naddude

Flavor is more subjective, but I really like the flavor. It is closer to the flavor of the Pax - very concentrated flavor, but a little lighter than the Pax. The flavor lasts longer on the mIQro than both the Pax and Fury (as long as you pack the oven a decent amount). The Fury has a much lighter flavor in general.
So far, I prefer the mIQro flavor but time will tell if it will last plus how much it will need to be cleaned to maintain flavor is also important to me.

I had the same trouble and it took me a few days to figure it out too. @Davinci_vaporizer should definitely update the manual, at least when you put it online. Others may not be as smart as the three (including @stickstones ) of us :brow:

Would any of these 3 be appropriate/safe/reputable:
https://www.illumn.com/batteries-ch...imr18350-1200mah-high-discharge-flat-top.html
https://liionwholesale.com/collections/batteries/products/vapcell-18350?variant=6132565278752
https://www.imrbatteries.com/efest-18350-900mah-protected-flat-top-battery/

Yeah, it might be slightly less than .1 g, but if this is supposed to be for microdosing, it should be able to handle a much smaller amount. It is the number 1 reason I bought it.
A larger pearl would work, but I can see how clearance would be an issue. Maybe a pearl that you can adjust once the lid is closed. (Screw goes through lid maybe). Or maybe a just a pusher (that isn’t attached to lid) like this one for Pax: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Adjustable-Sandwich-Pusher-3D-Bottom-Screen-Set-For-PAX-2-PAX-3-US-Delivery/273111078538?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649
Sorry for all the “maybe”’s!!

Do you find the the taste of the Miqro over all less "mechanical" tasting than others? I have an issue with certain brands like the Boundless Tera which has an electronic taste. May also complain about the Fury and Vivant alternate too.

Copacetic

Somewhere North of The Wall
Do you find the the taste of the Miqro over all less "mechanical" tasting than others? I have an issue with certain brands like the Boundless Tera which has an electronic taste. May also complain about the Fury and Vivant alternate too.
Apologies , you aren't asking me, but FWIW:
I find the taste from the mIQro to be surprisingly pure.
It's not as 'good' and 'fresh' as a good convection vape, but it's really not that far behind IMO.
I have a Milaana that, when you hit it just right really provides a 'high-def' presentation of the herb flavour, like a microscope or something.
My mIQro can't match that, but does give a great account of turps at low temps, without adulterating them to a detectible degree.
High temps still aren't mechanical tasting, but aren't handled as well as high temp convection vapes like the Milaana or Grasshopper (or the VC for that matter, but that's a different kettle of fish).
High temps are still OK though, and do allow good dense clouds from short draws, which convection vapes cannot achieve.
The only electric conduction vape that I own that I can compare to is the Inhalator 05, and the MIQRO is a LOT less 'mechanical' tasting than that, in fact I'd say that I can't detect any plastic or metal or other non vegetative flavours at all.

This is all very subjective though I suppose.

naddude

Apologies , you aren't asking me, but FWIW:
I find the taste from the mIQro to be surprisingly pure.
It's not as 'good' and 'fresh' as a good convection vape, but it's really not that far behind IMO.
I have a Milaana that, when you hit it just right really provides a 'high-def' presentation of the herb flavour, like a microscope or something.
My mIQro can't match that, but does give a great account of turps at low temps, without adulterating them to a detectible degree.
High temps still aren't mechanical tasting, but aren't handled as well as high temp convection vapes like the Milaana or Grasshopper (or the VC for that matter, but that's a different kettle of fish).
High temps are still OK though, and do allow good dense clouds from short draws, which convection vapes cannot achieve.
The only electric conduction vape that I own that I can compare to is the Inhalator 05, and the MIQRO is a LOT less 'mechanical' tasting than that, in fact I'd say that I can't detect any plastic or metal or other non vegetative flavours at all.

This is all very subjective though I suppose.

Thanks for that! I have a Tera (true convection) which I just received about 4-5 days ago and it handles low and high temps and small quantities just fine but I cannot stand the "mechanical" or electrical taste. This is why I am thinking the Miqro. Also I think can adjust the oven size with glass spacers between the pearl and herb to shrink it down. Thanks very much for your helpful comments!

Copacetic

Thanks for that! I have a Tera (true convection) which I just received about 4-5 days ago and it handles low and high temps and small quantities just fine but I cannot stand the "mechanical" or electrical taste. This is why I am thinking the Miqro. Also I think can adjust the oven size with glass spacers between the pearl and herb to shrink it down. Thanks very much for your helpful comments!
No worries :cheers:
For me, the master of truly tiny doses is the Vapcap.
The mIQro, even with the pearl fully extended falls some way short of that (admittedly lofty) benchmark (I haven't tried any additional spacers though).
It does OK though.
I rarely bother trying to load less than a 3/4 full VC load into the mIQro, it's just not worth it when I have better vapes for tiny amounts (VC, GH even the Milaana can do tiny doses quite well with the right stem).
The mIQro does fine with merely 'small' loads though (say, full VC bowl).

naddude

Hi.
No worries :cheers:
For me, the master of truly tiny doses is the Vapcap.
The mIQro, even with the pearl fully extended falls some way short of that (admittedly lofty) benchmark (I haven't tried any additional spacers though).
It does OK though.
I rarely bother trying to load less than a 3/4 full VC load into the mIQro, it's just not worth it when I have better vapes for tiny amounts (VC, GH even the Milaana can do tiny doses quite well with the right stem).
The mIQro does fine with merely 'small' loads though (say, full VC bowl).
I wonder what 3/4 load looks like. Currently I usually use about 3 scoops from one of those pipe tools (looks like a pocket knife) in the Tera which deals remarkably well with it. But it's a convection vape. Can you pack the Miqro take a few draws and then turn it off without cooking the rest (i.e save for a later session)?
Thanks again.

Copacetic

Hi.

I wonder what 3/4 load looks like. Currently I usually use about 3 scoops from one of those pipe tools (looks like a pocket knife) in the Tera which deals remarkably well with it. But it's a convection vape. Can you pack the Miqro take a few draws and then turn it off without cooking the rest (i.e save for a later session)?
Thanks again.
Yeah, or at least I do, nearly every time I use the mIQro.
Flavour degrades quite a lot after the first session, but no more so than with other vapes.

naddude

Yeah, or at least I do, nearly every time I use the mIQro.
Flavour degrades quite a lot after the first session, but no more so than with other vapes.

Great. Tell me does it ever get too hot or hot enough to necessitate using the "glove"?

Copacetic

Great. Tell me does it ever get too hot or hot enough to necessitate using the "glove"?
I have the glove but never need to use it.
Be advised that some other owners feel very differently re' this, but even doing back to back level 4 smart-path sessions doesn't get the mIQro painfully hot for me.
It does get hot though, and since I generally stick to low/mid temps I rarely find comfort levels to go beyond 'pleasantly warm', until I'm wringing the last high temp vapour out of a load, and then I'd describe it as hot but manageable (e.g. I don't feel the need to keep swapping from hand to hand 'hot potato' style).

This is probably even more subjective than flavour though so YMMV:shrug:

b0

Cloudy...
Just wondering, anyone have had any issues cleaning the airpath like it happened with the IQ? What about with the pusher?

b0,

naddude

"Yeah, or at least I do, nearly every time I use the mIQro.
Flavour degrades quite a lot after the first session, but no more so than with other vapes."

I guess one could dump out the partially vaped herb and save it for the next session to prevent ongoing cooking. But that's work ;)

naddude,

StringTheorista

Sometimes I open the bottom compartment and inhale fresh air through the oven to cool things off fast. I’m not sure it makes a big difference, though. Of course, you have to invert the device and inhale oven-side up, mouthpiece donw

StringTheorista,

stark1

Lonesome Planet
With a capsule, you could just pop it out;or perhaps, blow thru the MP, to cool ?

stark1,

OF

Is there a dosing capsule that works with the Miqro?

None discussed so far (as can be seen checking this thread......). Only conjecture on using the F2 unit bottoms for basically basket screens.

Nor, IMO is it likely to ever be. You do know the chamber is oval, not round, making a close fit very tough to do and even tougher to maintain?

OF

naddude

I have the glove but never need to use it.
Be advised that some other owners feel very differently re' this, but even doing back to back level 4 smart-path sessions doesn't get the mIQro painfully hot for me.
It does get hot though, and since I generally stick to low/mid temps I rarely find comfort levels to go beyond 'pleasantly warm', until I'm wringing the last high temp vapour out of a load, and then I'd describe it as hot but manageable (e.g. I don't feel the need to keep swapping from hand to hand 'hot potato' style).

This is probably even more subjective than flavour though so YMMV:shrug:

Have you ever found that your lips get uncomfortably hot with he standard mouthpiece?

naddude,

VapeKnight

Day Tripper
First use last night . I was pleasantly surprised at how cool and flavourful the vapor was. I was also expecting the standard MP to get hotter but there may not be a need to use the extension unless I'm connecting to glass. If the Miqro performed equal to my old Pax but offered more precise temp control and smaller size I would have been happy, but it out performs it in every way. great addition to my vape family.

Copacetic

Have you ever found that your lips get uncomfortably hot with he standard mouthpiece?
To be honest I've only ever used the flat mouthpiece a couple of times .
I didn't notice any discomfort on those occasions, and I'm pretty sure I took those bowls up to smart-path 3.
I doubt I went any higher though so YMMV.

I much prefer the extended MP.

Copacetic,
Reactions: Jill NYC

VapeKnight

Day Tripper
I inserted one of my Fury 2 chamber screens ( not a dosing cap ) into the Miqro and it fit and conformed to the oven shape easily , stopped the small particles, and did not noticeably reduce airflow. I also tried the extended MP which is nice, however, I don't feel the need to use it since the Vapor is already cool and it makes it less stealth. good little vape

naddude

I inserted one of my Fury 2 chamber screens ( not a dosing cap ) into the Miqro and it fit and conformed to the oven shape easily , stopped the small particles, and did not noticeably reduce airflow. I also tried the extended MP which is nice, however, I don't feel the need to use it since the Vapor is already cool and it makes it less stealth. good little vape
Great idea. I too thought of chamber screens. Here's a cheap alternative: https://www.reddit.com/r/vaporents/comments/7qoidu/fellow_fury_2_owners_has_anyone_bought_these/

naddude,

NYC_Frank

"A man with no vices is a man with no virtues"
We currently do not have spacers for the MIQRO. However there are lots of smoke shops with mini spacers that can be used in the small MIQRO bowl. A customer shared a photo with me and they are working great for him. We'll keep you updated about MIQRO spacers and thank you for your patience during this time :-)
Anthing new on those spacers Davinci???

Top Bottom