Davinci by Karma

SwiftGeneration

Get Lifted.
Apologies, the Da Vinci is working a bit too well for my own good. Call it what you will, a rose by any other name...

SwiftGeneration,

SwiftGeneration

Get Lifted.
It seems simple now that I have it in front of me; the DV is the most cost effective, engineered, and rugged portable vape on the market today. Can't wait to use this walkie-talkie at this huge concert in March...

Will definitely be educating as many people as possible.

SwiftGeneration,

GanjaDude

Did you get the new model or the older model? the new model has a magnet to hold the chamber down and not the clip

GanjaDude,

SwiftGeneration

Get Lifted.
It's an older model, unfortunately, 5XXX. I have no qualms over its functionality thus far, no issue of offgassing which was my biggest concern.

SwiftGeneration,

GanjaDude

Yeah ive had both the old and the new model and neither produced any of gasses which I watched for about 10 minutes with a laser pen

GanjaDude,

shadycheeba

well i couldnt wait for the ascent and took the plunge and purchased a davinci.it seems to be a older model as it does not have the magnetic lid.its charging now ill let you guys know how i make out with it.of course i will be getting a ascent also when it comes out how can i not?:tup:

ok so i didnt wait for the ascent cause i needed something now.after hours and hours of research on various other portables and hours reading 75 pages of this thread i decided on this vape.i think i may have a defective unit? when i plug it in it does not matter if the unit is on or off the screen comes on.so i follow instructions and turn the unit on anyways.it says i can use it while charging but when i press the 2nd power button(to heat up) a red light just blinks a couple times and does not heat up.when i unplug the unit i can not get it to turn on at all no blue screen.i am highly dissapointed that i can not even use this thing once.is there something im missing here? im medical patient and i need this vape now hence why i rushed out instead of ordering online and waiting for shipping.after spending good money on this i do not feel too good

when i hold the power button in all it does is change the temp from C to F.wow what luck i have in life.i am a patient and active member of RIPAC here in rhode island.once a month we have patient meetings of around 100+ people and i wanted to do a show and tell on portables.guess i cant do that now.

shadycheeba,

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
At the risk of sounding silly, did you push up the side switch and then press the power button?

Dreamerr,

shadycheeba

while charging the side switch is up and when i push the power button a red light blinks i believe 3 or 4 times and nothing.unplugged i can not get any power

*edit* i counted and red light above blue screen blinks 5 times.

shadycheeba,

Dreamerr

Try holding the power button in.

ok start again. Push the switch up on the right side, press and hold just for a moment like two seconds the power button, when released you should have a red light and then you can adjust your temp with the other buttons.

Dreamerr,

max

Out to lunch
You don't mention whether you charged the vape or not, so I'll mention that it may need it when new and it may take a while to fully charge. Just plugging it in for a few minutes isn't enough. If it's not charged enough for use you WILL have to use it plugged in, but it's designed to be used as a portable.

The main power switch (on the side) has to be 'up' to turn the unit on. The heat button should go from blue to red when you press it, and stay red until it reaches the temp it's set for (375 F by default, unless they've changed it). At that point it should be green and stay green unless you increase the temp setting. Then it'll go from red to green again. When the unit 'times out' the heater will turn off and the display will go back to blue. You can still get a hit (possibly two) after switching it off or immediately after it times out.

That pretty much covers the basics so if yours isn't working like that (and it doesn't sound like it is), then you need to contact DaVinci for service.

max,

shadycheeba

yep tried that multiple times.i just get a blinking red light.when i unplug it there is no power at all.i dont think its charging either.

shadycheeba,

Dreamerr

:doh: max I didn't realize that ugh. He did say it was the older model so it may have been sitting around a while. Also burns have to be done before use....having a senior moment.

Let it charge overnight.

Dreamerr,
Reactions: OF

max

Out to lunch
The next poster I see posting back to back instead of using the edit button gets both posts deleted and an official one point warning. It's a rule and I'm tired of merging posts for members who are either lazy or don't know the rules.

when i unplug it there is no power at all.i dont think its charging either.
Contact DaVinci. They'll tell you what to do. They have an 800 #.

max,

Dreamerr

Max who posted back to back...I didn't as far as I know...

Dreamerr,

shadycheeba

i got the last black one and shop only had 1 white left.i really wanted black but i wonder if i could exchange it since i just got it and its unused.i can deal with white as long as it works.or am i forced to go thru davinci?i think out of the 75 pages i spent hours reading i might be the 1st to get a unit that does not work out of the box.if there was a huge open field and 1 pile of shit in the whole field and all i took was 1 step out into the field i would step in the shit.thats my luck.

sorry for back to back posts.this is the 1st of many forums i am a part of that has this rule.next time i wont vape 3 balloons of blue cheese while reading the rules

Dreamerr

The plus is you will get the newer model if you contact them. The battery may have discharged to much but I would still leave it plugged in over night to see. I am not sure I would want to keep a battery that was in that state anyhow even if it does end up working.

Dreamerr,

green2brown

Does the main switch need to be on to charge? I just picked one of these up and plugged it into the charger, but there's no charging indicator without turning the main power on. So I figured I'd ask.

green2brown,

green2brown

Yes you need to have the main power switch on to be able to charge :)

Thanks, boss! So do we know how much power this thing uses when only the main power switch is on? Is it minimal to the point that I can accidentally forget the main power is still turned on after turning off the heater? Or will that alone drain the battery before I remember that I left it on?

green2brown,

GanjaDude

It uses very little power but I have once completed killed the battery so if your unit wont turn on at all dont worry just plug it in

GanjaDude,

green2brown

Woooaaaah erratic battery indicator. I turned on the unit, it showed 4 bars, then I turn on the heat and it starts going back and forth between 2 and 3 bars. Time to just let this thing sit and charge. Then hopefully it will stabilize. Ok, enough rambling. I'll be back later with the results of my first use. I hope this can allow me to hold out on ordering the Ascent for a few months.

green2brown,

GanjaDude

It wont stabilize it will always go to 3 bars when the heating element is on :) not sure why it just does lol

GanjaDude,

Dreamerr

It bopping between bars is normal but it sounds like you didn't give it a full charge yet.

Dreamerr,
Top Bottom