Davinci_vaporizer

Clean First Technology
Manufacturer
@NYC_Frank, so far nothing from our camp on the spacers. The customer I was referring to was using glass beads in addition to the pearl to minimize space.

I walked back over to our PD team to light some fire under them. Different sized pearls would be optimal, but the issue with that seems to be them clearing the hinge. Maybe a different shape would work, but now I'm just speculating.

What's the ideal dosage size you are trying to get down to .1?

naddude

@NYC_Frank, so far nothing from our camp on the spacers. The customer I was referring to was using glass beads in addition to the pearl to minimize space.

I walked back over to our PD team to light some fire under them. Different sized pearls would be optimal, but the issue with that seems to be them clearing the hinge. Maybe a different shape would work, but now I'm just speculating.

What's the ideal dosage size you are trying to get down to .1?

Yes we are all trying to get down to .1 at least. A thick small glass spacer or an adjustable pearl which can be adjusted when the oven is closed would be best (like the Pax pushers.).

Thanks.

NYC_Frank

"A man with no vices is a man with no virtues"
That will do it ... placing an order on Monday .... welcome to the family Miqro ... :tup:
I placed the order first thing Monday morning and amazingly POTV had it delivered on Wednesday at noon ... i happened to be on jury duty when i received the notification that my Miqro had arrived so i drove home at our lunch break to take a look and get it charged up for my first Micro flight later that day. The unit itself is an amazing piece of engineering and I am very happy with the perlformance although I would really welcome a Davinci glass spacer to be able to effectively use it for .1 or even .05 loads. Happy 4/20 and best wishes to everyone and your families for a happy and peaceful Easter & Passover weekend :peace:

Last edited:

naddude

There are some reviewers who say the vapour is hot and harsh with the Miqro. Has anyone noticed this? How does th e"heat" and harshness compare with other vapes such as: Pax, Fury, Tera or Vivant for example?

naddude,
Reactions: OF

MinnBobber

i happened to be on jury duty when i received the notification that my Miqro had arrived so i drove home at our lunch break to take a look and get it charged up for my first Micro flight later that day.

So what did the rest of the jury think about the IQ performance? :)

MinnBobber,
Reactions: NYC_Frank

OF

There are some reviewers who say the vapour is hot and harsh with the Miqro. Has anyone noticed this?

Such has not been reported here, in fact quite the opposite........

Search on 'hot harsh' and you'll find 7 'hits'. Two yours, the one asking above and one claiming 'other people say Solo is harsh' (which I believe most owners would not agree with). Of the remaining five, two use one of those terms for other discussion, the other 3 to specifically say MIQRO is NOT harsh in their opinion. Specifically.

Why don't you ask these other reviewers (evidently not here) why they say that.

I get it it's just easier to fire off a question and let others do the work for you, but we did agree to check the thread to see if the question has been covered before posting?

So what did the rest of the jury think about the IQ performance?

I think you can safely say we liked it? At least generally.

Regards to all.

OF

naddude

Such has not been reported here, in fact quite the opposite........

Search on 'hot harsh' and you'll find 7 'hits'. Two yours, the one asking above and one claiming 'other people say Solo is harsh' (which I believe most owners would not agree with). Of the remaining five, two use one of those terms for other discussion, the other 3 to specifically say MIQRO is NOT harsh in their opinion. Specifically.

Why don't you ask these other reviewers (evidently not here) why they say that.

I get it it's just easier to fire off a question and let others do the work for you, but we did agree to check the thread to see if the question has been covered before posting?

I think you can safely say we liked it? At least generally.

Regards to all.

OF
OK. Thanks. Best wishes.

naddude,

cpl5938

I have one of these on the way. I do just a little puff at a time, one big hit in the evenings. Anything more than a couple of hits is too much still after decades. I used an Ubie, then the MFLB for years and want to try something new and self contained.

cpl5938,

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
I have one of these on the way. I do just a little puff at a time, one big hit in the evenings. Anything more than a couple of hits is too much still after decades. I used an Ubie, then the MFLB for years and want to try something new and self contained.
This isn’t the best vape for that kind of usage. I don’t want to throw you off course, if you already bought it, but I wanted to give you fair warning.

Jill NYC,

cpl5938

This isn’t the best vape for that kind of usage. I don’t want to throw you off course, if you already bought it, but I wanted to give you fair warning.

Yeah, I figured that from many of the reviews but stealth was the primary need. I’m crossing my fingers.

cpl5938,
Reactions: Jill NYC

cpl5938

Do folks use a screen in the oven? The holes look a little large. What happens to finely ground material that gets sucked through the holes. Does it all just go up the vapor path or somewhere into the device itself?

cpl5938,

OF

Do folks use a screen in the oven? The holes look a little large. What happens to finely ground material that gets sucked through the holes. Does it all just go up the vapor path or somewhere into the device itself?

I don't, which I think is typical. Some guys bend screens to fit, but don't seem to stick with it?

Debris can be an issue, it happens in similar DV vapes, but this design was done to minimize that. I find that most can be easily blown out if you do it when hot. The airpath comes out and can easily be cleaned with a pipe cleaner or similar. There's a small spot just under the ceramic bowl, before the ceramic airpath that's a bit awkward, but IMO not a big deal. That area would foul even with screens.

OF

cpl5938

I don't, which I think is typical. Some guys bend screens to fit, but don't seem to stick with it?

Debris can be an issue, it happens in similar DV vapes, but this design was done to minimize that. I find that most can be easily blown out if you do it when hot. The airpath comes out and can easily be cleaned with a pipe cleaner or similar. There's a small spot just under the ceramic bowl, before the ceramic airpath that's a bit awkward, but IMO not a big deal. That area would foul even with screens.

OF

Very helpful. Thank you!!

cpl5938

I received the Miqro yesterday and here’s some observations. This thing is small; the pictures and videos are helpful but until you hold it in your hand it’s really hard to tell exactly how small. I got the graphite color, which is similar to what Apple calls Space Grey.

I would consider what I do to be micro puffs rather than micro doses. Even though I’ve been partaking for decades, I’m still a lightweight and can’t do more than a hit or two at a time, like every couple of hours. And that’s at night. During the day, it's very little if at all.

The first thing I did was charge up both batteries. Did a couple of burn throughs as described on the Davinci site. Then I filled up and tamped the oven, which doesn’t hold a lot. And the oven is just the white part, right? Anyway, I turned it on and tried out Smart Paths 2-4 over the course of the evening. Some things I discovered while using the Miqro are below.

You can definitely take a hit or two and then leave it for later. I experimented with taking a hit, then turning the unit off, waiting a few seconds and then inhaling whatever vapor was left (not much). I also experimented with turning the unit off close to the end of a hit and then just continuing to inhale to get all the vapor. Similar to the MFLB technique of disengaging the battery for the end of a hit. Both of my methods worked fine and I had no issue then starting the unit later on and continuing. I didn’t notice a huge drop in taste toward the end. Nor is there much ambient odor from the unit.

Battery life is definitely on the short side. I got about 20 minutes or so from the battery. I’m sure because of the methods I just described I’m getting less battery life due to turning the unit on and off so much and it having to come up to temp, rather than doing “sessions.” However, it seems on par with the life I would get for batteries with the MFLB so not too worried. Plus I’m sure I’ll get a few more minutes after a couple of more battery cycles.

This whole device gets warm even when I’m just taking a couple of hits. Not hot, but I can feel it from the flat mouthpiece on my lips. Not a big deal for me, but I’m sure if you’re doing a whole session, it could get uncomfortable.

I got the Explorer version with all the extra accessories since it was a 420 sale. The extra battery is nice, as is the case and battery/materials can. However, I wish the case accommodated the metal can better, but it really has a hard time closing with it in there along with the Miqro. It’s easier to just have the battery in the case. I guess I can understand since they sell both accessories separate, but it would have been nice regardless.

Bottom line is I’m happy with it for my style of vaping. It’s very stealth, well made and just fun to use. Coming from a MFLB it’s taking a little while to get used to hitting from a metal/glasslike mouthpiece, and those big holes in the oven make me nervous, even though folks say a screen isn’t necessary.

My purchasing choice was between the Miqro and an Arizer Argo. Now having seen the Miqro in real life, I’m sure the Argo is smaller than I imagined as well. So that may be my next purchase.

naddude

I received the Miqro yesterday and here’s some observations. This thing is small; the pictures and videos are helpful but until you hold it in your hand it’s really hard to tell exactly how small. I got the graphite color, which is similar to what Apple calls Space Grey.

I would consider what I do to be micro puffs rather than micro doses. Even though I’ve been partaking for decades, I’m still a lightweight and can’t do more than a hit or two at a time, like every couple of hours. And that’s at night. During the day, it's very little if at all.

The first thing I did was charge up both batteries. Did a couple of burn throughs as described on the Davinci site. Then I filled up and tamped the oven, which doesn’t hold a lot. And the oven is just the white part, right? Anyway, I turned it on and tried out Smart Paths 2-4 over the course of the evening. Some things I discovered while using the Miqro are below.

You can definitely take a hit or two and then leave it for later. I experimented with taking a hit, then turning the unit off, waiting a few seconds and then inhaling whatever vapor was left (not much). I also experimented with turning the unit off close to the end of a hit and then just continuing to inhale to get all the vapor. Similar to the MFLB technique of disengaging the battery for the end of a hit. Both of my methods worked fine and I had no issue then starting the unit later on and continuing. I didn’t notice a huge drop in taste toward the end. Nor is there much ambient odor from the unit.

Battery life is definitely on the short side. I got about 20 minutes or so from the battery. I’m sure because of the methods I just described I’m getting less battery life due to turning the unit on and off so much and it having to come up to temp, rather than doing “sessions.” However, it seems on par with the life I would get for batteries with the MFLB so not too worried. Plus I’m sure I’ll get a few more minutes after a couple of more battery cycles.

This whole device gets warm even when I’m just taking a couple of hits. Not hot, but I can feel it from the flat mouthpiece on my lips. Not a big deal for me, but I’m sure if you’re doing a whole session, it could get uncomfortable.

I got the Explorer version with all the extra accessories since it was a 420 sale. The extra battery is nice, as is the case and battery/materials can. However, I wish the case accommodated the metal can better, but it really has a hard time closing with it in there along with the Miqro. It’s easier to just have the battery in the case. I guess I can understand since they sell both accessories separate, but it would have been nice regardless.

Bottom line is I’m happy with it for my style of vaping. It’s very stealth, well made and just fun to use. Coming from a MFLB it’s taking a little while to get used to hitting from a metal/glasslike mouthpiece, and those big holes in the oven make me nervous, even though folks say a screen isn’t necessary.

My purchasing choice was between the Miqro and an Arizer Argo. Now having seen the Miqro in real life, I’m sure the Argo is smaller than I imagined as well. So that may be my next purchase.
Thanks those are great observations. Do you find a need for the glove and it sounds like your lips get warm but how is the vapour (warm or cool)?

Enjoy!

cpl5938

Thanks those are great observations. Do you find a need for the glove and it sounds like your lips get warm but how is the vapour (warm or cool)?

Enjoy!

Oh, forgot about the glove. I haven't used it yet but I'm sure it will help holding the Miqro but not the warm mouthpiece. The vapor temp was cool to warm but very pleasant. I guess it's hard to judge how warm it would get since I'm only doing a hit or two at a time.

cpl5938,
Reactions: ataxian

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT

Some like to go screen less?
I don’t like salad or lettuce with my vapor?
I guess it depends on your perspective exposure?

I have a cheap low budget portable that work’s better than a joint?
Now I want something small and non noticeable?

I don’t know what 2 get?

SCREEN’s 4 me are important!
Other’s don’t mind?
Some don’t clean or don’t care 2!

ataxian,
Reactions: Jill NYC

Davinci_vaporizer

Clean First Technology
Manufacturer
@Jill NYC and @naddude Regarding the spacers, I've been talking to these guys: https://www.navapouch.com/, they offer a fillable natural fiber pouch to place your herbs in- and it could in fact act as a spacer in a way. What do you guys think about this approach? I see some benefits, such as convenience to carry them and the ability to keep the chamber clean.

@cpl5938 congrats on the new Miqro addition and thank you. There is a boost mode on the device that most ignore, but it also serves as "economy mode" and that might work for your style of vaping. During a session, hold the control button down and you will see arrows start to go up, and it will tell you the temp it is boosted to. When you let go, it cuts power and will start to cool down and turn off if you don't press any more buttons.

About screens- some people use them, but we've really consistently tried to design vaporizers that don't need them. Putting a metal screen in a ceramic chamber just doesn't seem right. I'd recommend that users adjust their grind before going that route.

Top Bottom