Davinci by Karma

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
Gee wiz I just thought he was being nice and giving a present to his friend. It is funny how we all take stuff differently on the net.:rolleyes:

Dreamerr,
Reactions: OF

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
ok, as long as he discloses everything to the prospective buyer, there is no problem. We used to say in the car business "there is an ass for every seat" and there is, as long as you disclose. Once again, since the OP didn't say they were going to try and misrepresent the device, I think the critical comments were premature and unwarranted :2c: :peace:

t-dub,

kushcabbage

vapor nerd
I was pretty done talking about it yesterday, obviously I should not have cared about him, his friend, or his dv. Anyone else want to change the subject since we're on the da Vinci thread?

kushcabbage,

sektr

I was obviously going to disclose the problems I had with it to a friend if I'm trying to get them to pay me for it, not just giving it to them... Even then... It's my friend c'mon man.

However after extensive testing yesterday between the DV and MFLB with different hitting techniques, I found that they both produced or did not produce the headache sensations depending on how you hit them. I'm discovering new things about vapes every day... Should stop jumping to conclusions I guess.

sektr,

Dreamerr

I was obviously going to disclose the problems I had with it to a friend if I'm trying to get them to pay me for it, not just giving it to them... Even then... It's my friend c'mon man.

However after extensive testing yesterday between the DV and MFLB with different hitting techniques, I found that they both produced or did not produce the headache sensations depending on how you hit them. I'm discovering new things about vapes every day... Should stop jumping to conclusions I guess.

Glad you tried again and it had no ill effects. I suffer from headaches and that would be a no go on anything I use. I think if you pull to fast on the DV that will happen. As I said in a previous post to you, you may want to take very small slow hits like I do inhale and repeat. I am sure just like coughing is bad for me it is bad for you with your condition. You are still taxing your lungs IMO.

Three to four hits for me may be one for others.

Dreamerr,

xivyx420

I have been using my unit at 380 and take slow deep hits, and haven't had any issues with headaches or too much vapor or getting sick of any sort. Anyway, I am glad to see that you are keeping your unit sektr :) Even still, I took it as you were going to give it to your friend because everyone has different tastes and he might enjoy what you have not "one man's trash is another man's treasure", so to speak. Some things are not for everyone. But I am glad that you have figured out the problem. I think sometimes people jump to conclusions when there is an easy fix, such as in this case.

xivyx420,

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
Should stop jumping to conclusions I guess.

but... it is so much fun:

JumpToConclusionsMat.jpg

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
I'm thinking of taking the plunge and buying a davinci - I've heard both great and not so great things here on FC. I need a few people who have one and maybe a Solo that can give me a comparison. Taste, hit size, and battery is what I'm looking for, this will be my on the road unit and that's why it's attractive to me.

mvapes,

sektr

I'm thinking of taking the plunge and buying a davinci - I've heard both great and not so great things here on FC. I need a few people who have one and maybe a Solo that can give me a comparison. Taste, hit size, and battery is what I'm looking for, this will be my on the road unit and that's why it's attractive to me.

Well, now that I've had a solid amount of time to form an opinion on it, I have to say the DV pleases me in all aspects. As someone who has used the Solo a fair bit as well, I'll try and give a fair assessment.

Taste-wise, the Solo takes it hands down. While my DV's taste has improved tenfold and is pretty decent now, it doesn't compare to the Solo, MFLB, or a few other vapes I've tried, but is better than the Iolite and the like.

The Solo's hit size is VERY slightly bigger IMO but it's honestly so close it's hard to judge. Both vapes need to be cleaned regularly, I've found that the DV if not cleaned regularly has GREATLY diminised hit size when it starts to get a little dirty, even if you can't feel a huge change in air flow.

In efficiency, they're both very close, and honestly IMO the DV is slightly superior. In my experience a full DV load comes out more even than a Solo load, not significantly so but upon close examination those were my findings.

For battery life, they are both pretty solid. I can get 5-6 sessions out of my DV and could squeeze probably 2 more out if I wanted to kill the battery. From what I've heard the Solo is good for another session or two vs the DV, but I've never had the chance to try it.

And finally, I come to portability/stealth. There's absolutely no comparison here. The DV looks like a walkie-talkie, is pocket sized, and very easy to use in public, whereas the Solo is bulky, hard to conceal, and uses a glass straw...

The DV also is useable when charging, whereas you need a $30 adapter for the Solo and can't charge while running off a wall outlet.

Honestly, the two are close enough for me that I'd say it comes down to just how portable you want it to be. If you just need something for car rides, the Solo is probably fine, but if you need something you can walk around with and quickly pocket, the DV is far and away the better choice. Although keep in mind if you get an adapter for your car (the ones that turn the cigarette lighter into an actual 120v outlet so you can plug in your charger for your DV), you can use the DV non-stop in there with no worries.

OF

Last night, looking for a bit of fun in a different vape, I dug the DV out again. This time loading some herb (the last couple of times have been bubble hash) and sat down to enjoy it and reflect on the day. Great session, perhaps too good even. I've discovered a funny problem with it. It stems from using Omicron carts and TV vapes lately. Seems I've gotten used to the idea of pushing a switch to take a hit. I was just fine until I'd slip into autopilot then I'd absentmindedly press one of the buttons as I took the next hit. Twice I went up (good show it stops at 425). Both times I noticed the hit getting harsher and stopped short of it getting too hot. The third time I managed to push the other button..... The next hit after that didn't work very well, it was a bit under 200F by then.

I find it kind of humorous. Seems I've become pretty comfortable with it.

OF

OF,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
That is funny, OF. It seems you would've made a good test subject for Dr. Pavlov.
:peace:

Stu,

OF

That is funny, OF. It seems you would've made a good test subject for Dr. Pavlov.

Quite the contrary. A 'learned response' is exactly what he was testing for, right? He looked for dogs that would salivate with no food, I'm pressing the wrong buttons looking for vapor.......

OF

OF,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Quite the contrary. A 'learned response' is exactly what he was testing for, right? He looked for dogs that would salivate with no food, I'm pressing the wrong buttons looking for vapor.......

OF
Meat powder / Vapor
Saliva / twitchy thumb

I know there's a connection in there somewhere, however I'm lacking the cerebral competency at the moment to make it. Where is Dr. Pavlov when you need him?

/thread derail

Stu,

OF

Where is he? He's too late. He can't document how I come to have the response, I'd be a useless subject to a real scientist.

Right?

The good doctor had to start with dogs that ignored the bell (or at least didn't drool.....).

He could prove nothing based on me, 'cept I get distracted easily maybe? Waste of a research grant, that's easy enough to show. OTOH, if we can get a grant for a couple of DV, a pile of top shelf bud and a couple of notebooks......I say 'let's give it a go'?

OF

StonerLyf

Checked out the DaVinci twitter it said they have a DaVinciSupport twitter now for all our concerns...has anyone used it yet? I was wondering about how fast the response time was & if it was useful? I've never seen this before...

StonerLyf,

Dreamerr

I don't use twitter sorry. I also never had to use support for the DV.

Dreamerr,

zomger

Woo! After emailing Da Vinci they are replacing my unit! Should have it sometime early next week!:)

zomger,

Dreamerr

They seem to back there product like a few others around here. It is nice to have a company that does that.

Dreamerr,
Reactions: Dogman

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
So I'm in NY for a while as unfortunately I lost my brother to an accident last week. While in town, especially with everything going on I needed to vape. I went into a local HS and picked up a Davinci. I'm very impressed - nice heavy hits, unit feels extremely well built. I look forward to sharing more but my focus isn't there right now. So far my only issue is, I don't like the way you clean it out. It almost seems that you have to somewhat bang the unit to get all the abv out. Any tips or tricks? Are you supposed to put weed in the can or in the screen above the chamber? I love the little brush tool too but it seems short for string the bottom chamber.

mvapes,

OF

First off, my sincere condolences for your loss. Such things are the sad part of life that often give the good meaning. You and your family have my best wishes.

I agree, it's awkward to clean but I find keeping the load very dry makes it very easy to do. The good folks at Magic Flight pointed this out a while back, moisture seems to play a big role in fouling. Keeping it dry prevents fouling in the MFLB in places like under the screen you can't clean clear for a very long time.

I like the brush, but it didn't last long. It seems the bristles are not a good handle..... I've used a chopped down Boar Bristle 'artist brush' with the metal ferrule (the bit between the handle and business end) bent at about 45 degrees to fit in under the lid, however the 'dry herb only' trick trumps that.

I found herb in the can to not work well (needs too much heat), although it works well for concentrates. On advice from others I don't put herb or concentrates in the upper chamber (it may work for other 'botanicals'?).

Otherwise I agree, it seems a nice unit if it fits your needs. I enjoyed mine yet again just yesterday, now that it's charged again, I may do so again later today...... It's not a substitute for a full on home vape.

Again, best wishes.

OF

OF,
Reactions: Dogman

Dreamerr

My condolences as well.

To load and clean the davinci is its biggest drawback. I guess you figured out loading without losing half your herb which I do often. To unload it is easy. Here are a couple of ways it can be done.
1-Best way is while it is still hot, open hold open with palm on top of the top and straw, bang bottom with other hand and all the herb falls out. If you packed it in then you need to use the metal part of the brush to loosen. Stick it in to the bottom and do as above.
2-If you had to let it cool before unloading you will need to use the brush. Stick it to bottom, move stuff around and follow banging above. Do it again to make sure.
3-If you had to let it cool crank it up again but it doesn't have to be that hot and follow number 1.

Dreamerr,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I find that a toothpick with a 1/3 broken off can be used to help empty out a spent load by stirring into an inverted DV.

Stu,
Top Bottom