Davinci by Karma

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
I have done a few cycles on high temp and one with abv in the chamber and I must say, the smell is fading, I think I'm going to use it soon, serial nr starts with a 1 on mine but the chamber door has the same restriction as what I saw on the pic a few posts ago (comparisson between older and newer unit where the newer unit opened up much more to the back so cleaning was easier)
Any tips on temp setting? I'm going to set it at 334F (167C) and go to 347F (175C) wich would be about the same as setting 5 and 6 on the INH004 (I like and use these two settings the most)

edit. oops, Not sure if my SN starts with a 1 or a 0, it starts 0E1004xxx

I use my dv at 356-375 most often at 375 the default. I use my INH at 3-4 most often at 4. With the low temps you are using I don't get how you are using the INH on 5-6 although I did that when I first got it and got used to it. If you aren't using water to me that is to high and to harsh and not necessary but that is me.

Dreamerr,

Belgianvapor

I use my dv at 356-375 most often at 375 the default. I use my INH at 3-4 most often at 4. With the low temps you are using I don't get how you are using the INH on 5-6 although I did that when I first got it and got used to it. If you aren't using water to me that is to high and to harsh and not necessary but that is me.
I looked up the temps behind the numbers of the INH on the forum so I'm not sure if these are correct or not, I didn't measured them myself.
The post said 4 = 322, 5 = 334 and 6 = 347 so I figured that I could use these temps in the davinci for the same results but as max already stated it's better to experiment because davinci (and others?) might not
be that acurate.
I must say I haven't used the davinci yet, I just recieved it a few days ago and I did a few burn offs with and without abv just to get rid of the smell, but it's getting much better now so I'm gearing up to try it soon

Belgianvapor,

djonkoman

I use mine at celsius setting, so a bit hard to compare as I have no 'feel'/intuition for fahrenheot temps(sometimes I use google to convert it to celsius)
I usually start at 175 or 180, depends a bit on the weed. if I start at 175 I usually turn it up to 180 later, unless it already gets dark enough at 175.
often I also turn it up to 185(either from a 180 or a 175 start with 180 in between), but almost never higher as that. unless one batch of weed I once had that was still pretty light, almost green, at 185.

that is mostly in the coffeeshop, if I need stealth, or just subtlety, I start at 170. that way I barely see any vapor at exhale. but I rarely need stealth, the DV is my main portable, and my main not-at-home spot is the coffeeshop where I go with a friend(and often meet more there), so I'm surrounded by stoned people, joints, bongs, and weedsmoke. and ofcourse ashtrays and chessboards, so you can imagine that being identified as sipping from a vaporizer is the last worry on my mind.
the da vinci is a conversationstarter though, it happens quite frequently that for example I'm sitting there reading a newspaper with a cup of coffee(waiting for that aforementioned friend to arrive), da vinci in front of me and smeone asks me what it is. and everyone mentions it looks like a walkietalkie, either before or after I've explained what it really is. I think I've not met a single person that did NOT mention it looked like a walkietalkie:lol:

Belgianvapor

I use mine at celsius setting, so a bit hard to compare as I have no 'feel'/intuition for fahrenheot temps(sometimes I use google to convert it to celsius)
I usually start at 175 or 180, depends a bit on the weed. if I start at 175 I usually turn it up to 180 later, unless it already gets dark enough at 175.
often I also turn it up to 185(either from a 180 or a 175 start with 180 in between), but almost never higher as that. unless one batch of weed I once had that was still pretty light, almost green, at 185.

that is mostly in the coffeeshop, if I need stealth, or just subtlety, I start at 170. that way I barely see any vapor at exhale. but I rarely need stealth, the DV is my main portable, and my main not-at-home spot is the coffeeshop where I go with a friend(and often meet more there), so I'm surrounded by stoned people, joints, bongs, and weedsmoke. and ofcourse ashtrays and chessboards, so you can imagine that being identified as sipping from a vaporizer is the last worry on my mind.
the da vinci is a conversationstarter though, it happens quite frequently that for example I'm sitting there reading a newspaper with a cup of coffee(waiting for that aforementioned friend to arrive), da vinci in front of me and smeone asks me what it is. and everyone mentions it looks like a walkietalkie, either before or after I've explained what it really is. I think I've not met a single person that did NOT mention it looked like a walkietalkie:lol:

I normally also use celcius but I looked up the Farenheit temps, so if I can believe the post in the INH forum, setting 4 is 161 C and 5 is 167 C so that's what I was thinking of using with the davinci.

Belgianvapor,

Dreamerr

Belgianvapor I don't and never did believe the IHN temp chart or it is just different then other vapes. As max said you will have to see cause as you can see I am at way diff temps on the two units. If you have a solo I run it at 3.

djonkoman I believe you meant to say 275 not 175.

Just want to thank both of you for converting to F cause you know C is hard for some of us.

camdenstoner

So i started using my Da Vinci without the straw and it really has taken it to a new level. :) The hits feel much stronger and the vap is thicker than normal, you just need to be careful when it get's hot around the top but if you have not tried it you should.

I got mine from a head shop in london and was lucky as i did not know there were 2 models but it seems I picked up a new one as the lid opens right back which is a bonus.

As for smell there is hardly any when you vap out in pubic and I have a little air tight clear bag that I keep the Da Vinci in if it's in my pocket just in case there are any after smells.

camdenstoner,

max

Out to lunch
camdenstoner said:
you just need to be careful when it get's hot around the top but if you have not tried it you should.
No thanks- not for me. Glad it's a good option for you though. I do want to say something about "hot around the top" though, since I've seen other comments about it. All vapes have to shed heat somewhere, since their job is to produce it. With small portables you're always going to have 'hot spots', and want to avoid those during use. With the DV, the hot spot is the heating chamber side (especially the vents), including the mouthpiece side of the top. But the other side of the top doesn't get hot, so it's easy to hold the unit, during use, with your thumb on the top and your pinky (or ring finger, if your hand is big) holding the bottom. Once you get in the habit of holding it by the cool side, this is an easy portable to handle.

max,

djonkoman

Belgianvapor I don't and never did believe the IHN temp chart or it is just different then other vapes. As max said you will have to see cause as you can see I am at way diff temps on the two units. If you have a solo I run it at 3.

djonkoman I believe you meant to say 275 not 175.

Just want to thank both of you for converting to F cause you know C is hard for some of us.
no, 275 would be a little too hot :lol: if my DV could go that high I would get ash and a scorched throat(but it only goes up to 207)

djonkoman,

Dreamerr

I see you said some stuff in C and some in F...nice way to confuse me hehe:D

Dreamerr,

djonkoman

I did mention fahrenheit(the word), but all temps I mentioned where in celsius(but I didn't put 'degrees celsius' after the numbers, probably should've done that)

djonkoman,

Davinci_vaporizer

Clean First Technology
Manufacturer
Hey all, I just mentioned this in the Ascent thread, so I figure I'd post here too. There are no pre-orders available for the Ascent quite yet.

You'll hear it from me first when there are. That's why I'm on here :)

Jacktheripper

Just got my new davinci today, sent to me from customer service after my first one broke. They deserve me mention this more then once as they solved it very profesional.

Regarding the smell problem with the new units, try to vape som tobacco (of course you don't have to smoke it) just warm enough to get some vape out of the unit. I did this once after i opened the box witht the unit and the only thing it smells now is toasted tobacco.

Btw, the new version is most awesome.

Of course the ascent will be bought first thing after realese.

Sorry for bad english.

max

Out to lunch
Regarding the smell problem with the new units, try to vape som tobacco (of course you don't have to smoke it) just warm enough to get some vape out of the unit. I did this once after i opened the box witht the unit and the only thing it smells now is toasted tobacco.
Personally, I would choose pretty much any herb you can vaporize, vs. tobacco. That stuff nasties up a vape.

Sorry for bad english.
It's not bad. We see worse from English (first) speakers sometimes, especially from phones.

Jacktheripper

Personally, I would choose pretty much any herb you can vaporize, vs. tobacco. That stuff nasties up a vape.

Hmm how does tobacco nasties up the vape? Asking because i do not want to nastie up my vape and i hate tobacco. Well in that case, i would also choose any other herb vs tobacco!

Jacktheripper,

max

Out to lunch
I can't tell you from personal experience, but reports indicate that not only does the tobacco (and associated chemicals) smell linger and interfere with the mj taste, but it's harder to clean off than residue from natural herbs. I don't think 'breaking in' with anything is necessary. Just run the vape empty for a while before loading for use. That's a good idea with any new vape.

max,
Reactions: ShipDit

GanjaDude

I can't tell you from personal experience, but reports indicate that not only does the tobacco (and associated chemicals) smell linger and interfere with the mj taste, but it's harder to clean off than residue from natural herbs. I don't think 'breaking in' with anything is necessary. Just run the vape empty for a while before loading for use. That's a good idea with any new vape.

I agree with Max Just turn it up to 405 and leave it running until it auto shuts off or you no longer see any vapor being released. I also do this after cleaning the DV with iso alch.

GanjaDude,
Don't do it man. I've done it,as have a couple friends. It's a BITCH to clean and months later I swear I can still taste the nasty-ass tobbacky!

ShipDit,

SwiftGeneration

Get Lifted.
I just received my 'Vinci after WEEKS and WEEKS of relentless research and comparisons; I feel like a seasoned pro when it comes to portable vaporizers simply from the man hours I put in to watching reviews, searching every single variation of X vs Y comparison reviews, skeptics, etc, and finally I can see for myself.

I am very pleased with my first portable unit from Karma. A huge factor was that the company was based in the United States, and the customer support on the forums I've seen. I am as happy as can be with my decision. This company is a major player in the market now, and I would love to see what comes next after the Aspire (Sorry, Da Vinci -- the craftsmanship looks too good to be affordable to me this year after these recent purchases.)

To all my fellow Da Vinci owners! Thank you, you have showed me the way to break away from my Q!

Top Bottom