hweezi

formally cwheezy
I'll do the pinch and stuff if I'm heading out the door but always have some pre-ground ready.

Can't say I notice a difference other than maybe denser vapor with a grind because you're more than likely putting more in it.

Archaicrevival

I pack as much as I can fit. Works like a charm if you're lighter technique is right.

I use a dry material, with wooden or acrylic grinder.

Archaicrevival,

Kevea

I can't remember who has mentioned this method before but I think it was @phattpiggie or @IAmKrazy2?

However, I've been using my OG VapCap by continually heating it after almost ever hit for another 1-3 seconds independent of the clicks. Always staying above the cool down clicks though.

I've found that I have more control of the temperature this way and can maintain it near the same level throughout the entire session. And when necessary increasing the heat duration to fully extract everything. I am also using a single torch for my heat source.

Kevea,

b0

Cloudy...
Usually I just grind my flowers with a 4 piece SCS and fill it lightly tamped and even, it works wonderful.

b0,

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
I have some more goodies hitting the mail tomorrow!

Check out the new crowned Ti Woodies,

IMG_20160224_221439149_zpsrchojqkx.jpg

and with their fancy tips.
This batch of premium hardwood from @Ed's TnT is sweet.

Notice how deep the fins on the tips are now. I have thinned the titanium between the fins to a wonderfully ridiculous degrees.

IMG_20160224_234845209_zpstf276pc2.jpg

My woodie was recently sent out for shipping.

I think its one of them in the picture. :clap:

lemmeadem

Day 3 Of Waiting:

The sweats have set in. The Cap consumes me. I dream of it when I'm not awake thinking of it.

It stands alone in the white room, beckoning, clicking. It screams out from the flames but I can't reach it to savour the click...

It just keeps burning.

[7]

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
I can't remember who has mentioned this method before but I think it was @phattpiggie or @IAmKrazy2?

However, I've been using my OG VapCap by continually heating it after almost ever hit for another 1-3 seconds independent of the clicks. Always staying above the cool down clicks though.

I've found that I have more control of the temperature this way and can maintain it near the same level throughout the entire session. And when necessary increasing the heat duration to fully extract everything. I am also using a single torch for my heat source.

I have tried this, but it isn't my regular method. I think @Stu rocks this method.

IAmKrazy2,
Reactions: Kevea
I have some more goodies hitting the mail tomorrow!

Check out the new crowned Ti Woodies,

IMG_20160224_221439149_zpsrchojqkx.jpg

and with their fancy tips.
This batch of premium hardwood from @Ed's TnT is sweet.

Notice how deep the fins on the tips are now. I have thinned the titanium between the fins to a wonderfully ridiculous degrees.

IMG_20160224_234845209_zpstf276pc2.jpg

I have to say, it is rather gratifying as I assemble these attractive little things. I sure would like to think that they look and perform different (hopefully as good or better) than anything else out there.

Cheers,

George
I hope that bottom one is mine :mmmm: I have a delivery date for tomorrow so I will soon see :smug:

MoneyVapeTheWorldGoRound,

Vapenvy

Indie vaper
Goodness. This vape is being updated and improved so fast i better post my review soon or it will be an ancient history lesson...actually it kind of already is...so here goes...

I received a first batch blackwood ti woody and three glassies in early February. And a stash.

First off, It's not my hardest hitting or tastiest vape, but god damn it's fun.

In getting 4 vapes i can say that there's definately variation in the caps. I tried all 4 caps on the ti woody for size. The one that came on the ti woody was the tightest. 2 were 'standard' and one was 'loose'. I chose the loose one for the ti woody as it worked best for the stash magnet, but the standard 2 also worked pretty well (one slightly better). The tight cap that came with the woody did not come off using the magnet so lucky i got extra and could mix 'n match.

The other 3 caps on the glass vapcaps all fit pretty much the same on all glass bodies. A very Slight variation, but essentially the airflow was pretty (equally) restricted with the carb closed, as per design. Cap variation is more an issue with woodies, i think.

The stash magnet is awesome for loading and unloading and the stash is beautiful and practical.

I really like the digger outerer. Perfect size to, well, dig stuff out, but you can also tamp and even load using it (put herbs in the cap and pour out down the digger outer into the bowl, or dig out and slide abv into the cap)

I am finding that, for me, the effects aren't really strong, but that works out well as i can play with it more, and that's good because it really is fun to load and use.

I love the modular design, but those tiny o-rings are likely to get lost or broken trying to pry them out of the channel when cleaning (as careful as i was, mine have little cuts in them as i just couldn't pry them out with my fingers so had to use the digger outer), so i think a couple of spares in the packet would be a nice addition.

Overall i like it alot. The woody is really nice to hold, look at and use. Tastier and perhaps cooler than the glass as i get less 'roasted' flavour and less clouds and more heat cycles.

Most of what i would say about the actual usage has already been said by many users which is why i have focused my review on the caps.

One last thing. I ordered a Bubinga stash, but It's much more red than i was expecting and looking at the photos it looks more like paduak. Does anyone know for sure? I ain't returning it either way, but it would be nice to know. Anyway, awesome work @Ed's TnT on the very sexy woody and stash and @VapCap on the design and implementation of a very fun vape.

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
@Vapenvy I would be interested to know which of your arsenal you consider to be your heaviest hitter. Load sizes being equal. I certainly find my 0.05g VC loads to hit harder than a 0.1g in my INH05.

All the caps should be a standardized size and the only variation will be in the shape. If one is loose it can be 'gently' squeezed to form a slight oval which will give a tighter fit or to loosen a tight one. The Ti tips will be precision made and should have a very close tolerance. The glass on the other hand is not manufactured to the same precision and you should notice the difference if you try all the caps on it.

As for the wood used for you stash the only thing I can say on that is wood varies and can give different looks from plank to plank. I posted in the 'log encyclopedia' thread about some sapele I have and it's a bit dull looking, IMO, but yesterday I saw a piece which was out of this world. It is not fit for purpose so I've asked if I could re-purpose it. The grain pattern was proper 'wow'. Fingers crossed it comes my way.
Your best bet is to contact @Ed's TnT and see if he can shed any light on the species.

Vapenvy

Indie vaper
@Vapenvy I would be interested to know which of your arsenal you consider to be your heaviest hitter. Load sizes being equal. I certainly find my 0.05g VC loads to hit harder than a 0.1g in my INH05.

Interesting question @phattpiggie and i am sure more testing will be required...., but preliminary results would put Vapman as the most likely contender.

I don't have scales so my method is to load up one vape and transfer that load across. I do this multiple times over different days to get a general feel, rather than an exact science, of course.

It's also such a small bowl so difficult to judge, however i have found that my general load in the vapcap is slightly smaller than the vapman or fw3 and exactly the same size as the vaponic, and they all hit (me) harder.

I think it is more about the vape signature/effect it has on me than an efficiency issue, though, especially given the reports from others. This vape works well, no question.

I have just transferred an entire vapman load into the vapcap so maybe the load sizes are closer than i thought...and i will let you know how that test goes later...

With the cap sizes, i hadn't thought to squeeze them to see how it would affect things. Makes sense and i will check that next time i have my woody in the same room as one of it's gifted siblings.

Given we have tagged Ed twice in a few minutes, he may drop in and spread his knowledge and wisdom on that tricky stash dugout thingy. Did a name ever get chosen?

alltoreup

Damn you, party liquor
My replacement Glass arrived safely yesterday. Record time if you ask me. Two deliveries in 6 days is top notch all around.

This one is working great. Tested all evening until late...:smug:

This thing gets me stoned.

Past medicated, past high, Stoned.

Not much more to say other than I foresee a stony weekend of testing to come. :science:

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Good morning, glad to see so much positive energy for the woodie stems, George has done a great job at getting them out to you all! The stashes are very very nice and well made that I can say from personal experience, however I cant say to be sure what species that stash is to be honest, thing is I dont make the stashes nor ever have, I do know the guy that does and he is a master craftsman and his work is nothing but topshelf. I have known him for several years now when he first got in the biz. Just off the top of my head I would say that the above particular stash is not bubinga at all, to me it looks alot like purple heart, you are right bubinga is alot more red as far as what I have seen a very nice wood species and if you can find it in Waterfall Bubinga is absolutely something to marvel at. Dont take my word as the last at all, I dont know much if anything really, I just show up and hope I get lucky! Hope all is well out there just popped in for a sec and hope I was helpful somewhat.

Kevea

Just received my replacement as well, it should have been here yesterday but we all know how USPS can be slower than expected. I've been having a good time testing this thing especially an unbroken one, it definitely works better fully intact! :D

And just to reiterate what @alltoreup was saying, it does get you stoned. No light uppity head buzz, just sit there and chill, stoned.

I find that a grind works better than a whole bud. Not only with vapor production but it also helps cook the load more evenly throughout. I've been continuing with the @Stu method and seem to favor it but I'll try the more traditional heating technique again to see if I like it any better since I've gotten a better feel for the vap.

Last edited:

jackmormon

Just received my OG and TI Woody! Thanks George! Forgot my lighter, but I am sure I will figure something out ;)

What is the burn off procedure I have seen referenced here? Is it just 5 or 6 heat until it clicks cycles?

jackmormon,
Reactions: vorrange

hweezi

formally cwheezy
I don't even think I did a burn off with my Ti Woodie, was to excited to try it once I got it but I did 2 heat cycles with nothing in the bowl for the OG.

RelaxedNow

What is the burn off procedure I have seen referenced here? Is it just 5 or 6 heat until it clicks cycles?

Mine came with instructions to heat it twice with no load. I heated it 5 or 6 times, just to be certain I wasn't toking any sort of manufacturing residue. Probably overkill, but it doesn't take long.

By the way, @jackmormon, I lived in Tooele for a short time as a kid. Went to Salt Lake City on business a bunch of times as an adult. I drove to Tooele once while there, and had an enjoyable afternoon smoking a cigar while watching a high school baseball game. It was a good cigar, and the game was fun to watch, but Tooele pretty much still sucked. Of course, it was tainted by memories of moving away from my friends in Washington State, so it had no chance. :rofl:

hweezi

formally cwheezy
Man I want that tip :drool:

Does anyone have the hook ups for some degummed hempfiber ?

Last edited:
hweezi,

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
What this thing needs is more Youtube vids of people ripping it. I, unfortunately, cannot post videos but I love to spend time watching tube videos of all things vape. Especially people just getting milk shots and having fun.
Would love to see a new tutorial vid on the new tips. Maybe on a woodie or a Ti glassie? Show that shit off! ;)

Mine is due to arrive early next week. A new toy to play with.

The click will be a game changer for me. I wish the Lotus would click before charring a bowl. :rant:

Top Bottom