• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Davinci by Karma

Davinci_vaporizer

Clean First Technology
Manufacturer
hogleg said:
Davinci_vaporizer said:
For those who keep asking, I'm not going to vape canibas. I'm not a MMJ user and therefor am not going to break the law :)
Well get it in the hands of someone who can then post a user/customer video

working on it :)

lwein,
we co-own the factory it's being produced in in Shenzhen

We had a factory built to specifically manufacture/assemble this product.

Having an owner with 20+ years of experience in the import/export game helped with all of the logistics.

Davinci_vaporizer,

lwien

Also, two other questions. This is copied from your site and is a bit confusing:
-----------------------------

"Limited Lifetime Warranty

Organicix warrants only to the original purchaser of this product from a Karma authorized reseller or distributor that this product will be free from defects in material and workmanship under normal use and service for a period of 90 days. "
------------------------------

So, is it a lifetime warranty or a 90 day warranty? (don't understand how a 90 day warranty can fall under a lifetime warranty banner.)

Secondly, your site states the following:
----------------------------
"The warranty will be void if products are used with products not licensed or sold by Organicix."
----------------------------

I have no doubt that Organicix does not license cannabis. So, does this imply that the warranty is null and void if used with cannabis?

And to the FC community, my cookies are currently baking in the oven (inside joke) ;)

lwien,

max

Out to lunch
lwien, I asked the same question via email and got the answer that the warranty info on the karma site is for the Karma e-cig. I saw on one of their sites that they'd decided on a 2 yr. warranty for the DaVinci with 6 mos. on the battery.

max,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
The owner of the company has been working on this thing for over a year now, so he's especially excited about his baby finally hitting US shores.
BTW Where is davinci_manufactured ?

Abysmal Vapor,

lwien

max said:
lwien, I asked the same question via email and got the answer that the warranty info on the karma site is for the Karma e-cig. I saw on one of their sites that they'd decided on a 2 yr. warranty for the DaVinci with 6 mos. on the battery.

They have more than one site? Which is the one you are referring to? I just clicked on the site under "Davinci_vaporizer" avy?

lwien,

lwien

Abysmal Vapor said:
The owner of the company has been working on this thing for over a year now, so he's especially excited about his baby finally hitting US shores.

LOL. I just asked the same question above (first post this page). Answer.......Shenzhen, China.

lwien,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Sry hadn't refreshed.. the page :)..
Anyway ... Shenzen is familiar to me .. because there is where SKYDA is manufactured...
Do you have anything to do with them ??
healthy-portable-digital-herb-smoking-set-vap--212325607.jpg
4870.jpg

Abysmal Vapor,

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
Davinci_vaporizer said:
CentiZen said:
Well with that cleared up I think you will find us very understanding when it comes to lack of MMJ demos.

However, one thing that I am wondering now is the range of vaporization, since there are many non medical herbs that vaporize at a much much lower temperature than cannabis, does this handheld have any pre-programmed limits as to the temperature it can reach?

As well, I am interested to know the construction of the power circuits, more specifically the Power Supply Unit. In other handhelds I have owned the manufactures chose to implement a switching power supply at 15kHz which let off a high pitched whining noise that many of my friends (especially females for some reason) could detect and were mildly annoyed by. As well, what are the specifics of the power cell(s) that will be implemented in this vaporizer? Will it be a standard sized cell that could conceivably be replaced by a user with a knowledge of electrical engineering? This is a big one for me because as a Canadian resident our customs can be downright criminal in their confiscation of anything that could be remotely considered usable for cannabis, presence of resin or not.

Also, I would absolutely love to see more updates on your development blog, the more I know about the internals and working of the unit the more likely I am going to make it my new stealth portable.

For vaporization ranges, it will vary based on the vaping material. The "default" temp is 375, but it can be adjusted by the user before the secondary power switch is activated. For example, when I vaped the tobacco in the first video, I set the temp lower because 375 is too high.

This is also why we have an adjustable temperature controller. We want users to be able to vape their favorite substances and be able to adjust the heat accordingly and not just rely on the vaporizer to "know" how high or low it';s supposed to go.

For the circuitry, I don't have a lot of information on it, but hope to have more to provide.

We've heard the high pitched noise complaint as well and have had no such feedback with our unit.

New news: Our first shipment of 10 models hit the door this morning (hand delivered by the owner of our factory) just in time for the CHAMPS tradeshow, which kicks off tomorrow. For those attending, come on out and see the DaVinci in person for yourself. Hoping to get some video today as well :) Opening up a couple tins to see the new unit was like a kid at Christmas. This thing has been through so many revisions and improvements plus with so much focus and effort on this, it's a big relief to see the fruits of our labor come through the door. It makes all of the 10-12 hour days worth the while.

While I realize we can't be everyone's vaporizer of choice and I still have plenty to learn about vaporizers, vape enthusiasts, I'm excited that we're finally approaching official launch day and can share it with the amazing guys I've met through FC (thanks everyone for the emails and phone calls).

Thanks for your reply, however I am still rather curious to the type and size of power cells that will be implemented in the unit and whether or not they are accessible to the user. Sending it across the Canadian border to get the battery replaced simply is not an option for us so I think that this is a key point for many. Getting it in to us is going to be hard enough.

CentiZen,

Davinci_vaporizer

Clean First Technology
Manufacturer
Abysmal Vapor said:
Sry hadn't refreshed.. the page :)..
Anyway ... Shenzen is familiar to me .. because there is where SKYDA is manufactured...
Do you have anything to do with them ?? http://img2.topfreebiz.com/o2011-10...e-digital-herb-smoking-set-vap--212325607.jpg http://www.tradeford.com/pimages/t/0/4870.jpg

Nothing to do with them, though we are familiar with them.

Our factory was specifically built to produce the DaVinci. I'm not at liberty to divulge too much information due to non-disclosures and trade secrets, but the co-owner of the factory also owns several factories and produces other e-cigarettes, but this is the first vaporizer he's produced.

Davinci_vaporizer,

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
Abysmal Vapor said:

Answered a few posts up....
Shenzen, China

Its clear the manufacturer isn't going to tell us about the airpath or the specific materials being used. There is no evidence other than hype from the manufacturer other than some really poor videos that this thing might actually work as advertised.

soon enough someone will get one and try it and hopefully tear it apart and the truth will come out.

I hope to be wrong and have another quality product, I'm certainly interested.

ru_frothi,

caseball2051

Davinci is running a contest, enter. Hopefully someone wins and posts up a thorough nin depth Review. Andi hope its me lol

caseball2051,

Pcpvapors

caseball2051 said:
Davinci is running a contest, enter. Hopefully someone wins and posts up a thorough nin depth Review. Andi hope its me lol
That is actually required in the contest that you do a write up/ video(if available)

Pcpvapors,

hatfieldsmama

caseball2051 said:

where do i enter the contest?

hatfieldsmama,

caseball2051

In tge contest forum. Im on my phone so I can't link you but iyd you hit index from third response abd scroll down youll see it!

caseball2051,

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
caseball2051 said:
In tge contest forum. Im on my phone so I can't link you but iyd you hit index from third response abd scroll down youll see it!

Look, I'm sorry,I know you probably were in a hurry and typed that on a keypad the size of a graham cracker but that made no sense. Like not even a little bit. Does anyone else know where we can enter this contest? Or caseball perhaps if you could correct your post once you get on a computer with a real typing device (I am an awful cell phone typist as well)

rufrothy said:
Its clear the manufacturer isn't going to tell us about the airpath or the specific materials being used. There is no evidence other than hype from the manufacturer other than some really poor videos that this thing might actually work as advertised.

soon enough someone will get one and try it and hopefully tear it apart and the truth will come out.

I'm hoping your wrong too but I'm beginning to have similar fears. Especially after my question about the power cells was ignored twice. As someone in the very secretive smartphone industry I can understand the need to keep NDA's in line and IP protected but Karma seems to be almost pulling an Apple when it comes to this vape. I wish even one of the members here was able to go to the event where they supposedly showcased them to even see if they work as claimed, or that we could get at least some specifics about the units composition and power supply.

CentiZen,

Davinci_vaporizer

Clean First Technology
Manufacturer
CentiZen said:
caseball2051 said:

Look, I'm sorry,I know you probably were in a hurry and typed that on a keypad the size of a graham cracker but that made no sense. Like not even a little bit. Does anyone else know where we can enter this contest? Or caseball perhaps if you could correct your post once you get on a computer with a real typing device (I am an awful cell phone typist as well)

rufrothy said:

I'm hoping your wrong too but I'm beginning to have similar fears. Especially after my question about the power cells was ignored twice. As someone in the very secretive smartphone industry I can understand the need to keep NDA's in line and IP protected but Karma seems to be almost pulling an Apple when it comes to this vape. I wish even one of the members here was able to go to the event where they supposedly showcased them to even see if they work as claimed, or that we could get at least some specifics about the units composition and power supply.

Power cells are not accessible to the user generally. If someone wants to hack it and do it that way, of course it's possible, but it would void the warranty.

We handed out a couple samples at the show and drew rave reviews. I'll wait and let them post before name dropping, but those we talked to are excited about the DaVinci. I've even heard rumors that someone very prevalent in the industry and here on FC has already shot a demo video :)

Davinci_vaporizer,

Davinci_vaporizer

Clean First Technology
Manufacturer
lwien said:
I'm still waiting for some answers to post #153 & #156. ??

It was already answered by max, 2 year warranty on the unit, 6 month on the battery. :)

the warranty on our e-cigs is different.

Our web developer is making some updates.

To answer another question, the unit heats up to 430 (although I wouldn't recommend vaping that high). That information will be corrected on the main site as well. With some of our early prototypes, there was a temp difference, but the final units will be 430.

Davinci_vaporizer,

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
Davinci_vaporizer said:
Power cells are not accessible to the user generally. If someone wants to hack it and do it that way, of course it's possible, but it would void the warranty.
Understandably so, but a warranty means nothing when your unit is taken by customs getting there.

I don't want to sound like a broken record but this is very important; what are the specifics of the battery? Voltage, mAh, composition, size?..

CentiZen,
Top Bottom