dms25

New issue here; I've had a sudden draw resistance increase. Cleaned out everything, still the same. I know people say there is too much resistance but I found it was perfect, not any more though. If I remove the airpath its fine and if I suck through the airpath alone its fine too, when put together though it's so tight, any ideas?

dms25,
Reactions: OF

mulciber

New issue here; I've had a sudden draw resistance increase. Cleaned out everything, still the same. I know people say there is too much resistance but I found it was perfect, not any more though. If I remove the airpath its fine and if I suck through the airpath alone its fine too, when put together though it's so tight, any ideas?

First, have you thoroughly cleaned the mouthpiece and rubber gasket that holds it in? I prefer the flat mouthpiece and I find it clogs easily. I actually bought a spare so I could switch one out on the fly if need be. If you're using the long mouthpiece and all that is clear, and you've cleaned the air path thoroughly, the only thing between the chamber and the air path is another rubber gasket. It's inaccessible, but I picture it as being like the mouthpiece gasket, but fixed in place. It has a small hole in it, which is where the zirconia air path shaft connects with the chamber. This can become occluded, but it's not very likely. Compressed air from the chamber side may tell you something. Other than that there are no parts, afaik, that can become blocked. However, if that small hole between the zirconia air path and the chamber has become blocked due to excessive residue, perhaps a soft pipe cleaner dipped in isopropyl will clear it. Just be careful that there's no sharp end that can damage the rubber.

dms25

First, have you thoroughly cleaned the mouthpiece and rubber gasket that holds it in? I prefer the flat mouthpiece and I find it clogs easily. I actually bought a spare so I could switch one out on the fly if need be. If you're using the long mouthpiece and all that is clear, and you've cleaned the air path thoroughly, the only thing between the chamber and the air path is another rubber gasket. It's inaccessible, but I picture it as being like the mouthpiece gasket, but fixed in place. It has a small hole in it, which is where the zirconia air path shaft connects with the chamber. This can become occluded, but it's not very likely. Compressed air from the chamber side may tell you something. Other than that there are no parts, afaik, that can become blocked. However, if that small hole between the zirconia air path and the chamber has become blocked due to excessive residue, perhaps a soft pipe cleaner dipped in isopropyl will clear it. Just be careful that there's no sharp end that can damage the rubber.

Mouth piece is clear. I also suspect something trapped under the chamber, but strange thing is without the air path in place the air flows great.

Customer support suggested I plug the chamber with my finger and pour some iso down the air way and let it sit there a while, not sure if I dare though.

dms25,

mulciber

Mouth piece is clear. I also suspect something trapped under the chamber, but strange thing is without the air path in place the air flows great.

Customer support suggested I plug the chamber with my finger and pour some iso down the air way and let it sit there a while, not sure if I dare though.

I've never tried it, but it would suggest a clog in that inaccessible rubber gasket, due likely to residue. I think the electronics are well-isolated and it shouldn't be a worry, but perhaps others have thoughts.

Good luck!

mulciber,
Reactions: dms25

OF

If I remove the airpath its fine and if I suck through the airpath alone its fine too, when put together though it's so tight, any ideas?

Don't set yourself up for a 'mind trap' troubleshooting here. Removing the airpath is a useful test at one level but it doesn't point to a 'fix'. Simply removing it allows air to rush in the port on the MP, no matter what's going on below that.

If the airpath and MP both draw freely, the obstruction is almost certainly in the hidden part under the bowl as you suspect. I share your concern about pouring ISO into the works. If I had to do it I'd use a medium syringe (say 5 or ever 10ml?) to blast some down the airpath and out the bowl (bowl down) and follow it up with a water rinse and blast of air to dry. Solvents where you can't control them scare me. I'd fit the syringe to the AP tube first (plumbers' tape?).

First, I think I'd try going after the holes in the bowl with some copper wire and a blast or two of compressed air from bowl the MP. You should be able to blow whatever's there into the MP where it's easy to remove?

Tough nut. Good luck with it.

OF

Edit:
After a bit of head scratching, I took a careful look at mine. Turns out the copper wire idea is viable. After pulling the airpath, the hole closest the hinge is a 'straight shot' down the bore. The two next to it also can be 'fished with a fine copper wire. With a bit of hook on the end of the wire (about 20 degrees say 1/4 inch back) and you can fish from the far hole into the bore as well, just be careful to follow the curve and not bind up the wire in the ceramic hole. You need to 'hook' it in and out but that will mechanically clear all four holes (and a single one should help a LOT).

Shining a flashlight up the bore the AP sits in onto the base of the bowl (back side) helps show what's going on.

The wire I used is .040 inches, 1mm? Jacket included.

Just take it easy, the ceramic is thin. I'd work on it warm/hot so deposits are hot.

Good luck.

OF

Last edited:

StringTheorista

So last week, one row of lights in my miqro’s display suddenly stopped working. Have been trying to resolve this by email with DaVinci and I’m having a very frustrating time of it.

Has anyone else had any problem with the display panel on their device? It’s not an issue I’d heard of before.

StringTheorista,
Reactions: Jill NYC

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
So last week, one row of lights in my miqro’s display suddenly stopped working. Have been trying to resolve this by email with DaVinci and I’m having a very frustrating time of it.

Has anyone else had any problem with the display panel on their device? It’s not an issue I’d heard of before.
The first few days I thought I saw missing lights.
But then I realized the sleeve was inching up a bit and covering up the bottom row. :p
Other than that, I haven’t had that issue.

It sounds very annoying.

Jill NYC,
Reactions: Vaporific

Copacetic

Somewhere North of The Wall

No such issue with my unit :shrug:
Everything hunky dory here so far (pre launch unit, occasional use at all temps.)
I hope DV get you sorted on the double, good luck.

Copacetic,

ApparentlyStoned

When life gives you lemons, lemon tek
Does anyone know if the caps for the pax would fit on the Miqro?
Would something like them work?

ApparentlyStoned,

dms25

Don't set yourself up for a 'mind trap' troubleshooting here. Removing the airpath is a useful test at one level but it doesn't point to a 'fix'. Simply removing it allows air to rush in the port on the MP, no matter what's going on below that.

If the airpath and MP both draw freely, the obstruction is almost certainly in the hidden part under the bowl as you suspect. I share your concern about pouring ISO into the works. If I had to do it I'd use a medium syringe (say 5 or ever 10ml?) to blast some down the airpath and out the bowl (bowl down) and follow it up with a water rinse and blast of air to dry. Solvents where you can't control them scare me. I'd fit the syringe to the AP tube first (plumbers' tape?).

First, I think I'd try going after the holes in the bowl with some copper wire and a blast or two of compressed air from bowl the MP. You should be able to blow whatever's there into the MP where it's easy to remove?

Tough nut. Good luck with it.

OF

Edit:
After a bit of head scratching, I took a careful look at mine. Turns out the copper wire idea is viable. After pulling the airpath, the hole closest the hinge is a 'straight shot' down the bore. The two next to it also can be 'fished with a fine copper wire. With a bit of hook on the end of the wire (about 20 degrees say 1/4 inch back) and you can fish from the far hole into the bore as well, just be careful to follow the curve and not bind up the wire in the ceramic hole. You need to 'hook' it in and out but that will mechanically clear all four holes (and a single one should help a LOT).

Shining a flashlight up the bore the AP sits in onto the base of the bowl (back side) helps show what's going on.

The wire I used is .040 inches, 1mm? Jacket included.

Just take it easy, the ceramic is thin. I'd work on it warm/hot so deposits are hot.

Good luck.

OF

Wire worked. Dislodged some resin build up. I'm suprised how much was under there after just 3 weeks of use.

I'll be giving it an Iso clean too soon as I'm planning on flying with my Miqro next week. Will try a syringe and then rinse with water after.

OF

Wire worked. Dislodged some resin build up. I'm suprised how much was under there after just 3 weeks of use.

I'll be giving it an Iso clean too soon as I'm planning on flying with my Miqro next week. Will try a syringe and then rinse with water after.

Excellent! Thanks for the feedback, good information to have on tap for other owners. Please let us know how the flush out works?

Going forward you might question the cure of your herb. Experience with other vapes (principally MFLB at first) has taught us that 'well cured' (dry) herb doesn't foul nearly as much. In MFLB you can't clean inside (doesn't disassemble and has a wooden body) so it's very important. Vapes like Solo with glass stems also show this, but they can be easily cleaned so it's not so important. The theory seems to be that excess water vapor condenses close to the load and then traps condensate that follows making that 'oil and water don't mix' mess. As it goes on, the water content of the fouling keeps the condensate from ever evaporating (the water goes first, but never completely) so it grows from there. On the next new load, more water is captured and the cycle goes on.

Just a guess, but based on experiences with other units.

Regards to all. Enjoy your trip.

OF

Dabtanian

Hey yall, I got a miqro around Christmas with a view to really push myself to finally ditching combusting this year and I use it pretty much daily as my out and about Vape atm. I really enjoy it. I'm used to carrying a few 18350s around with me as I used to be into small high end ecigs so that's just habit for me and no drama.

The only issue I've had so far has been the silver plate inside the top of the unit that shrouds the part that's not the battery door, has come unglued and falls out when the vapour path is removed.

I've not stuck it back in as I'm a bit concerned about adhesives and fumes and no idea what's safe to use and the vapour path does hold it firm in place whilst it's in so day to day is liveable atm.

mulciber

The only issue I've had so far has been the silver plate inside the top of the unit that shrouds the part that's not the battery door, has come unglued and falls out when the vapour path is removed.

I've never dealt with their CS, but if they say you need to send it back for repair, I would ask for a replacement. I'm sure it can't be that onerous a request. At the same time, I'd ask if there's a DIY suggestion. They may have a special adhesive or the like that they can send you, rather than have you package and mail back the unit. I think most companies would just as soon avoid that if they know how.

Good luck!

mulciber,

Herbalist23

Hey yall, I got a miqro around Christmas with a view to really push myself to finally ditching combusting this year and I use it pretty much daily as my out and about Vape atm. I really enjoy it. I'm used to carrying a few 18350s around with me as I used to be into small high end ecigs so that's just habit for me and no drama.

I've not stuck it back in as I'm a bit concerned about adhesives and fumes and no idea what's safe to use and the vapour path does hold it firm in place whilst it's in so day to day is liveable atm.
Hey @Dabtanian , I have the same issue with BOTH of my units too (silver plate came loose)! Have you contacted DaVinci because of this? If so, which solution they offered?

Herbalist23,
Reactions: Dabtanian

Dabtanian

I hadn't until Fri, wasn't really bothering me so much but @mulciber comment above had been playing on me and thought what the heck. not received a reply as yet and as they seem relatively active here i just pm'd them here rather than look up their email...

Dabtanian,

StringTheorista

They’ve got a whole RMA system. It was a bit complicated to get into, a confusion of multiple emails, and 2 RMA numbers for only one issue, but ultimately it worked. I sent back my miqro that had one row of lights go out, and I received a replacement unit about 3 weeks from the start of the process.

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
Thanks for following up with us @StringTheorista I have been meaning to ask if they resolved it.
Sounds a bit more cumbersome of an ordeal than some companies (and far easier than others!), but good to hear they ultimately took care of you.

Davinci_vaporizer

Clean First Technology
Manufacturer
Davinci_vaporizer,
Reactions: Vaporific

ive_ana

Hi all, I'm looking to get a new vape in this price point. I have the Solo 2 & Grasshopper. I want something that's small & somewhat easy to clean. I'll be using it while out and about outdoors in the city. How long does the battery last on the Miqro? Anyone also have a Grasshopper? How do they compare with battery & smell? Thanks!

ive_ana,

mulciber

Hi all, I'm looking to get a new vape in this price point. I have the Solo 2 & Grasshopper. I want something that's small & somewhat easy to clean. I'll be using it while out and about outdoors in the city. How long does the battery last on the Miqro? Anyone also have a Grasshopper? How do they compare with battery & smell? Thanks!

I'm going to cut to the chase: You're a Grasshopper owner, so surely you're aware of the issues. Like many, I currently have not one, but two units in repair, one for more than a year. I could go on, but if you're interested in hopper horror stories, you know where to look.

That said, I ADORED the GH. To my way of thinking, for a certain narrow range of use, of the type you describe above, I couldn't imagine a better design, and it was pleasurable enough (when it worked) for extended use as well.

But when I sent in my second hopper for the second time I realized that I had to find something else. The Da Vinci MIQRO was that, and I'll say it clearly: I now feel as positively about it as I did about the GH, in many ways more so - and in "one and done" use as well as extended. In terms of stealthiness, in almost every way the MIQRO actually outdoes the GH, mainly due to the fact that one can't completely enclose a Hopper within one's palm. (For the record, the GH beats the MIQRO w/regard to heat-up time, which contributes greatly to that device's stealthiness. But it's close.)

Cleaning is a breeze, and I'll leave it at that. I'm sure others will attest. Mine remains always spotless, after a half-year's use.

There is one area in which the MIQRO simply SOARS past the Grasshopper - as unreliable, fickle, and fragile as the GH is well-known to be, the Da Vinci product is 180 degrees in the other direction. This is a well-engineered and very solid device that the maker rightly takes pride in.

The battery does give out in roughly half the time of the larger 18650s, but in practical terms, it works. Da Vinci built in "Smart Path" heating patterns (I think you can see lots of videos on this). It takes me a while to trust that anything's not bogus, so at first I didn't give this use strategy any thought. But you'll come to realize that it's the way to maximize the use of the smaller battery most efficiently. When you learn the language of this device, batteries aren't a worry. You get about 7-10 5-min. sessions, I believe, on a full 18350, and that's likely enough to take you through a day. Extra batteries are inexpensive, and they're easily replaceable on the fly.

Side note on that: you ask about the smell, and the "Smart Path" idea is to work incrementally up in temperature with best efficiency. Therefore, it doesn't produce hugely visible clouds, but it definitely does work as promised, and the better efficiency has the side benefit of making it virtually odor-free.

The temperature strategies - Smart Paths - could be thought of as a "learning curve" I suppose, but it's not much of a curve, it's completely intuitive.

I'll leave it at that. The TL/DR is I looked for something when the Grasshopper broke my heart, and the MIQRO is it. Hope this helps.

Top Bottom