Davinci by Karma

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
It Does sound like its on the fritz then . If you don't get an answer to your E-mails or IMs call them and tell them whats going on . The problem with it shutting down before getting up to temp should be under warranty that alone tells me it has a problem. If you have a VG by all means USE IT DON'T BURN that herb............. I wish ya luck with getting it all sorted out . my DV is down to at the moment also, missing mine. It totally rips when it works . I have other vapes to use so its not the end of the world for me, Combustion seems like it could be right now .

RUDE BOY,

1_gr8_underdog

Trapped in the Astral Planes Back from the dead
i wish ive kinda just gave up on it. ive done that x7 times the thing is spotless besides maybe the bottom inside chamber screen because i havent checked, its spotless. it is heating up but its like its not going through the straw its like watching my money just burn away without being able to benefit from it (I'm not pulling any real decent drags) ill make a vid tomorrow i was just gonna take a break, just like 15 hours ago this thing was ripping. a enigma i say. and i wish i was baked i almost combusted because i dont have anything else to fall back on i was maybe gonna go use my VG or something but meh at least i didnt combust.

ive tried different grinds, cleaning everything (straw, top screen, changing screens, cleaning the inside oven chamber, blowing on things while its heated up, slower draw pulls, faster draw pulls, slightly packing down the material loosely, also tried tightly just for the luls, tried small half loaded bowls were it doesnt even vape and comes out light brown, tried huge bowls) the temperature spikage is new it wasnt doing it this dramaticaly when i got it, and when i power it up to heat and it just stops is happening more frequently too. the air flow to the device is fine, ive figured its more than that beyond me.

Remove the screen from the oven chamber, Take a can of compressed air insert the little straw that is included with the can(DO NOT SHAKE THE CAN Or TURN THE CAN UPSIDE DOWN WHILE IN USE if it has been shaken allow 15 minutes for contents in can to settle,) Heat the DaVinci @ the highest setting of 405F(leave lid in closed position and allow it to hold this temp for 4~5mins.) . Blow short bursts of air directly into the air inlet holes found at the bottom of the chamber(there are 6 of these) then repeat a few times for all holes.Turn off the oven. Re install a new (Large) screen into the oven chamber. Use the included brush to re-position the screen to the bottom of the chamber. Give this a try and If the upper screens/ straw are good, this may solve your problem.

It sounds to me like you did a super fine grind and the particulates made it through the screen. Depending on just how super fine you grinded it(powder if I remember you called it) just stirring it may have filled the holes in the bottom of the oven chamber.:tup:

Remove the screen from the oven chamber, Take a can of compressed air insert the little straw that is included with the can(DO NOT SHAKE THE CAN Or TURN THE CAN UPSIDE DOWN WHILE IN USE if it has been shaken allow 15 minutes for contents in can to settle,) Heat the DaVinci @ the highest setting of 405F(leave lid in closed position and allow it to hold this temp for 4~5mins.) . Blow short bursts of air directly into the air inlet holes found at the bottom of the chamber(there are 6 of these) then repeat a few times for all holes.Turn off the oven. Re install a new (Large) screen into the oven chamber. Use the included brush to re-position the screen to the bottom of the chamber. Give this a try and If the upper screens/ straw are good, this may solve your problem.

It sounds to me like you did a super fine grind and the particulates made it through the screen. Depending on just how super fine you grinded it(powder if I remember you called it) just stirring it may have filled the holes in the bottom of the oven chamber.:tup:
wow i think you have solved it, i stopped grinding it so fine it still works but it doesnt vape it completly (leaing small vapable particles and i think your right im going to try that tomorrow hmmmm. if enough material clogged at the bottom oven chamber it could hinder flow right? like almost cut some of it off? because when i cleaned it i noticed alot of particles at the bottom and ive seeen the top screen with lots of excesss material come through on both sides, im scared to replace the oven screen though should i just spray the air then see if its better then replace the screen im sketch waht if i drop the screen lol i guess i could find a magnet haha.

i havent cleaned it yet woke up tried it and boom its working. it does it great now but it still stops when the bud gets eve a little brown it just seems theirs more pulls to me. it used to pull for longer.

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
hey laugingsodreamy how long is it running before it shuts off, as 1_gr8_ underdog told ya the DV has an auto shutoff at ten minutes . If thats not enough, hit the power and vape longer . Don't let changin' the bottom screen scare you off it's not hard to do and could make a big improvement , 1_gr8_ knows of what he speaks , Good to hear you at least got your morning sesion in. :peace:

hey laugingsodreamy how long is it running before it shuts off, as 1_gr8_ underdog told ya the DV has an auto shutoff at ten minutes . If thats not enough, hit the power and vape longer . Don't let changin' the bottom screen scare you off it's not hard to do and could make a big improvement , 1_gr8_ knows of what he speaks , Good to hear you at least got your morning sesion in. :peace:
yea and sorry if ive been in so much need lol i just knew i was going to have a hard time with vaporizers its great but ive been testing and its literally doing that its just toasting it till its golden and it doesnt hit anymore i know its not supposed to do that, it shuts off all the time for no reason ever since i got it its been getting worse i have to manually click power up so much i swear im not bumbing it i know sometimes thats the case, i just hope its something like material stuck in the bottom chamber becase that makes alot of sense i was going to find a flashlght i dont think i have any air but im going to look my friend wants to use the davinci so i guess im just gonna reload two greens and keep the gold lol thats what ive been doing to work around its little hissy fit. im sure its just dirty i use the DV a lot lately lol.

But i def am going to go at the bottom screen awww i lost the cleaning brush so ima use something else hmmm. and have you guys experienced this? i mean its a new unit maybe i was grinding my material too much? ease my mind if anyone else experienced this i dont think its my materials because i have new stuff now but it started happening even with my previous stuff. and ive been using medium grinds now, i loaded a small bowl and it wasnt clogging at all and i pulled one draw on it it wasnt clogged it wasnt even sucking onto the topscreen it had air flow going everywere through it i could feel the warm but it just wasnt pulling the material after it turned semi yellow with mainly greens! it blows me away i dont understand even larger material loads it does the exact same thing i get 2 draws always 2 lol soon as its mainly green/yellow with small parts of brown its stops ive stirred it up loaded it out on my hand reloaded it loosely/tigtly it has to be the bottom oven chamber is dirty haha. it never used to do that, it used to pull hella and it could come out dark brown if i wanted it too now it dont even do that haha.

umm any help changing the bottom screen? lol its way hard what do you use? ive tried a hair clip a safety clip, a thumb tack, a small nail. i even slightly scraped the sides the screen wont come up at all? all while using a flash light.

laugingsodreamy12,

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
I always pregrind my herb, my DV and NO2 Don't draw well with a fine grind, I've used the herbs that were ground perfect for other Vapes like the MFLB in the DV and could hardly pull a hit without busting a lung , most 2 -4 piece grinders give a good all around grind . Still if your DaVinci turns of before reaching your target temp or just a few minutes it's not working right , shouldn't be to hard to time how long it takes to shut down after you power up . hit button look at clock , unit shuts off look at clock. Is it ten minutes 1 minute or 3 or 5 or 7 minutes ? If the cleaning don't help contact DV customer service and see about replacing it with one that works . Good Luck .

EDIT I got mine out with a toothpick , tweezers will work great to just pull /pry it out . put a new screen in You'll most likely tear up the old one getting it out.

RUDE BOY,
im a pretty good with my hands and thats too much for me i stopped lol i dont want to hurt my unit rofl. i shined on the screen and i see no excess material i think the bottom looks like white?

laugingsodreamy12,

1_gr8_underdog

umm any help changing the bottom screen? lol its way hard what do you use? ive tried a hair clip a safety clip, a thumb tack, a small nail. i even slightly scraped the sides the screen wont come up at all? all while using a flash light.
I use a safety pin to remove it. Slightly bend just the very tip into a small hook with a pair of pliers. Then insert the hook into the screen and remove the old screen:tup:
A not so great picture, but this should give you a idea of what I mean.

Ohu3iu9.jpg
3nOpGDT.png

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
I use a straw and suck the contents out of the bottom of all my vapes. It is the easiest and fastest way that I have found.

Dreamerr,
Reactions: RUDE BOY
yea that would work great ima do that but i tested the heating element in 10 minutes it went off 3 times and i had to re click it i think its the heating unit i had it on the power cord too so it was getting power still? and ima find a safety clip dang thats whats up thats perfect thing i couldnt get the momentum to pop it up with the stuff i was trying it for.

laugingsodreamy12,

Davinci_vaporizer

Clean First Technology
Manufacturer
Laughingsodreamy12, if your still having issues with power on Monday call our customer service and Jess will take care of you.

Don't be afraid of removing the bottom screen. There is literally nothing breakable underneath there. I don't have to replace mine except every 3-4 months and then I either find a can of air to blow the particles out, or use a dental pick to pull that puppy out of there.

Good idea on the safety pin!

OF

I use a safety pin to remove it. Slightly bend just the very tip into a small hook with a pair of pliers. Then insert the hook into the screen and remove the old screen:tup:

Funny, I do the same thing with a nearly identical tool. One difference though, I heated the tip of mine red hot then tapped it gently while soft. "Any tool can be used as a hammer" you know. In this case I used the metal barrel of the cheap 'torch type' lighter I have lying all over. Very easy when the steel's hot
http://dx.com/p/jet-1300-c-butane-lighter-1320

Handy little lighter, plenty cheap and I've yet to break one or wear one out.

OF

elevation

Can you use the oil can for vaping hash pure too? Has anyone tried this with good results?

elevation,

OF

Can you use the oil can for vaping hash pure too? Has anyone tried this with good results?

I had some fair results with bubble as opposed to oil, if that's what you're talking about?

I put a little pad of the SS mesh from the Volcano pad in the bottom, maybe the bottom 1/4 of it so no light passed through. That kept everything in the can just fine. Some came out as a gooey mass (when warm is better), sticking together as it broke down, some came out as loose grains. I tried a couple of random 'old school' hard hashes (pressed kief) with similar results but found I had to chop them up to get them to vape well. From a lump all I got was wisps and a headache.

Some 'full melt' that fouled up an Omicron cart very quickly worked well.

I suggest you give it a try and be ready to experiment some.

Good luck with it.

OF

i love the DV but it seems inconsistent sometimes it hits hela hard sometimes it just does what ive been saying.
Man i think im going back to combustion i dont want too but this thing is confusing me. its wasting my material i dont understand it, just yesterday it was working so great and pulling hella pulls today i tried using it 3 times and each time it made me work for crappy hits that just seemed clogged (like it wasnt hitting like it used too just freaking yesterday) it did this since i got it off and on. its just been getting worse the thing is freaking spotless i swear its the heating element i dont think its working it says its 375f and its not even hot. and it heats up weirdely fast now in like 20 secs? and it wont even vape until about its been on hella long i think something happened to my unit? i still havent heard from customer service. but idk. such a bummer. i dont want to combust i love vaping but it just needs to perform or its history. This is what iw as worried about nothing is as reliable as a simple pipe you can just load it you dont have to worry about stuff like this. newer technology thats not commercialed and widely used isnt really advanced because its still in the earlier problems. hence why electrical things are more expensive and always seem more faulty.

I dont understand it its like playing roulette i load the material expecting what ever sometimes it works sometimes it just doesnt even work and i just watch my crap go up in the air pretty much. ive done everything i can possibly due to fix what ever its doing and its not performing as intended 100% of the time (hell about half).

laugingsodreamy12,
i dont get it the thing used to rip so hard and be so efficient? id barely hit it and get huge vapor draws.... now it does that 10% out of 100% it has more of a chance of just not vaping correctly when it does its pre magic but its like a longshot. a fairytail.

laugingsodreamy12,

OF

What more do you expect us to say?

I think we've tried to help, you've reported random results, good and bad, a constantly moving target from where I'm sitting. It's very hard to diagnose things under those conditions as I'm sure you realize.

If you'd asked 'what would be a good first vape' this would not be one I'd recommend as it's confusing to many (like you) and resulting inconsistent results can get in the way of learning what vaping is all about. For experienced vapers it's pretty easy to understand and correct the results you're getting, but here I think your lack of that experience is preventing getting experience. A 'catch 22' if you will.

Consider that if the weed goes in full of THC, and comes out without it (which it seems it does at least sometimes?) and it's not being destroyed by the DV (which it's not) it must be in you or leaked into the room literally 'under your nose'. There is no magic. Just science.

I'd suggest either sending it in for a check up or getting a VG or other similar vape that gives you more control and access to the process to gain skills, or seeking out a local guy who understands the ideas to help you out.

BTW it's policy here to edit your prior posts using the "edit" function in the lower end of your last post (visible and usable only by you for six hours I think). Such consecutive posts burn up bandwidth and are not allowed in the rules. Sooner or later a Moderator will get you if you continue.

I know it's frustrating, but there are really only two possibilities: one is the unit is defective in a way you haven't been able to convey to us (or we've collectively never seen) or (and this is not a personal attack) you lack the skills and experience needed to get the results. In a way you've jumped into the deep end. Other, more common, 'first vapes' could fix that as could some coaching in person.

Good luck.

OF

1_gr8_underdog

i dont get it
What state do you reside in? If your close, I will come help you.:tup:

i dont get it
i still havent heard from customer service.
Laughingsodreamy12, if your still having issues with power on Monday call our customer service and Jess will take care of you.
there toll free# 800-336-7224

laugingsodreamy12,
Da Vinci did publicly responded to you on Saturday. Click link below to view original post http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/davinci-pocket-vaporizer-by-karma.4928/page-82#post-376442

I just feel stupid i have a VG it BROKE LOL. it just combusts it dont even vape anymore, i just dont get it.... Its just acting like its not conducting the vape, i literally get no hits sometimes with brand new material? i end up drawing like a madman for 1-2 hits then sometimes i load the thing and its pulls for 10+ draws? if its user error then dam this thing is sensitive because i used to use it all the time with no problems than one day boom it just kept doing this. Even if i get drags i used to be able to feel it now its like theirs no vapor sometimes. i visibly see no vapor with brand new material? i know you guys are just trying to help but it got me pissed at this point though i just want to vape some weed i spent 200 dollars on this not to burn up my chronic its like i cant even get high. it shouldnt be hard to get freaking high i mean come on.

I live in washington state you guys have all helped very much and honestly i dont know what it could be i didnt expect you guys to know i hear no one say anything closely related to it. its just if it doesnt work it i get crap draws and it just slightly browns my material(never darkens it like it used too it even leaves greens its not vaping well at all at times). The reason i report dramatic results is because thats why my unit is doing its like russian roulette i dont know if its going to work or just straight fail. theirs no stems ive tried different grinds changed screens cleaned the whole thing ive done my part its the DV's turn lol to hold its promise and it hasnt been.

The thing that sucks too is its easy to tell if it works (you can feel the vapor in your hit if its works), if it work, it leaves me blitzed as hell if it don't it just leaves me pissed the freak off with wasted AVB. a very big waste of time and definetly not even a buzz. its not tolerance the thing dont even pull draws anymore (sometimes 50/50 chance to pull good totally random), im a dude who even with high tolerance a bowl will get me high if its decent bud. these crap draws and waste of my material is leaving me with no buzz and its starting to urk me. im seeing the dollar sighns start to add up as im counting lots of material just wasted. Grinding up a good sized nug of my herb just to get 2 hits off (shitty hits) a fully loaded chamber is not performing as a vaporizer IMO and its really depressing just watching it go to waste like that.

laugingsodreamy12,
Top Bottom