• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Dr Dabber Switch (Induction Vaporizer)

DabberChase

Company Rep
What temp does the switch heat up to when in cleaning mode? I'm thinking I could maybe hit in in cleaning mode.. or would this not be possible?

The Switch can reach up to 800 degrees in Advanced and Crystal modes. The cleaning cycle will reach 1000+ degrees and you can definitely use this function to dab with, but we DO NOT recommend this for the same reasons that other posters have mentioned.

Feel free to reach out to us via email if you have any other questions.

Halfqq

Formerly Highland7
I bought one ... for a good price on boxing day ... couldnt beleive it was included in the 20% off store wide.

First impressions are very positive. It reminds me of my herbalizer when I first bought it because of the exceptional build quality. I have a mighty and Herbalizer for flower ... between the 2 I'm completely covered. I highly recommend both btw... I've learned not to waste money on a bunch of smaller garbage vapes - just go for the best ones. Which lead me to the switch.

Also I choose this over the puffco because there aren't any parts that will break or need replacing (am I right about this? My little induction oil cup should last for how long?)

I dont normally write reviews but I'm pretty impressed and quite baked. If you read my previous post ... i was smoking hot dabs. Like the nail would be red or the enail turned up to 999 degrees. Naturally, i tried the switch at the highest setting (around 800 degrees I think). Loved it.

Never really used a carb cap much before but the hit was much softer than my rig. At first I was thinking "okay not bad, but not great" because it didnt punch me in the face like my rig and enail. But I realized I am getting a little higher with the 800 degree hit from the switch (i think) than I would from the rig and the hit didnt hurt as much (I'm assuming cause the temp isn't so hot anymore).

So - great so far. Need to use the cleaning function and perhaps change the amount of time it stays "on" for. 20 seconds seemed a little long in the beginning but as I'm learning to use a carb cap it seems about right.

hd_rider

My little induction oil cup should last for how long?

I was just wondering to myself how long the induction cups last, i.e., how many cleaning cycles can they undergo before its time to replace them? Are there any tell-tale signs that the cup needs to be replaced, other than the inside finish wearing away / coming off?

I see that replacements can be purchased on DD's website and I plan to stock up on Switch accessories when their 4/20 sale rolls around.

Gully1423

Hey guys,

Just joining tonight after having my switch for 2-4 weeks. I've sort of just stumbled onto FC trying to learn more about different accessories and experiences surrounding the switch..

I'm glad I was able to read almost every page post release. People wrote a lot of good stuff and I think it gives people a solid idea of what they are in for. Even if we or the FC community might have a seasoned taste to great vapes n dabs I'd say things were well covered and pretty fair.. I bought it for dabs and if I ever load flower it wont be that important to me. I've enjoyed reading all the experiences, excitement etc.

Thanks to every who shared so I and others could learn. It seems DD has killer customer service so that's also cool af. I got my eternal quartz and mav glass on the way. Once I dial those in I'll be back to share thoughts it's tough to say my experience on the piece right now with the original bowl.

Cheers, :2c:

sickmanfraud

Hey guys,

Just joining tonight after having my switch for 2-4 weeks. I've sort of just stumbled onto FC trying to learn more about different accessories and experiences surrounding the switch..

I'm glad I was able to read almost every page post release. People wrote a lot of good stuff and I think it gives people a solid idea of what they are in for. Even if we or the FC community might have a seasoned taste to great vapes n dabs I'd say things were well covered and pretty fair.. I bought it for dabs and if I ever load flower it wont be that important to me. I've enjoyed reading all the experiences, excitement etc.

Thanks to every who shared so I and others could learn. It seems DD has killer customer service so that's also cool af. I got my eternal quartz and mav glass on the way. Once I dial those in I'll be back to share thoughts it's tough to say my experience on the piece right now with the original bowl.

Cheers, :2c:

Welcome to FC @Gully1423. I am pleased that you found FC and appreciate the information contained in these Forums.

hd_rider

I have a question about the crystal induction cups.

My understanding is that crystal mode runs at a higher temperature than standard / regular mode.

Is there any reason why a crystal induction cup cannot be used in standard mode? Will it not get hot enough?

ChooChooCharlie

@Gully1423 - Eternal did not include the outer titanium induction cup with my order. I had to use the ones included with DrDabber's quartz inserts (Sale now, $32 for Dabber's quartz with induction cup) And, MAV did not include the silicone gasket.

@hd_rider - The quartz is heated by nesting within the outer titanium induction cup. Induction heats the titanium, which then heats the quartz. That extra heat transfer step requires more thermal ooomph.

Induction heating is safe and fast, but there's another advantage -- "even heating" -- Haven't seen it mentioned here much. (except in Dabber's marketing) I think it's a fantastic feature unique to this design with quartz cup within an induction cup. Quartz cup is heated on entire surface simultaneously very quickly, not just from bottom like others

hd_rider

The quartz is heated by nesting within the outer titanium induction cup. Induction heats the titanium, which then heats the quartz. That extra heat transfer step requires more thermal ooomph.

Thanks for that but I am aware of how the induction technology works.

What I was hoping for feedback on was what happens if I use a titanium / quartz induction cup with the SWITCH in 'standard' operating mode? Will the quartz cup get hot enough in standard mode for it to be functional?

ChooChooCharlie

Can't test now, as I no longer have it, but I did post before about a blunder I made with the smooth ceramic cups. Was not getting much, if any, vapor. Didn't read instructions, which said to use Crystal mode. So, I'd say the quartz would perform even worse in standard mode. Tiny gap between quartz and titanium, difficult heat transfer

Gully1423

@ChooChooCharlie thanks man. I love the info I've gotten here that I cant find elsewhere.

I found out my mav comes today an so I couldn't wait. Ran to a heady shop I'm loyal to and they gave me the quartz for $25 flat. Super happy on that one. :)

The mav isnt here yet but so far, I am wowed with the improvement from the original cup. Haha I'll post an update later after the end of this year.

Cheers everyone. :science:

Last edited:

stickstones

Vapor concierge
The profiles are programmed and don't respond to direct temp feedback. The main difference between the two heat modes is the preheat phase. In standard mode it's usually around 3-4 seconds. In quartz mode it's around 10 seconds, iirc. You could use the quartz bucket in standard mode and it would probably be ready to vape right about when the hit times out.

DabberChase

Company Rep
I have a question about the crystal induction cups.

My understanding is that crystal mode runs at a higher temperature than standard / regular mode.

Is there any reason why a crystal induction cup cannot be used in standard mode? Will it not get hot enough?

As @stickstones mentioned, there is really no difference in the heating profiles/settings from standard and crystal mode. Crystal mode has a slightly longer heat up time as the quartz and smooth ceramic cups take a little longer to get to the desired temp. These inserts are slightly thicker and take more time to heat up.

Please, feel free to shoot us an email if you have any questions, we are always happy to chat with our customers.

Happy New Year and Happy Dabbing!

Gully1423

Hey guys,

Hope everyone had a happy new year.. I broke in the mav recycler and quartz dish..

Let's start on the dish; huge improvement.. For my expectations the ceramic just doesnt come close to what I need. However the quartz is really close. It's got good taste, it doesnt all soak in like on the ceramic. Sometimes the dish is pretty warm on the initial drop, but I think I am getting to a work around.

Cleaning is best done every hit just qtip then pull the quartz and toss it in iso. It will be cool to touch and spotless in say 30 seconds.. I've already thrown 4 grams or so this weekend so I got cleaning down af.

The recycler is a beauty and has put the switch in a whole nother category. I need some heady. Lol pictures dont do it justice but I'll post em here later.

The clouds and draw are way way improved now. Everything is.. just waiting on my eq dish and pearl. Hopefully less than 3 weeks away. Haha

Cheers everyone :rockon:

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Hey Guys, Just reporting in. I am active in the Puffco Peak forum because it breaks all of the time and I have to bitch about it...But I haven't posted in the Switch forum because it just works! I had a little issue with the Switch and Chase fixed it immediately. Puffco on the other hand will fix your issue eventually, as long as you can find your receipt,.
First off, I would urge everyone to get the Quartz and/or smooth ceramic cup. In fact one of these should be included standard as I cannot see many flavor lovers using the stock cup. Once you have this and crystal mode figured out this thing is a beast!!!
If you put a big glob in and start hitting on the first or second aqua setting you can get hit after hit after hit out of the same load. I swear I loaded a big glob yesterday and it went for 50 hits, we were teared up and begging for mercy! LOL This device is so powerful that it can burn through your concentrate faster than you want if you don't know your temps, but once you get it dialed in it is every bit as good at conserving as my Peak.
My only big complaint is that cleaning mode kicks in for a ridiculous amount of time sometimes, especially if I try to clean it after a few dabs. It will want to cool down completely to room temperature before resetting which is weird, but I can live with it for this device.
So I have had the Peak for 6 months and the Switch for a couple, and I really do love both. But if I was just going to buy 1 portable E-rig today it would definitely be the Dr. Dabber Switch.

DabberChase

Company Rep
The recycler is a beauty and has put the switch in a whole nother category. I need some heady. Lol pictures dont do it justice but I'll post em here later.

Shoot over some links if you take any videos. Dab On!

DabberChase,

tonuzzi

Spoon Dogg
Once you have this and crystal mode figured out this thing is a beast!!!
If you put a big glob in and start hitting on the first or second aqua setting you can get hit after hit after hit out of the same load. I swear I loaded a big glob yesterday and it went for 50 hits, we were teared up and begging for mercy! LOL This device is so powerful that it can burn through your concentrate faster than you want if you don't know your temps, but once you get it dialed in it is every bit as good at conserving as my Peak.

I tried a big glob in my switch once..I had to tap out after 4 or so consecutive hits because I was so Lit that I couldn't function. I have never tried a Peak or plan on purchasing one as I find my switch is a beast and more than enough for my dabbing needs!!!

Gully1423

I have only dabbed off my peak when I left my house since I got the quartz dish and recycler for the switch.

I got some live resins that specify they are meant for 350-450 degree vaping. I have been putting the switch on the first dark blue setting. Wow! So much freaking goodness then after like 3 super tasty draws I bump it up to the third dark blue if theres any left it will cloud up. The switch as much as any piece is all about dialing it in.. I do officially love it and use it daily.

This pic may or may not work lol
https://ibb.co/gdf0Lx6

Last edited:

jsnstanley

I have only dabbed off my peak when I left my house since I got the quartz dish and recycler for the switch.

I got some live resins that specify they are meant for 350-450 degree vaping. I have been putting the switch on the first dark blue setting. Wow! So much freaking goodness then after like 3 super tasty draws I bump it up to the third dark blue if theres any left it will cloud up. The switch as much as any piece is all about dialing it in.. I do officially love it and use it daily.

This pic may or may not work lol
https://ibb.co/gdf0Lx6
Is that a rubber seal under the bubble cap? Did it come with the glass? Thanks

jsnstanley,

Gully1423

Is that a rubber seal under the bubble cap? Did it come with the glass? Thanks
The pic is prolly when I was first starting but the correct way to set it up is follows:
- Take the rubber ring off of the original carb cap
- Turn the rubber ring inside out and tuck it into the circle that the carb cap covers on ur bubbler or on the joint.
It doesnt go on easy and at first doesn't seem like it will at all, but be careful and work it on there it definitely provides a better seal and fits.

DabberChase

Company Rep
The pic is prolly when I was first starting but the correct way to set it up is follows:
- Take the rubber ring off of the original carb cap
- Turn the rubber ring inside out and tuck it into the circle that the carb cap covers on ur bubbler or on the joint.
It doesnt go on easy and at first doesn't seem like it will at all, but be careful and work it on there it definitely provides a better seal and fits.

Here are a couple quick videos to help with the bubble cap seal;

New Silicone Seal

Old Silicone Seal

We have upgraded the carb cap silicone seal to help with sealing the induction chamber. If you would like one of these upgraded silicone seals, please shoot us an email and we will be happy to ship one out free of charge. These new seals are included in all new Switch units moving forward.

New Silicone Seal installation

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
First off, I just want to give a big THANKS to DabberChase. I am brand new to the world of dabbing and have had my eye on the SWITCH for some time. I recently purchased one but had to return it for replacement due to a minor defect. When I got my new replacement back, I also had a new-style glass attachment added for no cost! Now that's customer service. I can tell that DrDabber values its customers.

Now I can devote one glass attachment to flower use and the other to concentrates.

For those owners out there, where can I find a decent selection of carb caps that I can use with my SWITCH? The glass carb cap is nice but I'm scared to death of breaking it. I'd like to try something in metal.

There aren't many Ti caps for it that I know of besides the CCA Liger caps. , but my favorite cap happens to be one of those, the CCA Tsunami cap.

29c5aok.jpg

mpnatx

Love the glass ball on my Switch. This one didn't come with the round black sleeve that helps with the joints.
Is this still available?
Thanks

mpnatx,

DabberChase

Company Rep
Love the glass ball on my Switch. This one didn't come with the round black sleeve that helps with the joints.
Is this still available?
Thanks

The silicone seal from the standard glass will fit on the Ball glass attachment as well.

DabberChase,
Top Bottom