shredder

Hi again everyone.

So, after a few days with my M, the one thing thats bothering me is the Cough, After 2-3 hits, coughing starts, and then it stays for a while.

This never happens when I smoke joints, or it might very very rarely happen if I smoke too many joints in one day or something, but with vaping this is happening every day, and its kind of ruining my experience and initial excitement.

Will this get better with time?

Is there something I can do so that my lungs dont feel like they are going to explode every time I vape?

I am vaping charas, and using the hemp fiber from dynavap as a filter.

So far everyone has given you good advice, I'd just add it might be the hemp fiber.

I use concentrate pads from s and b in my dv's. @Squiby has posted details in the best of dynavaps thread. Best of luck, I'm sure you'll find a solution

trfe

Hi again everyone.

So, after a few days with my M, the one thing thats bothering me is the Cough, After 2-3 hits, coughing starts, and then it stays for a while.

This never happens when I smoke joints, or it might very very rarely happen if I smoke too many joints in one day or something, but with vaping this is happening every day, and its kind of ruining my experience and initial excitement.

Will this get better with time?

Is there something I can do so that my lungs dont feel like they are going to explode every time I vape?

I am vaping charas, and using the hemp fiber from dynavap as a filter.
I find it pretty strange that one would cough more when inhaling relatively clean vapor than when they combust and inhale a variety of carcinogens.

szai

So far everyone has given you good advice, I'd just add it might be the hemp fiber.

I use concentrate pads from s and b in my dv's. @Squiby has posted details in the best of dynavaps thread. Best of luck, I'm sure you'll find a solution

Yeah I think it's probably the hemp too. I used to get crazy coughing when I wasn't torching the hash before vaping it in the DV. If you do high temps with either rayon or cotton you can get dry hits that kill your lungs. It could also be due to the expectorant effects of weed. If you vape while congested it can get disgusting.

Vapoleon

Vapoleon Bonaparte

Yes I did try burning it first, but that doesn't make a difference to the coughing.

It will be difficult to totally give up combusting if this coughing does not go away

I quite smoking cigarettes a few months ago and started vaping nicotine using a pen type e-vape device. So I am very familiar with mouthpulls and I have been doing that only. Couldnt even think about doing a direct to lung hit with the amount of coughs I get.

Funnily enough, I don't have this problem when I am vaping nicotine in my pen, but with the M I cough constantly.

My guess is that U overheat it. Try to get less visible vapor out of Your M...
Im a new M user too, so what the others said, thats the real experience with VC.
Probably Your material needs a bit less heat, so try to heat at the far bottom only?
Also what if U wolud make a little "hash snake/spiral" and put it on the cap?
Maybe it would have less harsh effects...
Try the snake :)
A line like that in the picture above,but a little spiral that fits into the cap.

OR THE SIMPLEST:
Try to use less material inside, the VC is incredibly effective, maybe u need less to achive ehat U need?
After all, my best guess is that U r lucky enough to have an excellent material which is too much for such a little device, so try to use smaller amount like waaay smaller, maybe the half or the third of what U used until now.

Last edited:

szai

I find it pretty strange that one would cough more when inhaling relatively clean vapor than when they combust and inhale a variety of carcinogens.

I think it has to do with vapor temps and maybe dry hits if you're doing concentrates.

It makes sense from a pathological perspective. When you combust you cause a lot of damage to your esophagus. That causes the tissue linning the esophagus to undergo something called dysplasia. It changes to a different kind of tissue more suited to that damage. That tissue probably doesn't react well to vapor for some reason.

trfe

Another low temp question for you dynavap professionals from a guy without one yet.

If I want a low temp hit can’t I heat the upper portion of the cap until the Click! And then wait like 5 seconds for the temp to reduce even further?

Seems like common sense would dictate that could be an easy solution right?

szai

Another low temp question for you dynavap professionals from a guy without one yet.

If I want a low temp hit can’t I heat the upper portion of the cap until the Click! And then wait like 5 seconds for the temp to reduce even further?

Seems like common sense would dictate that could be an easy solution right?
You vary temps but how you heat it. Where you flame hits on the cap and the kind of flame your torch has dictates temps.

Last edited:

Alex3oe

Accessory Maker
For me coughing has a lot to do with the temperature and the quality as the quantity of used material. To much of good stuff with lots of THC (like a good charas) vaped with to high temperatures lets evaporate to much vapor and I have to cough like hell. To avoid this, use either lower temperatures or less material in the vape or both, until your lungs feel comfortable with it. Especially with a device like the VC, as great as it may be, the learning curve is quite harsh. Vaping hash makes it even harsher imho.

szai

For me coughing has a lot to do with the temperature and the quality as the quantity of used material. To much of good stuff with lots of THC (like a good charas) vaped with to high temperatures lets evaporate to much vapor and I have to cough like hell. To avoid this, use either lower temperatures or less material in the vape or both, until your lungs feel comfortable with it. Especially with a device like the VC, as great as it may be, the learning curve is quite harsh. Vaping hash makes it even harsher imho.

How much material and cotton do you use per load? Do you torch it first?

szai,
Reactions: Ricardo

beyond6strings

Just another traveller in the Cannaverse
@NayiZindagi I forgot to mention the use of a water tool or j hook. I probably use my vapcaps through a cooling device about 60% of the time. I especially love my j hook. You may also look into getting an XL condenser and a mouthpiece to turn your M into an XL to lengthen the vapor path. I'm getting some 8" glass stems to cut into different lengths-most of which will be longer than anything Dynavap sells in order to provide more cooling. And cuz I think they'll look cool, and I've always loved the flavor of cannabis through glass.

I have allergies to cats and three of my best friends and constant companions are our three cats so my lungs are often sensitive. @Squiby's mouth pull technique and hemp fiber filter idea also helped me out a lot when I was having coughing issues.

And one more thing too-make sure you're well hydrated and have water or something to drink when you're vaping-that's something that took me a while to get in the habit of doing.

Best of luck.

Mr.Sifter

can someone please post a picture of some hashjs/concentrates tugged in hemp fibre?

how do you consume it?
I know the theory but never saw it

szai

can someone please post a picture of some hashjs/concentrates tugged in hemp fibre?

how do you consume it?
I know the theory but never saw it
Here's the only pic I got for you.

qa201rN.jpg

Mr.Sifter

ok, thats the product.
please dont tell me you put that much hash in your vapcap like you put on your dynastash.

anyways, thanks for the picture.
now I know how hash-used hemp firbre looks like after a few rounds in the vapcap.

how many heatings did you make ?

Mulchmaker

Veni Vidi Vapi
I think that's pretty accurate. What I learned during my 40+ year criminal career is that if you act like what you're doing is okay and normal most folks don't waste a second glance. We are all the center's of our own universes. But if you act furtively, or suspiciously folks do take notice.

Pre-9/11, a dude with a beard and a tweed sport coat could pretty much go anywhere and do anything in this country without getting challenged if he acted confidently. Hell, I waltzed into a fusion test reactor facility once just to see what it looked like on the inside and nobody even checked my ID.

Times have changed a little, and I wouldn't try that particular stunt again, but the principle still stands. Act like you're doing the most normal thing in the world, and most folks won't even give you a second glance.

That said, I do still try to be discrete with the herb. Even in a legalized state like mine, there's no sense drawing unwanted attention from the fuzz.

Kalessin

Szai had some good points about it, but another thing to consider is when vaping you are getting a much more concentrated dose of THC versus smoking so that probably plays a factor as well for some people.

Mr.Sifter

true, certain cannabinoids act vasodilative, hence the coughing.

I too noticed more coughing with the Vapcaps.
I guess my draws are to greedy.

other vapes do deliver similar amounts of cannabinoids so the high thc/air ratio can't be it.

Mr.Sifter,

Kalessin

true, certain cannabinoids act vasodilative, hence the coughing.

I too noticed more coughing with the Vapcaps.
I guess my draws are to greedy.

other vapes do deliver similar amounts of cannabinoids so the high thc/air ratio can't be it.
in my experience most people I've introduced my vapes to cough more regardless of which vape it is. Maybe not -as- much as with a Vapcap when comparing say, a Pax. But that spreads it out over a much wider number of hits. I had a Lotus and when I would let people hit THAT the first time, mostly they would die. My EQ was in the middle since you could basically choose your draw on that which I think helped. But, of course, that's all anecdotal

szai

ok, thats the product.
please dont tell me you put that much hash in your vapcap like you put on your dynastash.

anyways, thanks for the picture.
now I know how hash-used hemp firbre looks like after a few rounds in the vapcap.

how many heatings did you make ?

There's the next picture. That bit was .12g. I Don't think it worked that well but you won't believe how much it cost.

jaFEDxO.jpg

Top Bottom