Davinci by Karma

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
I can understand that . Stick around on FC and you'll be less freaked . but as you look forward to new vapes and glass and other vape toys you might get that Antsy feeling more often .

Hope you Enjoy your DaVinci , Peace .

RUDE BOY,

GanjaDude

Is the magnetic version very different from the one with the button on the side? I was sold the non-magnetic version, and was curious.

Hey Art welcome :) I have owned both the non magnetic and the magnetic version and the major differences is the straw sits lower in the top. You can pull the hinge all the way back so you can clean it really easily.

Side note what has been the most successful way of cleaning the da vinci? I currently take all screens out put in zip lock bag with iso alch and salt. I shake the bag until the screens are completely clean. Then i get a cotton swap and put some of the same iso alch/salt solution and clean the inside of the chambers then for the straw i get a pipe cleaner same solution and run that through. This seems to work out but I wasnt sure if anyone had a better solution :)

GanjaDude,
Reactions: elevation

elevation

Ganjadude, can you tell me what you use to remove the bottom screen? I have read through the beginning of this thread, but all i can find is a toothpick and that did not work for me.

elevation,

GanjaDude

Ganjadude, can you tell me what you use to remove the bottom screen? I have read through the beginning of this thread, but all i can find is a toothpick and that did not work for me.
I use a toothpick dude it has to be a wood one i get a light shine it down into the bowl get the tooth pick near one of the small circle holes above the heating element wedge the toothpick in then pull it up at an angle this normally gets the screen loose then i use the same tooth pick to try and pull it out. sometimes using 2 toothpicks like chopsticks help for the 2nd part. This is no easy task the first/2nd time you do it but after the 2nd time it becomes fairly easy.

OF

Ganjadude, can you tell me what you use to remove the bottom screen?

I use the hooked end of a safety pin. I heated the end up 'red hot' with a small torch type lighter and quickly bent a small hook in the end. You can do it cold, but it's much easier to do and you can make a smaller hook hot. I use it to pierce and hook the mesh a bit out from the edge and use the rest of the safety pin for a handle to yank it out.

You don't want too fat a wire, we don't want to mangle it up. My pin is made with .036 inch wire and is two inches long. I believe it's the industry standard "number 3":
http://www.amazon.com/Quilters-Safety-Pins-Size-Pkg/dp/B000YZCS4W

Mine came from an assortment package, which typically stop at size 2 it seems. Why a two inch pin is a size 3 (and not two) is probably something deeply Brit?

I also usually flame such screens clean as they have a lot of herb and other debris in them. I use the same lighter to heat the (SS only) screen up until it glows. Usually in to halves. The ash brushes right off and you can flatten it back out and poke it back in for more duty. The hooked end safety pin is still long enough to store safely, I've used the same pin over a year now, and a similar one before that. Used carefully you can get under an o-ring with it to lift it free. Just be careful not to poke holes in the ring.

Several of the other 'usual suspects' around here are in on this trick, you'll be in good company I think.

OF

GanjaDude

I use the hooked end of a safety pin. I heated the end up 'red hot' with a small torch type lighter and quickly bent a small hook in the end. You can do it cold, but it's much easier to do and you can make a smaller hook hot. I use it to pierce and hook the mesh a bit out from the edge and use the rest of the safety pin for a handle to yank it out.

You don't want too fat a wire, we don't want to mangle it up. My pin is made with .036 inch wire and is two inches long. I believe it's the industry standard "number 3":
http://www.amazon.com/Quilters-Safety-Pins-Size-Pkg/dp/B000YZCS4W

Mine came from an assortment package, which typically stop at size 2 it seems. Why a two inch pin is a size 3 (and not two) is probably something deeply Brit?

I also usually flame such screens clean as they have a lot of herb and other debris in them. I use the same lighter to heat the (SS only) screen up until it glows. Usually in to halves. The ash brushes right off and you can flatten it back out and poke it back in for more duty. The hooked end safety pin is still long enough to store safely, I've used the same pin over a year now, and a similar one before that. Used carefully you can get under an o-ring with it to lift it free. Just be careful not to poke holes in the ring.

Several of the other 'usual suspects' around here are in on this trick, you'll be in good company I think.

OF
I will be on the lookout for a safety pin as this sounds much easier then using my toothpick :)

Art

So I called Da Vinci's customer support, and asked about the vapor which was earlier said to be an organic compound. I am not denying this, since obviously I do not know for sure. However when I called they were relatively unclear on what it was.

The first person told me it was burning silicon and that a few burn-ins should do the trick. (That did not work). So I called again a couple days later and inquired about it again, and a different woman told me not to use the unit as it could burn and said that I should clean it and send it to them for a replacement. A bit of a hassle, but oh well, hopefully when I get time to clean and send it back, the new one won't do the same. I'm not too convinced since I believe it is simply a design flaw.

The future will tell.

Art,

1_gr8_underdog

Trapped in the Astral Planes Back from the dead
Tried the Energy essential oil blend today. Flavor is pretty good, I liked it most in the mid temps 260~290F I got roughly 12 good draws before it was finished. Found it to be very refreshing, I love ginger. It is very present in this blend, but not overpowering like I have found it to be in other premixed oil blends. Very enjoyable. Thank you DaVinci :tup:

j man

I got tired of scraping bits and pieces of herb off the screen so I started using the carts for flowers. So far I'm loving it. Keeps the unit nice and clean. And I can suck as hard as I want (giggity) with no clogging. I pre-pack a second cart and keep it in the storage bin. Kinda like the Pinnacle bullet approach. It takes an extra half minute to start getting vapor after it reaches temperature but for me it's worth it.

i had tried this before, but i wasnt getting that well of hits. how finely ground is your herb and how well do you pack the carts? since this idea didnt work for me i always have the storage compartment packed with extra ground herb for easy refilling ;)

j man,
Reactions: RUDE BOY

GreenRoom

Funny you mention this.....last night I ground some nuggets to damn near powder and filled a cart. When I put the white rubber cap on the cart it compacted the grind so much that it stopped all air flow. And the seal isn't so good between the cart and top screen so it still feels like it draws, but you're not actually pulling air through the cart. I ended up emptying the cart into the oven and ditching the idea. Loved it at first but it's too tricky to get it just right.

OF

Funny you mention this.....last night I ground some nuggets to damn near powder and filled a cart. When I put the white rubber cap on the cart it compacted the grind so much that it stopped all air flow. And the seal isn't so good between the cart and top screen so it still feels like it draws, but you're not actually pulling air through the cart. I ended up emptying the cart into the oven and ditching the idea. Loved it at first but it's too tricky to get it just right.

I found the same thing. Very very low production even when it was 'loaded right'.

Bubble, OTOH......

OF

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
The weather is great the variety of Herb isn't .

Yeah, but if you don't mind the swamps doing a TOPO coastal survey is much simpler .

RUDE BOY,

OF

The weather is great the variety of Herb isn't .

Yeah, but if you don't mind the swamps doing a TOPO coastal survey is much simpler .

I drove across it years ago, from Tampa. Dead of night, I'm not sure I was ever more than a few minutes from the coast....it seemed to follow right along with me. I sailed a fair bit of the intercoastal waterway, that too gives a new definition to where the ocean ends and land starts.

We tend to be a little more concrete with that here in California, favoring rugged cliffs and white sand beaches for the most part. Great tide pools, too. Lots of fishing and boating.

Fl is a fun place, but I came back home......

OF

OF,

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
IT's Fun if your here for a visit . otherwise its still a cultural Backwater . But it has been home for a long time . I could of and should have left a long time ago. For now i'm stuck here so gotta make the best of it , and dream of a left coast life . Peace.

OF

ha and to think over here in the rockies we are getting 8 inches of snow!! im enjoying it tho :)

Snow? Yeah, they got that up in the mountains here sometimes. Even seen it a time or two up close. Makes driving harder. I wouldn't want to live around it.....

OF

OF,

SwiftGeneration

Get Lifted.
I got those samples in the mail for the aromatherapy cans Da Vinci sent out, they are really delicious. Put my review of Energy over here: http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/da-vinci-essential-earth-blends.9434/

Tonight I'm really looking forward to trying the Calm blend. After they're finished I'll try to give everyone an idea of how long they last, etc. Thank you to the stellar Da Vinci team!

Krizzle

Hi Very high
Hello FC, first time poster here but long time vape user. My green Da Vinci vape arrived today but after switching it on the blue LED turns on but I get a blank display. I have already returned it and I am waiting a replacement. Has anyone else had this problem before? Is it fixable by resetting the unit somehow? Hopefully my replacement will be OK. Thanks in advance.

Krizzle,

GanjaDude

Hello FC, first time poster here but long time vape user. My green Da Vinci vape arrived today but after switching it on the blue LED turns on but I get a blank display. I have already returned it and I am waiting a replacement. Has anyone else had this problem before? Is it fixable by resetting the unit somehow? Hopefully my replacement will be OK. Thanks in advance.
Welcome to the forum Krizzle, I havent heard of this problem before but I'm sure your replacement will have no problems.

GanjaDude,
Top Bottom