Vaporware

For a little trip back to on-topic land, I have an Omnivap XL now and I like it even more than I expected to!

I think the biggest issues I have with it right now are that the airflow can be a bit more restrictive than I’d prefer, and the Dynastash magnets don’t always hold well enough to pull the stem out of the cap, but considering everything it gets right I’m impressed.

I think the conduction element makes it more relaxing/sleep inducing for me than a full convection, so it’s getting more use at home and not just as a portable option.

Love Ozzy Shepherds, and Blue Healers too.

Oz seems to have their dogs down... :p

I love ‘em too! We have two Australian Shepherds and my girlfriend’s family has had them for a long time too. I have to point out though, despite the name they’re an American breed. :)

Squiby

vkLwNYU.jpg

She's a beauty!

New Dynavap Live teaser up. Titanium condensers. I can't think of a single reason why I need a titanium condenser. I desperately want one.
George is a wizard and magically controls our desires. Whatever he comes up with, we all want one....or two.

Squiby

I have an Omnivap XL. I think the conduction element makes it more relaxing/sleep inducing for me than a full convection, so it’s getting more use at home and not just as a portable option.

I think you can increase the convection/conduction ratio by fully closing the condenser and mouthpulling the vapor. This forces more vapor from the heated air that travels under the cap tip channels and through the bud as opposed to just baking it in the chamber and pulling that vapor from the vacuum created from the air port.

I'm a Sativa girl and vape Landrace Sativas throughout the day for uplifting energy and this is how I use my daytime Vapcaps. Also a nice Sativa concentrate seems to bring a higher energy than bud of the same strain.

Tronzo669

Hello again everyone!
Today is an exceptionally beautiful day here in Montreal,around 20 degrees C, gorgeous blue sky and sun, basically the first actual nice day we've seen this spring.
I however, have been blatantly ignoring the sun all day to stay inside and check my mailbox every hour on the hour. why? Because I looked at my tracking this morning and not only my DV order, but also my torch were both out for delivery! I got a knock on the door at around 1130 and I knew it had to be the mailman. He had a rather large box with him, I was a little confused at the size but then realized this was the torch, since I ordered a can of xikar butane with it they bubble wrapped the hell out of it.
Torch was a little finicky on the first tank but seems to have broken in nicely now and is lighting more or less on every button click.
I asked the mailman if he had another package for me, he said no, but assured me that if it was a smaller package, it would be delivered in a few hours with the regular lettermail.

So I waited some more, started watching freaks and geeks to pass the time, forgot how much I love that show.went down to check at 12:30... Still nothing.
I had been conserving the last of my bud since the weekend in anticipation of my Ms arrival and was down to one last nug of death bubba, roughly a gram or a little less.
After a couple more episodes of Fs&Gs, took another trip down stairs to check the mailbox.... Noticed some paper peeking through the little grate on the front, felt my heart literally skip a beat as I turned the key to open it up....... Aaaaaaaaaaand voila! My vapcap had finally arrived!
once I took it upstairs and tore into the envelope, I realized that aside from the 2018 m and screens I had paid for, I also had a maintenance kit thrown in for free! I remember seeing a banner for free maintenance kit with 2018m purchase while I was making the order but never saw the kit in my cart so assumed it was just a fluke, I was gonna order all this stuff separately from somewhere in Canada but now I don't have to!
Thanks George and the whole DV team for turning a long shipping time into an experience worth waiting for!!:tup::clap:
As for the device itself, everything arrived squeaky clean from what I could see, no issues with cap fitment either. I did notice some very light machining scratches on the very end of the body but not even on a visible part of the body, literally on the ledge that you press the tip into, so complete non issue performance wise or cosmetically, just something I noticed while carefully inspecting everything. Other than that minor microdetail, fit and finish were flawless right out of the package.
I decided to give the condenser and tip a quick little bath anyway just to be 100% sure there was no machine oil residue or any thing in the air path, so I took one of the extra doob toobs and filled it about 60/40 hot water/iso, took the condenser out and removed the orings and popped the tip and condenser in, closed the cap and gave it a good shake for about 2 minutes. once I had everything rinsed, dried and re assembled I was just jonezin for a good cap. I used the suction method to pack my bowl, this was natural to me as I usually do the same thing to clean up spilled bud when rolling a joint.
I'm extremely pleased to report that my first experience as a full on vap cap owner was even better than just trying one (which I posted about a few pages ago). I ended up going through 4 caps and feeling like a modern day update to the Bob narley classic jam.:
"I vape 2 caps in the morning, vape 2 caps at night,
vape 2 caps in the afternoon. It makes me feel alright,
I vape 2 caps in time of peace and 2 in time of war,
I vape 2 caps before I vape 2 caps, and then I vape 2 more :cool::cool::cool:
Best of all I still have enough left for another few caps later!
I might have to forget about women for a while, I think I'm in love.

Last edited:

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
Good eye friend! They are 120mm in length.
Considering shorter versions already. ;)
From "consideration" to "fruition".... ;)
step up to the challenge. :cool:
Challenge Accepted.... :nod:
I would get one or two if they were about 80-85mm long. They look much longer than that in the pics?
Like this?

kMUGTZA.jpg

yh81ZpO.jpg

goYP19A.jpg

tT6NOGe.jpg

And Finally, try this with your 14mm pieces!!!!
Let's play Hide the VapCap Water Wand!

tXSYiiX.jpg

(Yes, it fits all the way inside and the DynaStash closes.)

:rockon:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I have to point out though, despite the name they’re an American breed. :)
I never new that. How interesting. I just think they are beautiful, and usually very sweet.

Heelers are Austrailian tho.

It will be interesting to see what the advantage may be to a Ti condenser, other than being Ti throughout in principle. I ordered a couple condensers (one standard one XL) on 420 so there will need to be an advantage for me to get one. Probably... ;)

chris 71

i just discovered something new with my dynavap , and i love it even more now :D . just want to know if anybody eles has tried this ? and if not try it out !! .

ok so my fav way to use the vapcap is the mouth to lung pull . i find it most closely mimics the smoking of a joint , which was my normal way of using cannabis for a long ,long time . if you do the mouth to lung pull just right , with the right heating of the cap , and then the right speed of filling the mouth with vapor ( slow and long suction ) .
you can get a very concentrated mouth full of vapor :haw: .

but here is what i just discovered . if you push the vapor out of your mouth and inhale through the nose at the same time , the taste is combined with the smell and the overall experience of tasting the vapor is magnified greatly . its just soooo damn goood :love: wow !!

mrb

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Still waiting on my first Omni condenser, In anticipation of it's arrival, I made a couple more titanium bodies today. . . both the same. Did I once see mention of a thread around here to sell DV parts? I rarely stray from this thread on the FC website . .

Last edited:

almost there

Still waiting on my first Omni condenser, In anticipation of it's arrival, I made a couple more titanium bodies today. . . both the same. Did I once see mention of a thread around here to sell DV parts? I rarely stray from this thread on the FC website . .

That is very pretty, very pretty indeed :nod:. That might have been me that was fishing for volunteers to spearhead this endeavor. On since we’re on the topic what do you have planned for the second ti body you made?:D

DirtyD

Hello Everybody! I've been watching without much to contribute lately but I just have to say something about all the beautiful kitties cause my heart is just a puddle! I'm an animal lover deluxe so of course loving the pictures, better still imo are the stories and info about them. Such a great combo of heartwarming and LOL funny! I'm so grateful that this thread is the way it is. I'm grateful that @stark1 makes me LOL so often... It's a bullet train with so many great contributions from all over that makes it so entertaining.

I'm so glad George popped by to reassure those who don't know how DV rolls. I don't want to sound like I'm bragging or showboating but having talked with the man many times* I know that he indeed does care about each VC customers experience. That attitude is passed on to everyone else at DV. "Retail" Joe told me he feels a personal responsibility to us, he's the customers advocate. Only a company that cares about their peeps creates a position and culture like that!

Completely OT, but a few have reached out to ask (thanks!) and I'm lazy :D so please ignore and move along if you don't care. About a week or so I had a lymph node swell on my neck; my immune system is chronically jacked up and I've had more lymph node biopsies and surgeries than I can count. But 15 yrs ago, one swelled up and exploded in my neck requiring emergency surgery before its contents killed me and they're more concerned. So I'm on crazy antibiotics and sleeping too much lately! It's responding well so hopefully no scalpel will be required. If health permits, I'm definitely going to London-town to meet George & everyone else who might be there!

Hey Doc! You still getting your walk on? Been thinking of you, hoping the progress continues!

* I call them every night to talk with George before going to sleep, about closing time at DV HQ's CST. They did eventually ask me to stop doing this. But they were so darn nice about it that I plan to continue until I see some formal cease-and-desist paperwork. :haw:
Hope you feel better! Cheers, D

Tronzo669

but here is what i just discovered . if you push the vapor out of your mouth and inhale through the nose at the same time , the taste is combined with the smell and the overall experience of tasting the vapor is magnified greatly . its just soooo damn goood :love: wow !!
If you're talking about what I think you are, I've been using that technique for my ecigs for ages, ever since ejuice started costing 25-30 bucks and up for a small bottle. when I find a flavour I really like Ifrench inhale like you described as much as possible, exhale through the mouth and inhale through the nose kind of at the same time, it's almost like you get every hit twice! Gonna try that with my next cap!
EDIT:Also, I discovered a super effective way to speed up cool down time and have somewhat of a magnetic stand for those who don't have a dynamag or launch pad or dynastash, or just if you're on the go somewhere without those things for those that do have them.
if you have a 4 piece metal grinder(mine is a sharpstone brand, but most 4 pieces work similarly), flip the second portion( the bottom of the grindy part with the teeth) upside down without the top on and place your VC in the center of the sifter plate. It definitely won't be strong enough to pull off your cap, but it will be plenty strong enough to stand your device upright and the plate being metal helps speed up that cool down without any adverse effects to the VC or the grinder. Only minor side effect was a tiny bit of keef sticking to the outside of the top of the cap :p no biggy.
Obviously any dynastash, launch pad or similiar after market product that's designed for this purpose will be a much nicer looking and much more functional solution, but for newbz like me who are still waiting for another paycheck to drop more money on DVAS, this will get at least part of the job done :tup:

Last edited:

Vaporware

I think you can increase the convection/conduction ratio by fully closing the condenser and mouthpulling the vapor. This forces more vapor from the heated air that travels under the cap tip channels and through the bud as opposed to just baking it in the chamber and pulling that vapor from the vacuum created from the air port.

I'm a Sativa girl and vape Landrace Sativas throughout the day for uplifting energy and this is how I use my daytime Vapcaps. Also a nice Sativa concentrate seems to bring a higher energy than bud of the same strain.

Thanks for the tip! I do like more conduction at night, but I also dislike a lot of restriction (got too used to the wide open FlowerPot I guess)...maybe if I can get used to the mouth to lung technique I can close it down more, but even what I’m getting now with the airflow more open is good. :)

stardustsailor

Accessory Maker
Ti condensers are available from Dynavap !

- More taste & aroma .Quite a few people will notice the difference in aroma/taste of vapor ,
between the stainless steel and titanium condensers .

- Less reclaim oil. A Ti condenser is heated more quickly / easier than a SS condenser,due to having almost half the mass.That means less condensed resin/oils ( Reclaim ) from vapor.
Also Ti is easier to clean than SS.

- Even more lightweight VC units .Half the weight (mass ) than a SS condenser.

-Purity .More than 80% of the VC metal parts now can be of 100% inert Titanium Grade 2
( mp,stem/body,condenser,CCD and tip ).
Only the cap now is ( still ? ) made out of SS .

Cheers.

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
Thank you thank you @stardustsailor for always dropping the science on us. I'm constantly amazed by your materials knowledge! So glad there are so many clever FC members that are so good at dumbing it down for me. I've wanted a Ti condenser for some time, all the while wondering like @Mr.Sifter, "why?" So you really grabbed me with more taste & less reclaim (I want that reclaim inside me!) and even more weight reduction although I sometimes forget my Omni xl is in my pocket! Bravo, sir! Thanks again Mr. Wizard!

I'd love a metal double torch that's lightweight but understand the cheaper metals are heavier. My cheap self likely wouldn't pay the higher cost for a titanium lighter. But my shorts pockets would certainly appreciate the weight reduction! The vapcap ain't the problem, it's my heavy-ass lighter. Perhaps the new one ordered from DV will be lighter... it's on the way with the second half of my order!

@VaporWare definitely keep experimenting with the variables in your technique as the Vapcap is user-driven and many results can be obtained. Having said that, a VC is always going to be more restrictive than the FPSH I think? You've got a really nice combo with just these two small-shop devices, well-played!

stardustsailor

Accessory Maker
A side note :
Although myself would love to see a very special cap made out of Titanium ,
I'm very much aware that this is quite difficult to be done.

In order for a Titanium sheet/disk to be deep drawn into a cap it has
to be red-hot.
Deep drawing is a form of cold forming and it's quite unusual becoming a type of hot forming procedure.
I'm not sure if it can be done first place.

Cheers.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Never met a cat i did not like.

Any cat not in a house around here gets a bullet (If my blue heeler doesn't get it first, she loves them :) )
Feral cats are a real problem in Australia, here is a quote on the problem;

One of the World's Biggest Extinction Crises Is Being Caused by Cats. ... And according to Threatened Species Commissioner Gregory Andrews, over 100 species are currently under threat from feral cats. "Each feral cat eats between three and 20 native animals a day.

Rant finished, back on topic, so I managed to combust...again, not really a problem I just pull apart and chuck in the ultrasonic cleaner. rinse and repeat, this time however I threw out the baby with the bath water.....cap gone :doh:, down on hands and knees to look but no luck, I gave up. Later when dark I had my head torch on outside and noticed a reflective flash, well I`ll be fucked, I found it. So, if you ever misplace your Vapcap cap, wait till it gets dark, makes it easier to find :hmm:.

stark1

Lonesome Planet
TQ, SDS, 4 pointing that DV sells Ti condensers! :nod:

I had tunnel vision, assuming the condensers were SS. I will be a happy camper! :evil:

DDMods VCWT adapter/VC Ti condenser! Should be a squeaky clean combo! :science:

Any cat not in a house around here gets a bullet (If my blue heeler doesn't get it first, she loves them :) )
Feral cats are a real problem in Australia, here is a quote on the problem;

One of the World's Biggest Extinction Crises Is Being Caused by Cats. ... And according to Threatened Species Commissioner Gregory Andrews, over 100 species are currently under threat from feral cats. "Each feral cat eats between three and 20 native animals a day.

Rant finished, back on topic, so I managed to combust...again, not really a problem I just pull apart and chuck in the ultrasonic cleaner. rinse and repeat, this time however I threw out the baby with the bath water.....cap gone :doh:, down on hands and knees to look but no luck, I gave up. Later when dark I had my head torch on outside and noticed a reflective flash, well I`ll be fucked, I found it. So, if you ever misplace your Vapcap cap, wait till it gets dark, makes it easier to find :hmm:.

True. Unless it looks like

2ST8hh6.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom