phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
at70gHD.jpg

How about a TOD in one of these
Or one of these
oHYmxV2.jpg

Found some beautiful Netsuke when looking for these

hackslasher

In the video noticed you grab the upper part, like the little knob the switch is attached to, when sliding the switch off the battery. Is there a reason for that or can you just slide it and grabbing it just makes turning it easier?

hackslasher,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
In the video noticed you grab the upper part, like the little knob the switch is attached to, when sliding the switch off the battery. Is there a reason for that or can you just slide it and grabbing it just makes turning it easier?

It is a compulsive tick for me, because of the possibility of the brass piece at the top to come loose and fall off. But i wouldn't concern myself with that, as it likely won't even be in the final version at all.

I expect the final version will likely have a button trigger. The current unit is crude. My purpose is to test if one can successfully wield the power of this heater unregulated. It does take some disipline to ensure you don't add too much heat, but taming this little beast is a pleasure i am sure many would enjoy. Maybe not a great first vaporizer for the masses, but when used correctly likely the fastest monster clouds on the portable market. Hell, maybe the desktop market too. Has my Herbalizer beat and that is about as fast as it gets as a desktop usually.

Don't worry about the trigger or looks of this thing..it is/was the simplest solution to get this monster up and running and will be greatly revised in function and form.

hackslasher

And ordered
Also you were saying in the video can gauge trigger use by using your throat. How does this compare with Lily? I'd say can judge her pretty well and think feel be more useful to me then sight. Thanks for all the info you've provided. Been awesome help

Last edited:

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
And ordered
Also you were saying in the video can gauge trigger use by using your throat. How does this compare with Lily? I'd say can judge her pretty well and think feel be more useful to me then sight. Thanks for all the info you've provided. Been awesome help

You can compare to the Lily easily as far as using heat as a gauge. Other beta testers have compared the Zion to the Daisy too. Open airflow and big hits on demand. I think the Powerhouse is best judged this way over sight ala Lily.

It is a bit different in the Powerhouse as the temp keeps climbing, and temp varies as battery is slowly drained. I feel the addition of a true trigger button will allow for more versatility in being able to feather the throttle. Looking forward to (hopefully) trying this in the future.

I would like to challenge people once they get Zion Technology to drain and use a fresh set of batteries in the time it takes to charge their replacement. I am a heavy user and tried with one friend to use up all the battery power in the Powerhouse in the time it took to recharge another set of batteries. Not for the faint of heart. Damn.

Edit. Let me add i am pretty sure Karma and RBT intended one to use sight to gauge the temp. I find i almost never do, and am able to do it by feel easily, very second nature on a fresh or mostly drained battery both. I could be wrong about their intentions though.

Last edited:

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Edit. Let me add i am pretty sure Karma and RBT intended one to use sight to gauge the temp. I find i almost never do, and am able to do it by feel easily, very second nature on a fresh or mostly drained battery both. I could be wrong about their intentions though.

Their intentions don't matter. As I am fond of reminding @RastaBuddhaTao, people will do whatever they please. Anything that works is fair.

I'm like you, I judge by the heat and the taste. I think almost everyone will settle on this method with a little experience.

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
Found a neat little 'vaporpunk' switch. I seem to recognize it......
ZF3zYHC.jpg

Was also wondering whether or not the TOD could be offered with the same kind of LED set up the single 18650 has?

phattpiggie,
Reactions: killick

HD Springer

I'm wanting to try this with the button. I think the button will make this even easier to use. It's already a breeze to get medicated with this thing. Add the button and damn it will be unreal. That and the fact a set of battery's will last a couple days is just unheard of. If a person can keep from over doing the cloud chasing this is one of the most efficient vapes I've come a crossed. You just have to put the damn thing down. That's where I struggled.

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
I would have thought the final revision would come with a button. No problems feathering power with a button. There may be some folk who couldn't use it as it stands. I just thought the LED would be a nice touch especially if it were possible to switch it off as in the single.
Battery consumption is seemingly good for this and the Zion. Fingers crossed the single 18650 follows suit.
My buddy was round for cake and vape last night and his Storm is really battery hungry. I hope @Ruta is doing the testing I asked him to do??

phattpiggie,

grokit

well-worn member
This is basically a down-sized zion without the dial, but with the momentary switch right?

grokit,
Reactions: DDave

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
This is basically a down-sized zion without the dial, but with the momentary switch right?

Na, its a dual battery unregulated unit, so power is always beyond max in an instant. It's closer to the single battery manual than Zion, which will have similar power capabilities perhaps.

Zion is different bc it has a chip, of course the dial too, but the chip is what makes it all happen, makes it more easily tamed and extremely capable in temp setting/stepping

grokit

well-worn member
Na, its a dual battery unregulated unit, so power is always beyond max in an instant. It's closer to the single battery manual than Zion, which will have similar power capabilities perhaps.

Zion is different bc it has a chip, of course the dial too, but the chip is what makes it all happen, makes it more easily tamed and extremely capable in temp setting/stepping
So the zion has additional temperature control beyond the dial, while this one not only has no dial but no additional regulation, I get it now. I own and have used both type of vapes successfully, if I have a preference it would seem to be on the unregulated side. But I like my regulated vapes too!

Krazzykid

So the zion has additional temperature control beyond the dial, while this one not only has no dial but no additional regulation, I get it now. I own and have used both type of vapes successfully, if I have a preference it would seem to be on the unregulated side. But I like my regulated vapes too!
You are correct except the Zion doesn't have temperature control, it's voltage control.

The knob controls the voltage applied to the heater. The temp of the air can still vary depending on how long you preheat for, or by adjusting your draw rate (or by changing the knob.)

That is my understanding.

grokit

well-worn member
You are correct except the Zion doesn't have temperature control, it's voltage control.

The knob controls the voltage applied to the heater. The temp of the air can still vary depending on how long you preheat for, or by adjusting your draw rate (or by changing the knob.)

That is my understanding.
I think the unregulated vapes I've used work like that (ssv, lsv, infinity, sublimator); my battery-operated portables are regulated (ff, crafty), also used a regulated plug-in vape, my og cloud (? I know the evo is).

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Yeah, except Zion is open loop, so still has that manual nature as well, relying on trigger and voltage to keep climbing in temp, it just has more additional control capabilities on top of that, so low temps are easily achievable. It is still much more LSV than Crafty in its function, more manual than automatic, though overall better than both imo, capable of much more

grokit

well-worn member
I am definitely in on the single battery unit, but blew my chance for the zion @ $170 because I'm so wishy-washy on the other two. Once I get the sbu, the only hole to fill in my lineup will be for a big-hitting portable. My wish list in this department has gone from the minivap to the mighty to the zion to this dual powerhouse, then back to the zion lol. I should just get back on the sidelines before I end up with all three!

Shit Snacks

I am definitely in on the single battery unit, but blew my chance for the zion @ $170 because I'm so wishy-washy on the other two. Once I get the sbu, the only hole to fill in my lineup will be for a big-hitting portable. My wish list in this department has gone from the minivap to the mighty to the zion to this dual powerhouse, then back to the zion lol. I should just get back on the sidelines before I end up with all three!

Haha yeah its a tough life grok, I think Zion makes more sense than this unit for you, given what you describe. Especially if you've got the sigle batt coming too. That's my plan, and i already have Zion, its the full featured flagship, single will be for stealth on the go (and messing around other times too I'm sure).
Even $200 for Zion is still a steal imo

killick

But I like it!
I'm on for 2/3rds, but looking at all the great skin ideas make me want to see what might be coming in future!

Some of the ideas @phattpiggie has been posting are pretty darn skookum. I'm wondering if there might be skin kits in the future? Swap internals into a different footprint depending on where you are going? Or that might be just another highdea. I may have already read about it in this thread. I'm kinda buzzed tho...

HD Springer

I believe the Zion is as close to a lsv portable as you can get. Until this showed up. This is like an lsv cranked full blast that has 0% conduction. Pure convection. The lsv could be pure conv. if you pull the stem between hits. There is no need for that with this device. The power/heat is only on for a third of the hit. That's why this is so damn efficient. I believe you can duplicate the experience with this compared to the Zion. Only difference is Zion needs the preheat to get the party started. This mf'er is party city from the first few seconds of the hit. Unreal.

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
From what you've said @HD Springer this is how I envisage the TOD.

You fill that bowl, place your lips round the cool glass stem, hit that shiny new button and......
@killick there has been mention of a kit but that is way off in the future lets get to October first.

grokit

well-worn member
I believe the Zion is as close to a lsv portable as you can get. Until this showed up. This is like an lsv cranked full blast that has 0% conduction. Pure convection. The lsv could be pure conv. if you pull the stem between hits. There is no need for that with this device. The power/heat is only on for a third of the hit. That's why this is so damn efficient. I believe you can duplicate the experience with this compared to the Zion. Only difference is Zion needs the preheat to get the party started. This mf'er is party city from the first few seconds of the hit. Unreal.
:lol::cool::brow:
Now I'm leaning towards this again! The fact that there's no heat sink to get saturated is a big draw for me, for these reasons that you describe. I like that this heats up quicker and cools off just as fast :tup:

edit: plus as I told @RastaBuddhaTao, I like triangles better than squares :razz:

Last edited:
Top Bottom