Davinci by Karma

Davinci_vaporizer

Clean First Technology
Manufacturer
Centizen,

direct from the boss:
"13.2 volt, lithium ion battery. don't know the mAh, size is 'cell phone' use (3 pcs 1 " x 1.5" x 1/3")"

I emailed our guy at the factory about the mAh and should hear back from him later tonight.

Davinci_vaporizer,

Davinci_vaporizer

Clean First Technology
Manufacturer
norcal said:
and all materials are lead free and non toxic at high temps?

Yes.

We're going to submit our vaporizer for official certification for the components. It takes time and $, but worth it to us. We didn't want to take any shortcuts on parts for the sake of saving a few dollars.

Davinci_vaporizer,

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
Davinci_vaporizer said:
Centizen,

direct from the boss:
"13.2 volt, lithium ion battery. don't know the mAh, size is 'cell phone' use (3 pcs 1 " x 1.5" x 1/3")"

I emailed our guy at the factory about the mAh and should hear back from him later tonight.

Thank you so much, sounds like it will be a hard to source part though, at least by consumer means.

Davinci_vaporizer said:
norcal said:

Yes.

We're going to submit our vaporizer for official certification for the components. It takes time and $, but worth it to us. We didn't want to take any shortcuts on parts for the sake of saving a few dollars.

Out of curiosity, what is the certification you care going for?

CentiZen,

Lostclusters

Davinci_vaporizer said:
norcal said:

Yes.

Cool, I am glad someone finally get that. All that is really necessary is that there is no possible chance it will off gas anything harmful, and the temperature stays relatively constant; I am there.

Lostclusters,

Pcpvapors

CentiZen said:
Davinci_vaporizer said:
Centizen,

direct from the boss:

Thank you so much, sounds like it will be a hard to source part though, at least by consumer means.

Davinci_vaporizer said:
norcal said:

Yes.

Pretty sure it's the ROHS cert that Rick the CRZ builder has.

Pcpvapors,

Davinci_vaporizer

Clean First Technology
Manufacturer
Pcpvapors said:
CentiZen said:
Davinci_vaporizer said:
Centizen,

direct from the boss:

Davinci_vaporizer said:
Yes.

Pretty sure it's the ROHS cert that Rick the CRZ builder has.

Yes, the ROHS, as well as an FDA cert for the airpath materials, namely the flexstraw.

Davinci_vaporizer,

max

Out to lunch
Yes, the ROHS, as well as an FDA cert for the airpath materials, namely the flexstraw.
RoHS has been a EURO deal only in the past, and applies to parts/components, not the device itself. You can certainly buy RoHS compliant parts for not much more than the identical non-compliant parts, but I don't know of any agency anywhere putting a stamp of 'RoHS compliant' on a complete product. It seems like certifying an entire device would be a whole different ballgame and require testing of parts not previously ever tested in dealing with RoHS compliance.

And RoHS in China may not have the same meaning as in Europe - RoHS Means Differences in China

As for an FDA cert on the flexstraw, I think the rest of the vapor path is just as much of a concern, as it would be with any other vape.

max,

Pcpvapors

max said:
RoHS has been a EURO deal only in the past, and applies to parts/components, not the device itself. You can certainly buy RoHS compliant parts for not much more than the identical non-compliant parts, but I don't know of any agency anywhere putting a stamp of 'RoHS compliant' on a complete product. It seems like certifying an entire device would be a whole different ballgame and require testing of parts not previously ever tested in dealing with RoHS compliance.

And RoHS in China may not have the same meaning as in Europe - RoHS Means Differences in China

As for an FDA cert on the flexstraw, I think the rest of the vapor path is just as much of a concern, as it would be with any other vape.
I know that the purple day page had rohs compliant written all over it.

Pcpvapors,

max

Out to lunch
Pcpvapors said:
I know that the purple day page had rohs compliant written all over it.
Yes, and that applied to the heat resister and any other active components, along with the wiring and solder- individual components, not the complete device. If the DaVinci is using RoHS compliant components, I believe that's as far as they can go in assuring RoHS compliance.

Now if you want to go for some pricy certification, a UL listing runs about 10 grand, and hardly any vapes on the market have that.

max,

max

Out to lunch
Easy to make that mistake, when all you see is something like 'totally RoHS compliant'. I wanted to remind myself exactly how he put it, but it looks like the site is down now for good.

max,

VaporAje

VaporTower Creator
Retailer
Hi guys and gals, it was well worth my trip to Vegas to meet the Karma team and pick up the first Da Vinci. I made a video review here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEtmyzNvwA4

The few friends that have tried it so far, including myself, are highly impressed with this unit and will be testing it with others soon. Hope you enjoy the review.

Here is also my written review:

The Da Vinci Vaporizer is has become a new favorite in the portable
convection vaporizer class. I had the honor of picking up one at the Champs
Las Vegas Tradeshow, which made it worth the entire trip! First
impressions, it looks really nice, slick, well made, smooth, curvy, stylish,
high tech, digital, gadget like. Like something from the future. Yet it is
fairly simple to operate, intuitive controls, and the default starting temp
is 375F so anyone can use it easily even without having reviewed the
instruction manual, another plus. Some of the added perks are an included
self contained cleaning brush and poker tool, as we as a small storage
chamber with rubber lid inside under the "hood".
Now for the function and performance details we've all be waiting
for...I have been thoroughly impressed and satisfied each and every time I
have used the Da Vinci vaporizer for the past 5 days. It is quite amazing
how efficient it works, how much vapor I get out of one load (3 different
sessions in 1 full day!). It's easy to load the filling chamber and clear
it out again. I only use herbs so I haven't experienced it with oils. It
heats up in about 90 seconds, very fast. With the included short tubing,
sometimes it feels a little warm on the lips, so I recommend adding a few
inches of silicon tubing in addition, when space permits.
Since the technology is convection, where the hot air flows from
the bottom holes through the material instead of conduction where the
material gets "roasted" more by touching hot surface areas, this portable
vaporizer performs better than most others I've tried. It is about the size
of a cell phone, small enough to carry in a pocket easily. Unlike butane
powered vaporizers, the Da Vinci will perform just as well at higher
altitudes, and does not have igniting issues that we often hear about. The
Da Vinci headquarters are located in the USA so all service, support, and
contact is prompt. Each unit is quality control tested before being sold.
I am proud to have found and met the Da Vinci team, and have a
quality performing portable vaporizer that meets my high standards!

VaporAje,

vape4life

Banned for life
That's awesome thanks for the review and vid! Were you able to combust at all at higher temps? The ABV looks like it could use some more extraction with more temp.

How is that stem going to be cleaned? I wish it was glass.

vape4life,

J.R.R.Tokin'

Wych Doctor
Manufacturer
That unloading looked pretty awkward. Does the herb holding 'cup' come out to be cleaned and can you get an angle to look down into the 'cup' or does the flip-lid obscure?

J.R.R.Tokin',

VaporAje

VaporTower Creator
Retailer
vape4life: I have not used the Da Vinci at higher temps then setting it to 385, which may actually be slightly hotter at some point inside the chamber as the herbs pretty darkened at 385 after about 10 puffs or more. In my experiences, burning anything in a vape produces an awful taste and usually ruins the air tube and everything else the combusted smoke goes through. I prefer not to see at which temp it combusts, especially not until I can get replacement parts. For oils the higher temps might be preferable, I think this unit has plenty of power in temp range. As far as cleaning the stem, my attempts will be to use rubbing alcohol but if it doesn't clean well then I hope replacements won't be too costly since it is pretty short. I can use my VaporTower Silicon tubing for several months before it gets dirty, since vaping produces far less residue vs. burning/smoking.

J.R.: The unloading is pretty easy when using a poker or stick as a tool At this time the filling chamber is not removable but it does contain a removable/replaceable screen at the bottom of it which is a good feature. So far I've used a cotton swab dipped in rubbing alcohol to clean the filling chamber after every few loads and it seems to be keeping clean ok. We'll see how it looks over time. I did discuss making a removable chamber for herbs like they made for liquids, and feel this will be a good improvement to help keep the Da Vinci cleaner for long term. The Pocket Vape VP-600 has a removable chamber which I really like, it's a great design many portable vapes should refer to. The Da Vinci is the closest design I have seen to the Pocket Vape, yet it is smaller and battery powered, very nice.

VaporAje,

Davinci_vaporizer

Clean First Technology
Manufacturer
Aje,
thanks for doing the video review.

We enjoyed meeting you at the CHAMPS show and I'm glad we were able to live up to your expectations. I also appreciated the feedback and advice. This is what we want with the DaVinci. We want to listen to our customers and use their feedback to improve our products. We know we can't please everyone, but if we go out of our way to provide the best quality product we can and the best service possible, we'll not only have customers, we'll more importantly have fans.

We received quite a bit of feedback at the show and utilizing some of that, have had some minor changes made to the full factory run units.

edited to add:
Regarding our certifications, we've applied for several since we'll be distributing to multiple countries. I'm hoping to have the full list later this week so I can keep everyone informed of the progress and more importantly, have the correct information.

Davinci_vaporizer,

Adobewan

@VaporAje
Great review, very comprehensive, thanks.
I look forward to more of your reviews.

Adobewan,

Davinci_vaporizer

Clean First Technology
Manufacturer
I have some bad news and some good news, due to a few feedback critiques we got from CHAMPS, we're making some small changes. This will cause a slight delay in our expected March 1st date. Luckily, they aren't structural, so are quickly addressed.

We're adding a slight change to the circuitboard programming so the unit will automatically shut off after 10 minutes of inactivity. This will lead to a longer battery life and overheating (if the unit sits too long with the heating unit turned on, it can get really warm). This only turns off the heating element and not the master power switch. This was a widely asked for feature and something we could take care of fairly quickly without major tweaks to the physical unit itself (which would have been a really long delay).

We're also adjusting the door fastener. We had a physical button to the lid (as seen in Aje's video) that wasn't on the versions I used for my demo videos). This saves wear and tear on the clip inside the lid. It normally would open from the top, but we saw that users were trying to slide the button upwards. This lead to difficulty opening the lid. It's not a huge adjustment, but since all of our units are individually hand assembled, it will take some time for our initial 2000 factory units to be changed.

For those who have already pre-ordered, email me vaporizer@karmaclassic.com and I'll throw in a davinci tshirt when the units ship for the inconvenience caused by this delay.

I'll keep everyone informed on the status. As always, we're available by email, skype and phone to answer any questions and address any concerns.

These changes are a pain in the ass, but it's part of our wanting to be absolute sure everything is working 100% and will be the ultimate pocket vaporizer for our customers.

I'll also be working on my latest video: how to optimally clean and care for your davinci vaporizer.

Davinci_vaporizer,

caseball2051

thanks for the info.

sounds like some nice little improvements.

the people here also love to get updates, good or bad. It helps us decide where/what to purchase. If you headover to the stealthvape page you can see the lack of communication and the growing impatience of some members. so kudos to the communication!

reminder to anyone seeing this...its almost contest time. head over the that subforum and enter the contest to enter!

caseball2051,

Davinci_vaporizer

Clean First Technology
Manufacturer
No problem caseball. I saw that thread and how lack of communication can hurt a company.

For those who don't have our contact info:
you can reach me via email vaporizer@karmaclassic.com, skype - karmalance and via phone at 800-336-7224. If calling, ask for Lance or Shauntel and we'll be more than happy to talk DaVinci with you.

The contest has officially ended. We'll be doing the random drawing tomorrow.

We also have some extra t-shirts left over from the CHAMPS show and I'll be giving away five of those as well.

Davinci_vaporizer,

max

Out to lunch
VaporAje said:
In my experiences, burning anything in a vape produces an awful taste and usually ruins the air tube and everything else the combusted smoke goes through. I prefer not to see at which temp it combusts
Absolutely. Combustion should never be a goal with a vape.

max,

Jiltut

Pcpvapors said:
The more I've stared at this thing the more it could pads as a guitar tuner :ninja:

Um I'm thinking a little portable Radio tuner.

Hey Lance just wondering if your pre order price & FC code will still be usable a little while longer since you've delayed the main launch slightly or are some units still shipping tomorrow?

Jiltut,
Top Bottom