Davinci by Karma

max

Out to lunch
I haven't had any real issues with unloading or cleaning. I normally don't load large so maybe that helps. The screen at the top of the heating chamber is the biggest aggravation to me. There's always herb stuck to it and it needs cleaning the most often by far. Doesn't take a lot of time or effort, but once I open it up I hate to close it again without at least brushing the screen off.

OF said:
.... I don't put herb or concentrates in the upper chamber (it may work for other 'botanicals'?).
Personally, I don't think the company originally intended the top section to be loaded. They may have said, 'yeah you can do that', thinking it was an added benefit, but I've never been tempted to load it. I think there's more downside to it than up.

max,

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
Max I hate to clean vapes. I am not sure why I suppose I just want to vape and do no work. I work enough doing my daily stuff. The top screen if you want to make it easier and do it a lot less you can just blow out the straw while hot and a quick brush and most of not all will be gone. I use the same method with the INH which does clean the capsule screen better but it still works on the DV to an extent. I hope this makes life a bit easier. I hate having to remember to unscrew the top screen while hot cause as you know it is impossible when cooled.

Dreamerr,

zomger

Well, I have my new unit. A few things that may be note worthy. When I received my unit it had a full battery. No smell in the box and only a faint smell coming off the unit (seemed normal as my old unit still had this after months of use.) One negative thing I've noticed is my battery doesn't seem to last as long on this unit. My old unit I could get 9 sessions easily. This new unit I can only get 7 out of, not really a big deal, I don't go on any extended trips where there is no electricity. Just happy to have a Da Vinci again!
Tip for loading: Use a playing card or business card that's laminated. Something that you can bend so when you go to load you can just tap everything in without much material going everywhere.
Tip for unloading: As dreamer said it's very easy to tap the material out when the unit is still hot. Unfortunately, the finely ground material probably won't tap out so easily so wait for the unit to cool then use the brush to brush it out. If unloading while hot isn't an option use the tip of the brush as a 'poker' to loosen up the material then tap it out that way or stir the material with the tip of the brush while holding the unit upside down.
If you're still having troubles you might be packing the material too tight. I personal don't do any packing. The Da Vinci is convection and air flow is pretty important for it to be as efficient as possible.

zomger,

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
Thanks for all the wishes guys, this week has been so difficult and it's only getting started. I will try some of the techniques as I will need my mj later for sure. I think the unit is awesome, having an no2 I'm psyched about how quickly the davinci heats. I notice too that if I use it while plugged in the temperature seems to bounce a bit. Nothing significant but about 10 degrees up and down. I've been running it at about 375 but I'm thinking of dropping a bit as it seems to cook my green pretty quick. Overall, in a time of crisis I'm very pleased with my purchase.

mvapes,

Dreamerr

Yea yea I have tried to business card and I failed lol. I am usually lying down which doesn't help so all over my shirt it goes lol.

Mvapes thanks for the laugh today. I always complain how slow the DV warms up. I agree with not packing it down at least not a lot. I find I start at 375 for a few hits then drop to 365. I would say half on each. Because of the vape being convection the temp does fluctuate so if you are taking long hits or back to back hits expect it to drop a lot.

Dreamerr,

StonerLyf

I ordered one of their car chargers which solves the problem of having to find a wall outlet (which can be tricky in public places) haha

StonerLyf,

Dreamerr

Car charger...do tell stonerLyf. I didn't know I can do that.

Dreamerr,

OF

Car charger...do tell stonerLyf. I didn't know I can do that.

You can't, at least not directly. Or at least you shouldn't.

You can plug it into an inverter (110 VAC) using the factory 'wall wart', but plugging a 'cigarette lighter cord' into the trusty steed 'barefoot' (without their WW) will not charge properly when the engine is off and will over drive it (potentially) when it's running. This is why the maker does not at present offer this option.

It's a voltage thing, you know......

OF

OF,

Dreamerr

I don't know that is why I have all of you. I won't do it then. I have never deaded it while out since I don't go out for long. I hate being out of the house cause then stuff happens like the other day the flat on my wheelchair. There is no AAA for wheelchairs and no spare on board ugh..

Dreamerr,

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
So after a few days of pretty heavy use I am really enjoying this vape. The slight ass funk taste has gone away, the battery seems to be similar to the no2 so I'm ok with that. I like the hits it produces which obviously is most important to me so this unit is going to become my on the go vape for now. I just wish the door or lid was removable for easier loading and cleaning. Anybody find a good carry case they enjoy? Would love some ideas from the crowd.

mvapes,

Dreamerr

I just chuck it in my pocket. It isn't that delicate but I think I posted here that I left the side switch on two weeks ago. Oh my it went up to 430 I smelled weed and all of a sudden took it out and it was on 430 and spent my bowl. If I was able to feel it I would have known sooner oh well.

Dreamerr,
Reactions: mvapes

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
I just chuck it in my pocket. It isn't that delicate but I think I posted here that I left the side switch on two weeks ago. Oh my it went up to 430 I smelled weed and all of a sudden took it out and it was on 430 and spent my bowl. If I was able to feel it I would have known sooner oh well.

Lmao - that made me laugh out loud at work!

mvapes,

OF

There is no AAA for wheelchairs and no spare on board ugh..

Bummer that. I guess I lead a sheltered life, I didn't even know they blew up? I wonder if they make little cans of 'fix a flat' (like for bikes?) that would be handy? OTOH, I really like the spare on board idea. Hang it on the back, like a Continental..... Once again, you could be a trend setter. Folks all over would rush to follow your lead?

Anybody find a good carry case they enjoy? Would love some ideas from the crowd.

I really like these little camera cases, well made, cheap and fit a lot of things (including cameras it turns out....). I sometimes use one for my DV:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005HNF01O/ref=oh_details_o03_s00_i00

I know you wanted ideas from 'the crowd', but I'm schizophrenic.....does that count? How about the little voices in my head?

OF

OF,

Dreamerr

Bummer that. I guess I lead a sheltered life, I didn't even know they blew up? I wonder if they make little cans of 'fix a flat' (like for bikes?) that would be handy? OTOH, I really like the spare on board idea. Hang it on the back, like a Continental..... Once again, you could be a trend setter. Folks all over would rush to follow your lead?

I really like these little camera cases, well made, cheap and fit a lot of things (including cameras it turns out....). I sometimes use one for my DV:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005HNF01O/ref=oh_details_o03_s00_i00

I know you wanted ideas from 'the crowd', but I'm schizophrenic.....does that count? How about the little voices in my head?

OF

I like all the ideas of your friends or enemies in your head. I hope they don't annoy you to much I know how it can get since I had a friend that was schizophrenic and shared a lot with me. I like that case hmmmmmmmmm maybe I will get it.

Yes some wheelchairs have air tires because they ride better. I would have been great if fix a flat would have worked but it broke at the valve. I had a pump and my son tried. I flew over to the bike shop and they showed my son the cut because I couldn't get out of the car. I am going to try one more time with the air tires and keep the no air spare tires in the car. The idea of a wheelchair is to keep them as light as possible so adding a spare on the chair is way to much weight. My chair is about 20 pounds. There is a lot more to the store but this is about vapes so I vaped on a lot that day and haven't left the house since.

Dreamerr,
Reactions: OF

Davinci_vaporizer

Clean First Technology
Manufacturer
Checked out the DaVinci twitter it said they have a DaVinciSupport twitter now for all our concerns...has anyone used it yet? I was wondering about how fast the response time was & if it was useful? I've never seen this before...

We've also recently added Live Chat support on our website. Just click on the chat icon in the upper right corner. I tested this out anonymously, and the response was perfect.

Davinci_vaporizer,
Reactions: Dreamerr

MrNorml

You can't, at least not directly. Or at least you shouldn't.

You can plug it into an inverter (110 VAC) using the factory 'wall wart', but plugging a 'cigarette lighter cord' into the trusty steed 'barefoot' (without their WW) will not charge properly when the engine is off and will over drive it (potentially) when it's running. This is why the maker does not at present offer this option.

It's a voltage thing, you know......

OF

I didn't know... Thanks for the info.

MrNorml,
Reactions: Pfb1500

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
I want to hear some of everybody's methods on dumping their load (giggity)from the DaVinci. I know while its warm is best but it seems to me that I find loose grinds just keep on coming. Also, will a simple q tip with ISO be fine in cleaning the chamber?

mvapes,
Reactions: Pfb1500

OF

I want to hear some of everybody's methods on dumping their load (giggity)from the DaVinci.

I open the top, turn it over and tap it. No problems. I use only very dry, fairly fine ground herb in the chamber, nothing sticks. What little deposits there are are above the chamber and easy to deal with.

OF

OF,
Reactions: mvapes
Top Bottom