• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Dual 18650 Power House

HD Springer

Call it what ever you guys want. Makes no difference to me. All I know is as long as it functions the same I'll be very happy. A great name is more important to a substandard product. Lion Zion Ion Tod single dual regulated unregulated. If it didn't work like it does I wouldn't waist my time or hard earned money. RBT's soon to be line of vaporizers is going to be epic for sure.

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
I do like "Lion" for this one too.

"Ion" for the little, why not. An ion is after all a small charged particle... That being said I suspect the single batt one will be a beast too, and "Ion" might sound too gentle to describe it...

killick

But I like it!
Whats the name of the old-fashioned greek restaurant in Detroit? It looks like it's been there a billion years. 3 or 4 blocks from the GM building, anyways it's a fun place, but I wouldn't name a vape after it. I'm not really sure why I'm bringing it up, but I'm pretty sure this could easily be x-posted into the 'bump this thread if you are vaped now'. Probably...

Anyways, every time I look at the thread and read the reviews of the thing, all that goes through my head is 'The lion of zion', which almost seems appropriate, given it's roots and all... Whats some other good Rasta-stylee names for the face-ripper-offer? It's not like we don't have some time to kill waiting for October...

:2c: & :worms: <-- this is my fave icon... ;)

PS - ToD always reminds me of EoDM. Every single time I come into the thread this song goes through my head... thats not a bad thing really...

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
Whats the name of the old-fashioned greek restaurant in Detroit? It looks like it's been there a billion years. 3 or 4 blocks from the GM building, anyways it's a fun place, but I wouldn't name a vape after it. I'm not really sure why I'm bringing it up, but I'm pretty sure this could easily be x-posted into the 'bump this thread if you are vaped now'. Probably...

Anyways, every time I look at the thread and read the reviews of the thing, all that goes through my head is 'The lion of zion', which almost seems appropriate, given it's roots and all... Whats some other good Rasta-stylee names for the face-ripper-offer? It's not like we don't have some time to kill waiting for October...

:2c: & :worms: <-- this is my fave icon... ;)

PS - ToD always reminds me of EoDM. Every single time I come into the thread this song goes through my head... thats not a bad thing really...

Maybe Main Street Coney Island off Jefferson? That's pretty close. Not my favorite Detroit Coney but still pretty decent.

I think Zion Lion is perfect for this unit. For the single battery? Mr. Brown? Or even better Rasta refrence for the single battery would be Small Axe. Because as Bob says; "if you are the big big tree, I am the small axe. Ready to cut you down. To cut you down (with vapor)"

Yeah. The single battery is kindof a small axe.

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
@IAmKrazy2 you forgot my fave line part from that song

So if you are the big tree
We are the small axe
Ready to cut you down (well sharp)
To cut you down

'WELL SHARP' a note to all heavy handed users

@HD Springer I am with you on the name thing as long as it performs, outperforms other 'named' brands is all that counts to me. I am still liking 'The Dual Power House' I think it sums it up very well.

Last edited:

fluffhead

Recovering Idealist
I'd say I'm in the category of not really caring about the name as long as it behaves the way it's supposed to. However all this talk about Small Axe and Michigan has reminded me of my favourite town name in America - Bad Axe. I feel the stealth might be appropriately called the Small Axe, this beast is more of a Bad Axe to me.

Then again, regardless of the official name I still plan to call mine the Triforce of Flower. :)

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I think Lion is a decent name, tho I could be swayed otherwise. I discourage similar sounding names for different models in the line, however, for clarity's sake when talking about them.

grokit

well-worn member
My favorite newtome musical act is actually an old bluesman named skip mcdonald, who goes by the moniker "little axe". So that would be my choice, check out the righteous song that hooked me:

edit: Probably still blues, but it's definitely on the experimental side :tup:

Last edited:

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
I am thinking each person can only rack up a single view, but honestly I have no idea how that works on youtube.

I don't count bowls but i have been on the same set of batteries for at least three days now. I have used some other vapes too, but this has been the workhorse, and i certainly am a heavy user.

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
@IAmKrazy2 three days that is an unreal figure for an 18650 powered vape. I know there's two of them in there but it's still astounding.
The fact that your on the power for so little time is making those lg's last forever. I'd be interested to know how many grams a pair you could get.
The Zion is being fitted with a P-FET to protect against reverse polarity.
Which got me back to thinking about switches.
Could the TOD, and the single, be fitted with a FET so that a lower amp (smaller) switch be used.
I know everyone wants these things to be as basic as possible but if a smaller switch was used the overall size could be kept down.
I've no idea on the electronics front. Are Mosfets reliable enough or rated high enough for the 100 watt TOD? I know the box mod boys use them a lot.
Don't know how long the heater tubes are cut to but the inlet hole looks to be part way up the front so would there be room underneath maybe for a high amp switch on the TOD (single style) or a FET wired to a top switch of a smaller size?

phattpiggie,

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
Could the TOD, and the single, be fitted with a FET so that a lower amp (smaller) switch be used.

probably, but be careful ... that's a slippery slope ... before you know it you have temp control, digital display, and wifi ... i.e. your grandfather's vape, not the hotrod this one is.

Are Mosfets reliable enough or rated high enough for the 100 watt TOD?

yes and yes ... used in cars, too.

grokit

well-worn member
Is TOD the name for this vape, or the heater I'm a bit confused.
:hmm: If not does this vape have a name yet?

grokit,
Reactions: vapen00b

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
@grokit at present it's the 'Vape with no name'.
@Hippie Dickie thanks for that. I am more interested in the overall size of the TOD and the unreg'd single. I think the balls out raw power of the TOD should remain after all it's what it's all about.
The grandfather vape is not due for any work on it for quite a while but it's in the pipeline and got my interest.

phattpiggie,
Reactions: grokit

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
@vapen00b I wonder if the Haas man could rough one of these out for hand finishing?
oHYmxV2.jpg

Do you have what it takes to lick the TOAD OF DEATH? :)

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
Well since @IAmKrazy2 mentioned the TOD's battery life it's got me thinking. Even tho he didn't use it exclusively it still sounded to good to be true. Three days seems a phenomenal amount of time for an 18650 to last in the world of portables.
I realize this is The Dual Power House but the dual power is in series, not parallel. So it's essentially one cells worth of mah capacity. At twice the voltage.
Could the TOD/DPH, thru practice, be used in a more sedate way. Could the beastie be tamed(ish).
I had no real want for one before.
I don't need a five second kick in the head, other than now and again just because you can. But the idea of lightly tapping my skull for three days does appeal.
I spoke to @HD Springer earlier. Thru RBT's tech. we've struck up a rapport. The TOD and the UrS being the main topics of conversation. As I knew he would, he confirmed IamK's battery life figures.
The short sharp shock seems to let these cells last for ages.
It would, sorry, currently seem something may well be that good.
Can't wait for this and the single 18650 to get some time spent on them.
My life lacks portable on demand convection cloaked in wood.

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
I don't fully drain down the batteries but i can confirm that the TOD will last more than 7 bowls at typically three hits each bowl. Sometimes more. This is with the yellow LG batteries, which seem to be superior to the Samsungs i also have.

Towards the end the speed slows down a bit. Not as lightning quick to clouds but very managable. I am always surprised at the punch provided by a freshly charged set of batteries after i run the first set down and switch to the freshies.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
While I anxiously await the production Zion, I don't expect its performance to be much different than Venus. There will be SOME difference I'm sure, but probably not much. That is why I lust for the SB unit and TOD as they will each have entirely different profiles from the regular Zion. That is gonna be some fun. I haven't held either in my hands yet, so I only know what I've read about them, but the excitement will ramp up quickly I'm sure. The CONCEPT of TOD and its power is exciting.

cybrguy,

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
The way I use my INH05 I get a days usage. When I see @Ruta he is going to tell me the horror story of his power hungry Storm.
I know battery life has many things that can influence it so it will be good once an average can be found.
I want good battery life. I took note today form 3.16v to 4.19v. 6 hours 27 minutes. You don't lunch it twice. Well I haven't done it again yet anyways.
I am tired of baking herbs and the path being lead by the conduction heater. On demand convection offers me the option of filling a bowl taking what I need for the given circumstance and putting it down. To return to it as and when I choose and not having to get it over and done with because it's took time to get hot and needs using or it's gone. Or you are so involved in something you put it down and forget it's on.
The only thing I want to be wasted in my life is me.

Top Bottom