn't going away and wasn't getting enough to eat, I started feeding him. Well, he made his way into my heart. So I got him neutered and he has lived with us ever since. He is incredibly affectionate and sweet and is very respectful to Caleb, who is clearly in charge of the household and doesn't give my stash or my VapCaps a second look.

He has since made friends with the cats next door. They're buddies now.

xxMsxan.jpg

I’m totally blown away by how many vapor-full sessions I can get from the very smallest amount of bud. I would call the amount of bud a thimble-full. (Wish I could find a thimble around here somewhere to measure it for sure.) :)
I bet it's less than a thimbles worth. I have a thimble and it fits over my index finger not quite to the first knuckle. I couldn't vape that much in a day. But I'm a lightweight and vape little nugs that I rip off from unground flowers. That nug bounces around in the chamber and is always very evenly colored. If I were to vape more, I think I would prefer a couple of small loads to a packed one and I think I get more bang for the buck this way. Every couple hours I load a tiny bit and vape it till it produces vapor no more.

I love how the simple Vapcap effectively accommodates so many diverse styles.

Copacetic

Somewhere North of The Wall

* I call them every night to talk with George before going to sleep, about closing time at DV HQ's CST. They did eventually ask me to stop doing this. But they were so darn nice about it that I plan to continue until I see some formal cease-and-desist paperwork. :haw:

LOL!
Wait, is this why I have such trouble getting through to them every evening?

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
I'm loving this! Not sure why these pictures make me feel so happy?! Kitty Magick?!

George is such a nice guy, and he honestly (for real!) has told me that any company is quite literally nothing without its customers. I was kinda shocked when he said it; it's true but not something you hear people saying these days. When you have some basic guiding principles like that, good things happen.
I've been in the general area of DV back in 90-91 for some Dead shows and the lasting impression I have of the people throughout that area was one of genuine kindness and generosity of spirit. So nice.

I don't have a pig snout accessory like Mr. PP, but if I managed to get a pic with George, I would be very tempted indeed to post it here! The street cred alone might be worth the risk.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I'm loving this! Not sure why these pictures make me feel so happy?! Kitty Magick?!
Never doubt the power of Kitty Magic. There is a reason many cultures, especially the Egyptians, deified and worshiped them. They are smart and wise.
This is Olivia who lives on the lock screen of my phone (and at my friends house).
9zIpnak.png

hBuKhyh.jpg

She was a rescue cat living in a barn, and the person who rescued her said she would never warm up to people. She turned out to be one of the most affectionate cats I have even known.

Last edited:

Dutch-Mic

Hello Everybody! I've been watching without much to contribute lately but I just have to say something about all the beautiful kitties cause my heart is just a puddle! I'm an animal lover deluxe so of course loving the pictures, better still imo are the stories and info about them. Such a great combo of heartwarming and LOL funny! I'm so grateful that this thread is the way it is. I'm grateful that @stark1 makes me LOL so often... It's a bullet train with so many great contributions from all over that makes it so entertaining.

I'm so glad George popped by to reassure those who don't know how DV rolls. I don't want to sound like I'm bragging or showboating but having talked with the man many times* I know that he indeed does care about each VC customers experience. That attitude is passed on to everyone else at DV. "Retail" Joe told me he feels a personal responsibility to us, he's the customers advocate. Only a company that cares about their peeps creates a position and culture like that!

Completely OT, but a few have reached out to ask (thanks!) and I'm lazy :D so please ignore and move along if you don't care. About a week or so I had a lymph node swell on my neck; my immune system is chronically jacked up and I've had more lymph node biopsies and surgeries than I can count. But 15 yrs ago, one swelled up and exploded in my neck requiring emergency surgery before its contents killed me and they're more concerned. So I'm on crazy antibiotics and sleeping too much lately! It's responding well so hopefully no scalpel will be required. If health permits, I'm definitely going to London-town to meet George & everyone else who might be there!

Hey Doc! You still getting your walk on? Been thinking of you, hoping the progress continues!

Glad to read something from you! I hope that you can visit the Dynacrew when they are in the UK....and that you won't get a restraining order :razz: :peace:

@olivianewtonjohn I never stir, but it isn't necessary with the small loads I use.

Top Bottom