Dual 18650 Power House

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
@killick please suggest away the more ideas we throw at RBT and TKW the better. I know RBT will have some killer ideas in the pipeline. Never wished any part of my life away but come on October, September is becoming a real drag. No pun intended.

@thekarmawhore the TOD certainly sounds a supercharged, nitrous gulping, methanol burning beastie which as @HD Springer's buddy found out demands the utmost of respect or all hell will break loose.
u3mTQPm.jpg

HD Springer

I'm so glad I found FC. It's totally been a life changing experience for myself. Then when I seen the Zion first mentioned on here I was instantly intrigued. I had just bought the ff and was loving true convection. But I found my experiences lacking. I'm a bit of a hard hitting kind of guy. I like my hits to be just that,hard hits.
After a ton of conversations with RBT we both had the same thoughts. Give us the ability to up the heat. God damn this TOD is at the peak of the heat spectrum. In just a few seconds. Not instantly to where you can't manage it. But a very very fast rate. This is so efficient with the heat,battery,material,lungs. That's right I said lungs. You only need 1 or 2 hits off this device to get you medicated compared to a 20 minute sipping session. You can't deny the medicinal affects and the life of the battery's. These are game changers. In my eyes.

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
@HD Springer I don't think my upper respiratory problems would allow me to take the massive hits you can achieve with the TOD.
I can however see that for people as your self who require those instant big hits that the TOD is just the ticket.
In the time you had it how was the battery situation?

I totally agree on the 'game changer' the Zion technology seems to be just what I've been looking for. On demand convection with simple but effective internals and sustainable materials for the body.
I don't suffer VAS I've never found the urge to buy more than one DD. I am after a bullet proof daily and a back up or spare for that 'just in case' situation or if out with a few buddies.
I am however getting the ZAS jitters.:lol:

13 more sleeps:rofl:
Come on October.

Last edited:

Likes2vape

@HD Springer I don't think my upper respiratory problems would allow me to take the massive hits you can achieve with the TOD.
I can however see that for people as your self who require those instant big hits that the TOD is just the ticket.
In the time you had it how was the battery situation?

I totally agree on the 'game changer' the Zion technology seems to be just what I've been looking for. On demand convection with simply but effective internals and sustainable materials for the body.
I don't suffer VAS I've never found the urge to buy more than one DD. I am after a bullet proof daily and a back up or spare for that 'just in case' situation or if out with a few buddies.
I am however getting the ZAS jitters.:lol:

13 more sleeps:rofl:
Come on October.
I ordered all 3 cause I need them not because of VAS!!:rolleyes:

I got the Zion as my battery powered DD, the single 18650 for stealthiness, and the the TOD because I like big gnarly hits

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
All looking good on the Zion thread, not long now folks until this and the single get some much deserved attention. Found this lovely little steampunk flashlight and thought with the addition of a wooden sleeve/adapter for the heater it may work as the battery tubes for the TOD.
S6lbr9s.jpg
rWSxbmo.jpg

I wouldn't be bothered about the clip. I think all the hype about clips has already been done somewhere else.
So this lead me to thinking in the spirit of 'less is more'. How about getting rid of the center section of the tubes and having the cell on show. A range of different colored heatshrink sleeves are already available.
In the foto above the majority of the brass tube would be removed between the two knurled ends.The battery would just need to sit in a cup either end and as they would be exposed they could be fitted closer together as the need for an expansion gap is taken care of. This would make the whole unit more palmable.
Maybe it's a good job I don't have @thekarmawhore's CAD abilities I would never get anything else done

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
This certainly is a great vape. Thrilled to be testing it, and really looking forward to the next generation after revisions.

My only complaint is that so man idiot friends of mine can't control the power or tame the beast. I have one buddy who has brought this thing to combustion on three seperate occasions. I soak the tube in ISO overnight and all foul taste is gone but it's a pain in the ass. Needless to say that dude hit the Powerhouse for the last time.

Here is a thought for all Zion models for those who use degummed hemp fiber. A second Zion dome screen could certainly be used to keep the hemp fiber on place. I only currently have one RBT screen, or i would try myself. Seems like it would work great.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
This certainly is a great vape. Thrilled to be testing it, and really looking forward to the next generation after revisions.

My only complaint is that so man idiot friends of mine can't control the power or tame the beast. I have one buddy who has brought this thing to combustion on three seperate occasions. I soak the tube in ISO overnight and all foul taste is gone but it's a pain in the ass. Needless to say that dude hit the Powerhouse for the last time.

Here is a thought for all Zion models for those who use degummed hemp fiber. A second Zion dome screen could certainly be used to keep the hemp fiber on place. I only currently have one RBT screen, or i would try myself. Seems like it would work great.

My other issue with the hemp fiber, was I had trouble getting it thin enough to not restrict airflow, aside from seating it. Maybe I will try that when I am able

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Yeah, that is a bit of a trick for me too. Thin enough to not restrict airflow but dense enough not to be picked up and moved by the airflow.
The RIB in my DHGate M2M holds it in position pretty well...

I really want to try TOD. I tend to be a fan of one and done, and this may well be great for that once I get used to controlling it.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Yeah, that is a bit of a trick for me too. Thin enough to not restrict airflow but dense enough not to be picked up and moved by the airflow.
The RIB in my DHGate M2M holds it in position pretty well...

I really want to try TOD. I tend to be a fan of one and done, and this may well be great for that once I get used to controlling it.

Ha yeah, my whole thing was trying to use it dry with a stem, help keep particulates and such out of throat, I can see it will be easier in the male to male probably (and if it isn't, then hemp sucked into the water sure will be fun ;)

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Much harder in a straight stem. Much less success there. A little slightly sprung wire cage might be useful but hard to find. Better to make one, probably. The materials might also be a concern...
An angled stem might work better as well, while providing a little extra cooling. I'll try that tonight, tho I, of course, will be using Venus, my "plain" Zion. ;)

VegNVape

Increase the Peace
Company Rep
Hmmmm . . . I still need to try & source some of this degummed hemp fiber stuff & give it a go . . . . :science:

& yep @cybrguy I'm totally with you man - I'm also really looking forward to getting this little (what looks to be) suckerpunch of a vape in hand & going head to head, round for round in many bouts of beta testing :ko:

I really enjoy the convenience and effects of big, one hit extraction style vaporization, and this is looking like it could potentially do just that.

& I can definitely see my Sublimator getting rather jealous if that is the case!

:peace:

HD Springer

@IAmKrazy2 the TOD is a very easy to use vaporizer. HOWEVER one must use extreme caution when using such a powerful device. It's definatly not meant for the weak or timid.
The biggest issue is dumb asses that try to out macho the next guy. Or they try to get a hit like RBT did in his video. You can get huge hits but you need to "feather" the power. You can't just keep the power on. Some people like to be able to hold down a button and have just barely enough heat to produce visible vapor. They want the heat regulated. That's cool they make a ton of regulated vaporizers. TOD is not one of them. TOD is a bad mother fucker and that's the best way I can describe her.

Melting Pot

Sick & Twisted
@IAmKrazy2 the TOD is a very easy to use vaporizer. HOWEVER one must use extreme caution when using such a powerful device. It's definatly not meant for the weak or timid.
The biggest issue is dumb asses that try to out macho the next guy. Or they try to get a hit like RBT did in his video. You can get huge hits but you need to "feather" the power. You can't just keep the power on. Some people like to be able to hold down a button and have just barely enough heat to produce visible vapor. They want the heat regulated. That's cool they make a ton of regulated vaporizers. TOD is not one of them. TOD is a bad mother fucker and that's the best way I can describe her.
This sounds like my kind of vape.
And I want to state for the record I'm very bummed that I'm not a beta tester...and jealous

Last edited:

killick

But I like it!
The TOD (has anyone referenced LION as a potential name for this lungbuster?) sounds like a(nother) perfect vape. I really like the idea of 'feathering the throttle' to control, which is sorta/kinda what I do with the HI by moving the heat source nearer and further...

Hmmmm . . . I still need to try & source some of this degummed hemp fiber stuff & give it a go . . . . :science:

Speaking of HI last time I ordered some tubes they put a generous wad of degummed hemp fiber in with the order, partially as packing material and partially 'to sample'. Of course I was pretty new to FC and vaping and still kinda shy, so didn't ask 'sample how?' and still have it all nicely stored away in a zippy...

bounce5

Then ion for stealth little brother? :ninja:
or too far? (I did suggest it early on though...)

I like Lion for the TOD. Ion for the single I don't like much. It's cute that it rhymes, but it makes it sound too small and insignificant. The first thing that comes to my mind is Snoop Lion or Snoop Zion. Maybe RBT should consider having a naming contest.

bounce5,
Reactions: Joel W.
Top Bottom