Dr Dabber Switch (Induction Vaporizer)

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Any of you guys using herb mode with your abv? I’m telling you, it’s a nightcap godsend. I use my Switch several times a week with abv and I’m finally making a dent in this stuff I used to throw away. It’s like finding free weed. I’ve also got a good pile of stems to try again. The first time was a small pile and this time I think I can get somewhere.

HerbieVonVapster

probably not this as it has a silly led scale (too bad if you are colour blind, I thought manufacturers learnt their lesson with the original Arizer Air) instead of a proper interface and Bluetooth.

Wondering why the went that route. seems like a digital readout woulda been simpler. Are user finding this vaporizer controls easy to use? Also how hard would this be for someone with limited use of there hands be to operate? Would I able to use it with only 1 good hand?

HerbieVonVapster,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Wondering why the went that route. seems like a digital readout woulda been simpler. Are user finding this vaporizer controls easy to use? Also how hard would this be for someone with limited use of there hands be to operate? Would I able to use it with only 1 good hand?

That's a great question. I think you could, but I'll give it a go next time I use it to see. The only problem I see is loading the nails, but now that I think about it, I do it with one hand. I like to cold load it, and that's how you would as well.

tonuzzi

Spoon Dogg
Just got mine, Fedex left it at the door without a signature, having said that im just happy i got lol. Having said that I will report back later with my experience! :)
I received mine last night. My cab cap was broken in the box and my battery casing has a crack on the bottom..
So I glued the stem back onto the carb cap until I can get a replacement carb cap and battery. For a $400 dollar unit I'm Definitely Not Impressed:rant:me thinks I got a Lemon
I haven't even tried the fuckin thing yet

Last edited:

Baron23

Wows thanks thats was a helpful comment. Just trying find a healthier option than smoking.

Seriously it comments like yours why I tend to lurk more than post.
Look, my friend. You made a statement that there are cannabinoids that normal vaping temps don't reach.

I don't agree with that at all but do believe there are a lot of undesirable compounds of Pyrolysis beyond normal vaping temperatures which is why most of us vape.

So, IMO wanting higher than normal vape temps in order to extract compounds not available at true normal vaping temps is not justification, IMO, for using a $400 device that chars the living shit out of your flower.

You might as well just burn the stuff....hence the note about the J.

So, this was the long version of what I posted above to you.

Peace and over/out, brother :spliff:

HerbieVonVapster

All good have i have lots of respect for help support you offer this community. Comment just hit a nerve was all.

I do disagree with you on normally vaping temperature release all the medical benefits in cannabis. I really feel there could be some benefits of high temp vaping that outweigh the risk in my case.

This is why I asking and hoping other with pain issue might add there insight on if this vaporizer helped.

TheHitman

Look, my friend. You made a statement that there are cannabinoids that normal vaping temps don't reach.

I don't agree with that at all but do believe there are a lot of undesirable compounds of Pyrolysis beyond normal vaping temperatures which is why most of us vape.

So, IMO wanting higher than normal vape temps in order to extract compounds not available at true normal vaping temps is not justification, IMO, for using a $400 device that chars the living shit out of your flower.

You might as well just burn the stuff....hence the note about the J.

So, this was the long version of what I posted above to you.

Peace and over/out, brother :spliff:
As far as I can tell it is vaping a lot more of your product at lower temps than other vaporizers. Every person I know that has tried it has said they are getting noticeably higher while using smaller amounts of material. And yes, you can absolutely get brown ABV on the lower temps. Like I said earlier, go watch @SneakyPeteVaporizers review on YouTube and see for yourself.

Last edited:

Adobewan

You all are too used to your normal old boring vaporizers. Sticks even said it isn't like a normal vape that everyone here is used to yet everyone is acting like they expected god like results. Using the same glass for flower and trates? What are you even thinking, that's dumb to do and I have no sympathy for you when you complain about the taste cause you deserve it for doing that. It's a one of a kind vape that can vape the hell out of anything, obviously it isn't a bust cause there are people here that like it. Everyone I've shown it to likes it as well for BOTH flower and trates. Just because you don't like it or think it tastes bad for your sissy taste buds doesn't mean it's a bad product. Ive actually been choosing this over my flowerpot for the heavy sleep like effects it gives, nothing else I have will do that.
Different glass for flower and concentrates? Is that a thing or is this exclusive to this device? I have used flower and concentrates in the same glass, in fact, I've used both at the same time.
What's the down side and why is this dumb?

Justpassedu

Different glass for flower and concentrates? Is that a thing or is this exclusive to this device? I have used flower and concentrates in the same glass, in fact, I've used both at the same time.
What's the down side and why is this dumb?
It’s bc when you use flower before concentrates it taints the taste if you go concentrates after. so while new glass is not required a good cleaning is if you wanna enjoy the flavor of your concentrates .

freddiegibbs

Any of you guys using herb mode with your abv? I’m telling you, it’s a nightcap godsend. I use my Switch several times a week with abv and I’m finally making a dent in this stuff I used to throw away. It’s like finding free weed. I’ve also got a good pile of stems to try again. The first time was a small pile and this time I think I can get somewhere.
I'm sure you've mentioned this, so I apologize for making you repeat yourself, but what temps do you recommend for flower? ABV?

freddiegibbs,

freddiegibbs

Wow, okay, nope, that definitely wasn't for me. Took 2 hits of bud at green 2 and immediately regretted it. Char taste and smell followed by a putrescence knifing its way up my throat and ending in a coughing fit. My guess is I'll probably never try flower mode again, especially owning a Cloud Evo.

Now, I can't say I'm too terribly disappointed. I read this thread from the beginning and knew what I was getting myself into, thanks in no small part to @stickstones's meticulous posts. I didn't expect to use this thing much for flower, so no illusions have been shattered here. I still think the Switch is great for concentrates, and have no regrets about my purchase. And judging from some of the responses here, there will certainly be a fair number of people who are perfectly happy with what it does to their bud.

That said, I do wish Dr. Dabber had marketed how flower mode works a little more transparently. It seems like a poor strategy to design something that's sure to turn off a large segment of the market you're aiming for, yet not at least embrace your product for what it is. Especially for $400. Let's face it: if this thing was 200 bucks and still performed exactly the same, we'd all probably be a little less opinionated right now. But instead of making a device that will be universally liked, they made something that will wind up being contentious, and give people an easy reason to bad-mouth their product. If a convection add-on was a possible solve to this, it should be included with the base unit in the future.

Last edited:

Mystorium

Well this thing is amazing for concentrates, I took 1 hit in crystal ball mode level 3- led 3 and put my self into a fucking coma lol! I have not tried flower mode and wont be for some time ( I have a lot of other vapes for flower)

The only issue I am having is that the bubbler rocks from side to side and it doesn't make a perfect seal, I will be reaching out to Dr. Dabber via email right after this post with a video

Update:
nvm i just read through the past posts from dr dabber, they added a silicone seal to prevent this issue . I thought it was rubber and just for protection during shipping. my bad >.<

Last edited:

Hoosier

Update:
nvm i just read through the past posts from dr dabber, they added a silicone seal to prevent this issue . I thought it was rubber and just for protection during shipping. my bad >.<

So is it not actually GonG?

Hoosier,

JCat

Accessory Maker
As far as I can tell it is vaping a lot more of your product at lower temps than other vaporizers. Every person I know that has tried it has said they are getting noticeably higher while using smaller amounts of material. And yes, you can absolutely get brown ABV on the lower temps. Like I said earlier, go watch @SneakyPeteVaporizers review on YouTube and see for yourself.
One comment on the “gets you higher than other vaporizers” ... vape signature? Let’s see how it plays out over time ... all new vapes with different signatures get me higher for a while ...

HerbieVonVapster

For abv I start on green 3 and hit it a couple times, then bump to 4, repeat to 5. I haven’t used it with fresh flower in ages.

I do have a lot of avb i end up throwing out. Might be a good night time vaporizer to use it up. Sure the taste isn't too great but the effect sound promising. I have a ton of other vaporizer for taste. I find myself using unregulated vaporizer when in most pain at high temps.

With more dispeneries open have access to concentrates and sounds like it's a winner there.

Don't really have anything in my collection that vapes in the higher range temperatures without risking combustion.

Looks like it's backorder so will have time to decide. Still mixed review's and looks like a heavy unit to be shipping back if needs repaired or firmware update. Kinda wish they went with app or something that allowed user updates.

BigTx88

I really like the Switch so far.
Its easy to use and it heats super fast. Gets me nice and high every time.

I only use concentrates thats my only experience.

I think version 2.0 will come with an LCD display and a bluetooth/smartphone app.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
It sounds like some members are enjoying the same noxious effects that beginner vaporists often have trouble giving up when switching to vaporization. I think we should really think twice before celebrating the addition of benzene and other byproducts of incomplete combustion in our vapor...

biohacker

It sounds like some members are enjoying the same noxious effects that beginner vaporists often have trouble giving up when switching to vaporization. I think we should really think twice before celebrating the addition of benzene and other byproducts of incomplete combustion in our vapor...

Oh common man, it's just different and we really don't know what's going on here in terms of the carcinogens that it's producing ;)

Top Bottom