Davinci by Karma

j man

does anyone have much experience using the da vinci at high altitudes? i live at 7200 feet, and have noticed i vape at a higher temperature than others. i start at 380-385 F and always end up at 405 F by the end of a session.

If anyone is curious about the essential oil blends, I'd be happy to send out a sample :)

My favorite is the Calm, as it contains Kava Kava which is a natural muscle relaxer.
at what temperature do you vape with the Calm oil canister? i know on the back of the package it says 220-320 F but i tend to go more 330-360 F depending on how new the can is

j man,

Davinci_vaporizer

Clean First Technology
Manufacturer
@Davinci_vaporizer: Can any other PG-based liquids be vaporized in the cotton-filled canisters, most notably, e-juice? I've searched this thread, and Vapor S. Thompson doesn't recommend it (http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/davinci-pocket-vaporizer-by-karma.4928/page-25#post-234879) but if I always listened to suggestions, I'd probably never be here...

I guess I'll try it against sound advice; if I can find a new use for my dear DV, I'd be even happier. I'm toying with the idea of putting a cotton wad lightly saturated with some type of Tasty Puff or some flavor-changer in the upper area chamber as well, but the e-juice is the real portion I'm curious.

Personally, I do use PG based liquids in my DV...especially E Juice. I've even replaced my cotton swabs in the cans with fish filter material so I can use different blends. I'm not really sure why Vapor S Thompon doesn't suggest it.

Also, I do like to vape the Essential Earth Blends at a higher temp too...I usually crank it up to 320-365 because I just think its more effective. Others disagree, so I guess to each their own.

Thanks for the heads up on the site...and the compliment! If our website looks weird right now...pardon, but I've been changing things on it all day- happens with live site changes unfortunately. But sometimes...the code just won't cooperate!!!

GanjaDude

Hey All,

The inside top chamber that connects to the straw now moves it doesnt come out but freely moves backwards and forwards has anyone else experienced this and do they have a fix?

GanjaDude,

GanjaDude

Like the whole big metal chamber where you screw the screen onto that whole metal piece now moves from side to side but doesnt come out or anything.

GanjaDude,

GanjaDude

Capture.png

GanjaDude,

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
GangaDude can you still screw the mouthpiece in without any problem ? Just asking I don't know of any fix for this as I've never read anywhere else about a problem like this.
Wish you Luck and happy Vapin' .

RUDE BOY,

GanjaDude

GangaDude can you still screw the mouthpiece in without any problem ? Just asking I don't know of any fix for this as I've never read anywhere else about a problem like this.
Wish you Luck and happy Vapin' .
Yeah everything still works its just a pain in the ass when i unscrew the straw as it keeps spinning sometimes lol also when taking off the bottom side of it

GanjaDude,
Reactions: RUDE BOY

elevation

One thing i like about this device is that it seems to extract very well, even at lower temperatures. When vaping dry, i prefer using low temps.

I usually keep mine at 365/185, and depending on load size my sessions are between 5 to 10 minutes. Still, the bud comes out evenly extracted and it looks about done for my preferences. Usually i load it about 3/4 full (i think about 0.2 but that's just a guess)

What it comes down to is that the Da Vinci is less irritating for me than the Arizer Solo or the MFLB, which is very nice for a vape that i bought for 'dry' use.

Edit: Even though a Gong adapter would be nice! :lol:

elevation,
Reactions: RUDE BOY

Beigeman

OK,
Whilst waiting for my replacement davinci I invested in a tornado ecig with clearomizers. I liked it sooooo much I have started mixing my own flavours (my current fav = rich pipe with a hint of vanilla). I tried last night to use the e liquid in one of the oil cans with the davinci. I filled it up as a would have done a zippo, slowly drop by drop until the cotton was saturated. I then vaped it at initially 200 c and then 185 c (which seemed the better temp to me). At 200c I constantly heard sizzling and pops as I guess I over filled the can.
The flavour was lovely, deep and full, but I found the amount of vapour a lot less than from the tornado ecig.
please can anyone offer their experience of vaping e liquids, i.e. how many drops to fill a can without overspill, the best temps, techniques for greater vapour, long shallow breaths or faster draws, mix ratios for e liquids, etc. I would most appreciate other peoples opinions.

Also is it safe to leave the can in the oven or should I remove it after each use?

Beigeman,

Swarley

Hey,
I am new to vaporizers and just purchased a Davinci 2 weeks ago.

Part of why I wanted a vaporizer was because I heard it helped conserve material, yet I have the feeling I have to use more material to get the same effect as I would use in for example a bong. Also, even at 385F there is no/almost no visible vapor, yet in the introduction video I found a few pages earlier there was a lot of visible vapor after a very short puff. (I dont care about the visibility of the vapor, only about the effect)

I'm always loading the chamber, let it heat up untill the light changes to green and take 5-6 long puffs.

Is there something I do wrong? Could there be something wrong with my unit? Or could it be that vaporizers aren't as efficient as I thought?

Sorry if this has been anwsered before, I read around 20 Pages and couldn't find anything about it.

Beside the fact that I feel it's not that efficient I love my Davinci, great little thing. :)

Swarley,

GanjaDude

Hey,
I am new to vaporizers and just purchased a Davinci 2 weeks ago.

Part of why I wanted a vaporizer was because I heard it helped conserve material, yet I have the feeling I have to use more material to get the same effect as I would use in for example a bong. Also, even at 385F there is no/almost no visible vapor, yet in the introduction video I found a few pages earlier there was a lot of visible vapor after a very short puff. (I dont care about the visibility of the vapor, only about the effect)

I'm always loading the chamber, let it heat up untill the light changes to green and take 5-6 long puffs.

Is there something I do wrong? Could there be something wrong with my unit? Or could it be that vaporizers aren't as efficient as I thought?

Sorry if this has been anwsered before, I read around 20 Pages and couldn't find anything about it.

Beside the fact that I feel it's not that efficient I love my Davinci, great little thing. :)

Is your material properly dried? With dried material I fill up the bowl without packing it set my vape to 380 turn it on. Once the light goes green I wait 1 minute and take a long slow pull and get pretty thick clouds of vape. Because there is no combustion you don't get any carbon monoxide which would provide you with a different type of high. I feel like since using my vape I am using less product to get the same effect.

Hope this helps!!

GanjaDude,

max

Out to lunch
RUDE BOY said:
It came fully charged and set at 405F
It goes up to 405 when you turn it on? :huh: What happened to the 375 preset temp? I hope you don't start your bowl at 400- you're wasting herb with any vape if you start out that high. I usually start at 340-345 for best taste, and move to 350-355, then about 365, and usually finish at about 385. My ABV is so dark at that temp that I see no reason to go higher, although occasionally I will take a final hit or two above 390.

Swarley said:
I have the feeling I have to use more material to get the same effect as I would use in for example a bong.
First of all you won't get the same exact effect as with smoking. Smoke gives you some additional effects from the smoke byproducts that really don't have anything to do with the cannabinoids you're after. Vapor is a more uplifting, cleaner high. Also keep in mind that vapor visibility is very dependent on good lighting.

I've used a lot of vaporizers over the years, including 8-10 different portables. The DV suits my needs for a pocket portable just fine, and can provide nice hits with plenty of visible vapor on exhale. IMO you're either doing something wrong (like sucking way too hard and thereby dropping the temp too low), there's something wrong with your unit, or you have a high tolerance level and need to get adjusted to vapor. Could also be a combination of any or all of those things. The one sure thing is that a properly operating DV is a very effective portable vaporizer.

Swarley

Thanks, I was always worried about wasting it if I let it sit after the light goes green, but maybe I should just wait a minute, will definately try that as soon as I get to use it again.. I'm kinda dry right now ;)

Another thing I just remembered, if I take a pull it sounds kinda ''airy'' (like there is a lot of air coming through/in, hard to describe since I'm not a native speaker), is it supposed to be like that?

Edit: Just saw your post Max, I feel like I should try it again and report back in a few days
Thanks for your posts

Swarley,

GanjaDude

Thanks, I was always worried about wasting it if I let it sit after the light goes green, but maybe I should just wait a minute, will definately try that as soon as I get to use it again.. I'm kinda dry right now ;)

Another thing I just remembered, if I take a pull it sounds kinda ''airy'' (like there is a lot of air coming through/in, hard to describe since I'm not a native speaker), is it supposed to be like that?

Edit: Just saw your post Max, I feel like I should try it again and report back in a few days
Thanks for your posts
Yeah dude give it another shot remember the take slow tokes and let it sit at temp for a min that always gives me better results. I also keep all of my vaped weed and use it to make cannabutter so even if you don't extract everything you can find uses for the left over product.

GanjaDude,

max

Out to lunch
I was always worried about wasting it if I let it sit after the light goes green
If the preset temp is still 375 (like mine), then by the time you get a green light there's absolutely no point in waiting any longer to hit it. I turn mine on and immediately lower the temp from 375 to about 345, so I'm getting good hits long before I move the temp back up to around 375. Starting low temp and moving it up as your vapor production trails off is much preferable to starting off at a high temp IMO. Your bowl contents will last longer and the best flavor is at the low end of the vapor range.

if I take a pull it sounds kinda ''airy''
You're hearing the unit drawing in cold air through the intake vent. If you didn't hear some kind of air flow there would be a serious problem with the vape.

My advice is to keep trying with the DV. As with most vapes, your draw speed affects the temp, so be sure you don't hit it too hard. You have to figure out your preferred draw and align that with the temp you're using. If you like to hit it hard, your starting temp will need to be higher than with a slower draw speed. It's also a good idea to avoid going back and forth between vapor and smoke. Dedicate up to a week to nothing but vaping, so you get used to the vapor high. This forum is attracting new vaporists every day, and the vaporizer market is exploding, so vapor is not a fad. It's here to stay and gaining popularity all the time. It may not be your cup of tea but plenty of smokers are switching to vapor every day. It's healthier than smoking and provides an effect that a lot of people prefer to the smoke high. Give it a good try and if you think it's your unit that's the problem, contact DaVinci.

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
It goes up to 405 when you turn it on? :huh: What happened to the 375 preset temp?

No max it only came with a full charge and the temp was set to 405F out of the box, It's the First of five DaVinci's that arrived that way . I start my sessions around 350F and bump it up to 380ish to finnish my session

RUDE BOY,

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
If you draw really fast you can hear a whistling sound so I would slow my draw a lot. I think people try to take hits on vapes faster then a joint for some reason. Draw slow like a cigarette maybe. Max gave you good advice so good luck and welcome to the forum Swarley.

GanjaDude

If the preset temp is still 375 (like mine), then by the time you get a green light there's absolutely no point in waiting any longer to hit it. I turn mine on and immediately lower the temp from 375 to about 345, so I'm getting good hits long before I move the temp back up to around 375. Starting low temp and moving it up as your vapor production trails off is much preferable to starting off at a high temp IMO. Your bowl contents will last longer and the best flavor is at the low end of the vapor range.

You're hearing the unit drawing in cold air through the intake vent. If you didn't hear some kind of air flow there would be a serious problem with the vape.

My advice is to keep trying with the DV. As with most vapes, your draw speed affects the temp, so be sure you don't hit it too hard. You have to figure out your preferred draw and align that with the temp you're using. If you like to hit it hard, your starting temp will need to be higher than with a slower draw speed. It's also a good idea to avoid going back and forth between vapor and smoke. Dedicate up to a week to nothing but vaping, so you get used to the vapor high. This forum is attracting new vaporists every day, and the vaporizer market is exploding, so vapor is not a fad. It's here to stay and gaining popularity all the time. It may not be your cup of tea but plenty of smokers are switching to vapor every day. It's healthier than smoking and provides an effect that a lot of people prefer to the smoke high. Give it a good try and if you think it's your unit that's the problem, contact DaVinci.

Max I always start mine at 380 with great results, I'm going to try your method of starting off lower to see if I can get even better results!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OF

Max you converted me vaping lower then going higher gives me a much better buzz :)

Yeah, our Max, can't keep a secret. Knows his VGs real well as well, bears paying attention to when he offers advice IMO. He's not alone in the 'wise and helpful' category, but he's sure a founding member and role model.

OF

OF,

elevation

In a few days this device will be tested outdoors for the first time (for a whole day). I hope the battery will last on me.
Any tips to get the most out of my battery life?

elevation,

GanjaDude

In a few days this device will be tested outdoors for the first time (for a whole day). I hope the battery will last on me.
Any tips to get the most out of my battery life?
The most battery used is when you heat up the device so avoiding frequent heat up/cool down will surely help.

Top Bottom