1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Dr Dabber Switch (Induction Vaporizer)

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by stickstones, Apr 3, 2018.

Tags:
  1. DabberChase

DabberChase Company Rep

Induction cups can be used indefinitely as long as you use proper care and maintenance. We recommend cotton swabbing nails after each use and cleaning them completely from time to time. The standard cups can be cleaned with the included cleaning cycle. Smooth ceramic and quartz cups can be torched clean or soaked in ISO alcohol. NO ATOMIZERS to ever replace on the Switch unit.

Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns, I am always happy to help.

Vapeur Rogue and ShayWhiteGrow like this.
  2. Goodlife101

Goodlife101 Living The Good Life

Sooooo this thing looks very innovative and awesome!

I am not a scientist but I was always taught that only magnetic metals were heated with induction? Didnt think Ti was very magnetic (in fact I have specialty lockpicks made from Ti for the low magnetic footprint) so how does the induction heating work? Am I incorrect and you can heat any metal just maybe takes more power to heat Ti over something more magnetic?

Curious if anyone knows where Dr Dabber sources the Ti for the cups they provide? Grade 2 Ti means less and less these days..... from chinese aerospace grade 2 Ti all the way to the actual medical grade US sourced grade 2 Ti

if the Ti is really high quality and they have any sort of black friday sale (see i just missed the Oct sale :/ ) then this thing will be my christmas gift to myself.

Has anyone tried pure distillate in these? I am fortunate enough to live in med state and found crazy good deals on the distillate tinctures, but was curious I never see people online using this stuff. I typically use in a pen atomizer but would like to dab it since I get it in vials and it seems to burn much cleaner than anything else I have seen.

ShayWhiteGrow likes this.
  3. 530rasta

530rasta Well-Known Member

Does the base get hot like a evo?

Is the airpath cut off from the electronics?

thanks

guyonthecouch likes this.
  4. abracadaver

abracadaver aka mephisto

No, the base does not get hot like the Evo. On my Switch, the air enters the cup area through the top of the cap and then exits to my lungs through the glass bubbler. The base is holding the power source and electronics. 2 separate universes.

5. mrbonsai420

mrbonsai420 I love Grass and Glass!

OK,
    I am an avid user of my home enail and Liger at home and I use the Puffco Peak on the road.
    The battery life and no atomizer to replace interested me from the beginning to use instead of the Peak, but the size turned me off a little since it was only meant as a portable for me.
    I suppose I could use it instead of my enail and CCA Liger with sapphire, Obsidian, Sic, and quartz, inserts at home. But honestly, even if it did compete with it, I want to be able to use the countless pieces of 10mm and 14mm heady glass I have at the house.
    So that brings me back to getting the Switch for "portability" which is not it's strong suit, BUT I ordered one anyway. I am on my last atomizer for the Peak, and I can't stomach $40 each indefinitely. So until someone sources those cheap little ceramic heater discs used on the Peak, and sells them as atomizer rebuild kits for the Peak, I got this big, bad boy!

I really can't wait to try it. My only real concern now are the inserts. I only dab now so I won't use the flower insert. From what I hear, the coated ceramic cup heats quickly but has sub-par flavor compared to the quartz or smooth ceramic inserts or even other devices. So out of the 3 inserts for concentrates, Dr. Dabber only includes the worst performing one in the box?
    So it sounds like personally for me, the only 2 inserts I would ever use would be the new Smooth ceramic, or maybe the Quartz. But NEITHER of these come with the unit and it will cost me an additional $80-$90 on top of the price of the unit to get flavorful dabs?
    I'm not bashing the product, I haven't even received it yet. But it's a little discouraging to figure out that I need to purchase items that really should be included from the beginning. Why don't you guys include a smooth ceramic cup with new units? If you are going to leave one out and sell it separately, make it the fast heating coated one and give us one we can use in crystal mode with some flavor. :)

So, I suppose I need to get a smooth ceramic insert. Those of you who have it, how are you guys liking it?

I will report back when I get it.

6. PhreedomPhries

PhreedomPhries High Plains Drifter

Does anyone have an opinion as to water level the ball bubbler is meant to be filled to? It has interesting functionality, I like it, but I cannot decide where the water is meant to be.

7. DabberChase

DabberChase Company Rep

We recommend filling the water just about the percolator gaps on the down stem. You are more than welcome to add more or less, but be careful to avoid splash back.

8. PhreedomPhries

I’m confused by this description. What are the percolator gaps on the downstem you are referring to? Do you mean the percolatornun the upper ball chamber that the downstem runs through? Is it possible for you to post a photo either on here or on your own site?

9. DabberChase

DabberChase Company Rep

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Let me know if this helps. The water should be right above the slits/perc holes on the down stem. As I stated before, you can add more or less if you like, this will not harm the unit or glass attachment. If you add too much water, you may get some splash back on your lips while inhaling. Play around with the water levels and find the best fit for you.

Edit: The photo is not showing up. Here is the link directly to this photo;

https://ibb.co/n3x8zf

PhreedomPhries and MonkeyTime like this.
  10. cpk

cpk Brother of the Leaf

I am hoping for a better than 20% discount on the Switch for this Black Friday.

11. PhreedomPhries

Oh, this is why I was confused. I was inquiring about the ball bubbler aftermarket accessory attachment.

12. mrbonsai420

mrbonsai420 I love Grass and Glass!

@DabberChase Hey Chase, Can you help me out with a few things? I received my Switch and tried it for the first time yesterday. I definitely tested it, several dabs in it on day one, and I must say I am struggling more than I thought I would for a seasoned dabber and enail veteran. First off my carb cap was broken upon arrival, unfortunate but it's the dabber part so it doesn't affect performance. I Tried it with a few people and everyone agreed that the standard ceramic cup isn't very efficient. It seems to burn through the same size dab with less vapor than the Peak and Rig with banger we were comparing it to. I tried all of the settings and it went from airy hits down low, to quick, thick vapor up high without any time hovering at the "right temperature"? I started to think maybe something is wrong with my Switch, But I have heard others feel the quartz solves this.

So I load the quartz up and switch to crystal mode. That's when we all really started struggling. I started fairly low, At the top end of the blue spectrum. Heat-up was only a couple of seconds, which surprised me for crystal mode, I thought it heated longer. So I take a hit, and get nothing? Repeat a couple of more times, nothing again, and then a tiny wisp of vapor on hit 3. So I turn it up, this time on Cyan at the top, a little better but close to the same result. Now keep in mind, I have cycled through 6 total hits and the oil is still in the cup, no hits achieved. So I crank it up to the bottom of yellow, I get a tiny hit...I'm thinking something is wrong so I just crank it up all of the way, top of the yellow on crystal mode. Now it's hitting, not burning but hitting hard especially by the second heat-up. Is this what others are experiencing or did I perhaps get a "cool unit"? The heat-up time seems too short in crystal mode for sure. Is this just user error? Can you help or should I return the unit to the reseller?

13. DabberChase

DabberChase Company Rep

I am happy to help. I am reaching out to you now with assistance. This is definitely not the way the unit should be functioning. I will make sure to get this figured out for you ASAP.

Same thing with this glass attachment. Fill the water just above the perc.

https://ibb.co/dsnuPf

Sorry about my poor photo editing skills :lol:

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 15, 2018 at 1:43 PM
    PhreedomPhries likes this.
  14. Manity

Manity Active Member

Puffitup has a 20% off coupon for this unit this weekend.
    Code
    SWITCHGREEN

sickmanfraud and MonkeyTime like this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors