Davinci by Karma

jasong

ok i just got my brand new dv just out of the box anyone want to walk me though this so i don't mess it up

jasong,

jasong

is it better to put your blend in the oil cans or just in the bowl? do i need to put a screen in it?

jasong,

OF

First charge it up fully. Don't cheat on this step.

Then fill the bowl with fine ground, well cured herb. The better the quality the better. The cans are for concentrates.

Turn it on (side switch which you already had on to charge) followed by pushing the power button. Use the default temperature for now. Wait until the LED changes color (you nearly make temperature) and start to hit it. Follow your results, it's easy from there.

You need no screens past the single on below the bowl and the one on the bottom of the lid, both of which should be there.

Don't use the stem as a handle, you can wreck it that way.

OF

jasong

ok well i cheated already but i used the can for my blend and it seems like it worked pretty good

jasong,

OF

it was charged out of the box

That's not really what I said.....

A full initial forming charge would have insured you longest possible battery life. If you don't have a display or controller failure like a few others have, expired batteries will be what will most likely cause you to scrap it out.

ok well i cheated already but i used the can for my blend and it seems like it worked pretty good

I don't doubt it a bit, they work well IMO as well.

OF

im very interested in buying but not sure wher the best place to buy from since it looks like im gona need a warranty,an i kno my local headshop wontoffer one ...i seen on their actual site they were selling it wit extra accessories .but i also read sumwher that the company was recently shut down, not sure if that's true or not but i been tryn to get in contact wit them an gettn no answer...i benn lookn into gotvape.com unless sumone has other suggestions

VaPe iT tHeN bAkE iT,

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
im very interested in buying but not sure wher the best place to buy from since it looks like im gona need a warranty,an i kno my local headshop wontoffer one ...i seen on their actual site they were selling it wit extra accessories .but i also read sumwher that the company was recently shut down, not sure if that's true or not but i been tryn to get in contact wit them an gettn no answer...i benn lookn into gotvape.com unless sumone has other suggestions
Try the DV website again its up and running. or click on their name on one of their posts here and contact them from profile page and start a conversation.

RUDE BOY,

Sparetyme

Hi all, I’m new here, post #1, but have been following the forum since December and read every post I might add in this thread. First of all, there’s a wealth of information here (Thanks to all the posters) and the representatives from DaVinci really are active and helpful. I received a DV as gift in January and it’s worked great until last Friday, then my DV switched from Fahrenheit to Celsius. I’ve tried holding down the power button to make it change back, the display does turn to “F”, but reads in “C”? Not only that, it now turns it’s self-off when it gets close to the normal vaporizing temperature, about three minutes in. Do you have any recommendations for a new user?

Thanks in advance

Sparetyme,

1_gr8_underdog

Trapped in the Astral Planes Back from the dead
Hi all, I’m new here, post #1, but have been following the forum since December and read every post I might add in this thread. First of all, there’s a wealth of information here (Thanks to all the posters) and the representatives from DaVinci really are active and helpful. I received a DV as gift in January and it’s worked great until last Friday, then my DV switched from Fahrenheit to Celsius. I’ve tried holding down the power button to make it change back, the display does turn to “F”, but reads in “C”? Not only that, it now turns it’s self-off when it gets close to the normal vaporizing temperature, about three minutes in. Do you have any recommendations for a new user?Thanks in advance

Welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear you are having trouble. You could either contact Da Vinci through this website by clicking there picture from a previous post use the start conversation tab.
Or you could fill out the form here http://www.davincivaporizer.com/contact-us/. There phone number is also located on this page. Hopefully this helps

1_gr8_underdog,
Reactions: Dreamerr

Sparetyme

Welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear you are having trouble. You could either contact Da Vinci through this website by clicking there picture from a previous post use the start conversation tab.
Or you could fill out the form here http://www.davincivaporizer.com/contact-us/. There phone number is also located on this page. Hopefully this helps

Thanks underdog, that did help. I used the link you provided and received a prompt email response from Jessica. I’ll be sending my DV to Las Vegas for analysis to be fixed or replaced.

Thanks again, Sparetyme

I am thinking about getting a Davinci but keep hearing about the older models off-gassing. I cannot order a unit to my house because my parents dont like me using weed, so my only option is to buy from a headshop. Is there a way to tell (besides serial #) if the Davinci is a new/old model, some sort of notification on the unit itself or the box it came in?

Thanks for the feedback guys

The Keif Chiefer,
I am lookin to buy one of these, but cannot order offline. I have heard off-gassing is a problem with older models so i am wondering if there is a sure way to determine the newer models( such as serial #, noticable changes to the unit/ packaging it came in)

Thanks for the help i cant wait to get one!

The Keif Chiefer,

1_gr8_underdog

I am lookin to buy one of these, but cannot order offline. i am wondering if there is a sure way to determine the newer models( such as serial #, noticable changes to the unit/ packaging it came in)

Thanks for the help i cant wait to get one!
Newest models have:
1.Increased Battery life (up to 1hr 40min.)
2.Magnetic closure on the lid for tighter seal
3.Recessed straw threads
4. Improved hinge for easier maintenance
(5. No longer available in white? Replaced by green I think,but not 100%)
I have heard off-gassing is a problem with older models
Davinci Pocket Vaporizer by Karma
Click above for the answer to this concern. :tup:
I support Davincivaporizer . They are great in terms of Vaporizer-
Welcome to the forum.:tup:

1_gr8_underdog,

Periplus

I had one of these but have since moved on. I was told it was one of the newer models.

Positives: great for herb smoking on the go and fairly stealth. Combustion doesn't seem like a problem. Heats up super fast when on charger, about 1:30 or so when off. Battery life only lasts 3-4 sessions at absolute most. Heating the little guy up really puts a hurtin' on the battery - expectedly - but I don't believe that you get quite as long out of them as some of the ads suggest.

Negatives: Very few sessions on the battery, but most importantly the little guy broke on me twice. Luckily we have a great shop here in Colorado Springs that handles the exchange and warranty for me. After the second one, I just exchanged it for an Atmos Raw since I really wanted something for wax and I've been wicked satisfied, albeit a different category of product (since I think it's a portable 'dabatron' instead of a full on herb vape.

Periplus,
Reactions: vape4life
I had one of these but have since moved on. I was told it was one of the newer models.

Positives: great for herb smoking on the go and fairly stealth. Combustion doesn't seem like a problem. Heats up super fast when on charger, about 1:30 or so when off. Battery life only lasts 3-4 sessions at absolute most. Heating the little guy up really puts a hurtin' on the battery - expectedly - but I don't believe that you get quite as long out of them as some of the ads suggest.

Negatives: Very few sessions on the battery, but most importantly the little guy broke on me twice. Luckily we have a great shop here in Colorado Springs that handles the exchange and warranty for me. After the second one, I just exchanged it for an Atmos Raw since I really wanted something for wax and I've been wicked satisfied, albeit a different category of product (since I think it's a portable 'dabatron' instead of a full on herb vape.

Does this happen often? I dont want to go through the process of constantly sending back my DaVinci if I decide to pull the trigger and buy one

The Keif Chiefer,

hydroperson

I have had problems with my Davinci purchased two months ago. Off-gassing, no replacement screens included, battery life only about 20 minutes. Hard to clean interior screen. I have repeatedly emailed their rep Shauntel Ludwig but she never gets back to me. Worse yet, when I have called DaVinci in the last few days, their 800 number and regular landline are defective, and their website contact form doesn't work. I have a feeling they have gone out of business. Now I have to go back to where I bought it and hope they treat me right. What a rip-off!!!

hydroperson,

1_gr8_underdog

I have had problems with my Davinci purchased two months ago. Off-gassing, no replacement screens included, battery life only about 20 minutes. Hard to clean interior screen. I have repeatedly emailed their rep Shauntel Ludwig but she never gets back to me. Worse yet, when I have called DaVinci in the last few days, their 800 number and regular landline are defective, and their website contact form doesn't work. I have a feeling they have gone out of business. Now I have to go back to where I bought it and hope they treat me right. What a rip-off!!!

Hi and welcome. Sorry to hear you are experiencing trouble. Please look over the previous posts there are multiple ways to contact Da Vinci. All There info is in one of the previous posts.
They are not off gassing:horse: the manufacture has explained this over and over. Here is the link to the manufactures explanation.Davinci Pocket Vaporizer by Karma

I have a feeling they have gone out of business.
They are not going out of business they have a strong presence on this forum. They are not going anywhere as far as I know.
Now I have to go back to where I bought it and hope they treat me right.
This is why I recommend buying directly from the manufacture. So there are no middle men to ruin your experience.

krunch

My davinci stopped working. I left it on the charger over the weekend and now the LCD display looks like this:

Ah0nOf3.jpg

any ideas? is it possible I overcharged it? None of the buttons do anything at all, except for the main switch that just turns the screen off and on

krunch,

1_gr8_underdog

Just received my updated Da vinci today:tup: It is currently charging. The resigned lid is quite nice. It opens to almost 90 degrees when the straw is detached. The magnets now used to hold the lid closed seem very strong. Can't wait to try it:D. I will report tomorrow on the battery life.

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
Good for you, 1 gr8 underdog have fun, still waiting on my warranty replacement ,don't know if it
will be a updated one or not, Hope so. Enjoy
still waiting to hear from DV on whats up with my return, they've had it since the 6th no word yet.

RUDE BOY,

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
I had no idea they did those changes...they listen to us that is wonderful. I guess if I had the new one I would have to change my signature to I had that darn lid to wow this is awesome lol.

1_gr8_underdog

I had no idea they did those changes...they listen to us that is wonderful. I guess if I had the new one I would have to change my signature to I had that darn lid to wow this is awesome lol.
On the new design you can see how it opens far enough to stay open without assistance and gives good access for cleaning etc. Also you can see the magnets on the right side of the new one
gxEXRUv.jpg

zhIhT3X.jpg

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
Mail Just came with replacement DaVinci. They sent me a New unit in the Box plus a snorkle.
Great Service ! As 1gr8 underdog noted lid is much improved also think they changed the Herb
chamber now i see metal shinning under the screen,Dont remember that from before thought
it was just a screen down there. Dreamerr you would love the bowl access now. Well now its
on charge its gonna be a long 3 hours. may you all enjoy a vapor filled day

Top Bottom