DIY Hakko + SSV Heater Cover

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
Do you think one of these would work instead of the SSV cover?

2q00hky.jpg

I mean, the metal cover screws on, am I correct?

(Sorry if I sound like a retard :lol: )

SpiralArchitect,

KeepCalm

Reindeer, reindeer, reindeer
Dude, if you know at all what size threads/what it can screw into/what it screws into on an actual vaperwarez box I would be once again greatly in your debt!

For vaporbonging I think the 90 degree angle on the SSV feels far superior to something inline like one of these... but overall, the vaporwarez covers should be a boon for DIY vaping. See my vaporhookah project in which I'm using the hands free ground glass cover. Should have a big update this weekend :D

KeepCalm,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
^cool man...thanks for all the kno how on this lil device

your advise for finding the longest #3 screws you can get...well i fucked that advise up....i need longer ones...

the SSV heater cover keeps slipping out of the vinyl tubing....i got me a portable SSV now...

woo! :o

:peace:

Hennessy1414,

KeepCalm

I just got a WAY better bowl for this setup than the one I was using. It's made by roor.us and it's just their regular 18.8 no frills snapper with a narrowing section in the middle. Holds way more than what I was using and is perfectly round (almost every bowl tends to be out of round believe it or not - go roor!) and thus forms a good seal with the SSV cover.

I'll post a pic when I find my fucking camera charger.

Hope you can work out the kinks Henny it's worth it. Most any hardware store should have #3 screws and if you think for a minute you can figure out what length you'll need.

KeepCalm,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
KeepCalm said:
I just got a WAY better bowl for this setup than the one I was using. It's made by roor.us and it's just their regular 18.8 no frills snapper with a narrowing section in the middle. Holds way more than what I was using and is perfectly round (almost every bowl tends to be out of round believe it or not - go roor!) and thus forms a good seal with the SSV cover.

I'll post a pic when I find my fucking camera charger.

Hope you can work out the kinks Henny it's worth it. Most any hardware store should have #3 screws and if you think for a minute you can figure out what length you'll need.
oh it very simple to find the screws......getting off my ass is another story :lol:

im going to use a stand for her...so it can really mimic the SSV

watch out hennessy a ghetto/cheap mo fucker :p dont stop meah

Hennessy1414,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
SpiralArchitect said:
Do you think one of these would work instead of the SSV cover?

http://i39.tinypic.com/2q00hky.jpg

I mean, the metal cover screws on, am I correct?

(Sorry if I sound like a retard :lol: )
ok huge idea for this one!

so hook up the end of either the hands free or hybrid model^ to an extreme bowl chamber....have a CUSTOM bong/glass chamber that is the male joint(the reverse of what would normally be on a GONG bong)

so all you do is load the herb....flick on the homemade hakko/vaporwarez piece to the E-bowl and your good to go...
:bowdown:

dude that would be so sick
(I really want to do this^^^^)

oh Clear Dome where you at man :lol: us vaporist need help with a reverse GONG bong

Hennessy1414,

jx80

This looks really nice, can this be done without a dremel, can the ssv just slide over the ceramic and be ready for use use?Thanks.

jx80,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
jx80 said:
This looks really nice, can this be done without a dremel, can the ssv just slide over the ceramic and be ready for use use?Thanks.
dremel use only :)

edit////

I now own a homemade SSV...bought the bowl to match the heater cover over the ceramic tip...wow :o

gives me some real nice hits...like any whip you get larger clouds if you load the bowl with like a .4/.6 of ground herb but that was to be expected.

my SSV heater cover is cracked but still air tight...im tempted to get the custom whips...but ill save that for the day i actually have an ssv to go with it

overall i got what i paid for....im totally :ko: nice dome rocks to tha head

its worth it ;)

( :2c: )

oh heres the pics...for those of you that care to glance :)
SSV.jpg

all i need to really support the heater cover from slipping out while i push up the bowl to it is a metal rod of some sort...i just keep the neck of the heater cover supported and theres no bending of the heater cover...no moving around!

SSVs.jpg

Hennessy1414,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
Cool Henn, have you got to try her out yet? It appears so, but what are you using, a wand or a waterpipe?

SpiralArchitect,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
hey keepcalm..did you ever rig up that vaporwarez heater cover to vape bowls with? seems like a very good idea

also how did you get the glass heater cover to stay taught in the vinyl tubing..it keeps moving around because the plastic is getting a lil warmer(never melts/burns off) i need to keep something on the back of the neck pressed up against it while i stick the whip up to take a draw...the housing for the heater cover is a lil sketchy to say the least...but this thing still rules

Hennessy1414,

Progress

'Socratic Existentialist, MD'
MW - Do you lose any of the THC in the vapor when it passes through water?
B - The loss is insignificant as THC is not really soluble in water.
Just my :2c: : Just because a substance is not water soluble, it does not mean that it can not condense in the walls/in the water (eventually forming a layer or globs of solid matter int he water). However, many accept this loss (minimal IMO) in exchange for more effective cooling and particle filtration.

Progress,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
I had once read somewhere that since there is no tar for the thc to stick to, the thc loss in the water is pretty minimal. I think the theory was that the thc stuck to the tar, which was then filtered by the water, thus the loss of THC. just my 1 :2c: not worth 2 :2c:

stonemonkey55,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
if you use water only use ONE CHAMBER

I.E. one water filtration if need be. I feel a loss of that good stuff so i useally drink the vapor water after...pretty much the opposite of bong water...the water will taste like green vaped nug(if you get to it after the first couple of sessions..)

dont use a bong with many percs in it...i would then call you a weed waster...so dont go there man

Hennessy1414,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
KEEPCALM! where you at

Hennessy1414 said:
hey keepcalm..did you ever rig up that vaporwarez heater cover to vape bowls with? seems like a very good idea

also how did you get the glass heater cover to stay taught in the vinyl tubing..it keeps moving around because the plastic is getting a lil warmer(never melts/burns off) i need to keep something on the back of the neck pressed up against it while i stick the whip up to take a draw...the housing for the heater cover is a lil sketchy to say the least...but this thing still rules

Hennessy1414,

KeepCalm

At work but will post tonight with updates etc! Thanks for the bump!

KeepCalm,

jx80

Can other ceramic soldering irons work or is the hakko only compatible with the ssv heating cover, anyone have any experience with this?

jx80,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
Any soldering iron will work but you will need a separate heat controller which kills any portability the function might have. Best bet would be to take a look at the vrip heat wand thread (thermal regulator built in), they are still being discounted, could be a good time to pick one up.

stonemonkey55,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
jx80 said:
Can other ceramic soldering irons work or is the hakko only compatible with the ssv heating cover, anyone have any experience with this?
only hakkos man...dont fuck with any lower quality

as it is this shit is semi ghetto..lets not make it stretch past that

THANK YOU KEEP CALM......waiting for your response

Hennessy1414,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
stonemonkey55 said:
Any soldering iron will work but you will need a separate heat controller which kills any portability the function might have.
first off...your wrong...a safe hakko is the way to go..i want to inhale off of something i kno is safe...not some cheap knockoff that wont even work half the time (even if it says ceramic tip..its still gonna break to bits or not get hot enouf when you take it apart)

hakko=fool proof!

SUCH AN IMPORTANT TIP FOR MAKING THIS HOMEMADE SSV when you buy the vinyl tubing..get 3/8 I.D. and 3/8 O.D. tubing. the ID fits in the other tube which goes down into the hakkos handle grip for a more true fit.

just my :2c: for this project to be easier

hey keepcalm...could you possibly change the name of this thread to HOW TO MAKE A HOMEMADE SSV

seems much for attracting and FUN!! and save people some $$ :p

Hennessy1414,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
Just to clarify, he asked what would fit with the ssv heat cover, nothing about safety.

stonemonkey55,
Top Bottom