VanCough

Environmentalist
I did speak to George back in June of last year and he mentioned he was trying to come up with an improved cap design. So maybe in the future we will see some innovation on that front?

I know the cap works as intended and does it well. But in my opinion its build quality is not up to the standard of the other components that make up a vapcap. When you consider that the main functional components of a vapcap are the tip and the cap, and then you consider how many iterations of tips we’ve seen, the humble cap is definitely due an upgrade.

I would like to see aesthetic improvements in its design, preferably thicker metal with rounded/bevelled edges.

However, I understand this would change the thermodynamics and I wouldn’t want Dynavap to sacrifice the amazing function the cap currently has.

Which I’m sure is why George is in no rush and will take his time to make sure if/when a new cap is unveiled it hits as good, if not better, than the current gen.

stark1

Lonesome Planet
I did speak to George back in June of last year and he mentioned he was trying to come up with an improved cap design. So maybe in the future we will see some innovation on that front?

I know the cap works as intended and does it well. But in my opinion its build quality is not up to the standard of the other components that make up a vapcap. When you consider that the main functional components of a vapcap are the tip and the cap, and then you consider how many iterations of tips we’ve seen, the humble cap is definitely due an upgrade.

I would like to see aesthetic improvements in its design, preferably thicker metal with rounded/bevelled edges.

However, I understand this would change the thermodynamics and I wouldn’t want Dynavap to sacrifice the amazing function the cap currently has.

Which I’m sure is why George is in no rush and will take his time to make sure if/when a new cap is unveiled it hits as good, if not better, than the current gen.

We may be in for a surprise...

LabPong

From "consideration" to "fruition".... ;)

Challenge Accepted.... :nod:

Like this?

kMUGTZA.jpg

yh81ZpO.jpg

goYP19A.jpg

tT6NOGe.jpg

And Finally, try this with your 14mm pieces!!!!
Let's play Hide the VapCap Water Wand!

tXSYiiX.jpg

(Yes, it fits all the way inside and the DynaStash closes.)

:rockon:

Rockin it out of the park Dave!!! That is what I have been waiting for since I got my vapcaps... :tup:

When will they be on your site to purchase?

stark1

Lonesome Planet
good question.
I noticed that I get less cycles with a reduced chamber size.
Its easy to combust when you have a Ti tip on the smallest setting and aim for the lower end of the tip,.... at least for me.

medium setting and all is good.

Combust? What is that? :hmm:

Rarely combust these days— of course it helps to have an IH to click a round. :evil:

Last edited:
I used the Ti tip at the smallest setting my first night and definitely almost combusted. The ABV was very very dark and the smell/taste was borderline smoky. Good to know that's more common in that configuration, I won't push past the click at all. On a related note, I intended on micro dosing and ended up halfway into orbit. Bit of a learning curve on this baby, huh?

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
any dynastach DIY idea someone made?
@Winegums has some beautiful wood pieces on Etsy and if you do a search on Etsy under Dynavap you'll usually find at least one or two 3D printed Dynatashes.
There's been a few that I've seen, rectangular cases like the Dynastash, My cases, 3D printed designs, Altoid tins and more that usually hold two items. Either a Vapcap and a lighter or a Vapcap and Herb storage.

I've also seen leather pouches from @Ratchett, tubes from @phattpiggie, and more from others on this forum and reddit. Things like water proof aluminum storage tubes for camping or cigar storage tubes make good options as well.

I have a design that holds all three that I'll be making for a Custom order, but I don't plan to revisit making these cases for a while. They require careful hand fitting and are time consuming to make, with the triple bay being the most complex. Like I said in my thread, if anyone wants a triple bay this is probably the last call for a while.

I have quite a few double bay cases in stock of both sizes and some regular size parts kits waiting for assembly.

xlNbCF3.jpg

Anyone had any emails from Dynavap recently? Are they still in their dark period?

Last edited:

Likun

good question.
Its easy to combust when you have a Ti tip on the smallest setting and aim for the lower end of the tip,.... at least for me.

I really find this hard to understand?
I'm using my ti tip at the smallest setting and even heating the cap at the lowest point with my single flame aomai lighter never lead to combustion as long as I respect the click. The bud gets very dark but never to combustion.

almost there

good question.

Does this happen with all your caps? As @stardustsailor mentioned not all caps are created equal. I have a few caps that are very responsive and I get nice color spent material no matter where I heat. I have a few newer caps that will only allow 2 heat cycles if I heat at the base. By the end of the 2nd cycle the material is almost black. These days I have to be careful about which cap does what.

condor020

Does this happen with all your caps? As @stardustsailor mentioned not all caps are created equal. I have a few caps that are very responsive and I get nice color spent material no matter where I heat. I have a few newer caps that will only allow 2 heat cycles if I heat at the base. By the end of the 2nd cycle the material is almost black. These days I have to be careful about which cap does what.

Do you think it have to do with the lenght of use of the cap or more of the conception that made some with different resistance?

almost there

Do you think it have to do with the lenght of use of the cap or more of the conception that made some with different resistance?
I think it's more cap specific, at least from my observations. The newest caps I received from the 420 order are pretty normal meaning it's somewhat in between. The caps I got from the winter flash sale clicks at higher temps and take much longer to cool down, I consider those my high temp concentrates caps.

stardustsailor

Accessory Maker
I think it's more cap specific, at least from my observations. The newest caps I received from the 420 order are pretty normal meaning it's somewhat in between. The caps I got from the winter flash sale clicks at higher temps and take much longer to cool down, I consider those my high temp concentrates caps.

So ,those "stubborn" "concentrates caps " ,do not get a bit more responsive after some usage ?
No ?

greenwizardhc

Hey legends. I took advantage of the 420 sales and got my self a M kit (with a speedy delivery mind you). I couldnt resist. Ive been keeping an eye on them and finally all the timing was right for me to be in a position to purchase one. Wow. This thing is a beast. So effective, functional, you know the rest......

Big ups to DV. Huge effort. I got into them, i assume at the start of the OG period. I contacted George to see if i could review the OG on my IG page. He agreed and sent me a pack. Unfortunately, due to my clumsy nature, the OGs broke. I got some solid use out of them before they smashed and i was amazed and hooked. It worked perfectly once you got a technique and used it as per instructions with some very minor tweeks.
I let him know as soon as they broke and he replied with (not quote, based off memory) "we are aware they are fragile, we have plans for future models and they are very very durable, sorry they broke. If you have any further details you wish to discuss don't hesitate to touch base"

I was happy with that response (i didn't respond as life got in the way), it made 100% sense at the time and look at us now!!!

Although my plans of the review for my IG page fell through, i loved everything about DV and still do. I'm currently saving for a couple more caps and some upgrades.

Now I'm back on the VC, id like to introduce myself and say thank you in advance to the knowledge you give that i happen to come across past, present and future.

Also, @DDave hope you're doing well. Sorry i didn't reply since your last email. i tried finding it the other day in my inbox without success. The fishing comp went well, i lost a trophy fish (1m+ Aust. Kingfish) in horrible conditions right next to the boat. The 25 minute battle was something i will never forget. This year i will have my VC for those testing moments :D - You will be stoked to know my EQ is still chugging along equipped with your 14mm wand kit. I must say though, since receiving the VC i have put the EQ away for a rest! That mod kit though..... Game changer.

I will do my best to remember to check in here often, i have not used a forum since 07 so it may take some adapting.

Thanks for having me.

Last edited:

almost there

@stardustsailor not as far as I can tell. I keep them in circulation because of how they fit on certain tips. I can usually identify them because they have a ridge that runs parallel to the base of the cap but I don't always look. Some other caps have these ridges but the high temp caps I have the ridge is located higher up the cap

For those folks that like 1 hit extractions these caps are right up your alley. Using a single torch heat low for 2-3 secs, pause for 1-2secs, heat till click and bam! Full extraction and dark even spent material, your glass will fill up like you combusted.

Last edited:

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
Rockin it out of the park Dave!!! That is what I have been waiting for since I got my vapcaps... :tup:

When will they be on your site to purchase?
Greetings @LabPong
Batch is on order. The 14mm male joint is custom sized, so takes my glass guy a bit longer to make each.
Hoping a couple weeks time to receive stock.

if you like, email me at ddavemod@gmail.com and I'll ensure you get an email once they're available.

Thanks!
DDave

Top Bottom